Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#223512 Apr 7, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Red herring. The laws that prevent someone from killing another person carry no requirement for supporting the person, and are based on the principle of the human being's right to live, not a right to monetary support.
Now you're calling a fetus or zygote a person.

How many unwanted children have YOU adopted.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#223513 Apr 7, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus was a human.
Jesus, like everyone, has returned to that from whence he came.
IF he existed.

I'm still more inclined to believe he's a mythical amalgamation of previous myths.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#223514 Apr 7, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Where's that?
Where were you before you were born?

Or for you conceptionists, before you were conceived?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#223515 Apr 7, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Buck, but no.
Ironically, I am in San Francisco, lecturing today on Constitutional issues.
I guess that, to you, I will be committing treason.
Wish you were here; a foil would contribute to the discussion.
I would enlighten your audience greatly.

I would challenge you to prove the Constitution prevents entanglement of government and religion.

And you would not be able to do so.

I would then regale them with some stories about me and Fountain and bar fights.

They would laugh like hyenas.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#223516 Apr 7, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
You're starting to sound like Joe McCarthy.
He believes in freedom for Atheist but not for those of us who embrace freedom of religion in our Constitution?

And just how far will he go to inhibit our Constitutional rights?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#223517 Apr 7, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you're calling a fetus or zygote a person.
How many unwanted children have YOU adopted.
Because I don't adopt a 10 year-old, does that mean I should not object to killing him?

Have someone introduce you to logic.

You can be charged with "homicide" for killing a fetus in certain circumstances.

Do you know what is killed when homicide is committed?
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#223518 Apr 7, 2014
O G Kush wrote:
<quoted text>
Religious freedom as well as freedom from religion should be amended but they won't.
This country's elections amount to rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.
We can no longer ' vote ' our government back to us. We are now "owned" by the rich and powerful.
The multi-billion dollar business of buying and selling political influence must be overthrown, repudiated and thoroughly replaced if democracy is to survive in America.
This massive influence-peddling must become our number one political issue because it underlies and thus greatly affects all other issues.
If we don't get big money out of our politics, our democracy and our standard of living will continue to decline.
I agree with you about big money and its influence on our government.

Lobbyist have carved out for themselves handsome returns.

But when it comes to our government at least the IRS should have scored high marks with you by suppressing and harassing religious based groups and individuals.

I on the other hand hope that some of these rouge former and present IRS management members spend some time in prison.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#223519 Apr 7, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>.phfft...honest and educated ....men and women ...do not contend this ...
It's ..the rising from the dead ...and/or...whether , or not He could beat Godzilla .....is , where the contestation .....BEGINS ...
Exactly!

“Love much, trust none”

There

#223520 Apr 7, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have some strong opinions against those who exercise their religious freedom.....
No. I am not like you.
I have a problem with people who lie to promote their religion, those who try to force their beliefs on others by law and those who think their personal beliefs make them better than everyone else.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#223521 Apr 7, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
Anybody watching Bible Rules on H2?
Pretty interesting.
When is that on ?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#223522 Apr 7, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with you about big money and its influence on our government.

Lobbyist have carved out for themselves handsome returns.

But when it comes to our government at least the IRS should have scored high marks with you by suppressing and harassing religious based groups and individuals.

I on the other hand hope that some of these rouge former and present IRS management members spend some time in prison.
I hope some of these religious based groups start getting taxed.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#223523 Apr 7, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Like calling us pro abortion?
Nobody I know is pro abortion. We are pro choice, or pro abortion rights.
AFAIC, if you don't have a uterus, you have no voice in the matter.
Why is it that so-called pro lifers (who are really pro birthers, since many of them are also against welfare and food stamps AFTER the baby is born) are not so vocal against boner pills.
After all, not being able to get it up MUST be the "designers" will.
The main consideration in RvW is that by making "pregnancy decisions" a right of the Govt, it would open the door to allow Govt mandated abortions.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#223524 Apr 7, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Where were you before you were born?
Or for you conceptionists, before you were conceived?
RR was designed.

Let's think about that for a moment.

On second thought it's making my brain itch.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#223525 Apr 7, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I think most of them should be prosecuted under the racketeering and fraud laws .

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#223526 Apr 7, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>The main consideration in RvW is that by making "pregnancy decisions" a right of the Govt, it would open the door to allow Govt mandated abortions.
Paranoid much?
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#223527 Apr 7, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I am not like you.
I have a problem with people who lie to promote their religion, those who try to force their beliefs on others by law and those who think their personal beliefs make them better than everyone else.
If I understand you correctly, you want all free citizens who exercise their freedom of religion have their right to vote taken away. Then have their right to citizenship removed so that they no longer have a voice in the government that they support? Is this what you believe?

You want to control by force what people can believe, is that correct?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#223528 Apr 7, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>When is that on ?
It was on H2 at 10pm EDT last night.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#223529 Apr 7, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I am not like you.
You want a government for the people by the people as long as the people are Atheist, is that correct?
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#223530 Apr 7, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be proud of your Federal Government. Through the IRS they have singled out, harassed and done all they could to harass religious based groups. They have turned up the heat and shown unfair prejudice in order to keep elections one sided.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#223532 Apr 7, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Paranoid much?
I don't trust Govts. No sane person should.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heartfelt Farewell by Thousands of Devotees 19 min Himanshr 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 28 min Pegasus 265,196
21 Dead Babies Found on Riverbank in China (Mar '10) 39 min TehO 662
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 40 min MUQ2 37,821
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 44 min pusherman_ 559,652
Who would like Darwins Theory of Evolution take... (Dec '10) 1 hr ChristineM 48,263
Hey guys..we are hiring boy for threesome sex.. 1 hr myveryownjulia 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 775,696
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr ctsseo 605,054
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 hr Chris Clearwater 175,684
More from around the web