Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#223258 Apr 5, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution is science, no matter how much you wish it wasn't.
The term “Evolution,” meaning change over time has such a broad and wide application.

But when it comes to Evolution of mankind certainly knowledge has been a evolutionary process. But the evolution of mankind?

But I don’t buy into that there wasn’t never a first man and first woman. All numbers ever generated are synonymous with the number one.

You seen evolution of mankind has been and continues to be taught by artist conception and speculation. When you really weed out all of the “could haves, might have, possibly, maybe, we think,“ you have nothing but someone’s idea of what happened.

Some animals look the same after 500 million years. A spider and cockroach alive 300 million years ago look just like the one’s today.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#223259 Apr 5, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t know if science knows or even can come close to the number of stars outside the earths atmosphere. I have heard in our own universe there could be as many as 400 million stars.
I have heard one Astronaut say that he believed there were 400 million galaxies and each having 400 million stars. So the number of stars reaches a point of being so great that we can’t fathom its numbers. We are talking a lot of real estate outside our atmosphere. This is no small place, this cosmos.
I do believe somewhere in all the trillions and trillions of stars is a new earth. I also believe there’s a place where the righteous will abide called,“heaven.”
You can deny there’s a heave if you will but you can’t deny the vastness of the cosmos. Even if we could travel at light speed we could not get from one end of the cosmos to the other in our life time. I believe heaven is somewhere out there in the cosmos. It may take a way to travel not yet fathomed by mankind. Light speed is way too slow for this kind of journey.
Obviously NASA believes there is something out there because of all the work that has gone on listening to the stars. This is an area of science that we haven’t even scratched the surface.
It would be interesting to hear a real unbiased PHD Mathematician calculate the possibility of another earth like ours in the cosmos. The bible scripture does mention a “New Heaven and a New Earth.”
I don’t believe with the vastness of the cosmos this is a unrealistic statement. Only Atheist believe this is impossible.
Eagle, there are between 100 BILLION and 400 BILLION stars in our own Milky Way Galaxy.

And perhaps 500 BILLION galaxies in the Universe.
O G Kush

Winter Garden, FL

#223260 Apr 5, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t know if science knows or even can come close to the number of stars outside the earths atmosphere. I have heard in our own universe there could be as many as 400 million stars.
I have heard one Astronaut say that he believed there were 400 million galaxies and each having 400 million stars. So the number of stars reaches a point of being so great that we can’t fathom its numbers. We are talking a lot of real estate outside our atmosphere. This is no small place, this cosmos.
I do believe somewhere in all the trillions and trillions of stars is a new earth. I also believe there’s a place where the righteous will abide called,“heaven.”
You can deny there’s a heave if you will but you can’t deny the vastness of the cosmos. Even if we could travel at light speed we could not get from one end of the cosmos to the other in our life time. I believe heaven is somewhere out there in the cosmos. It may take a way to travel not yet fathomed by mankind. Light speed is way too slow for this kind of journey.
Obviously NASA believes there is something out there because of all the work that has gone on listening to the stars. This is an area of science that we haven’t even scratched the surface.
It would be interesting to hear a real unbiased PHD Mathematician calculate the possibility of another earth like ours in the cosmos. The bible scripture does mention a “New Heaven and a New Earth.”
I don’t believe with the vastness of the cosmos this is a unrealistic statement. Only Atheist believe this is impossible.
I don't think atheists believe anything.
They accept the obvious.
Heaven/Paradise, no the matter how you consider it is preposterous.

No matter what your concept of heaven is your next-door neighbors will be entirely different.

It's safe to say most martyrs are in some type of paradise or at least we imagine them to be.

Now the problem arises because conflicting faiths share conflicting paradises.

Which ultimate amusement park is the best?

We are not immortal and no amount of chanting, subservient worship or special pleading will change that.

Organized superstition also known as 'religion' attempts to convince people it has an answer for everything, where in fact, it has answers to nothing.

Religion has never advanced mankind... Knowledge has.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#223261 Apr 5, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You are too retarded to understand variation and mutations in genetics does.
Just stick to your mythology. You have no concept of anything real.
"Goddidit!" - Buck
One thing that impresses me about you is your ability to overwhelm us with your erudite communication. This must mean you are one of the few on the earth that could be called a genius. A true vocabularian and always astute in your communication indicating that you probably hold several Doctorate degrees.

How is it that you have the time to bless us with your wide and in-depth responses that just leave us puzzled at your magnificent ability to describe someone so skillfully?

It’s such an honor to have such a lexicomane grace us with your vast knowledge and expressions of the English language. I bet professors all over the world are reading your response and using it to teach other brilliant minds the following day.

Thank you for you being you.[tipping hat]

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#223262 Apr 5, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Eagle, there are between 100 BILLION and 400 BILLION stars in our own Milky Way Galaxy.
Yeah, but only we have the Internet.

+1 for Earth

:-)
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#223263 Apr 5, 2014
O G Kush wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think atheists believe anything.
They accept the obvious.
No matter what your concept of heaven is your next-door neighbors will be entirely different.
It's safe to say most martyrs are in some type of paradise or at least we imagine them to be.
We are not immortal and no amount of chanting, subservient worship or special pleading will change that.
Organized superstition also known as 'religion' attempts to convince people it has an answer for everything, where in fact, it has answers to nothing.
I disagree with you.

Belief in a higher power,(God) has helped millions break free of all sorts of addictions including my own brother who was a hopeless alcoholic and drug addict.

I’m not aware of anyone ever claiming Atheism helped them break free of addictions, build schools for the poor, help the homeless world over, feed the hungry by the millions, build hospitals, fund medical research. All of these are just a few.

What has Atheism done for the better of mankind? One little group of about 10 Atheist in Dallas Texas passed out sandwiches one day to some people living on the street. They are hardly a Salvation Army type organization.

“Organized Superstition,” as you call it has helped put orphans in good homes and orphanages around the world. I don’t see much happening with the Atheist Charities. Now a lot of Atheist try to draft this billionaire or that billionaire as being a benevolent Atheist.

The fact remains that Atheism as an organized group has done little to nothing. Yet you make this statement,“Religion has never advanced mankind…” Tell that to all the stomachs we have fed and all the families we have helped over the last 200 years.

The Atheist creed continues to be and will always be, "Me, Myself and I."
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#223264 Apr 5, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Eagle, there are between 100 BILLION and 400 BILLION stars in our own Milky Way Galaxy.
Well, I feel like Austin Powers when he took the entire world hostage for one million dollars.[laughing]
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#223265 Apr 5, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but only we have the Internet.
+1 for Earth
:-)
[smiling]
davy

Albuquerque, NM

#223266 Apr 5, 2014
I forget, why did they execute Socrates....
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> The ancient Greeks normalized pedophilia as did the Romans. Prepubescent boys were passive sex toys for adult males, that is until they started to mature with body hair. Ganymede was raped by Zeus according to your wiki site. Excerpt below.
When painter-architect Baldassare Peruzzi included a panel of The Rape of Ganymede in a ceiling at the Villa Farnesina, Rome,(ca 1509-1514), Ganymede's long blond hair and girlish pose make him identifiable at first glance, though he grasps the eagle's wing without resistance. In Antonio Allegri Correggio's Ganymede Abducted by the Eagle (Vienna) Ganymede's grasp is more intimate. Rubens' version portrays a young man. But when Rembrandt painted the Rape of Ganymede for a Dutch Calvinist patron in 1635, a dark eagle carries aloft a plump cherubic baby (Paintings Gallery, Dresden) who is bawling and urinating in fright
The ancient Greeks were gross sexual barbarians.
davy

Albuquerque, NM

#223267 Apr 5, 2014
What law school did you drop out of? Sorry, did I say law school? I meant middle school.
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
States do not have Congress; they have legislatures.
Congress is a specific federal institution.
Those who wrote the First Amendment knew what Congress is - they were members of it.
They wrote the Establishment Clause specifically for the concern of delegates who were afraid "Congress", meaning the federal government, would infringe on their handling of state - church issues.
The Establishment Clause was a "hands-off" agreement for the feds not to interfere.
Now, courts have used it as the opposite - the very means of interfering.
SCOTUS "interpreted" the Establishment Clause to mean the EXACT OPPOSITE of what it meant when ratified, and for the first 170 years of its existence.
Amazing, huh?
Do you think those state delegates would have voted for and ratified the First Amendment if they understood it to mean Congress and SCOTUS could control church and state issues in all their states?
NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Do you think the state legislatures would have ratified the First Amendment if they understood it to mean Congress and SCOTUS could control church state issues in their state?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
So what happened?
SCOTUS USURPED THE POWER OF THE PEOPLE TO GOVERN THEMSELVES, VIOLATED THEIR OATHS, VIOLATED THE CONSTITUTION,....
This is unassailable fact.
davy

Albuquerque, NM

#223268 Apr 5, 2014
How about I beat you over the head with a fossil.
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot present any verifiable empirical evidence for evolution, because there is none. All you can supply is an interpretation of data that is presuppositional by nature.
The evidence is that you have no empirical evidence...

“The..”

Since: Dec 12

"..who whating how with huh?"

#223269 Apr 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong. Why she was on the train tracks is very relevant. You can't just come up with a hypothetical situation that makes no sense whatsoever.

I asked for human unconditional love, not make-believe unconditional love.

Why was she on the tracks?
Him taking a train for her is an act of unconditional love.

You think it matters why she was on the tracks because you don't have a clue what unconditional love is.

Also, you're an eejit.

“The..”

#223270 Apr 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>That's right.

God Bless America.
Which god and why hasn't it blessed America yet?

“The..”

#223271 Apr 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>According to the Topix Atheist!, sperm is life.

But a fetus isn't.

Go figure.
It's your failed logic you dumfuq.

“The..”

#223272 Apr 6, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>You own posts prove it. Any sane person can see it.
Those who are qualified can also see it.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#223273 Apr 6, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't know that's what they were calling it these days.
I was gonna say Barbed my Bush but the former First Lady frowned on that one.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#223274 Apr 6, 2014
macumazahn wrote:

Thanks.

I wasn't going to waste my time.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#223275 Apr 6, 2014
O G Kush wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think atheists believe anything.
They accept the obvious.

Religion promises to pay on Tuesday for a hamburger today.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#223276 Apr 6, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree with you.

Belief in a higher power,(God) has helped millions break free of all sorts of addictions including my own brother who was a hopeless alcoholic and drug addict.

IÂ’m not aware of anyone ever claiming Atheism helped them break free of addictions, build schools for the poor, help the homeless world over, feed the hungry by the millions, build hospitals, fund medical research. All of these are just a few.

What has Atheism done for the better of mankind? One little group of about 10 Atheist in Dallas Texas passed out sandwiches one day to some people living on the street. They are hardly a Salvation Army type organization.

“Organized Superstition,” as you call it has helped put orphans in good homes and orphanages around the world. I don’t see much happening with the Atheist Charities. Now a lot of Atheist try to draft this billionaire or that billionaire as being a benevolent Atheist.

The fact remains that Atheism as an organized group has done little to nothing. Yet you make this statement,“Religion has never advanced mankind…” Tell that to all the stomachs we have fed and all the families we have helped over the last 200 years.

The Atheist creed continues to be and will always be, "Me, Myself and I."
You have atheism confused with right wing, republican, Christian conservatism.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#223277 Apr 6, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The term “Evolution,” meaning change over time has such a broad and wide application.
But when it comes to Evolution of mankind certainly knowledge has been a evolutionary process. But the evolution of mankind?
But I don’t buy into that there wasn’t never a first man and first woman. All numbers ever generated are synonymous with the number one.
You seen evolution of mankind has been and continues to be taught by artist conception and speculation. When you really weed out all of the “could haves, might have, possibly, maybe, we think,“ you have nothing but someone’s idea of what happened.
Some animals look the same after 500 million years. A spider and cockroach alive 300 million years ago look just like the one’s today.
You see, religions of mankind has been and continues to be taught by artist conception and speculation. When you really weed out all the "could haves, might have, possibly, maybe, we think" you have nothing but someones idea of what happened.

The garden of eden? artists rendition is just speculation, Noahs ark? Same. Heaven? More imagining and speculation there in glowing artists pictures than anywhere. Since it is all a guess work kingdom. Nobody has been there and brought back pictures of how it really is have they? Does heaven exist anywhere but between your ears? In your head? In your imagination?

Those bug may look similar, but guaranteed, they are different.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 min Toby 96,102
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min RiccardoFire 548,440
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Catcher1 750,272
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 21 min t 37,251
Gay snapchat names 33 min Pezattack 31
Fischbach army depot-NATO site 67 (Mar '07) 35 min neiswanger ralph 406
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 38 min AnnieJ 602,151
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 38 min RiccardoFire 261,620
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 7 hr girls united states 125

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE