Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#223192 Apr 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I do. I am your superior in every conceivable way.
If you say so.

Lol!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#223193 Apr 5, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
"There is only one Congress"
Congress.gov | Library of Congress, 113th Congress
Search Bill Text from Multiple Congresses.
http://thomas.loc.gov/home/multicongress/mult...
"Science is a field of study."
A single field?
Sorry Buck, you should have been a professional wrestler. Like you, they only need to be big......... not smart.
There is only one Congress. "113th Congress" refers to that session of Congress.

The Library of Congress is a library, not a Congress.

When the Constitution refers to "Congress", it refers to the one Congress, the institution, which consists of 535 elected members.

This is as opposed to the suggestion that state governments are "Congresses".

The First Amendment, when it says "Congress shall make no law...." is referring to the legislative body elected by citizens to serve in the federal government.

Do I need to explain this further to you?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#223194 Apr 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I do. I am your superior in every conceivable way.
Aerobatty wrote:
If you say so.
You're learning....

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#223196 Apr 5, 2014
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Mutations cause a general loss in information not an increase.
You have swallowed the propaganda whole it seems...
Genetic variation is built in, not added.
Oh really , then explain how a duplication error contains less information than a correct duplication.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#223197 Apr 5, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
There is only one Congress. "113th Congress" refers to that session of Congress.
The Library of Congress is a library, not a Congress.
When the Constitution refers to "Congress", it refers to the one Congress, the institution, which consists of 535 elected members.
This is as opposed to the suggestion that state governments are "Congresses".
The First Amendment, when it says "Congress shall make no law...." is referring to the legislative body elected by citizens to serve in the federal government.
Do I need to explain this further to you?
Yes Buck but since the body of congress changes as it progresses through time , it is not the same congress 100 years later.
It is the same form of government but not the same congress.

"The term Congress can also refer to a particular meeting of the legislature. A Congress covers two years; the current one, the 113th Congress, began on January 3, 2013, and would end on January 3, 2015. The Congress starts and ends on each third day of January by every two years of the odd number. Members of the Senate are referred to as senators; members of the House of Representatives are referred to as representatives, congressmen, or congresswomen."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Co...

The First Continental Congress was a gathering of representatives from twelve of the thirteen British Colonies in North America.[8] On July 4, 1776, the Second Continental Congress adopted the Declaration of Independence,

Government powerlessness led to the Convention of 1787 which proposed a revised constitution with a two–chamber or bicameral congress.

You lose.

Location hidden

#223198 Apr 5, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Every State has a legislative body (Congress) made up of a Senate and House of Representatives.
"If we change the name of the US Congress to US Legislature then we can teach Christianity in public schools because the Constitution said so." - Buck
" A snake isn't a serpent." - RiversidBucktard
States do not have Congress; they have legislatures.

Congress is a specific federal institution.

Those who wrote the First Amendment knew what Congress is - they were members of it.

They wrote the Establishment Clause specifically for the concern of delegates who were afraid "Congress", meaning the federal government, would infringe on their handling of state - church issues.

The Establishment Clause was a "hands-off" agreement for the feds not to interfere.

Now, courts have used it as the opposite - the very means of interfering.

SCOTUS "interpreted" the Establishment Clause to mean the EXACT OPPOSITE of what it meant when ratified, and for the first 170 years of its existence.

Amazing, huh?

Do you think those state delegates would have voted for and ratified the First Amendment if they understood it to mean Congress and SCOTUS could control church and state issues in all their states?

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Do you think the state legislatures would have ratified the First Amendment if they understood it to mean Congress and SCOTUS could control church state issues in their state?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

So what happened?

SCOTUS USURPED THE POWER OF THE PEOPLE TO GOVERN THEMSELVES, VIOLATED THEIR OATHS, VIOLATED THE CONSTITUTION,....

This is unassailable fact.

Location hidden

#223199 Apr 5, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Yes Buck but since the body of congress changes as it progresses through time , it is not the same congress 100 years later.
It is the same form of government but not the same congress.
"The term Congress can also refer to a particular meeting of the legislature. A Congress covers two years; the current one, the 113th Congress, began on January 3, 2013, and would end on January 3, 2015. The Congress starts and ends on each third day of January by every two years of the odd number. Members of the Senate are referred to as senators; members of the House of Representatives are referred to as representatives, congressmen, or congresswomen."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Co...
The First Continental Congress was a gathering of representatives from twelve of the thirteen British Colonies in North America.[8] On July 4, 1776, the Second Continental Congress adopted the Declaration of Independence,
Government powerlessness led to the Convention of 1787 which proposed a revised constitution with a two–chamber or bicameral congress.
You lose.
There is only one Congress, as referred to in the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment.

The Bill of Rights did not expire when the next session convened.

Using the term as a meeting of Congress is not the meaning of the term used in the Bill of Rights.

This is an absurd discussion, and I will not address it again.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#223200 Apr 5, 2014
Robert Stevens wrote:
Over 200,000 comments and Atheist can't admit the clear and simple fact, they can NOT prove their faith, therefore as the tread reads the answer is yes. For those that really do believe other wise don't waste your time posting here. Write the book and I'll see you on TV. Either way you'll waste your time because you can't do that either. Can't as in it can not be done. The fact atheist have turned this into a 200,000+ post tread proves they are more faithful than any other group. What makes this tread and others like it so funny is, atheist debate details of God with other, and still claim they don't believe. OK.
Derp

Location hidden

#223201 Apr 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they shouldn't be GIVEN condoms, they should go buy them.
In what way have I been contradictory about that?
It seems like when I say people should but their own condoms, you take it as they shouldn't be using condoms.
What thefuck is wrong with you?
I went to the grocery earlier today and just inside the door there were two little girls handing out a list of items that they wanted for the poor. So I picked up one of everything on the list: Canned tuna and beef stew, toilet paper, paper towels, etc. As I was almost ready to check out, I thought of you and said, "Hmmmm, these are poor people. What would RR do?"

So I went back and picked up two boxes of condoms and added them to the other items.

Location hidden

#223202 Apr 5, 2014
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Preparing for eternity vs strained denial of reality...
Your superiority rests where?
Preparing for eternity?

So you've picked out a casket or urn? Good for you. Thinking ahead.

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#223204 Apr 5, 2014
River Tam wrote:
Preparing for eternity?
So you've picked out a casket or urn? Good for you. Thinking ahead.
Eternity is a long time. Might as well be comfortable.

http://urban-review.com/wp-content/uploads/20...

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#223205 Apr 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears this conversation is beyond your understanding.
Clean your glasses. What you think you see is stuck to them.

Location hidden

#223206 Apr 5, 2014
IPSEC wrote:

He says, "Dad, I'm 18 and haven't kissed a girl yet."
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm proud of him for that. He shows an ability to hold his temptations better than anyone I've ever known.
Of course someone like you would probably be proud of their child having sex at 13.... "Good boy, mini-IPSEC!"
Hey UndersideRedneck,
He just called your kid gay.
If you had read the preceding posts, you would know that.
It appears that this conversation is beyond your understanding.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#223207 Apr 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you lying again. I've explicitly said this, many times:
"all snakes are serpents but not also serpents are snakes"
You always seem to miss the "all snakes are serpents" part.
I say "all snakes are serpents", you turn around and misquote me saying "A snake isn't a serpent".
You got probs, bro.
Everyone except you seems to know that you are a proven lying scumbag.

You area disgrace to humanity and God alike.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#223208 Apr 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a greater liar, more violent and more perverted than most.

Agreed!

Location hidden

#223209 Apr 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That is correct.
Love is conditional.
I don't believe that unconditional love exists.
Apparently not. You certainly learned that lesson well in church.

Location hidden

#223210 Apr 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me an example of human unconditional love and I'll show you why you're wrong.
OK.
There was a fellow just a few days back who jumped onto the train tracks to save his girlfriend and did just that by pushing her out of the train's path. He's dead. The train ran over him.

Make your case.

Location hidden

#223211 Apr 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well no actually, the US Constitution does not prohibit teachers or school officials from promoting religion, it only prohibits Congress from establishing a national religion.
"it only prohibits Congress from establishing a national religion."
No it does not. It does more than that. Can you guess what that may be Einstein?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#223212 Apr 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>RiversideRedneck wrote:

You're learning....
You should try.

Location hidden

#223213 Apr 5, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
It is an oblate spheroid.
You resent me for always being right.
What is the difference between a sphere and a spheroid?
Are all spheres a spheroid?
Are all spheroids a sphere?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min nanoanomaly 793,422
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 2 min NWmoon 221,521
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 7 min Johnny 2,935
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Gods r Delusions ... 567,319
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 16 min Remnant of 144000 39,642
Scientific proof for God's existence 35 min Jac 485
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 39 min Truth of Holy Shrink 607,039
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 56 min bacon hater 97,411
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Pegasus 267,253
More from around the web