Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 254915 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#223065 Apr 4, 2014
tricki wrote:
All atheists should be delighted to graduate to infinite nothingness right now
Well, no. Yo're losing everywhere from Lubbock to Londam.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#223066 Apr 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice backpedal, if I wasn't paying attention. You very clearly said that prayer is disruptive.
You then went on to imply that disruption in public school violates the United States Constitution.
Weird.
innocent children need not be subjected to such filth

pray on your own time, on your own property, pray in silence, do not attempt to indoctrinate children.

in short

keep your filth to yourself

Location hidden

#223067 Apr 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If she chose sex and chose to be irresponsible about it, yes.
But she wasn't "forced" into becoming a mom, she CHOSE to risk it and therefore CHOSE it.
<quoted text>
Absolutely! She shouldn't be having sex in the first place.
<quoted text>
Hell no. That's why he shouldn't be having sex and risking knocking a girl up.
<quoted text>
What?! Hell no. That boy and that girl made their choices. They need to man-up about it, get jobs and take care of their "accident". The grandparents didn't force them to try sex, the grandparents aren't financially responsible.
<quoted text>
Huh? They wouldn't become parents again, their kid's would be.
<quoted text>
I agree. If they're gonna do it, they're gonna do it.
It's their choice if they choose to be responsible about it.
Ever stop to think that actions and choices have consequences? Ever consider that a 13 year old having sex is illegal and immoral?
a childish ignorant attitude from someone who seeks control

you are a sad, vile person, no misfortune you might experience would be worth of empathy.

you are among the most vile persons I have ever met, you are indeed a christian.
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#223068 Apr 5, 2014
Good luck with your plans. I think the difference between the UK and the US is that "the powers that be" recognised that public opposition to same sex marriage had evaporated and just got on with the job of making things equal ASAP. We were able to pull forward the effective date by 3 months because the other side just stopped fighting it.
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
That is awesome (about England, Wales, and Scotland). I'm married to a Brit, and we plan to move back to the UK at some point and then on to France. I will happily trade my US passport for a UK one.
:)

Location hidden

#223069 Apr 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not like all of us did.
My oldest son is nearly 18 and he hasn't done any of the irresponsible things I did. Hell, he hasn't even kissed yet. I've got him more interested in his education rather than getting his dick wet.
My dad raised me wrong, he never discussed the birds and the bees with me, never warned me about pregnancy, never taught me shit about women. When my son was born, I swore to him that I'd do better.
So far, so good.
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Your son sounds gay.
given the treatment from his father, he is unlikely to tell the truth about any of his encounters.

Most likely a Liar, just like good ole dad

but --- if it is true that he is 18 and still "a virgin" then the probability is that he has a sexual identity issue.
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#223070 Apr 5, 2014
Thanks for pulling me up on this one. My Cork friend attended a friend's civil union but she told me they couldn't get the church's nose out of "full marriage". Curtailing church powers is well overdue because their laws are killing women.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/apr/08/...

Meanwhile, up North, this girl (who was anti abortion) was obliged to carry a dead foetus to term.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland...

With regards to the constitution, I'm no expert. The way the story played over here is that the blasphemy law was updated and therefore reinforced in 2009, by which I mean there are many countries with ancient but ignored blasphemy laws. There's a proposal to move from blasphemy to incitement to cause religious hatred model? That's what we've got. I understand the motivation, but it's open to interpretation.
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Erm, the Republic has recognized same-sex civil unions since 2010.
"Civil partnerships in Ireland, granted under the Civil Partnership and Certain Rights and Obligations of Cohabitants Act 2010, give same-sex couples rights and responsibilities similar, but not equal to, those of civil marriage. Recently, there has been growing discussion on the legal recognition of same-sex marriage. This would require an amendment to the Irish Constitution, which is planned to be held in 2015 and which is supported by about 75% of the Irish people according to polls." - Wiki.
Did you catch the Constitutional change for next year (it's a shoo-in)?
And the 75% support?
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#223071 Apr 5, 2014
Oh yes. I posted to haram salami that we are coming the get the child butchers.
They need to change the NHS rules of engagement. If you see someone with a bullet in them, you're obliged to inform the police. If you see a butchered child, the same should apply.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, itÂ’s a start and I do hope that someone will bring a case against religious indoctrination.
Unrelated but have you seen this
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/...

Location hidden

#223072 Apr 5, 2014
tricki wrote:
<quoted text>
Sex should be conducted anytime, anywhere, by anyone, with anyone, for any or no reason, 24/7 without restraints
party at your place?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#223073 Apr 5, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Good luck with your plans. I think the difference between the UK and the US is that "the powers that be" recognised that public opposition to same sex marriage had evaporated and just got on with the job of making things equal ASAP. We were able to pull forward the effective date by 3 months because the other side just stopped fighting it.
<quoted text>
It's happening here too but money makes fast friends. The Christians still have a slim lead in some states.

It's OK. They'll all be Raptured soon and we won't have to worry about them anymore.
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#223074 Apr 5, 2014
Indeed. Gay divorce is going to be quite something, though!

;)
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
God save our gracious queens! I guess Will and Kate aren't the only ones to be having a royal wedding, now.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#223075 Apr 5, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Not EVERY religion.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganymede_%28myth...
You can see why the Ancient Greeks were so accepting, when even their head god did it.
The ancient Greeks normalized pedophilia as did the Romans. Prepubescent boys were passive sex toys for adult males, that is until they started to mature with body hair. Ganymede was raped by Zeus according to your wiki site. Excerpt below.

When painter-architect Baldassare Peruzzi included a panel of The Rape of Ganymede in a ceiling at the Villa Farnesina, Rome,(ca 1509-1514), Ganymede's long blond hair and girlish pose make him identifiable at first glance, though he grasps the eagle's wing without resistance. In Antonio Allegri Correggio's Ganymede Abducted by the Eagle (Vienna) Ganymede's grasp is more intimate. Rubens' version portrays a young man. But when Rembrandt painted the Rape of Ganymede for a Dutch Calvinist patron in 1635, a dark eagle carries aloft a plump cherubic baby (Paintings Gallery, Dresden) who is bawling and urinating in fright

The ancient Greeks were gross sexual barbarians.

Location hidden

#223077 Apr 5, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> The ancient Greeks normalized pedophilia as did the Romans. Prepubescent boys were passive sex toys for adult males, that is until they started to mature with body hair. Ganymede was raped by Zeus according to your wiki site. Excerpt below.
When painter-architect Baldassare Peruzzi included a panel of The Rape of Ganymede in a ceiling at the Villa Farnesina, Rome,(ca 1509-1514), Ganymede's long blond hair and girlish pose make him identifiable at first glance, though he grasps the eagle's wing without resistance. In Antonio Allegri Correggio's Ganymede Abducted by the Eagle (Vienna) Ganymede's grasp is more intimate. Rubens' version portrays a young man. But when Rembrandt painted the Rape of Ganymede for a Dutch Calvinist patron in 1635, a dark eagle carries aloft a plump cherubic baby (Paintings Gallery, Dresden) who is bawling and urinating in fright
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Weren't some of the earliest Tanakh manuscripts found written in Greek?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#223079 Apr 5, 2014
River Tam wrote:
It's OK. They'll all be Raptured soon and we won't have to worry about them anymore.
Scotty, beam me up.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#223080 Apr 5, 2014
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
You misunderstood. Constitutional law as interpreted by the Supreme Court forbids school officials from promoting religion or leading prayers, but it also protects the rights of students to practice their faiths during school hours as long as it doesn't interfere with school activities or impinge on the rights of other students. Disruptive behavior is governed by school policy, the religious rights of the students by constitutional law. Which one applies depends on the situation.
The conversation, then, involves both constitutional law and school policy. There's no "switch," only a view that encompasses both and applies each where appropriate.
"as interpreted by the Supreme Court"

Are you aware of a way to interpret the phrase "Congress shall make no law" to mean "teacher may not lead a prayer"?

We have little recourse against activist courts who subvert the Constitution, violate their oaths, and betray their country.

What pisses me off is the sheepish way people tolerate it. Atheists are fine with the treason of the present subject on church and state. They won't be so chipper if a conservative majority manages to commit the same corruption.

But that's not likely. Liberalism is winning the day, and picking up speed, as they tumble us toward destruction.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#223081 Apr 5, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
It's an oblate spheroid.
Only, if you tell buck that, he'll say it's not that either.
He'll point out that with its mountains and valleys its none of the above, or some other BS.
Buck hates science because it disagrees with what he wishes were true.
It is an oblate spheroid.

You resent me for always being right.

Location hidden

#223082 Apr 5, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Scotty, beam me up.
I wanna watch.

Can I?

:-)

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#223083 Apr 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>That is correct.

Love is conditional.

I don't believe that unconditional love exists.
How very sad for you and worse for your children.

So, is your alleged god's love conditional?

How about the jesus character's love?

Is that conditional as well.

Fookingdumbasstroll.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#223084 Apr 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Wtf? You too?

Please quote me saying anything similar to that.

I double dog dare you.
Are you not aware of your own words and how they come a cross?

Not my problem.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#223085 Apr 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>'Twas a responsible home run....
Yet teens should not be given condoms?

How many times a day do you reckon you contradick yourself?

Ball park figure?

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#223086 Apr 5, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, it's sick. Let the boys inside deal with the scumbag, I've been told exactly HOW.

I would really enjoy teaching the dumb slut mother a lesson.
Yeah, our peddos rarely make it out. Good.

The closest thing in this world even remotely close to sacred, is a child.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Bongo 27,622
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 min Steve 618,122
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 21 min guest 636,832
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 54 min Tony 6,037
the oath...and the end of the u.s. 56 min Belly 19
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 1 hr Ruby88 53,698
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr spinosaurus baryonyx 104,180
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr LAWEST100 44,025
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 3 hr WasteWater 4,707
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr Joe Fortuna 968,644
More from around the web