Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
213,841 - 213,860 of 224,019 Comments Last updated 47 min ago
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2014

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever heard of the “Donner Party?” They were pioneers that headed West via wagon train for California in 1846. Now there was a proven trail to get to California in those days. But the Donner Party decided to go a different route.
They ended up succumbing to starvation and reverted to cannibalism. Now there’s lots of religions these days. But which one is the right religion? It will be the one that has followed the proven route. And will take those travelers that follow the proven route to their desired destination.
Travelers that leave the proven trail are doomed to end up lost. Because many have gone their own route doesn’t mean those who are going down the right trail are lost. It just means those who go their own way are going to be lost without hope. You are also one of those travelers my friend.
You think you are going down the right trail. You swear by it but where will be your final destination? I must inform you that you are utterly lost even though you don’t think so.
The Donner Party (sometimes called the Donner-Reed Party) was a group of American pioneers who set out for California in a wagon train. Delayed by a series of mishaps, they spent the winter of 1846–47 snowbound in the Sierra Nevada. Some of the emigrants resorted to cannibalism to survive, eating those who had succumbed to starvation and sickness.
The journey west usually took between four and six months, but the Donner Party was slowed by following a new route called Hastings Cutoff, which crossed Utah's Wasatch Mountains and Great Salt Lake Desert. The rugged terrain, and difficulties encountered while traveling along the Humboldt River in present-day Nevada, resulted in the loss of many cattle and wagons, and splits within the group.
By the beginning of November 1846 the emigrants had reached the Sierra Nevada, where they became trapped by an early, heavy snowfall near Truckee (now Donner) Lake, high in the mountains. Their food supplies ran low, and in mid-December some of the group set out on foot to obtain help. Rescuers from California attempted to reach the emigrants, but the first relief party did not arrive until the middle of February 1847, almost four months after the wagon train became trapped. Of the 87 members of the party, 48 survived to reach California.
Historians have described the episode as one of the most spectacular tragedies in Californian history and in the record of western migration.[1]
I'm lost because I don't believe in your nonsense? Hardly.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2014

Buck Crick wrote:
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Sure it is. Just look at all the global warming.

Aerobatty wrote:

I have.

You should.

Right. And don't forget the global cooling, too.

And the global status quo.

Science is always right, either way.
Never said science was always right. It's not like it's religion or something.

The term is climate change, and if you can't find evidence of it, it's only because you don't want to.

I'll bet you think trickle down economics is working, too.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2014

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>No difference in a disruption by a prayer than any other disruption.

It can violate school policy against disruption. But it does not violate the Constitution, or anyone's rights.

Two different arguments.
A Christian prayer over the PA in a public school, for example, is a very clear violation of the constitution.

Subjecting people of other faiths or non-faiths to Christian ritual is taxpayer funded support of a particular religion.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2014

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I do.

Creationists accept delusion, as they are indoctrinated in the myth of the creation story as children and find it hard to abandon.
Why are you no longer a Christian?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2014

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Never said science was always right. It's not like it's religion or something.
The term is climate change, and if you can't find evidence of it, it's only because you don't want to.
I'll bet you think trickle down economics is working, too.
"Climate change" is only the term the enviro-nazis opted for after "global warming" because everyone discovered they were lying and there is no global warming.

With the new improved made-up term, they cannot be proven wrong because the climate is always changing.

The whole thing is a fucking hoax to steal your money. Word to the wise.

"Trickle down economics" always works. This is because it is not an economic policy, it is a natural law of economics.

It always works. Has never failed.
IPSEC

Kennedale, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2014

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Science is true whether you believe it or not.”

2. Really?

3. So when medical science years ago believed the way to be healed was to bleed the body, was that true?

4. Back in ancient Greece scientist of the day believed the liver circulated blood.

5. At one time scientist believed the earth was the center of the universe. Up until the late 19 century

6. Doctors didn’t believe in washing their hands before delivering babies.

7. Science has been wrong a lot over that last 300 years.

8. I’m not saying science is bad.

9. I appreciate scientific advances in all science.

10. But your wrong to assume science has been and forever will be flawless.
1. Yep.

2. Yep.

3. Yep. http://www.livescience.com/203-maggots-leeche...

4. And that was corrected. That is the beauty of science. It corrects. Your immoral dogma gets grabbed, kicking and screaming, and dragged into modernity by changes in science and society but it never self corrects. Besides, you idiots still think the heart is the emotional center of the body and not a mere pump stimulated by the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems and ultimately, the brain, you also still prattle on about non-evidential souls.

5. Uh, that was the Church, Lerch, based on your Booble. Heaven forbid if that orthodoxy was challenged. Death and dismemberment soon followed. Why must you lie?

6. And science corrected that, not your dirty book.

7. And it is corrective. Your immoral dogma is always wrong and has to be forced to change.

8. You just did in so many ways. Backpedalling will not change that.

9. No, you don't. You spent this post maligning science.

10. Perhaps you should work on homonyms before treading into more advanced waters. Aero batty never made the claim that "science has been and forever will be flawless". Creating a strawman logical fallacy is nothing more than lying. When you have to lie for Dear Leaser all you do is prove that Dear Leader is nothing but a figment of your addled imagination.

You sure can bloviate, preacher, wasting many pixels on nothing but hot air, lies, and non-evidential assertions. You're doing this religion thing wrong. You're supposed to be selling it, not giving it away for free. You are full of just enough BS that you could line those tax free coffers with the blood, seat, and money of your fellow delusionists.
IPSEC

Kennedale, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2014

Judged:

number four wrote:
<quoted text>....You write rationally enough ....
But , your naivete ...needs to be addressed ...
I won't address STD's .....but , rather unfaithfulness .....just sex ...
but ..it really destroys families ...I think ( just sex ) holds more power , than we actually dare admit ..
Naivité? Oh, spare me. There is nothing immoral about consensual sex. Jealousy breaks up families. Those families has no foundation to begin with if infidelity is possible. I admitted in my post that sexuality was very powerful, which is why regions want to control it so they can keep the tithes coming. Your reading comprehension is terrible.
IPSEC

Kennedale, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2014

Judged:

number four wrote:
<quoted text>..JUST ..SHUT UP..YOU ...!
sorry , about that ....you're totally correct ...And , our only redoubt ....is to blame the Devil ...
....And ..we know that makes us sound lame ....
In fact before " Roe vs Wade " ...We Christians would brutally assault each others beliefs ....then , roe vs wade ....
Oh ..FUCK..!!....We really dropped the ball ....We , still don't agree with each other ; but we need a united front , and so we play nice ....you freethinkers gave us a thumpin'....!
Is there a medication you should be taking? You delusionists have plenty of wedge issues to whine about.

“Imaginez tous les gens”

Since: Sep 09

Sunbury, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2014

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a great design? You're an idiot.
If you think the human body is a "great design" then YOU are the idiot :)
Unless you think cancers, deformities, disease, etc....is a GREAT design?
smh
IPSEC

Kennedale, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2014

Judged:

number four wrote:
<quoted text>..you write self worship .....almost...like selfishness ...??
But , religions are so charitable ....food kitchens and such ...
Religions are the most inefficient charities with only 1 or 2% of funds ever reaching charity. They are a tax-free leach on Society and never offer a free lunch without strings. Ergo, they are only charitable to themselves and to enriched the charlatans that profit from them.
IPSEC

Kennedale, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2014

Judged:

number four wrote:
<quoted text>...Oh , my gosh ...you're not this daft ...
are you playing dumb ..so , that the boys will like you ....?
Most people are Christians ...it like saying " In the U.K. most inmates are English " ..no duh ..
point two ...Atheism is frowned upon ...by , parole boards .....You got to tell them you have found God ....who , cares if it true ....you need every advantage you can get ...
..this is why atheists are underrepresented ...they , lie ....and you can't fault them ...
Nope. Your protestation has been refuted a trillion times. Christians are over represented, even when adjusted for lying, and atheists are underrepresented.

It's not parole board polling that supports this fact. Christianity is an immoral dogma that creates inferiority, dishonesty, and criminality. It's in the book.
IPSEC

Kennedale, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2014

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
A Florida 5-year-old was reportedly told by a lunchroom employee at her school that praying before eating was a no-no - and now her irate father has opted to take her out of school lest she be deprived of her religious freedom. CBS reports that her father, Marcos Perez, has summoned the legal prowess of the conservative Liberty Institute to demand the school change its ways:
by Dain Fitzgerald
Staff Writer
Bull. Schools don't restrict prayer they are just not allowed to lead it. Fitzgerald is not an honest journalist. I notice you didn't cite the source. Lying for Dear Leader, again.
IPSEC

Kennedale, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2014

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
That school lunch employee should be disciplined for suppressing the religious rights of this child.
Yeah, sure. It didn't happen.
IPSEC

Kennedale, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2014

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Flat earthers are maritime & flight navigators that still use flat maps and gps which is displayed on “flat” screens.
Because flat earthers (navigators) use flat maps and flat screens. They shouldn’t be denied equal time with NASA or any other entity.
Good luck on using a spherical navigation system in your vehicle.
This might be the most stupid thing you have written out of all the stupid things. GPS coordinates are based on this ovoid sphere we call Earth. Rendering it in two dimensions does not make the Earth flat. Wow. Just wow. You're writing just for reaction, I hope, because I don't believe people can be that stupid. Wait, you are a Christian. Never mind.
IPSEC

Kennedale, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2014

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Was she praying out loud?
It's still okay and not illegal to pray in school. It is illegal for schools to lead prayer. Don't fall into his nonsense trap.
IPSEC

Kennedale, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2014

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
That school lunch employee should be disciplined for suppressing the religious rights of this child.
A lunch employee is a contractor, not a state employee.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2014

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I do.
Creationists accept delusion, as they are indoctrinated in the myth of the creation story as children and find it hard to abandon.
A valid response, I thank you

Does the same apply for IDers?

Or do you have a completely different take on the indoctrination of ID?
IPSEC

Kennedale, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2014

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a couple corrections to many idiotic claims you make.
The very first verse noted the Big Bang, a beginning point for the universe, 5,000 years before atheists caught up.
The very first chapter noted life coming from the earth and beginning in a genderless form.
This info was recorded by Moses as dictated by the Alien visitor who prophecied a band of former slaves would survive no matter what and become the greatest culture on earth.
Does that answer your question?
Smile.
This is as silly as those that claim Nostradamus or any other prophecy was right. Trying to fit what we know now into the nonsense in your dirty little book.
IPSEC

Kennedale, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2014

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no constitutional prohibition of teachers leading prayers.
If you can show it to me, or any basis for it, I will mail you a cashiers check for $10,000.00.
That's a ridiculous statement as this has already been established by the courts, which are a function described by the Constitution. You can weasel word all you want.
IPSEC

Kennedale, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2014

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
It makes no difference.
Nobody has any constitutional right to not hear a prayer.
Who claimed they did? You're a weirdo.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

407 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 4 min kamali 62
Last Word + 2 5 min Richies Cool Man Diary 21
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min marge 532,434
truth is out 10 min andet1987 5
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Joyful8118 720,204
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 14 min Insults Are Easier 256,381
Which one sounds the nastiest of all ? 23 min andet1987 0
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Le_le 172,263
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 7 hr John 53
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••