Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255885 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#222971 Apr 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Perfect? Who said anything about them being perfect? I was talking about them knocking up a girl, not being perfect.
I also said nothing about tossing them aside or alienating them, I said I've warned them that if they do get a girl knocked up, they are financially responsible, not me.
Maybe you should re-read my post, I won't be dragged into another conversation of what I didn't say.
If you say so Dad.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#222972 Apr 4, 2014
O G Bush wrote:
<quoted text>
Ms. Buck Crick provides comedy relief for the thread only.
I have yet to see anything posted by this individual that warrants any attention whatever.
But, I do find her remarks at times quite funny and, it makes my day to have a good laugh.
"You don't talk about the spherical earth with NASA and then say let's give equal time to the flat earthers."
Neil Degrasse Tyson...
astrophysicist - after creationist groups demanded airtime on his new space science program, Cosmos
Perhaps someone should tell Mr. Tyson - the earth is not a sphere.

Location hidden

#222973 Apr 4, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh huh. And has his research been published in a legitimate science journal and peer reviewed?
That's funny.

Was Al Gore's award-winning scientific movie peer-reviewed?

While it was being required viewing for many American university students, it was being banned in other countries because it was filled with so many lies.

How about the fake hockey-stick global warming graph? Was that peer-reviewed?

You don't understand. This subject has nothing to do with science or peer-review.

It is public relations for a political movement. The goal is to steal money.

You deserve to have it stolen.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#222974 Apr 4, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny.
Was Al Gore's award-winning scientific movie peer-reviewed?
While it was being required viewing for many American university students, it was being banned in other countries because it was filled with so many lies.
How about the fake hockey-stick global warming graph? Was that peer-reviewed?
You don't understand. This subject has nothing to do with science or peer-review.
It is public relations for a political movement. The goal is to steal money.
You deserve to have it stolen.
So in a word, no.

Location hidden

#222975 Apr 4, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it means whatever the Court says it means until the Court says something different.
Then it doesn't mean anything.\

Sorry. I reject the notion that such a well-conceived document ratified by the people of the nation, and responsible for the protection of rights of every citizen,...

....means nothing. Nope, don't buy it.

You see, what you are foolishly advocating is a nation of men, not laws. We have a very important founding principle - men are not governed by other men without their consent.

Why do you want to be ruled by 9 lawyers in black robes? The rest of us never consented to that. If the Constitution means whatever they say it means, then you accept such rule.

That is anti-American.

Location hidden

#222976 Apr 4, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
So in a word, no.
Was the data hidden by the IPCC scientists which refuted global warming peer reviewed?

One word will suffice.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#222977 Apr 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>There was no angry tirade, you can't anger me.

No apology as it is unwarranted.
You're a little man.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#222978 Apr 4, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>You don't say?

If I ever decide to commit suicide, I'll jump from atop your ego and fall to your IQ.

You have not the slightest interest or aptitude for science, and I know with absolute certainty that you couldn't care less about the facts of such things.

You are a religious fanatic. All that matters to you is the apologia of your religious materialism. You will flout the truth at any turn to defend your orthodoxy.

You are material scientism's Joan Of Arc.

I am embarrassed for ever taking you seriously.
You are describing yourself remarkably well.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#222979 Apr 4, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Please direct me to the portion of the Constitution violated.

I have studied every sentence therein, and find nothing violated by saying a prayer over the PA system of a public school.

I can't wait for you to show me the passage I missed.
Tell you what.

Hold your breath while you wait.

Location hidden

#222980 Apr 4, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
So in a word, no.
Was this scientific study peer-reviewed?

One word will suffice.

GLOBAL WARMING SCIENTISTS TRAPPED IN ANTARCTIC ICE

"...a group of global warming scientists are trapped in the Antarctic ice. If you missed the irony of that situation, it is because much of the mainstream media has glossed over that rather inconvenient bit of hilarity. As an example here is an Associated Press story that avoids mentioning the real mission of the scientists aboard the icebound Russian ship..."

Also, the ice-breaker ship that came to rescue them got stuck. The ice was much thicker and more expansive than usual for the time of year. But I bet you didn't hear about this on the evening news. Why is that?

Bwahahahahahhahah....

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#222981 Apr 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Since there is no violation of the Constitution, the conversation has switched over to violation of school policy, specifically disruptive conduct in class.
You just did it again.

Hypocrite.

Location hidden

#222982 Apr 4, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell you what.
Hold your breath while you wait.
I would be waiting a long time, since there is none.

Now you understand that a prayer said over a PA system in a public school violates nothing in the U.S. Constitution.

It would violate the old USSR constitution, if there still was a USSR, and if we were there.

But nothing in the U.S. version.

Do you ever wonder why so many atheists are under the false impression that there is such a provision in the Constitution?

Religious indoctrination? Atheists would like to live in the USSR? Atheists are just stupid?

Maybe you have the answer.

San Francisco

#222983 Apr 4, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Then it doesn't mean anything.\
No, it means that different justices interpret the constitution differently. Study the history of the court; they have changed their minds many times over many parts of the Constitution.

San Francisco

#222984 Apr 4, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
One word will suffice.
"...a group of global warming scientists are trapped in the Antarctic ice. If you missed the irony of that situation, it is because much of the mainstream media has glossed over that rather inconvenient bit of hilarity. As an example here is an Associated Press story that avoids mentioning the real mission of the scientists aboard the icebound Russian ship..."
Also, the ice-breaker ship that came to rescue them got stuck. The ice was much thicker and more expansive than usual for the time of year. But I bet you didn't hear about this on the evening news. Why is that?
Bwahahahahahhahah....
So like I said, no.

I got it. Thanks for sharing.

Location hidden

#222985 Apr 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I want that kid to keep his dick in his pants, finish school, get a job or go to college, THEN pump his sperm into a gal.
That's real interesting since you just got through denying that you preach abstinence and insisted that you "promote responsible sex".
<rolls eyes>

Location hidden

#222986 Apr 4, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Definition of sphere (n)

sphere
[ sfeer ]

1.globe: an object similar in shape to a ball
2.three-dimensional surface: a three-dimensional closed surface consisting of all points that are a given distance from a center
3.round solid figure: the solid figure bounded by a sphere, or the volume it encloses

synonyms: ball · globe · bubble · orb

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

What is the Earth then if not a sphere?

Location hidden

#222987 Apr 4, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
One word will suffice.
Bwahahahahahhahah....
"But I bet you didn't hear about this on the evening news. Why is that?"

Just a guess mind you, but, uh, because the uh, I mean, that uh, the information was, uh, frozen?
IPSEC

Arlington, TX

#222988 Apr 4, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Numbnutz, an oblate sphere is a sphere like a right triangle is a triangle.
IPSEC

Arlington, TX

#222989 Apr 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
When the five-year-old is smarter than the adults, sure.
Were you in a room full of five year olds that would certainly be the case.
IPSEC

Arlington, TX

#222990 Apr 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not like all of us did.
My oldest son is nearly 18 and he hasn't done any of the irresponsible things I did. Hell, he hasn't even kissed yet. I've got him more interested in his education rather than getting his dick wet.
My dad raised me wrong, he never discussed the birds and the bees with me, never warned me about pregnancy, never taught me shit about women. When my son was born, I swore to him that I'd do better.
So far, so good.
Your son sounds gay.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 4 min ImFree2Choose 2,285
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 23 min Regina 649,750
How could ANYONE have SEX with a MAN ! 31 min Homophobe 1
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 35 min Rider on the Storm 55,864
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr stockton CA 281,470
What do u think of Jesus Christ?(God) (Oct '06) 3 hr HE LIVES 70,224
Rotherham sheff doncaster sex 4 hr Hussain 1
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 20 hr Noname 69
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) Fri Hangman 972,378
More from around the web