Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#222405 Mar 31, 2014
wilderide wrote:
None, now.
:)
I've never had rights that you and I didn't equally share.

If you can think of any, I'll gladly entertain the idea

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#222406 Mar 31, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but (obviously) it does mean that any woman who can't have children is automatically doomed.
No, it doesn't mean that at all.

You've chosen willful ignorance. Here's a cookie.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#222407 Mar 31, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
That is awesome (about England, Wales, and Scotland). I'm married to a Brit, and we plan to move back to the UK at some point and then on to France. I will happily trade my US passport for a UK one.
Good. Git. Yer kind ain't welcome here no more.

>:)

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#222409 Mar 31, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Good. Git. Yer kind ain't welcome here no more.
>:)
LOL. I'm perfectly welcome here. Doesn't mean I plan to stay forever tho.

San Francisco

#222410 Mar 31, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it doesn't mean that at all.
You've chosen willful ignorance. Here's a cookie.
According to Paul, can a childless woman be saved or not? And do you agree with Paul or not?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#222411 Mar 31, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. I'm perfectly welcome here. Doesn't mean I plan to stay forever tho.
Ya but, England? France?

Really?!

San Francisco

#222413 Mar 31, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya but, England? France?
Really?!
Ya, really. Of course the south of France has the advantage of weather over England, but culturally I click with the UK more. Can't have everything. But IMHO I prefer either over living in the US. Not that the US is the worst place to live, especially not California. Well, except maybe for central CA and the hideous Inland Empire. ;)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#222414 Mar 31, 2014
wilderide wrote:
Ya, really. Of course the south of France has the advantage of weather over England, but culturally I click with the UK more. Can't have everything. But IMHO I prefer either over living in the US. Not that the US is the worst place to live, especially not California. Well, except maybe for central CA and the hideous Inland Empire. ;)
Eh. You can have it. The weather is better here, the roads are less congested, kids have more respect, wages are higher and the people are more polite.

Also, we have dentists.

And, you can't buy a gun there so how will you shoot the anti-abortionists?
OG Kush

Mount Dora, FL

#222415 Mar 31, 2014
"You don't talk about the spherical earth with NASA and then say let's give equal time to the flat earthers."

Neil Degrasse Tyson...
astrophysicist - after creationist groups demanded airtime on his new space science program, Cosmos

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#222416 Mar 31, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>You must've missed the part of my post where I wrote:

-"god" is generic and could mean any god.-

Must've...
No one actually cares what you say, your sole function is to show the public what christian brain damage looks like.

Great work :-)

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#222417 Mar 31, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Gay marriages began all across England and Wales at the weekend. Scotland will follow within months. If a gay couple already has a civil partnership, they can trade it up for a full marriage certificate or they can get married again if they prefer.
But Northern Ireland? They're as bigoted as the rest of Ireland. No foreseeable progress there, I'm afraid.
<quoted text>
Erm, the Republic has recognized same-sex civil unions since 2010.

"Civil partnerships in Ireland, granted under the Civil Partnership and Certain Rights and Obligations of Cohabitants Act 2010, give same-sex couples rights and responsibilities similar, but not equal to, those of civil marriage. Recently, there has been growing discussion on the legal recognition of same-sex marriage. This would require an amendment to the Irish Constitution, which is planned to be held in 2015 and which is supported by about 75% of the Irish people according to polls." - Wiki.

Did you catch the Constitutional change for next year (it's a shoo-in)?

And the 75% support?

The Borderland of Sol

#222418 Mar 31, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
None, now.
Hehehe.

That rates a "KABONNG!"

The Borderland of Sol

#222419 Mar 31, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't lookit me. I'm planning to move back to Western Ireland in the next 12 months.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#222420 Mar 31, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhm - yes I did.....here it is again.....
"New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
If you don't mind other poster's opinions....here is mine:
I use the facts based upon archeological finds and literary scholars to come to the conclusion that what is read today IS NOT what was intended."
If that isn't a standard, then you will have to clearly define what you mean by moral standard and how it is acquired by an individual.
Morals evolve to protect the species. Religion is out of fear of the unknown.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#222421 Mar 31, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>No one actually cares what you say, your sole function is to show the public what christian brain damage looks like.

Great work :-)
He IS good at that, isn't he.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#222423 Mar 31, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but (obviously) it does mean that any woman who can't have children is automatically doomed.
Obviously you don’t know what it says or your deliberately misinterpreting the scripture. Which is par for the course for Atheist.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#222424 Mar 31, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
1 Timothy 2:15
AMP

Nevertheless [the sentence put upon women of pain in motherhood does not hinder their souls’ salvation, and] they will be saved [eternally] if they continue in faith and love and holiness with self-control,[saved indeed][a]through the Childbearing or by the birth of the divine Child.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#222425 Mar 31, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
That is awesome (about England, Wales, and Scotland). I'm married to a Brit, and we plan to move back to the UK at some point and then on to France. I will happily trade my US passport for a UK one.
We will always have the Brits to thank for our National Anthem.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#222426 Mar 31, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you don’t know what it says or your deliberately misinterpreting the scripture. Which is par for the course for Atheist.

01Apr14....Good to see that you still pack-a-punch towards these hAtheists.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#222427 Mar 31, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay people do have an agenda: to be treated equally before the law. Horrible, isn't it?
..They lie ...they , want the tax credits , given to fruitful heterosexual unions ....who , actually make our Nation vibrant .....

..fake marriages ...are , tax dodgers ....plain and simple ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 5 min Johnny 1,017
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 min truth 605,018
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min pusherman_ 775,295
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 min Clearwater 175,635
bless the jews (Nov '08) 35 min happy blessed se... 7,058
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 38 min Tony17 559,502
Zekeriyaköy ( General Electric Servisi ) 2O2 8O... 45 min gnelectric 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr who 265,147
More from around the web