Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 254885 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#222734 Apr 3, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
A Florida 5-year-old was reportedly told by a lunchroom employee at her school that praying before eating was a no-no - and now her irate father has opted to take her out of school lest she be deprived of her religious freedom. CBS reports that her father, Marcos Perez, has summoned the legal prowess of the conservative Liberty Institute to demand the school change its ways:
by Dain Fitzgerald
Staff Writer
Bull. Schools don't restrict prayer they are just not allowed to lead it. Fitzgerald is not an honest journalist. I notice you didn't cite the source. Lying for Dear Leader, again.
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#222735 Apr 3, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
That school lunch employee should be disciplined for suppressing the religious rights of this child.
Yeah, sure. It didn't happen.
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#222736 Apr 3, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Flat earthers are maritime & flight navigators that still use flat maps and gps which is displayed on “flat” screens.
Because flat earthers (navigators) use flat maps and flat screens. They shouldn’t be denied equal time with NASA or any other entity.
Good luck on using a spherical navigation system in your vehicle.
This might be the most stupid thing you have written out of all the stupid things. GPS coordinates are based on this ovoid sphere we call Earth. Rendering it in two dimensions does not make the Earth flat. Wow. Just wow. You're writing just for reaction, I hope, because I don't believe people can be that stupid. Wait, you are a Christian. Never mind.
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#222737 Apr 3, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Was she praying out loud?
It's still okay and not illegal to pray in school. It is illegal for schools to lead prayer. Don't fall into his nonsense trap.
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#222738 Apr 3, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
That school lunch employee should be disciplined for suppressing the religious rights of this child.
A lunch employee is a contractor, not a state employee.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#222739 Apr 3, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I do.
Creationists accept delusion, as they are indoctrinated in the myth of the creation story as children and find it hard to abandon.
A valid response, I thank you

Does the same apply for IDers?

Or do you have a completely different take on the indoctrination of ID?
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#222740 Apr 3, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a couple corrections to many idiotic claims you make.
The very first verse noted the Big Bang, a beginning point for the universe, 5,000 years before atheists caught up.
The very first chapter noted life coming from the earth and beginning in a genderless form.
This info was recorded by Moses as dictated by the Alien visitor who prophecied a band of former slaves would survive no matter what and become the greatest culture on earth.
Does that answer your question?
Smile.
This is as silly as those that claim Nostradamus or any other prophecy was right. Trying to fit what we know now into the nonsense in your dirty little book.
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#222741 Apr 3, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no constitutional prohibition of teachers leading prayers.
If you can show it to me, or any basis for it, I will mail you a cashiers check for $10,000.00.
That's a ridiculous statement as this has already been established by the courts, which are a function described by the Constitution. You can weasel word all you want.
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#222742 Apr 3, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
It makes no difference.
Nobody has any constitutional right to not hear a prayer.
Who claimed they did? You're a weirdo.
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#222743 Apr 3, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure it is. Just look at all the global warming.
We are, but the corporate fascists are buying a handful of scientists and most politicians to keep their short-sighted money grab going.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#222744 Apr 3, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you no longer a Christian?
Couple of reasons.

I could no longer intellectually accept the story of inherited sin, hell, and being rescued from the imagined guilt of it at the expense of someone else. And I learned that the Bible was largely a product of the Roman Catholic Church.

From a more personal standpoint, when I was at my lowest point in life, Christians who I thought were my friends lined up to cast the first stone. And cast they did.

I was less to them than a total stranger. I would not treat my dog the way I was treated. If that's Jesus in them, I want no part of the man.
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#222745 Apr 3, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a great design? You're an idiot.
The head is too large for the pelvis, which, until modern medicine was developed, let to epidemic levels of maternal and natal death. Besides, it's not a design.
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#222746 Apr 3, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends on the prayer and whether it's a public school.
There is definite precedent prohibiting teachers in public schools from leading prayers of any particular sect.
He weasel worded his statement as an out.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#222747 Apr 3, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
A valid response, I thank you
Does the same apply for IDers?
Or do you have a completely different take on the indoctrination of ID?
ID is the pursuit of valid science. It rises or falls on the science.

Nobody should be against that.

Incidentally, the largest creationist organizations vehemently oppose ID.
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#222748 Apr 3, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>....It's not equal to real marriage ....
Look , if homosexuals stopped forming unions today ...big whup ..
If , heterosexuals stopped forming unions .....civilization would perish ..
What is at the core of real marriage ...Is , it that you want the very best for your spouse ..
.......( I realize this is purely ...theistic ).....
This means the very best , you could hope to do for your spouse ..is , the salvation of their souls ..
Men and Women ...are created for each other ...this , is just plain to see ...
and , finally ....yes , I do have a sister .....and , shes all yours ...I'm driving her to the bus station ..right now ...!!
Civilization would perish? Haha. Provide evidence for that assertion. We weren't created. Provide evidence for that assertion. Sexuality is on a sliding scale from 100% heterosexual to 100% homosexual. If you need further proof, hermaphrodites. Every fetus begins sexual development as a female and only the androgens available in the womb decide sexual organ development which can develop in the opposite direction of the brain.
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#222749 Apr 3, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>....THE " LOVE " OF MONEY ....Why , does everybody get ' this ' wrong ...?!
Men have crippling disease .....so , that we can clearly eyed ..behold ....God has really blest us ...
Haha. Crippling disease is evidence of a loving god? Wow. Just wow. Stockholm syndrome personified.
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#222750 Apr 3, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Sure it is. Just look at all the global warming.
Aerobatty wrote:
I have.
You should.
Your dishonesty is legion.
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#222751 Apr 3, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Your low comprehension will not allow you to distinguish between design that is intelligent, and design that is impervious to damage.
I won't bother explaining it to you. You seem happy in your ignorance.
You can't point to anything that is not designed so the designation designed is not falsifiable and therefore meaningless.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#222752 Apr 3, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>"Climate change" is only the term the enviro-nazis opted for after "global warming" because everyone discovered they were lying and there is no global warming.

With the new improved made-up term, they cannot be proven wrong because the climate is always changing.

The whole thing is a fucking hoax to steal your money. Word to the wise.

"Trickle down economics" always works. This is because it is not an economic policy, it is a natural law of economics.

It always works. Has never failed.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Oh.

You were being serious.
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#222753 Apr 3, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter. There is no constitutional barrier to any prayer in any public school.
You swerved into the truth - that there is court precedent.
But the court precedent is not based on the Constitution.
It's politically-based.
Which means we have no Constitution, as far as the courts are concerned.
See, weasel words. The Constitution is politically based, nitwit.

You dishonesty is palpable.

It is not political for a Christian to expect not to be exposed to Muslim prayer in a secular school. It is common sense, something not so common among you delusionists.

Have you read the study that proves climate change denial it's who don't directly profit from it are usually conspiracy nuts? This post of yours bolsters that study.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 min LAWEST100 618,147
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min VIKING 968,714
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 16 min truth 44,112
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 38 min Card Carrying Zio... 181,895
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 58 min truth 637,235
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 58 min MUQ2 28,361
ex wives of PTSD veterans (Mar '12) 1 hr Divine mother 31
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 5 hr truth 37,988
More from around the web