Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 20 comments on the Jul 18, 2009, Webbunny tumblelog story titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#222431 Mar 31, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
"God" and its variants is the Germanic word for a deity. Wodan is the Angla-Saxon (Germanic) Head God.
Therefore proves that "God" is Wodan.
You believe in Wodan. End of story.
...look , you little piece..of ( bleep )...don't bring in your little "facts" ...

to scuttle our argument ...

mayhaps ...God , doesn't like being called ' Wodan '......hmmm..??.....

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#222432 Mar 31, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
We will always have the Brits to thank for our National Anthem.
... And the Canaanites for your religion.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#222434 Mar 31, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Don’t know much about atheists do you
Here I suggest you look up the definition here
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/atheis...
or here
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ath...
Please note, there is no god to reject
Please note, The choice is yours, you can do what you want with your carnal desires and if that included masturbating to the babble then so be it
Please note, Again the choice is yours, if your think your god did not want you to advance yourself in this world then you have a serious problems but it does explain why godbots resent advancement.
Please note, what hell to reject? Several babbles do not even mention hell, particularly the older (more original) ones. It is a fairly modern christian scare tactic because that cannot get their “followers” by normal means of discussion
..okay ...you actually went out of your way ..to school me ...thank-you ..smile emoticon ...

I don't say....." AmeriKKKa ...should try and reconsider its foreign policy ..."

and , then pretend ...oh , that's not an attack....I had , a public education ...I just don't spell that good ...

I'm , just surprised ...God and the Bible ; are mere myth .......and , yet you feel you have to spell it ....AmeriKKKa ...( buybull..babble )...obviously , you are lashing out .....at , a mere myth ..?!?

sorry , I just don't buy it ....

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#222435 Mar 31, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>He IS good at that, isn't he.
He sure is.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#222436 Mar 31, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>... And the Canaanites for your religion.
Hahaha!! Brilliant.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#222437 Apr 1, 2014
Thinking wrote:
I agree, but I think it's a start to move the debate from just neglect to include emotional mindfuckery.
<quoted text>
Yes, it’s a start and I do hope that someone will bring a case against religious indoctrination.

Unrelated but have you seen this
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/...

#222438 Apr 1, 2014
Scrooge is a Liar wrote:
<quoted text>
Which atheist meeting did you learn this lie from?
None, I learned that when I still went to church, certainly the latter part is WRITTEN in the babble but feel free to ignore it, it’s what godbots are good at, ignoring the bits if babble that don’t agree with their wet dreams.

As for the god bit try any academic paper on the origins of the word god, hell even most dictionaries will give you the basics. Or if you find actual research to painful try googling “origins of the word god”, I am almost sure you are capable of that.

You see it’s called truth. That’s real truth which is factual, not christian “Truth” that is interpreted to mean, it sounds like I should believe it so it must be true.

And the way you too can learn real truth, real facts is by educating yourself

#222439 Apr 1, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...look , don't be upset ....
"you" post ..Why..&..Where...
I'm , currently in the federal witness protection program .....I just , got a little defensive ...
...can , " you ' blame me ..??
Upset? Your wet dreams are staining you trousers

I was responding to a post, a fact that seems to have zoomed right across you field of intellect without making any impression

Who give a damn what you got yourself into, you can only blame yourself unless of course you want to blame your god.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#222440 Apr 1, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it’s a start and I do hope that someone will bring a case against religious indoctrination.
Unrelated but have you seen this
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/...
That's sounds idiotic, it says he repaired a previous mutilation thereby committed FGM .
Sounds like he got in trouble for doing cosmetic repair surgery.

#222441 Apr 1, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..okay ...you actually went out of your way ..to school me ...thank-you ..smile emoticon ...
I don't say....." AmeriKKKa ...should try and reconsider its foreign policy ..."
and , then pretend ...oh , that's not an attack....I had , a public education ...I just don't spell that good ...
I'm , just surprised ...God and the Bible ; are mere myth .......and , yet you feel you have to spell it ....AmeriKKKa ...( buybull..babble )...obviously , you are lashing out .....at , a mere myth ..?!?
sorry , I just don't buy it ....
You are welcome to buy whatever you want, it will make no difference to your ignorant and ill informed loathing of atheism. If you feel you need to spread such lies and abhorrence because you want to believe in a god then don’t be surprised when those you show hatred to respond in kind.

As to lashing out, how? You are the one who spelled “AmeriKKKa” I never even mentioned it. So why do you associate christian scare tactics with America?

When you can come up with any evidence for the existence of any god then he/she/it will rise above the realms of myth. Until then the entire history of human civilisation identifies all gods (except yours of course –(note that little bit of sarcasm)) as myth

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#222443 Apr 1, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay people do have an agenda: to be treated equally before the law. Horrible, isn't it?
You should get out more.

"In May, 2004, the NGLTF (National Lesbian and Gay Task Force) announced a new alliance with the Woodhull Freedom Foundation (WFF), a sexual liberation group that seeks to abolish laws against prostitution; overturn “age of consent” laws protecting children from adult sexual predators; and seeks to legalize homosexual sodomy in public restrooms and
parks. The WFF also seeks to ban all abstinence-only sex education materials in our nation’s public schools."

Location hidden

#222444 Apr 1, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Outdated rhetoric?
Excuse me, lovey, I am not as tied to fashionable thinking and rhetoric as you are. I kinda learned to think for myself a long time ago. With it goes the terms, etc. The difference between understanding things and and just regurgitating words.
BTW, you have some alphabet soup or something stuck on your chest there. Here's a napkin.
:-)
Have fun playing your role, dear.
Hi, Dave. Good to hear from you.

A few new facts shared with us by Atheos Topicanix since you were here:

1. The Pope is an atheist.(Christine)

2. Stalin was not an atheist.(Christine)

3. All people are atheists.(Wilderide)

4. The National Gay and Lesbian Task Force has no agenda.(Wilderide)

5. "Equal Rights" means abolishing age-of-consent laws so gay men can have sex with little boys.(Wilderide)

That's about it. Oh,...dinosaurs had no DNA.(Blue Baboon)

Location hidden

#222445 Apr 1, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
This is true and as I have provided to buck but buck on the other hand his ego to contend with and denies this rather believing that all christians believe as he does.
No, you claimed the Church and the Pope accept Darwinism, not the much simpler proposition that evolution occurs.

Then, instead of admitting you were mistaken, you have spent weeks trying to defend the claim that they accept Darwinism, which is a materialist proposition.

The Pope and the Church are not materialists or atheists.

They would have to be so for your claim to be correct.

So, in essence, you are claiming the Pope and the Catholic Church are atheist.

And thus I mock you.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#222446 Apr 1, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm actually one of the least confused among us!
you're jewish (lol)- what do you think the law says about homosexuality?;-)
I'm not Jewish. Never have been. I was baptized a Christian as an infant.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#222447 Apr 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I have more than a high school education.
You dropped out of high school, never got your GED and couldn't handle college.

Those are from your own posts. Were those all lies, like most of your posts ?

Location hidden

#222448 Apr 1, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry buddy, satanism is as much god worship as christianity
Perhaps you have not considered the actual meaning of the word atheism
You are a moron.

"Dialectical and Historical Materialism" by Joseph Stalin

Stalin's philosophy held that there is no god. He was an atheist.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#222449 Apr 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That doesn'tmean that any woman who has a child is automatically saved because of that child.
Do you want to know what it means or do you want to remain ignorant about it? Your choice.
Go ahead!

Nothing will stop you from posting your Bible Babble BS anyway.

#222450 Apr 1, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you claimed the Church and the Pope accept Darwinism, not the much simpler proposition that evolution occurs.
Then, instead of admitting you were mistaken, you have spent weeks trying to defend the claim that they accept Darwinism, which is a materialist proposition.
The Pope and the Church are not materialists or atheists.
They would have to be so for your claim to be correct.
So, in essence, you are claiming the Pope and the Catholic Church are atheist.
And thus I mock you.
I cited 3 – that’s THREE – T – H – R – E – E - popes that accept evolution and supplied links to letters they had written proving this.

You are the one with the social Darwinism fetish, don’t blame me for your word games.

And then you had to lie that I claimed the pope was atheist, and despite the REPEATED request for evidence the only way you could save face was to continue the lie and ignore those requests.

And now after several weeks of your bare faced lying you have changed your plea from “ChristineMc^2 says the pope is atheist” to “in essence, you are claiming the Pope and the Catholic Church are atheist.”

And you have the gall to mock me?

You must be a godbot of the highest order and considering the mockery that godbots vomit as a matter of course, being ranked above the rest takes a special and profound degree of mockery.

Hell this is almost as groundbreaking buskism as when you claimed that youtube was evidence of god

#222451 Apr 1, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a moron.
"Dialectical and Historical Materialism" by Joseph Stalin
Stalin's philosophy held that there is no god. He was an atheist.
I though you said you were bottling out of this Stalin/religion argument? So we have another buck lie

The discussion was satanism, not Stalin and not buck word games.

If you can’t keep up then you have problems.

But you want to counter a life and considerable incontrovertible evidence with a few years, nationalism and hearsay then go for it, it’s what you have been doing for a couple of weeks now and getting nowhere.

I have read Dialectical and Historical Materialism and I remember nowhere that said “I am atheist” or similar.

And as I remember the only reference to god was by someone else.

Just looked up a transcription and could find no reference to you claims.

Location hidden

#222454 Apr 1, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I cited 3 – that’s THREE – T – H – R – E – E - popes that accept evolution and supplied links to letters they had written proving this.
You are the one with the social Darwinism fetish, don’t blame me for your word games.
And then you had to lie that I claimed the pope was atheist, and despite the REPEATED request for evidence the only way you could save face was to continue the lie and ignore those requests.
And now after several weeks of your bare faced lying you have changed your plea from “ChristineMc^2 says the pope is atheist” to “in essence, you are claiming the Pope and the Catholic Church are atheist.”
And you have the gall to mock me?
You must be a godbot of the highest order and considering the mockery that godbots vomit as a matter of course, being ranked above the rest takes a special and profound degree of mockery.
Hell this is almost as groundbreaking buskism as when you claimed that youtube was evidence of god
You claimed the Popes accept Darwinism. They do not.

Your claim is false, and nothing you cited supports it.

If you cite 100 Popes agreeing that evolution occurs, you will not have supported your claim that the Popes accept Darwinism.

That would require the Popes to be atheists. The Popes are not atheists.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 5 min 15th Dalai Lama 3,541
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Double Fine 828,620
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 11 min ChristineM 442,876
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min RoSesz 584,344
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 43 min Commander Bunny 270,673
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 1 hr rdgupta 24
Japan should make an official and sincere apolo... 1 hr Hosaka Seiji 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Ugly Truth from d... 611,869
More from around the web