Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256124 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

IPSEC

Oglesby, TX

#222640 Apr 2, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...He knows ..he is wrong ( and willfully misinterpreting scripture )....barren women don't die in perdition ....no where is that recorded or eluded to ...
If God were merely a myth ...these heathen wouldn't feel such hate towards Him and His church ...
There are 40,000 sects and schisms in Christianity and countless versions of the New Testament. It is impossible to get two Christians of different churches to agree on even simple Scripture. Each of your Army of One Religion of Me! Claims the other is wrong and guilty of misinterpretation. The only logical conclusion is that is all non-evidential nonsense and so ridiculously vague as to be laughable.
IPSEC

Oglesby, TX

#222641 Apr 2, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
This means you have a biased substandard flawed interpretation that you promote as the truth. When in fact you deny the Amplified version because it explains even more clearly the KJV.
This is what we see all the time. Atheist deliberately misinterpretation scripture. Because if the truth be known Atheist are weak and insecure in their belief. And Atheist feel the need to discredit the bible by making false interpretations, taking scripture out of context, leaving out conjunctions.
If you are so right why revert to these callow interpretations?
Prove your interpretations are any less callow. I'll wait. 40,000 sects and schisms of Christianity and countless Bible versions, and billions of interpretations of individual Christians in gods modeled after themselves point to general callowness and utter nonsense. Why should I believe you over any other Christian? When was the last time Dear Leader disagreed with you?
IPSEC

Oglesby, TX

#222642 Apr 2, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
It gives me great solace that your response is so …… well shallow. Getting angry and reverting to name calling does not help your cause. It does show your insecurity in Atheism.
No, it doesn't, Dr. Nil.
IPSEC

Oglesby, TX

#222643 Apr 2, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Another Brick In The Wall (Part II)"
We don't need no education
We don't need no thought control
No dark sarcasm in the classroom
Teachers leave them kids alone
Hey teacher leave them kids alone
All in all it's just another brick in the wall
All in all you're just another brick in the wall
We don't need no education
We don't need no thought control
No dark sarcasm in the classroom
Teachers leave them kids alone
Hey teacher leave us kids alone
Replace teacher with preacher to make these lyrics more prescient.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#222644 Apr 2, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, to be fair one would have to extrapolate what percentage from each population rather than the overall population, but even then, what is the point? There is no causal link between homosexuality and pedophilia. It's just another attempt to demonize people.
The last numbers I saw quoted was 47% was family and up to 74% family and family friends. People the child knows.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#222645 Apr 2, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>The last numbers I saw quoted was 47% was family and up to 74% family and family friends. People the child knows.
Yep. The stats are very detailed, I only posted the general worldwide consensus.

I've posted them in detail before, waste of time, people can check for themselves anyhow.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#222647 Apr 2, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, so you say the interpretation is flawed. Prove it. Sounds to me like you just don't like what it says. And I would not blame you for that either. I think it's ridiculous too. Paul even rationalizes why women must give birth to be saved. So it's not just a misquote.
I gave you the Amplified version three times already. It's easy to understand what the scripture means.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#222648 Apr 2, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul said women who don't bear children are doomed. Take responsibility for your own misogynous book.
You just called someone a coward and a liar. Holy freaking cow cheese Wildride.
O G Kush

Clermont, FL

#222649 Apr 2, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>There are 40,000 sects and schisms in Christianity and countless versions of the New Testament. It is impossible to get two Christians of different churches to agree on even simple Scripture. Each of your Army of One Religion of Me! Claims the other is wrong and guilty of misinterpretation. The only logical conclusion is that is all non-evidential nonsense and so ridiculously vague as to be laughable.
Is there anything in the Old Testament -- in history, in theory, in law, in government, in morality, in science -- above and beyond the ideas, the beliefs, the customs and prejudices of its authors and the people among whom they lived?
Is there one ray of light from any supernatural source?

The ancient Hebrews believed that this earth was the center of the universe, and that the sun, moon and stars were specks in the sky.
With this the Bible agrees.

They thought the earth was flat, with four corners; that the sky, the firmament, was solid -- the floor of Jehovah's house.
The Bible teaches the same.

They imagined that the sun journeyed about the earth, and that by stopping the sun the day could be lengthened.
The Bible agrees with this.

They believed that Adam and Eve were the first man and woman; that they had been created but a few years before, and that they, the Hebrews, were their direct descendants.
This the Bible teaches.

If anything is, or can be, certain, the writers of the Bible were mistaken about creation, astronomy, geology; about the causes of phenomena, the origin of evil and the cause of death.

Now, it must be admitted that if an infinite Being is the author of the Bible, he knew all sciences, all facts, and could not have made a mistake.

and the author is?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#222650 Apr 2, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
Being a vocal Atheist in a Islam country is dangerous. Life expectancy is only a few days in these countries. If they let you live your existence will be miserable. You can be locked away and tortured until a complete conversion takes place.

Atheism is not a welcome belief in many of these places and freedom is not accepted. I embrace freedom and want people to live and be free. If you don’t have a choice you don’t have freedom.

So many of our militant Atheist are just like the Islam countries. They want freedom of choice removed from people’s life. And if they had their way Christians would be murdered and or imprisoned.

I for one believe in separation of Church and State. I really do but that doesn’t mean separation of one’s rights to believe and worship our One True God. Individuals rights to freedom of religion must not be abridged, ever.
And they must not be thrust on others.

Like trying to put creationism in science classes.

Or making access to abortion illegal because of your religious beliefs.

Or telling people that they are going to hell for not believing in your particular religion.

When do you hear or see atheists telling you what you MUST believe? And don't even try to include well established science that refutes the bible.

Science is true whether you believe it or not.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#222651 Apr 2, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>I don’t prey on children.

I pray for children.
How many children have you told of heaven or hell?
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#222652 Apr 2, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>There are 40,000 sects and schisms in Christianity and countless versions of the New Testament. It is impossible to get two Christians of different churches to agree on even simple Scripture. Each of your Army of One Religion of Me! Claims the other is wrong and guilty of misinterpretation. The only logical conclusion is that is all non-evidential nonsense and so ridiculously vague as to be laughable.
Ever heard of the “Donner Party?” They were pioneers that headed West via wagon train for California in 1846. Now there was a proven trail to get to California in those days. But the Donner Party decided to go a different route.

They ended up succumbing to starvation and reverted to cannibalism. Now there’s lots of religions these days. But which one is the right religion? It will be the one that has followed the proven route. And will take those travelers that follow the proven route to their desired destination.

Travelers that leave the proven trail are doomed to end up lost. Because many have gone their own route doesn’t mean those who are going down the right trail are lost. It just means those who go their own way are going to be lost without hope. You are also one of those travelers my friend.

You think you are going down the right trail. You swear by it but where will be your final destination? I must inform you that you are utterly lost even though you don’t think so.

The Donner Party (sometimes called the Donner-Reed Party) was a group of American pioneers who set out for California in a wagon train. Delayed by a series of mishaps, they spent the winter of 1846–47 snowbound in the Sierra Nevada. Some of the emigrants resorted to cannibalism to survive, eating those who had succumbed to starvation and sickness.
The journey west usually took between four and six months, but the Donner Party was slowed by following a new route called Hastings Cutoff, which crossed Utah's Wasatch Mountains and Great Salt Lake Desert. The rugged terrain, and difficulties encountered while traveling along the Humboldt River in present-day Nevada, resulted in the loss of many cattle and wagons, and splits within the group.
By the beginning of November 1846 the emigrants had reached the Sierra Nevada, where they became trapped by an early, heavy snowfall near Truckee (now Donner) Lake, high in the mountains. Their food supplies ran low, and in mid-December some of the group set out on foot to obtain help. Rescuers from California attempted to reach the emigrants, but the first relief party did not arrive until the middle of February 1847, almost four months after the wagon train became trapped. Of the 87 members of the party, 48 survived to reach California.
Historians have described the episode as one of the most spectacular tragedies in Californian history and in the record of western migration.[1]
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#222653 Apr 2, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
And they must not be thrust on others.
Like trying to put creationism in science classes.
Or making access to abortion illegal because of your religious beliefs.
Or telling people that they are going to hell for not believing in your particular religion.
When do you hear or see atheists telling you what you MUST believe? And don't even try to include well established science that refutes the bible.
Science is true whether you believe it or not.
I believe in separation of Church and State. I’m thankful for the headway that Madalyn Murray O'Hair made.

As far as science class. I really think science should refrain from speculations and be more factual. There’s a lot of speculation on the evolution of man. It is a speculation science which is nothing more than science of the imagination.

I do believe evolution is real especially in biological science. On the other hand many animals have shown there’s no evolutionary trail to refer too. Like the Horseshoe Crab for example.

Now the access to abortions. There may be reasons for abortions but as a birth control method it’s horrendous. Prevention is the key to preventing unwanted pregnancies.

I don’t tell people they are going to hell. We each are captains of our own ships. As a ship captain if you want to steer your ship into peril that’s your business.

“When do you hear or see atheists telling you what you MUST believe?” Are you freaking blind and deaf?

“Science is true whether you believe it or not.” Really? So when medical science years ago believed the way to be healed was to bleed the body, was that true?

Back in ancient Greece scientist of the day believed the liver circulated blood. At one time scientist believed the earth was the center of the universe. Up until the late 19 century Doctors didn’t believe in washing their hands before delivering babies.

Science has been wrong a lot over that last 300 years. I’m not saying science is bad. I appreciate scientific advances in all science. But your wrong to assume science has been and forever will be flawless.
O G Kush

Clermont, FL

#222654 Apr 2, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever heard of the “Donner Party?” They were pioneers that headed West via wagon train for California in 1846. Now there was a proven trail to get to California in those days. But the Donner Party decided to go a different route.
They ended up succumbing to starvation and reverted to cannibalism. Now there’s lots of religions these days. But which one is the right religion? It will be the one that has followed the proven route. And will take those travelers that follow the proven route to their desired destination.
Travelers that leave the proven trail are doomed to end up lost. Because many have gone their own route doesn’t mean those who are going down the right trail are lost. It just means those who go their own way are going to be lost without hope. You are also one of those travelers my friend.
You think you are going down the right trail. You swear by it but where will be your final destination? I must inform you that you are utterly lost even though you don’t think so.
The Donner Party (sometimes called the Donner-Reed Party) was a group of American pioneers who set out for California in a wagon train. Delayed by a series of mishaps, they spent the winter of 1846–47 snowbound in the Sierra Nevada. Some of the emigrants resorted to cannibalism to survive, eating those who had succumbed to starvation and sickness.
The journey west usually took between four and six months, but the Donner Party was slowed by following a new route called Hastings Cutoff, which crossed Utah's Wasatch Mountains and Great Salt Lake Desert. The rugged terrain, and difficulties encountered while traveling along the Humboldt River in present-day Nevada, resulted in the loss of many cattle and wagons, and splits within the group.
By the beginning of November 1846 the emigrants had reached the Sierra Nevada, where they became trapped by an early, heavy snowfall near Truckee (now Donner) Lake, high in the mountains. Their food supplies ran low, and in mid-December some of the group set out on foot to obtain help. Rescuers from California attempted to reach the emigrants, but the first relief party did not arrive until the middle of February 1847, almost four months after the wagon train became trapped. Of the 87 members of the party, 48 survived to reach California.
Historians have described the episode as one of the most spectacular tragedies in Californian history and in the record of western migration.[1]
Cannibal, n. Someone who is fed up with people.

Two cannibals met one day in the jungle: "I went up the river and got me a couple of Catholic monks the other day and brought em home and boiled them and they tasted terrible." "You boiled them?" "Yeah, why?" "Those are friars."

Two guys are captured by cannibals and they're stuck naked in a big pot of water over a fire and the water gets hotter and hotter and all of a sudden, one guy starts laughing, and the other guy says, "What's so funny?" "I just peed and took a dump in their soup!"

Vegetarians eat vegetables. Beware of humanitarians.
O G Kush

Clermont, FL

#222655 Apr 2, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in separation of Church and State. I’m thankful for the headway that Madalyn Murray O'Hair made.
As far as science class. I really think science should refrain from speculations and be more factual. There’s a lot of speculation on the evolution of man. It is a speculation science which is nothing more than science of the imagination.
I do believe evolution is real especially in biological science. On the other hand many animals have shown there’s no evolutionary trail to refer too. Like the Horseshoe Crab for example.
Now the access to abortions. There may be reasons for abortions but as a birth control method it’s horrendous. Prevention is the key to preventing unwanted pregnancies.
I don’t tell people they are going to hell. We each are captains of our own ships. As a ship captain if you want to steer your ship into peril that’s your business.
“When do you hear or see atheists telling you what you MUST believe?” Are you freaking blind and deaf?
“Science is true whether you believe it or not.” Really? So when medical science years ago believed the way to be healed was to bleed the body, was that true?
Back in ancient Greece scientist of the day believed the liver circulated blood. At one time scientist believed the earth was the center of the universe. Up until the late 19 century Doctors didn’t believe in washing their hands before delivering babies.
Science has been wrong a lot over that last 300 years. I’m not saying science is bad. I appreciate scientific advances in all science. But your wrong to assume science has been and forever will be flawless.
"You don't talk about the spherical earth with NASA and then say let's give equal time to the flat earthers."

Neil Degrasse Tyson...
astrophysicist - after creationist groups demanded airtime on his new space science program, Cosmos

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#222656 Apr 2, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Religions love to control sexuality as it is so basic to our nature. There is nothing immoral about consensual sex.
....You write rationally enough ....

But , your naivete ...needs to be addressed ...

I won't address STD's .....but , rather unfaithfulness .....just sex ...

but ..it really destroys families ...I think ( just sex ) holds more power , than we actually dare admit ..

Las Vegas, NV

#222657 Apr 2, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
..JUST ..SHUT UP..YOU ...!

sorry , about that ....you're totally correct ...And , our only redoubt ....is to blame the Devil ...

....And ..we know that makes us sound lame ....

In fact before " Roe vs Wade " ...We Christians would brutally assault each others beliefs ....then , roe vs wade ....

Oh ..FUCK..!!....We really dropped the ball ....We , still don't agree with each other ; but we need a united front , and so we play nice ....you freethinkers gave us a thumpin'....!
O G Kush

Clermont, FL

#222658 Apr 2, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
People who wear polyester suits are an abomination.
Leviticus 19:19
...OK, God got one right.
LOL
Remember... mankind made alcohol - God made marijuana - whom you trust?

The biblical "plant of renown" a.k.a. cannabis sativa can be found in:

E Z Kill
34:29 And I will raise up for them a plant of renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land, neither bear the shame of the heathen any more.

http://91life.stickyguide.com/marijuana-strai...

< looks for another box of cheez-it's>

Las Vegas, NV

#222659 Apr 2, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Every Christian has created a god in their own image. It's what happens when you have an imaginary friend. Your Army of One Religion of Me! is the ultimate self worship.
..you write self worship .....almost...like selfishness ...??

But , religions are so charitable ....food kitchens and such ...

Las Vegas, NV

#222660 Apr 2, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I’m not Catholic and don’t hold the Vatican in high regards.
....YOU'RE GOING TO BURN IN HELL...!!!

....nah , just kidding ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Vikinglovespenis 56,315
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min Anthony MN 650,713
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 13 min DebraE 106,085
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 34 min ceemee2 2,355
Gay/Bi men in Leeds 48 min Jay 1
snapchat name 1 hr thekingfish1234 4
UK Phone Numbers for Fun 1 hr Hung_Stud999 5
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Freebird USA 182,977
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Hangman 971,889
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 hr NACKED TRUTH 45,001
More from around the web