Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 20 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#222292 Mar 31, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If there's 'ample proof', then it should be easy for you to show proof that man created God.
Go.
Which God ?

WAFM

“Love much, trust none”

There

#222293 Mar 31, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
But they all still say it.
Go figure.
They pledge to Wodan ?

Cool !

“Love much, trust none”

There

#222294 Mar 31, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry buddy, satanism is as much god worship as christianity
Perhaps you have not considered the actual meaning of the word atheism
Correct.

Satanism is merely the worship of the more powerful deity in the Christian pantheon and is based solely on Christianity.
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#222295 Mar 31, 2014
satanism probably has a lower bodycount. What with god being a genocidal psycho and all that.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry buddy, satanism is as much god worship as christianity
Perhaps you have not considered the actual meaning of the word atheism

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#222296 Mar 31, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Stalin admitted many times that he was an atheist. Stalin's actions showed that he was an atheist. And no, I never threatened to kill you.
Why do godbots ignore facts that they object to? Is it part of your indoctrination?

I have asked both you and buck you several times to provide “first hand” evidence that Stalin claimed he was atheist. As yet neither of you has provided anything other than second hand, hearsay and after the fact stuff mostly written about his power struggle and nationalism while ignoring the majority of his life;.

Compare that with the facts that I have proved spanning his whole life and objectively consider.

And “objectively” is the big word that is causing you so much problem isn’t it?

You claimed that you missed be because your sights were faulty, No matter how much you squirm and pass it off as a joke, it was a direct statement that you had me targeted in the sights of your gun.

For what other purpose would you make such a claim other than threat?

#222297 Mar 31, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Stalin was not responsible for opening churches.
Your word is shit, I see no reason to try a conversation with you.
Stalin was head of state and as one of your heads of state one famously said “the buck stops here”

Nope not the bus and not the butt crack

Whether it was his actual words or not that caused the opening of 25000 churches, the responsibility for that opening was his.

My word and the word of several accredited sources as opposed to your word that actually provided nothing but faith.

But if you want to butt out, then that fine my me. Goodbye until next time…

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#222298 Mar 31, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
How ?

#222299 Mar 31, 2014
Thinking wrote:
satanism probably has a lower bodycount. What with god being a genocidal psycho and all that.
<quoted text>
Much lower

I never heard any story of satan committing genocide against the whole world except a small handful of close buddies

I never heard of satan murdering every first born child in a whole land in a fit of pique

I never heard of satan condoning slavery and rape and abduction and theft

All those good christian virtues are labels of the hebrew/christian/islamic god.
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#222300 Mar 31, 2014
Exactly. To paraphrase the fundies, the greatest trick jesus ever pulled off was convincing anyone he was on the right side.

:)
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Much lower
I never heard any story of satan committing genocide against the whole world except a small handful of close buddies
I never heard of satan murdering every first born child in a whole land in a fit of pique
I never heard of satan condoning slavery and rape and abduction and theft
All those good christian virtues are labels of the hebrew/christian/islamic god.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#222301 Mar 31, 2014
Same cast, same scripts.

<yawn>

The Producer of All Things created something beyond its control. So he let it go improv. Unfortunately the cast are all method actors.

You aren't going to create heaven on earth on this stage. Being antagonists is hardly the role of the hero.

Topix atheists are dumb.

The popcorn is stale and overpriced. The exit doors aren't marked.

Dave will go back to being offline.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#222302 Mar 31, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Which God ?
WAFM
God.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#222303 Mar 31, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
They pledge to Wodan ?
Cool !
There is no "so help me Wodan".

Dumb ass.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#222304 Mar 31, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do godbots ignore facts that they object to? Is it part of your indoctrination?
I have asked both you and buck you several times to provide “first hand” evidence that Stalin claimed he was atheist. As yet neither of you has provided anything other than second hand, hearsay and after the fact stuff mostly written about his power struggle and nationalism while ignoring the majority of his life;.
Compare that with the facts that I have proved spanning his whole life and objectively consider.
And “objectively” is the big word that is causing you so much problem isn’t it?
You claimed that you missed be because your sights were faulty, No matter how much you squirm and pass it off as a joke, it was a direct statement that you had me targeted in the sights of your gun.
For what other purpose would you make such a claim other than threat?
Evidence has been supplied to you.

Over and over.

And over and over and over again.

You CHOOSE to ignore it.

#222305 Mar 31, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Exactly. To paraphrase the fundies, the greatest trick jesus ever pulled off was convincing anyone he was on the right side.
:)
<quoted text>
He never pulled off that trick, if he existed at all then it was not until 300+ years after he got cross that that the trick was pulled

I know he was said to have resurrected but 300+ years is a bit if a stretch.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#222306 Mar 31, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Stalin was head of state and as one of your heads of state one famously said “the buck stops here”
Nope not the bus and not the butt crack
Whether it was his actual words or not that caused the opening of 25000 churches, the responsibility for that opening was his.
My word and the word of several accredited sources as opposed to your word that actually provided nothing but faith.
But if you want to butt out, then that fine my me. Goodbye until next time…
Stalin was no more responsible for opening churches than Obama is responsible for starting new jobs.
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#222307 Mar 31, 2014
You already were.
Dave Nelson wrote:
Same cast, same scripts.
<yawn>
The Producer of All Things created something beyond its control. So he let it go improv. Unfortunately the cast are all method actors.
You aren't going to create heaven on earth on this stage. Being antagonists is hardly the role of the hero.
Topix atheists are dumb.

#222308 Mar 31, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
Same cast, same scripts.
<yawn>
Topix atheists are dumb.
Oh your god dave

I though you had left and gone to toe big davesworld in the sky, welcome back, did you p|ss your god off and he tossed you back?

I see he sent you back with the same old outdated rhetoric though

Las Vegas, NV

#222309 Mar 31, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
More accurately, Satanism is a from of Christianity.
...nein ...nein....nein ..

I submit satanism and Atheism are kin ..Both )

..reject , the authority of God ..
..demand , that you surrender to your carnal desires
..demand , that you surrender to your worldly desires ..
..reject , the existence of Hell

#222310 Mar 31, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>How ?
Where?

Las Vegas, NV

#222311 Mar 31, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for providing evidence that there is no such thing as "Christian morality". You idiots are one rung above "Islamic morality". Thankfully most of you are too stupid to use turn signals, let alone fly an aircraft.
...so , flying an aircraft is a lot harder than it looks ..

I merely asked , why do you heathen write " buybull "..."chrINSANITY ".."christurd" ....

from whence this anger ....and , your continued replies ..." Oh , your laws your horrible , horrible laws ..!!"

I then , ask ..." What is it ' exactly ' you wish to do that our laws forbid you from doing ..???"

your continued replies ..........cricket sounds ....

God is real ...a mere myth could never incite such rage and hostility ...and , neither can you explain this hostility ...." laws " ......" What laws ...? "

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How to get Free Steam games, Steam Wallet codes... (Dec '13) 4 min arachno 95
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Buck Crick 831,306
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min RoSesz 586,336
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 27 min pusherman_ 2,327
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 33 min haryanawala 38
Guidepowerlevel.com offer WOW Power Leveling 90... 39 min guidepowerlevel 1
GuidePowerlevel.com provide Cheap GW2 Power lev... 41 min guidepowerlevel 2
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Tony17 99,364
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 2 hr Neelakaran 6,452
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 7 hr Paul Porter1 442,990
More from around the web