Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258512 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#222357 Mar 31, 2014
Skombolis wrote:
Edit Wilde
Also should add people are saved through grace alone. But the reasons God will save them with his grace is if they are obedient and faithful until the end
Also grace sometimes is being distinguished from works of law. Works of law is the Pharisees who thought simply by following the law they could be saved, even without belief
LOL - wilderide knows the Gospel better than you!:-)

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#222358 Mar 31, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL - wilderide knows the Gospel better than you!:-)
The Topix Atheist! claims to know more about everything than anyone.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#222359 Mar 31, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was pretty much fuckedfrom birth.
Incest?
immoral dogs disrespect Christianity by saying these types of things about our most Holy Founder, but on the other hand we're expected to walk on eggshells regarding saying anything negatively about homosexuality!

IT'S ON BEOTCH - LET'S DO THIS THANG!!!

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#222360 Mar 31, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Allah is just an Arabic word for 'God'.....
Wrong again, RiversideRetard.

"God" refers to any and all deities. Allah refers only to the Abrahamic deity.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#222361 Mar 31, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say anything remotely close to that.
And YOU cal ME mental?!
You claimed that "God" is the only proper name for your deity.

Yes. I call you insane. Most sane people would.
Thinking

Wellingborough, UK

#222362 Mar 31, 2014
I agree, but I think it's a start to move the debate from just neglect to include emotional mindfuckery.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Heard about it on R4 on the way to the office this morning.
Although it should I bet it’s not going to apply to religious institutions, they are going to continue the mental abuse because it’s the only way they can keep there numbers up.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#222363 Mar 31, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again, RiversideRetard.
"God" refers to any and all deities. Allah refers only to the Abrahamic deity.
Allah is the Arabic word for "God", that's it.

Just like Jehovah is the Hebrew word for God.

And Dios is the Spanish word.

And Gott is the German word.

You are not university trained

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#222364 Mar 31, 2014
BenAdam wrote:

You claimed that "God" is the only proper name for your deity.
Actually, I've argued the EXACT OPPOSITE of that. I've argued that God doesn't have a name, remember? Youfuckingidiot.

Trying to have a conversation with you is nothing more than an argument of what I didn't say.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#222365 Mar 31, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Allah is the Arabic word for "God", that's it.
Just like Jehovah is the Hebrew word for God.
And Dios is the Spanish word.
And Gott is the German word.
You are not university trained
Wrong again, Shit4brains.

The English word "God" is a generic term for any and all deities.
" El" (AKA "Allah", "Eli", "Eloi") is specific to the Abrahamic chief deity.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#222366 Mar 31, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again, Shit4brains.
The English word "God" is a generic term for any and all deities.
" El" (AKA "Allah", "Eli", "Eloi") is specific to the Abrahamic chief deity.
Nope. "God" is specific, "god" is generic and could mean any god. The same goes for "el" and "allah".

God is an English word, Allah is Arabic and El is Semitic. All three means the same thing in all three languages, "God".

If you did go to college, you should see about a refund because you didn't learn shit there.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#222367 Mar 31, 2014
God:

1.(in Christianity and other monotheistic religions) the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being.

2.(in certain other religions) a superhuman being or spirit worshiped as having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity. "a moon god"

synonyms: deity, goddess, divine being, celestial being, divinity, immortal, avatar More

RR is still an imbecile.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#222368 Mar 31, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
God:
1.(in Christianity and other monotheistic religions) the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being.
2.(in certain other religions) a superhuman being or spirit worshiped as having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity. "a moon god"
synonyms: deity, goddess, divine being, celestial being, divinity, immortal, avatar More
RR is still an imbecile.
You must've missed the part of my post where I wrote:

-"god" is generic and could mean any god.-

Must've...

“"None shall pass"”

There

#222369 Mar 31, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You must've missed the part of my post where I wrote:
-"god" is generic and could mean any god.-
Must've...
The dictionary clearly used a capital "G".

You don't even have a high school education and think you know more than everyone in the world.

You are a complete waste of a life in every way possible.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#222370 Mar 31, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The Topix Atheist! claims to know more about everything than anyone.
i don't think he's an atheist as much as he's a traitor of God.

"You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble!" - James

he and his devils are so scared that all they can do is try to harass the believers while they still have time

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#222371 Mar 31, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Gender is masculine, feminine, or neuter. Sex is male and female. Look inside yourself and your descriptive words to find where you are.
Um, you might want to check your info...

Location hidden

#222372 Mar 31, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Real marriage has always been and will always be a committed relationship between one man and one woman. Demanding it ain't so doesn't make it so.
It is the only relationship that reproduces naturally, a father and mother raising their children.
It is the only relationship that is the birthing place of every single other type of relationship.
It is the only relationship that reunites two completely unique parts. A complimentary union, instead of a duplicated half.
It is the only relationship that sexually fit together by design. There is no abusive violation of design.
It is the only relationship that restores a male and female to the very original roots of our creation, pre-gender.
It is the only union that blends two different genders bringing perfect balance. A same gender union lacks diversity and is off balance.
All this says nothing about the cultural, historic and religious distinctions that marriage wholly embraces.
It clearly has, needs and deserves a special and unique definition. It is absurd and sacrilegious to equate ss couples
<quoted text>
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Gender is masculine, feminine, or neuter. Sex is male and female. Look inside yourself and your descriptive words to find where you are.
That is not an explanation of how a ss couple equates to the distinctions I note.

Location hidden

#222373 Mar 31, 2014
The Bible says there was a beginning point for the universe. And that it was unrolled like a scroll (including being flat), and will eventually be rolled back up.

Science agrees. Finally.

Explain how a fake, fiction fairytale got that right 5,000 years ago.

Smile.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#222375 Mar 31, 2014
KiMare wrote:
The Bible says there was a beginning point for the universe. And that it was unrolled like a scroll (including being flat), and will eventually be rolled back up.

Science agrees. Finally.

Smile.
It didn't.
Thinking

Wellingborough, UK

#222376 Mar 31, 2014
Bollocks.
KiMare wrote:
Science agrees. Finally.
Smile.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#222377 Mar 31, 2014
KiMare wrote:
The Bible says .... And that it was unrolled like a scroll (including being flat), and will eventually be rolled back up......
Flat Earther alert !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min waaasssuuup 79,591
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 min Sammy 448,370
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 36 min Sammy 995,745
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 44 min waaasssuuup 701,449
Judas Iscariot and Mark Fuhrman 4 hr Doctor REALITY 38
Arsonist strikes @ Little Rock Pregnancy Planni... 11 hr Cowards 2
The Last TRUMP (Donald Trump) Of God 11 hr Prophecy 1