Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
211,801 - 211,820 of 226,391 Comments Last updated 40 min ago

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#220618 Mar 21, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Because your god is a dick.
Look what it's done to you.
sin is crouching at your heart's door and its desire is to completely rule you like it did Cain.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#220619 Mar 21, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Because your god is a dick.
Look what it's done to you.
Which god?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#220620 Mar 21, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>let's say that i hope you're not deceived, but your opposition of me, a non-deceived person, gives me strong reason to think that you are.
"Reason" is not a word you've earned the right to use.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#220621 Mar 21, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Which god?
The one in the bible that wasaasshole subscribes to.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#220622 Mar 21, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>sin is crouching at your heart's door and its desire is to completely rule you like it did Cain.
SMH.

How utterly lame.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#220623 Mar 21, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>class - here we have the ultimate goal of the deceived!

Cain was the forefather of the deceived ancestory and just look what he did to his righteous brother!
Cain is a fictional character in an ancient fable.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#220624 Mar 21, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Sure. That's why it was placed in biology texts in 2009.

Can't get a thing past you Darwinists, huh?
I thought it was 2010.

Can't you and ArAr agree on anything?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#220625 Mar 21, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>You know this how?

Darwinism would predict a more "efficient" route of the laryngeal nerve, but it also is allowed to predict the more circuitous route. This means it predicts whatever we get, which means it's useless as a predictor.

You are also wrong about the nerve. The recurrent laryngeal nerve innervates not only the larynx, but also the esophagus and the trachea and moreover gives several cardiac filaments to the deep part of the cardiac plexus.

Besides the substantial advantage of the circuitous design in the adult, the laryngeal nerve path may have an important function during embryological development:

"The vagus nerve in the stage 16 embryo is very large in relation to the aortic arch system. The recurrent laryngeal nerve has a greater proportion of connective tissue than other nerves, making it more resistant to stretch. It has been suggested that tension applied by the left recurrent laryngeal nerve as it wraps around the ductus arteriosus could provide a means of support that would permit the ductus to develop as a muscular artery, rather than an elastic artery"

- Gray's Anatomy, 39th edition 2005, p. 1053.

Biologist Wolf-Ekkehard Lönnig:

"So, today's evolutionary explanations (as is also true for many other so-called rudimentary routes and organs) are not only often in contradiction to their own premises but also tend to stop looking for (and thus hinder scientific research concerning) further important morphological and physiological functions yet to be discovered. In contrast, the theory of intelligent design regularly predicts further functions (also) in these cases and thus is scientifically much more fruitful and fertile than the neo-Darwinian exegesis."
What would intelligent design predict?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#220626 Mar 21, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>i don't think of faith in Christ as being a "crutch"; i use it more like an entire self-sustaining wheelchair with everything i need right there for me at my disposal:-)
Including a constant opiate drip.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#220627 Mar 21, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>like i said - the first effects of a decaying society come on those who promote it.

if you love homosexuality, may you be filled with it & surrounded by it in every aspect of your life!

the homosexual blessing:-)
What do you think about equal rights?
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#220628 Mar 21, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Which god?
He answered that in the statement. He wrote, "His god", which, for a Christian, means the individual themselves.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#220629 Mar 21, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Being preceded by an infinite number of universes is impossible.

The present universe could have never arrived.

Being followed by an infinite number of universes is also impossible.
You're considering time to be constant.

It's not.
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#220630 Mar 21, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There's only one we call God.
God.
We? Billions of Christians spread across 40,000 schisms is hardly a we. Each Christian has a god modeled after themselves. A dystopian army of one.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#220631 Mar 21, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, you can.

The choice cause the foreknowledge, not vice-versa.
You're confused.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#220632 Mar 21, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>I suspect your linked critiques are a worthless as your own. I'll skip them.
Coward.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#220633 Mar 21, 2014
tricki wrote:
<quoted text>nah.. psychobabble from fools.
i know little about the universe. get this. i know the one who spoke and created it and life. and he walked on this earth a while back and i know him, too, his boy.

and there are plenty of occasions when i wish i didn't believe. the little girl posting as atheist doesn't know what evil is. there are some vicious people out there and some of us were they. it takes more than a little tear and cough to remain in the realm where temptation cries your name and hell accosts every sensibility you got.
Sounds like you'd be a monster without your fear of hell.

Some of us are easily able to be good without that fear.
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#220634 Mar 21, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
If I see one I'll let you know.
Yeah, you have no idea. You "Watchmakers" think everything is designed. How can you possibly differentiate design from non-design?

1. Thank you for dismissing my cogent question. It paints you further as a duped fool. Your concession speech is logged.

2. If everything needs a designer, what designed your Dear Leader? And then what designed that?

3. Current Gap Zeitgeist, seeing as how Dear Leader has managed to micro manage less and less through the millennia, has Dear Leader painted as more ethereal energy than humanoid mad scientist. How can ethereal energy design and manufacture?

4. Why do you attach your cart to the donkeys at Apologetics, Inc., a multi-billion dollars a year business that produces nothing, designs nothing, discovers nothing, and offers nothing but enrichment of their coffers? Please provide one scientific discovery by the Discovery Institute. Please provide one way they have made our lives better. Please provide one tangible idea they have proffered that has led to better quality of life, medical discovery, technology, et al.
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#220635 Mar 21, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
o.O
"Bush Family Evil Empire"?
How long are you people going to ride that train?
As long as it chugging down the tracks.
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#220636 Mar 21, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The real Heaven of the Topix Atheist! nonexistent heaven?
It's a colloquial expression. Heaven forbid you'd practice anything other than uneducated pedantry.
IPSEC

Fort Worth, TX

#220637 Mar 21, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Christianity isn't a cult.
<quoted text>
No it isn't.
<quoted text>
Thanks for sharing your belief.
Or is that your lack of belief?
You're very fond of dictionary definitions. According to the dictionary, Christianity is a cult. I don't think it is because it is a Self-Idolizing Army of One with Dear Leader as a mere smokescreen.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min Dr_Zorderz 258,084
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min atemcowboy 539,209
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 11 min Seraphima 600,016
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 15 min Classic 1,768
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 19 min curiouslu 733,228
Good bye Michael Sam 29 min Doctor REALITY 11
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 31 min bad bob 173,285
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 33 min Aquarius-WY 2,462
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••