Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256624 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#220687 Mar 21, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>how does one earn it and from whom? thou self-righteous judge and jury of everything!
One would need to show at least occasional use of it.

Something I haven't seen from you yet.

And, oh caller of others as judgemental, you might want to consider dropping the whole "you're going to hell" routine.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#220688 Mar 21, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>but isn't it interesting that you seem to be exhibiting his very same spiritual DNA?
No such thing.

I'd say nice try, but it really wasn't. Seriously juvenile.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#220689 Mar 21, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>equal rights for who/what: for theives, murders, gluttons, adulterers, fornicators...etc?

i think they should all have the equal right to repent of their destructive behavior before they perish! but, i don't think that they should have the right to bring the rest of society down with them...
I thought we were talking about gays.

You know. Those people whose sex lives don't affect anybody but them.

Are you equating gays with all those other crimes that DO harm others?

If so, please explain.

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#220690 Mar 21, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So is my boot.
You talk to your boot?

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#220691 Mar 21, 2014
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. But, the illusion of free will might be worth giving so that people felt important, and to decide their fate,... godlike.
;)

True enough, but the thing is that Christian ideology hinges on the concept of actual free will. If you take free will away, then the whole house of cards falls down.

Interestingly, the God if the Bible is not described as omniscient at all. Quite the opposite in fact. God is surprised, angered (not to say petulant), and changes it's mind. None of those things would be possible if God was actually omniscient. So Biblically-speaking God is not omniscient anyway, and by extension not omnipotent. It's only Christians who insist that God is the most extreme everything, but that aren't actually backed-up by their own book on this.

San Francisco

#220692 Mar 21, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, i am your judge, sir wilderide!
i hereby judge you loved of God, so much so that He sent His only Son to take your place in judgement:-)
Great! Then I'm saved and I have nothing to worry about. In fact, everyone is saved.

San Francisco

#220693 Mar 21, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
lol! then, you'll argue with me when i say that faith alone is sufficient!
you know ssssoooo much dude, so sssssoooo much will be required of you!
i'd get out there and start preaching the Gospel if i were you.......
Nothing is required of anyone. Jesus paid for everyone's sins. Mission accomplished.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#220695 Mar 21, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>You talk to your boot?
It's on his intellectual level.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#220697 Mar 21, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing is required of anyone. Jesus paid for everyone's sins. Mission accomplished.
Hallelujah!!!

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#220698 Mar 21, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought we were talking about gays.
You know. Those people whose sex lives don't affect anybody but them.
Are you equating gays with all those other crimes that DO harm others?
If so, please explain.
if a gay's sex life didn't affect anybody but them, we wouldn't be having this conversation; i.e. you wouldn't be pushing for certain ambiguous 'rights' and i wouldn't be arguing about ambiguous 'rights':-)

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#220699 Mar 21, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
I disagree.
What else do you not understand? I'll see if I can help you better understand your religion.
<quoted text>
I disagreed to your post - in order to facilitate a discussion.
I can see you refused or don't know how to do that.
If this is your stance - name calling and all....then you really don't know anythign about your religion.
"how do you know He is not the Creator?"
- Jesus never called himself such.....neither should you....if you follow Jesus in any sense of his teachings.
Did I offend you? I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were so touchy. I'll try to be more sensitive.

Questions.

Does the bulk of Christianity consider Jesus Creator?

Why?

You don't know my belief system.

Smile.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#220700 Mar 21, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Great! Then I'm saved and I have nothing to worry about. In fact, everyone is saved.
"be it onto you according to your faith"!:-)

Location hidden

#220701 Mar 21, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
This is something that KM is always trying to pull..."You don't know my belief system!"
But IANS has it right. KM may not have given us the specifics, but one can clearly infer from his posts what the major points of his beliefs are. He is far more transparent than he thinks he is.
Smile.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#220702 Mar 21, 2014
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. But, the illusion of free will might be worth giving so that people felt important, and to decide their fate,... godlike.
no fair - too hot to argue with!:-)

Location hidden

#220703 Mar 21, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my!

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2014/03/20/does...

"The prevalent theory of cosmic origins prior to the Big Bang theory was the “Steady State,” which argued that the universe has always existed, without a beginning that necessitated a cause.

However, this new evidence strongly suggests that there was a beginning to our universe.

If the universe did indeed have a beginning, by the simple logic of cause and effect, there had to be an agent – separate and apart from the effect – that caused it.

That sounds a lot like Genesis 1:1 to me:“In the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth.”

So this latest discovery is good news for us believers, as it adds scientific support to the idea that the universe was caused – or created – by something or someone outside it and not dependent on it.

MORE ON CNN: Big Bang breakthrough announced; gravitational waves detected

Atheist-turned-agnostic astronomer Fred Hoyle, who coined the term “Big Bang,” famously stated,“A common sense interpretation of the facts suggests that a superintellect has monkeyed with physics."

Smirk.

San Francisco

#220704 Mar 21, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"be it onto you according to your faith"!:-)
Wait, did Jesus die for my sins or not?

San Francisco

#220705 Mar 21, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my!
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2014/03/20/does...
"The prevalent theory of cosmic origins prior to the Big Bang theory was the “Steady State,” which argued that the universe has always existed, without a beginning that necessitated a cause.
However, this new evidence strongly suggests that there was a beginning to our universe.
If the universe did indeed have a beginning, by the simple logic of cause and effect, there had to be an agent – separate and apart from the effect – that caused it.
That sounds a lot like Genesis 1:1 to me:“In the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth.”
So this latest discovery is good news for us believers, as it adds scientific support to the idea that the universe was caused – or created – by something or someone outside it and not dependent on it.
MORE ON CNN: Big Bang breakthrough announced; gravitational waves detected
Atheist-turned-agnostic astronomer Fred Hoyle, who coined the term “Big Bang,” famously stated,“A common sense interpretation of the facts suggests that a superintellect has monkeyed with physics."
Smirk.
OK. And?

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#220706 Mar 21, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know that the board of his church (not THE church) is like 3 people?
Do you know the WBC has about 40 people in its congregation?
Your point?

The board, 3 people or 20, is still a misogynistic bunch of bigoted a-holes.

And its congregation is a bunch of 40 more bigoted a-holes.

I see you are making excuses again. You do that a lot, for the most egregious behavior of the religious.

Location hidden

#220707 Mar 21, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
OK. And?
Speechless!!!

LOL!

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#220708 Mar 21, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>if a gay's sex life didn't affect anybody but them, we wouldn't be having this conversation; i.e. you wouldn't be pushing for certain ambiguous 'rights' and i wouldn't be arguing about ambiguous 'rights':-)
How does homosexual sex affect you?

Are they doing it on your couch?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 min Just Think 106,611
Watching wife with others 9 min CuriousHubby82 4
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min Regina 654,438
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 17 min Buck Crick 64,661
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 27 min RiccardoFire 45,300
I think I like giving my brother an erection... (Jan '13) 34 min BadMan 9
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 1 hr Thinking 508
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr The Hangman 973,954
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr onemale 281,955
More from around the web