Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258479 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#220589 Mar 21, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
And it only took them 150 years.(Except for the ones who still use it)
Typical Buck nonsense.

It only took them a short while, considering that there were critics of Haeckel during his lifetime.

You would do well to actually fact check your posts before presenting such nonsense. But then, you're Buck and I have come to expect such from you.

And apparently you agree with what I posted concerning evo-devo. And evo-devo knocks ID right in the head. Which means you are going to forsake ID, right?

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#220590 Mar 21, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Heaven forbid you'd learn something. Knowledge is anti-god, after all. It's okay, though. Jared lived 962 years, lost weight, and became a spokeswhore for Subway.
Buck once stated that he is a seeker after truth, which is one of the biggest lies he has ever told.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#220591 Mar 21, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, Berks County, PA. Reading, the county seat. Second only to Camden, NJ as the murder capital of cities under 500K. A church on every corner, too. No wonder you believe in Hell. You live in it.
Why would you worship Dear Leader, who threatens eternal torture for finite thought crime? Is your despot better than any other because it is invisible? Is its holocaust less immoral because you pretend it has some stewardship or divine right? Does this somehow make a Invisible a Dear Leader better than Jong Un, Pol Pot, Marx, or the Bush Family Evil Empire?
o.O

"Bush Family Evil Empire"?

How long are you people going to ride that train?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#220592 Mar 21, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical Buck nonsense.
It only took them a short while, considering that there were critics of Haeckel during his lifetime.
You would do well to actually fact check your posts before presenting such nonsense. But then, you're Buck and I have come to expect such from you.
And apparently you agree with what I posted concerning evo-devo. And evo-devo knocks ID right in the head. Which means you are going to forsake ID, right?
But Haeckel's fake drawings are still in Biology textbooks today. They're still being taught as fact. The latest high school textbooks to have his fake drawings were printed in 2010.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#220593 Mar 21, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
Heaven forbid you'd learn something.
The real Heaven of the Topix Atheist! nonexistent heaven?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#220594 Mar 21, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, Berks County, PA. Reading, the county seat. Second only to Camden, NJ as the murder capital of cities under 500K. A church on every corner, too.
https://maps.google.com/maps...

I see a lot of corners.

You sure about your statement?

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#220595 Mar 21, 2014
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
Then god doesn't actually want us all to believe.
He would "want" you to seek him out, and make up your own mind (Free Will, Choice)

For what purpose would Evil have served, If he had "Wanted"?

Permission was Granted (Book Of Job)

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#220596 Mar 21, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>What would a non-designed universe look like?
If I see one I'll let you know.

Location hidden

#220597 Mar 21, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical Buck nonsense.
Sure. That's why it was placed in biology texts in 2009.

Can't get a thing past you Darwinists, huh?

tricki

Manheim, PA

#220598 Mar 21, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, Berks County, PA. Reading, the county seat. Second only to Camden, NJ as the murder capital of cities under 500K. A church on every corner, too. No wonder you believe in Hell. You live in it.
Why would you worship Dear Leader, who threatens eternal torture for finite thought crime? Is your despot better than any other because it is invisible? Is its holocaust less immoral because you pretend it has some stewardship or divine right? Does this somehow make a Invisible a Dear Leader better than Jong Un, Pol Pot, Marx, or the Bush Family Evil Empire?
Find work

Location hidden

#220599 Mar 21, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>

This is something one would not see with an "intelligent design", which would eliminate such absurdities.
You know this how?

Darwinism would predict a more "efficient" route of the laryngeal nerve, but it also is allowed to predict the more circuitous route. This means it predicts whatever we get, which means it's useless as a predictor.

You are also wrong about the nerve. The recurrent laryngeal nerve innervates not only the larynx, but also the esophagus and the trachea and moreover gives several cardiac filaments to the deep part of the cardiac plexus.

Besides the substantial advantage of the circuitous design in the adult, the laryngeal nerve path may have an important function during embryological development:

"The vagus nerve in the stage 16 embryo is very large in relation to the aortic arch system. The recurrent laryngeal nerve has a greater proportion of connective tissue than other nerves, making it more resistant to stretch. It has been suggested that tension applied by the left recurrent laryngeal nerve as it wraps around the ductus arteriosus could provide a means of support that would permit the ductus to develop as a muscular artery, rather than an elastic artery"

- Gray's Anatomy, 39th edition 2005, p. 1053.

Biologist Wolf-Ekkehard Lönnig:

"So, today's evolutionary explanations (as is also true for many other so-called rudimentary routes and organs) are not only often in contradiction to their own premises but also tend to stop looking for (and thus hinder scientific research concerning) further important morphological and physiological functions yet to be discovered. In contrast, the theory of intelligent design regularly predicts further functions (also) in these cases and thus is scientifically much more fruitful and fertile than the neo-Darwinian exegesis."

Location hidden

#220600 Mar 21, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>

Your religion is showing. Your grasp of biology is worse than your grasp of math.

Darwinism would predict a more "efficient" route of the laryngeal nerve, but it also is allowed to predict the more circuitous route. This means it predicts whatever we get, which means it's useless as a predictor.

You are also wrong about the nerve. The recurrent laryngeal nerve innervates not only the larynx, but also the esophagus and the trachea and moreover gives several cardiac filaments to the deep part of the cardiac plexus.

Besides the substantial advantage of the circuitous design in the adult, the laryngeal nerve path may have an important function during embryological development:

"The vagus nerve in the stage 16 embryo is very large in relation to the aortic arch system. The recurrent laryngeal nerve has a greater proportion of connective tissue than other nerves, making it more resistant to stretch. It has been suggested that tension applied by the left recurrent laryngeal nerve as it wraps around the ductus arteriosus could provide a means of support that would permit the ductus to develop as a muscular artery, rather than an elastic artery"

- Gray's Anatomy, 39th edition 2005, p. 1053.

Biologist Wolf-Ekkehard Lönnig:

"So, today's evolutionary explanations (as is also true for many other so-called rudimentary routes and organs) are not only often in contradiction to their own premises but also tend to stop looking for (and thus hinder scientific research concerning) further important morphological and physiological functions yet to be discovered. In contrast, the theory of intelligent design regularly predicts further functions (also) in these cases and thus is scientifically much more fruitful and fertile than the neo-Darwinian exegesis."

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#220602 Mar 21, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know you aren't deceived if you wouldn't know if you were?
Hmmmmm...?
because i KNOW that you're deceived and i'm on the opposite side of the fence as you:-)

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#220603 Mar 21, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>What would a non-designed universe look like?
Pretty much like this one.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#220604 Mar 21, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
wtf?
hi tammy,

i wasn't talking to you - you were jumping in the middle of other peoples conversation and that's why you don't understand. if you wanna talk to me in a respectful manner, i'd love to talk to you too!:-)

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#220605 Mar 21, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>because i KNOW that you're deceived and i'm on the opposite side of the fence as you:-)
You know no such thing.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#220606 Mar 21, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the heads up.
<quoted text>
I see what you meant.
If driving is a problem, consider the bus.
lol:-) "always learning but never able to come to the knowledge of the truth...."

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#220607 Mar 21, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
I will only address the non-Biblical historical examples you've given.
In Nazi Germany, gays were persecuted and sent to concentration camps.
http://www.hardenet.com/homocaust/pinktriangl...
In Ancient Rome, the demise in the 5C was not caused by acceptance of homosexuality, because it had been outlawed under the Christian influence by then.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in...
http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/truth-abou...
lol!

here's the deal Rosy hon: i'm not insinuating that homosexuality is the entire problem in the demise of a society, but i will say that it is definitely a contributing factor and when it's generally accepted and even PROMOTED, it's a sign that the structure is in serious decay things are about to implode.

this will effect those who champion the cause MORE than those who oppose immorality, so you go for it with all your heart, gur!l;-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#220608 Mar 21, 2014
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
You only thing one ought to 'get' from gazing upon the universe is that we are small and know very little.
Your desire to believe a in god is an extension of your inability to admit that not just that you don't really know the answers, but also the fact that you are no more capable of understanding the answers than an elephant can understand calculus. Thus, your hidden and 'faith' defined god is a crutch for you.
In reality, it is OKAY to know that your ability (and all of our abilities) to understand the universe is almost nothing.
i don't think of faith in Christ as being a "crutch"; i use it more like an entire self-sustaining wheelchair with everything i need right there for me at my disposal:-)

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#220609 Mar 21, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
lol!
here's the deal Rosy hon: i'm not insinuating that homosexuality is the entire problem in the demise of a society, but i will say that it is definitely a contributing factor and when it's generally accepted and even PROMOTED, it's a sign that the structure is in serious decay things are about to implode.
this will effect those who champion the cause MORE than those who oppose immorality, so you go for it with all your heart, gur!l;-)
Scratch a fundie, find a homophobe.

Shocker.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min guest 670,155
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min bagittagit 99,683
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 min WildWeirdWillie 184,257
No Walls! Don't fence Me In! 19 min Tony 18
jones-tardy family reunion 2017 36 min JonesTardy2017 1
____*antichrist & israel march 2017____ 52 min YTube2017News 1
secret weapon contributing to global chaos 1 hr Haylie2017 7
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr chazmo 286,432
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 hr nanoanomaly 980,036
More from around the web