Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258464 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#219604 Mar 16, 2014
BenAdam wrote:

So you lied when you posted that you did hit your baby in a restaurant for embarrassing you ?
I never said that.

People like you and Feltcher like to embellish.

That's not very honest.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#219613 Mar 16, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
< faint sound of a dripping faucet >
Did all the Mexican plumbers hop the fence?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#219615 Mar 16, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I named the Topix Atheists! that say these crazy things.
You've made it to the list now...
http://m.topix.com/forum/topstories/TUGI0DVLL...
Those were all beliefs of the Topix Atheists!
You think E=MC2 disproves God.-ChristineM
You think you can remove a piece of a mousetrap and it's still a mousetrap.-IANS
You think the Pope is an atheist.-Wilderide
You think all people are atheists.-Wilderide
You think dinosaurs had no DNA.-blacklagoon
You claim to know the Bible better than Christians, but screw up the understanding of every single verse.-all Topix Atheists!
You claim to be atheists but claim to know that there is no God.-all Topix Atheists!
You claim to be agnostic but claim to know there is no God.-all Topix Atheists!
You have a hard time understanding the meanings of very basic words and post things like "define faith".-several Topix Atheists!, including karl
[NEW] Killing people for beliefs is an ordinary claim.-Tide
Did you see the "you Topix Atheists! are so fucking intelligent" part?
Have you seen Mikko's posts?

His face looks like a fat turnip.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#219618 Mar 16, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You Humanists believe that human life has no inherent value

Who told you that? Your priest? Pat Robertson? Warren Jeffs? Kent Hovind? Sarah Palin?
RiversideRedneck wrote:

Feeling persecuted again? I'm going to guess that those people went to preach where they knew they were unwelcome rather than being hunted down in their homes while minding their own business.
My father told me not to fuck with the bull if you're not prepared to take the horn, and if you do, don't cry about it.
You tell me that. Your post here shows how little you care about human life, ESPECIALLY Christian life.

FuckyouHumanists.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#219621 Mar 16, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:

I never said they were yours , I said they were the ideas of the Topix Atheists!
I know what you posted. Did you have a point?
The point is that I've illustrated to you how stupid it is to stereotype, as you do with Christians and 'the church'.

I doubt you understand the exercise.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#219622 Mar 16, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Still backpedal long and still on Topix 24/7. Here's all anyone needs to know about you.
"Dear Leader touched me in a special place so Goddidit. I'm skeered of women, babies, and brown people"
Yada yada.
You know I love the ad hominems.

You just have me a boner.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#219623 Mar 16, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, I excerpted it and took it right out of context. Just like you did. You know I don't agree with Harris but you won't admit any "intellectual dishonesty". Well, your' sis dishonesty without intellect, so there ya go.
Taking it out of context and changing the wording IS intellectual dishonesty, dumb ass.

When I quote Harris about killing people, I quote him verbatim.

Try again, loser.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#219624 Mar 16, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
Have you seen Mikko's posts?
His face looks like a fat turnip.
Mikko? No, ain't seen him.

Location hidden

#219625 Mar 16, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No it doesn't. Irreducible complexity means; "composed of several well-matched, interacting parts that contribute to the basic function, wherein the removal of any one of the parts causes the system to effectively cease functioning".
In other words, remove the spring of the mousetrap and you no longer have a functioning mousetrap.
Michael Behe:

"A final reason for the persuasiveness of the example [Miller mousetrap] we can call the "Clever Hans effect." Clever Hans was the name of a horse who seemed to be pretty good at arithmetic. Its owner would give Hans a simple math problem such as 5+5, and the horse would stamp his hoof ten times, then stop. It eventually turned out that Clever Hans could pick up unconscious cues from its owner, who might raise his eyebrows or tilt his head when the horse's stamping reached the right value. The horse could even pick up unintentional cues from other people, not just the owner, who also apparently gave telltale reactions. In the case of Clever Hans, the human intelligence of the owner was inadvertently attributed to the horse. In my experience the same is invariably true of Darwinian scenarios--human intelligence is critical to guiding the scenario through difficulties toward the "proper" goal, but the intelligence is then attributed to natural selection. As with Clever Hans, the guidance is usually unconscious, but is intelligent nonetheless."

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#219626 Mar 16, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>You make a case that rehab doesn't work and your defense is that it is given no funding but when it is administered right it works. A box of rocks is laughing at you, right now.
I didn't say rehabilitation doesn't work.

Can you read?

I said it doesn't work most of the time.

And that's a fact.

Dumb ass.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#219627 Mar 16, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
At least they work.
Your speculation bores me.

Location hidden

#219628 Mar 16, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>They did wipe the floor with Dembski as he was attached. just because he didn't testify does not mean that his "ideas" were not eviscerated. This is not a courtroom, this is a chat room. There are no technicalities here. Dembski's IDiocy was eviscerated in that case.
You know nothing about the case. You know nothing about Dembski's case. You have read nothing about it, learned nothing about it. And if you read something about it, you still would know nothing about it, because you are a blathering moron. Your brain is bat shit. You are a bat. You sleep hanging upside down. You are stupid in appearance, because nobody as mentally stupid as you could avoid looking visually stupid. I suspect you have one eye in the center of your head, and your mouth is vertical like an ass crack.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#219629 Mar 16, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
hahahaaa

The religious belief found in Judaism, Christianity, Baha'i, Islam, Hinduism - all religion - is nothing but speculation.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#219630 Mar 16, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians eliminating slavery is not drivel, since that is exactly what happened..
.. abolitionists and, ultimately, Lincoln, eliminated slavery. Some abolitionists were Christian, others not so much ..
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
We are not credible if we tag them only with the negatives, and not the positives..
.. this is true. KiMare's original post claimed atheists did nothing about slavery. We do not know that. Regardless, since Christians created the vile institution, wouldn't it be their responsibility to eliminate it ??..
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Lincoln was not a humanist, but a theist..
.. that's debatable. While Honest Abe professed Christianity, he was not a member of any church nor did he indulge in religious rituals. He did accompany Mrs. Lincoln, an advocate of the occult, to seances ..
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
And he was not an abolitionist.
.. first and foremost, he was a politician walking a fine line. There will also be an unending debate on Lincoln's commitment to racial equality ..
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
He said if he could preserve the union without eliminating slavery, he would do it.
"Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery, I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally." Abraham Lincoln

With Established Harem

#219631 Mar 16, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The US insures that every measure is taken to avoid any and all collateral damage.
.. how do drones avoid collateral damage ??..

.. when you kill someone's child, you multiply your enemies ..
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And typically, the women and children around him support him and train with him.
.. ya, that's part of "Stand By Your Man" ..

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#219638 Mar 16, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Alcoholics Anonymous has a recidivism rate identical to no program at all. Secular programs have wonderful success rates. You're an idiot.
Ah, an unvalidated opinion followed by a ugly, bully troll assault. And there you have the 'rational atheist' oxymoron at it's best once again...

One well known example:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teen_Challenge

Smile.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#219639 Mar 16, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Funny, but there are 100s of millions of Christians who disagree with you. Which subset of you immoral clowns are we to believe?
No there is not.

Smile.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#219640 Mar 16, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael Behe:
"A final reason for the persuasiveness of the example [Miller mousetrap] we can call the "Clever Hans effect." Clever Hans was the name of a horse who seemed to be pretty good at arithmetic. Its owner would give Hans a simple math problem such as 5+5, and the horse would stamp his hoof ten times, then stop. It eventually turned out that Clever Hans could pick up unconscious cues from its owner, who might raise his eyebrows or tilt his head when the horse's stamping reached the right value. The horse could even pick up unintentional cues from other people, not just the owner, who also apparently gave telltale reactions. In the case of Clever Hans, the human intelligence of the owner was inadvertently attributed to the horse. In my experience the same is invariably true of Darwinian scenarios--human intelligence is critical to guiding the scenario through difficulties toward the "proper" goal, but the intelligence is then attributed to natural selection. As with Clever Hans, the guidance is usually unconscious, but is intelligent nonetheless."
I've read this four times. I understand the story birding understand the relevance.

With Established Harem

#219641 Mar 16, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a bat. You sleep hanging upside down.
.. River Tam laughed like a hyena when I appeared at her door dressed in Fountain's latest gift ..

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1d...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#219642 Mar 16, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:

scaritual wrote:
hahahaaa
The religious belief found in Judaism, Christianity, Baha'i, Islam, Hinduism - all religion - is nothing but speculation.
My speculation doesn't bore me.

IPSEC's speculation of illegal workers does.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Exchange 983,082
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 8 min Exchange 15,660
gay guys for fun on skype (Jan '13) 18 min Dave Matthews 4
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 24 min Anthony MN 683,628
USA Today, says Jehovah's Witnesses is the fast... (Feb '08) 56 min BORN AGAIN PAST JW 63
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 1 hr REBUKING EVIL 19
Play "End of the Word" ..... Part 2 (Dec '16) 2 hr andet1987 85
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr harsh rebukes evi... 619,688
More from around the web