Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 244793 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#218381 Mar 11, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny you should mention that.
There are more laws for the protection of monkeys than there are for the protection of unborn children.
Go figure.
Well, then your unborn should be safe, eh?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#218382 Mar 11, 2014
STOP THE INSANITY!

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS 'REVERSE RASCISM'- RASCISM IS RASCISM NO MATTER WHO'S BEING THE RASCIST!!!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#218383 Mar 11, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. still want me to defend, don't you ??..
.. that's in your game book, not mine ..
do you rotate making your posts with a monkey and don't know what the other ones say or are you just that big of a clueless hypocrite? Every post you have made to me is trying to ask me to defend

You live in a world of denial

If this is the monkey I apologize, this post is directed at HL

:)
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#218384 Mar 11, 2014
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>threads flying all of a sudden and I'm heading out soon
But let you a couples responses to the Numbers post if u get a chance to clarify
Numbers 31. Very aggressive, violent, even obscene, unless you want to pretend the Midianite virgins were merely passed around for domestic chores. INT? Relatively passive. Punishment will await those in the afterlife. The canon tends to follow reality on the ground at the time of its writing.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#218385 Mar 11, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I did, I watched the video.
He took 2 pieces off of the mousetrap and changed it into a tie clip, a paperweight or a spitwad thrower.
he buried himself because he proved that the irreducible complexity of the simple mousetrap demonstrates that if you remove one of the five components, it's no longer a mousetrap.
<quoted text>
Why? I answered you. I told you that many pieces of that arch could be removed and it'd still stand. I also told you that it's a natural thing. Learn to read entire posts.
Miller's example took an already complex system and made it less complex.

IC doesn't say anything about whether you can go from a functioning complex system to a functioning simpler one.

IC also says nothing about whether component parts can have a function.

The Behe mousetrap analogy assumes what evolution assumes - sequential addition from simple to complex.

Miller's story amounts to the same as proving a feather could evolve sequentially by taking a complete feather, stripping it, and using the shaft for a toothpick.

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#218386 Mar 11, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The term CSI and it's meaning is unfalsifiable, the accusation of certain systems of being so , such as the flagellum motor has been falsified. Above here you are playing with words and determining a meaning, but not necessarily the right meaning. Aside the fact the author is not the supreme authority , and we are discussing the authors opinion. Which mean He said she said "blah blah blah" It doesn't make anything IR.

http://www.ciliajournal.com/content/2/1/14

http://jb.asm.org/content/176/14/4219

http://www.pnas.org/content/104/17/7116.long

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2651416

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#218387 Mar 11, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm 6'3", depending on what liquor store I'm walking out of.
Buck's something like 6'6".
Safe to say, we destroyed the scarves...
Don't worry, you still have Catcher's AMEX card, yes?
.. RR tosses a coin ..

<< HL yells, "Heads up." >>

.. for years, posters have wondered why I adore Catcher, it makes no sense to them. I mean, a lesbian delighting in a heterosexual man, an ambulance-chaser to boot ??..

.. RR tosses coin. Again ..

<< HL yells, "Tails." >>

.. I also adore Buck, it's still the same coin ..

<< HL yells, "Tails." >>

.. I'm crazy mad about RR ..

.. why ??..

.. you make me think and feel, expose a part of self. I'm OK with all of you, even SKOM ..

P.S. I'm particularly partial to Catcher, it's his American Express card. Any insight into how I can obtain Buck's pin number?

Location hidden

#218389 Mar 11, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Numbers 31. Very aggressive, violent, even obscene, unless you want to pretend the Midianite virgins were merely passed around for domestic chores. INT? Relatively passive. Punishment will await those in the afterlife. The canon tends to follow reality on the ground at the time of its writing.
Its possible

It wouldn't even necessarily conflict with what I believe either as I think Jesus came at a time man was at least at a point that he would be receptive to a message of peace. Some anyway. So it would make sense if it was a more passive time comparatively speaking
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#218390 Mar 11, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Your wife seemed to like my double-wide.
I don't have a wife, dummy.

And my girlfriend isn't all that keen on hill-jacks.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#218391 Mar 11, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. RR tosses a coin ..
.. for years, posters have wondered why I adore Catcher, it makes no sense to them. I mean, a lesbian delighting in a heterosexual man, an ambulance-chaser to boot ??..
<< HL yells, "Tails." >>
<< HL yells, "Tails." >>
.. why ??..
.. you make me think and feel, expose a part of self. I'm OK with all of you, even SKOM ..
P.S. I'm particularly partial to Catcher, it's his American Express card. Any insight into how I can obtain Buck's pin number?
"The Dance Pole" in Raywick Ky has it.

Location hidden

#218392 Mar 11, 2014
Edit Chess

I mean obviously the part of whether the message was from God or made up by man conflicts but both scenarios would explain the drastic difference in teaching both in how God handled man and how man was to act and why

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#218393 Mar 11, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. SKOM is a total mess; but, sociopath? Perhaps you're more insightful than myself ??..
.. call me the cockeyed optimist; I still think there's a glimmer of hope but the ego defense system in this one is strong ..
Classical right man and egotistical maniac fueled by a wreathing slosh of fallacies most always presented by to appeal to authority and ending badly with ad hominems.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#218394 Mar 11, 2014
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Its possible
It wouldn't even necessarily conflict with what I believe either as I think Jesus came at a time man was at least at a point that he would be receptive to a message of peace. Some anyway. So it would make sense if it was a more passive time comparatively speaking
Possibly.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#218395 Mar 11, 2014
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I think he is too convinced there is some sort of central coordinated cultural ideology and message that all churches agree to perpetuate.
As we know it is much more individual than that. Even the RCC that will pretty much control that what is being taught is consistent with cannon, anything taught outside of scripture is pretty much the personal opinion of the priest
Still not sure how he thinks the church somehow creates deviant behavior but I'd imagine it is somehow connected to the overall idea that bad things are being funneled through the faith into society. In this case I honestly don't even follow the rationale
Hell yes IANS thinks that. He calls it "the church" and swears that all Christian churches teach the exact same thing. It's ludicrous.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#218396 Mar 11, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Miller's example took an already complex system and made it less complex.
IC doesn't say anything about whether you can go from a functioning complex system to a functioning simpler one.
IC also says nothing about whether component parts can have a function.
The Behe mousetrap analogy assumes what evolution assumes - sequential addition from simple to complex.
Miller's story amounts to the same as proving a feather could evolve sequentially by taking a complete feather, stripping it, and using the shaft for a toothpick.
Yessir.

Miller's obviously a fool and fooling other fools.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#218397 Mar 11, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. RR tosses a coin ..
<< HL yells, "Tails." >>
<< HL yells, "Tails." >>
.. why ??..
It's lost in translation...

Location hidden

#218398 Mar 11, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Classical right man and egotistical maniac fueled by a wreathing slosh of fallacies most always presented by to appeal to authority and ending badly with ad hominems.
LOL

I knew it wouldn't take long for your obsession with me!

You need a girlfriend

Location hidden

#218399 Mar 11, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Possibly.
im multitasking so my concentration is split

At first I was like "I'm surprised he thinks so"

But it was the 'possible' thing right?

Thought I had a convert there for a sec!

Location hidden

#218401 Mar 11, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell yes IANS thinks that. He calls it "the church" and swears that all Christian churches teach the exact same thing. It's ludicrous.
I half suspect he has kind of sold himself on that idea because he knows there would be no practical way to identify and isolate the individual churches he would consider as 'guilty' and is willing to sacrifice the good ones to get the bad ones as part of an overall good to his way of thinking. I can understand the temptation but I think for a goal to be truly noble it can't take those shortcuts. And including pedophilia is simply going too far. If he wants to attack ideas not people then do just that. Attack the idea that certain things people excuse in the name of religion is bad and those specific subjects. Don't just cast a wide net. It isn't fair and I don't even think it'd be as effective. People would embrace change when a bad way if thinking is challenged. Not nearly so much with going after everything an entire group because some people in it think that way

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#218402 Mar 11, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. SKOM is a total mess; but, sociopath? Perhaps you're more insightful than myself ??..
.. call me the cockeyed optimist; I still think there's a glimmer of hope but the ego defense system in this one is strong ..
Oh, I wasn't talking about Skom. It was either Bucky or RR.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 12 min Epiphany2 612,903
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min True Truth 864,430
The Christian Atheist debate 57 min ChristineM 1,983
White Lives MATTER 1 hr Poov 77
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr karl44 599,554
News Quiet Fight to Free American in China Jail (Nov '09) 2 hr Big Jim 55
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 3 hr sangili karuppan 7,494
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 hr dollarsbill 6,454
More from around the web