Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 254916 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#218262 Mar 11, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>So you're saying your dog and couch are smarter than you.

Got it.
Lol!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#218263 Mar 11, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
They're still trying to understand the mystery.
For some of us, that mystery makes life worth living.
But you go ahead and keep believing you have all the answers and that you'll be judged when you die.
It keeps the rest of us that much safer.
Do you not realize your post supports my point?

BB theory is valid, and we accept the "mystery" of causality.

ID theory, likewise, though you argued the opposite earlier.

Glad I won you over.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#218264 Mar 11, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There are a myriad of differences between employment and slavery.
For one, an employee can walk out in the job anytime they want and try to find another one, a slave cannot walk off the job. Some people might feel "chained" to their jobs but that's just accepting a victim's role and not assertively reacting.
As an employee, you get paid, get raised, vacation pay, sick pay, you can get promoted, etc. Slaves enjoy none of those.
An employee is free to do what they choose, a slave is like a prisoner in that there is some restraint to the slave's freedom.
As an employee, a free person, you can own things, a slave cannot.
The Bible does not condone all types of slavery. Slavery in which the slave was kidnapped or stolen (which was prevalent in the past and even today) is expressly forbidden in the Bible.
One employee I know of teaches an improvised Bible class on Topix during work hours and somehow gets away with it...

Location hidden

#218265 Mar 11, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I was born atheist.
I was indoctrinated as a child, as were most believers.
I eventually found religious beliefs to be silly, unsatisfying and contradictory to the real world as I learned more about the real world.
Then I grew back into atheism.
I lack belief in all deities.
You were not born atheist, and you have never lacked belief about deities.

If you lacked belief, you would be an agnostic.

You believe. You believe deities do not exist. That is what atheism is.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#218266 Mar 11, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad I won you over.
.. both theories rely on one ingredient - energy ..

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#218267 Mar 11, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Do you not realize your post supports my point?

Glad I won you over.
You insist on a designer, whether you have the balls to admit it or not.

I don't.

Sorry. Nice try.

(Not really. Still lame.)

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#218268 Mar 11, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. the playing field is not level, my command of the English language is superior ..
.. tell us again how, if able, you would teach me a lesson with your fists ..
.. you are a violent person ..
.. let your Stream Of Consciousness begin ..
It is always funny to listen to full grown crack babies

What are you talking about?

I never said anything about fists

I said if someone on Topix tried to ruin the real life of a poster that I also happened to be someone close to me in real life that they would learn the definition of payback

What goes around, comes around. I would see to it. Although since my close friends in real life do not post on Topix, it was a hypothetical. As much as I care about a handful of posters, that responsibility would have to fall to their own family or real life close friends

You just decided to blatantly lie? It forced me to have to explain the story which was a waste of my time really. You are something else. And it came up because you continue to stalk and use YellowDog as the butt of jokes. The person has sine issues. So what? So do you. After people tried to get her fired and called social services to stop her from being able to care for her mom, that should have been the end of it. But not for you. And you have the audacity to whine about being picked on as you continue to target this person and gossip about them having sex reassignment. You really are a hypocrite as well. I'm done engaging to on it because its one of the few things on Topix that has ever really bothered me and I'm here for fun
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#218269 Mar 11, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad I won you over.
Hey, copper scroll boy.

You ever find those scrolls?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#218270 Mar 11, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>You were not born atheist, and you have never lacked belief about deities.

You don't define me.

I do.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#218271 Mar 11, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>You were not born atheist, and you have never lacked belief about deities.

And I can assure you, when I was born, I lacked belief in deities.

So did you.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#218272 Mar 11, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying your dog and couch are smarter than you.
Got it.
So you're saying you believe being atheist makes one smarter.

Got it.

Thanks for sharing your belief. Or was that another Topix Atheist! lack of belief?

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#218273 Mar 11, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The term CSI and it's meaning is unfalsifiable, the accusation of certain systems of being so , such as the flagellum motor has been falsified. Above here you are playing with words and determining a meaning, but not necessarily the right meaning. Aside the fact the author is not the supreme authority , and we are discussing the authors opinion. Which mean He said she said "blah blah blah" It doesn't make anything IR.
Wikipedia had this to ad to Bucks article.

The paper's assumptions have been severely criticised and the conclusions it draws from its mathematical model have been both criticised and contradicted:
An essay criticised the paper for an "over-simplified the process, resulting in questionable conclusions", that "[t]heir assumptions bias their results towards more pessimistic numbers", including one assumption that is "probably false under all circumstances", another that is "probably false as a general rule" and assuming "much too high" a level of substitutions that would destroy the protein's function. It concludes "[a]nd ironically, despite these faulty assumptions, Behe and Snoke show that the probability of small multi-residue features evolving is extremely high, given the types of organisms that Behe and Snoke's model applies to."[16]
More recent research suggests that Behe and Snoke's model, and even Lynch's response, may have been "substantial underestimates" "of the rate of obtaining an adaptive combination of mutations".[17]
Biochemical analysis of the question has supported an orthodox evolutionary view and rejected Behe and Snoke's approach as an "unreasonable model which assume[s]'leaps in thin air', such as the evolution of completely novel activities via multiple and simultaneous amino acid changes".[18]

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#218274 Mar 11, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
So you ignore the Old Testament.
Good.
That's a start.
<quoted text>
.. to emasculate male posters like Aero, you change their gender and 'he' becomes 'she'..
.. we get the not so subtle attempt to disparage homosexuality but there's also a misogynistic undertone ..
.. do you realize such writing is extremely sexist ??..
Yes. Absurdly so. To mock absurd comments.

Smile.

Location hidden

#218275 Mar 11, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There are a myriad of differences between employment and slavery.
For one, an employee can walk out in the job anytime they want and try to find another one, a slave cannot walk off the job. Some people might feel "chained" to their jobs but that's just accepting a victim's role and not assertively reacting.
As an employee, you get paid, get raised, vacation pay, sick pay, you can get promoted, etc. Slaves enjoy none of those.
An employee is free to do what they choose, a slave is like a prisoner in that there is some restraint to the slave's freedom.
As an employee, a free person, you can own things, a slave cannot.
The Bible does not condone all types of slavery. Slavery in which the slave was kidnapped or stolen (which was prevalent in the past and even today) is expressly forbidden in the Bible.
That is when a man steals anothers property. The "real" slave was a mans property, and stealing one was just as bad as stealing a mans horse, cattle or gold. Why cant you get that through your head. There were slaves and indentured servants. Two classes of slavery. The bible condoned both types. The only one forbidden was to buy or sell another Israelite.

I guess you are reading the bible with rose colored glasses on.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#218276 Mar 11, 2014
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>It is always funny to listen to full grown crack babies
What are you talking about?
I never said anything about fists
I said if someone on Topix tried to ruin the real life of a poster that I also happened to be someone close to me in real life that they would learn the definition of payback
What goes around, comes around. I would see to it. Although since my close friends in real life do not post on Topix, it was a hypothetical. As much as I care about a handful of posters, that responsibility would have to fall to their own family or real life close friends
You just decided to blatantly lie? It forced me to have to explain the story which was a waste of my time really. You are something else. And it came up because you continue to stalk and use YellowDog as the butt of jokes. The person has sine issues. So what? So do you. After people tried to get her fired and called social services to stop her from being able to care for her mom, that should have been the end of it. But not for you. And you have the audacity to whine about being picked on as you continue to target this person and gossip about them having sex reassignment. You really are a hypocrite as well. I'm done engaging to on it because its one of the few things on Topix that has ever really bothered me and I'm here for fun
.. you were imprisioned because you are a violent person ..

.. instead of owning your behavior, you justify, defend and protect your false self by twisting everything around and placing blame on others in a fluid Stream of Consciousness ..

.. again, you are not on an equal playing field. I am your intellectual, emotional and spiritual superior ..

.. people don't change without change. You don't want to change so you remain violent ..

Location hidden

#218277 Mar 11, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying you believe being atheist makes one smarter.
Got it.
Thanks for sharing your belief. Or was that another Topix Atheist! lack of belief?
It means we believe what we read and the proofs of what was. No closed mind. If we read there were slaves, we actually believe there were slaves, not make up some excuse as to why they were not slaves or make up something that would give us peace of mind and sweep it under the carpet.

Location hidden

#218278 Mar 11, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You insist on a designer, whether you have the balls to admit it or not.
I don't.
Sorry. Nice try.
(Not really. Still lame.)
I don't insist on anything BB theory doesn't insist on.

You are wanting two different standards.

Location hidden

#218279 Mar 11, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, copper scroll boy.
You ever find those scrolls?
That wasn't funny before the last 300 repetitions of it.
OG Kush

Jacksonville, FL

#218280 Mar 11, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
When you start your rant with an outright lie, don't expect people to keep reading....
That all depends off the authenticity of the liar.
Lying for Jesus; is in fact; a profession.

Visit any faith healer!

http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/

Scholars have known all this for more than 200 years but priestcraft is a highly profitable business and finances an industry of deceit to keep the show on the road.

Please don't be upset double R, OG wishes you well.

Location hidden

#218281 Mar 11, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
And I can assure you, when I was born, I lacked belief in deities.
So did you.
You have no idea what you believed when you were born.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min MUQ2 28,942
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Steve 637,682
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 min Peace_Warrior 618,203
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 32 min nanoanomaly 968,818
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Card Carrying Zio... 181,915
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 280,490
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 2 hr MUQ2 4,758
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr MUQ2 44,181
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 5 hr Paul is dead 3,671
More from around the web