Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#215854 Mar 1, 2014
KiMare wrote:
Noting eye witness accounts of the same event from different men means someone is worshiping different God's?? Snicker.
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought that you considered your bible the word of a god, not the opinions of men. That would account for why it is badly written, but not why you would base your life on it.
1. What does that have to do with your stupid 'rational humanist' claim I responded to?

2. Where have I asserted anything about my belief system?

Do you understand how obvious these diversions are and how clearly they expose your 'rational humanist' oxymoron?

Smile.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#215855 Mar 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Authoritarianism is a form of government that enforced strict obedience at the expense of personal freedom. Compare a democratic regime to an authoritarian regime.
Christianity isn't a government.
Not anymore it isn't.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#215856 Mar 1, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:

.. it's not irrelevant ..
.. whether I agree or disagree with your synopsis of the bible is irrelevant ..
True but I wanted your opinion on it.
.. I'm trying to get to something here, a statement made by a friend; I'm asking for your help. If you don't want to answer, I'm OK with that but I'll try once again ..
.. who taught you that interpretation of the bible ??..
There's no "who" that taught me that. There's many "whos", including me.

It's an interpretation strengthened by over 30 years of steady Bible study.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#215857 Mar 1, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
Correct. I have a vast education.
Ya I've seen your "proof" right there on online.

Can't refute that.

"They can't put anything on the Internet that isn't true."

Location hidden

#215858 Mar 1, 2014
KiMare wrote:
Please equate the fundamental belief systems and the death counts. Smirk.
<quoted text>
the fundamental belief systems = the death counts
Ah, now the 'rational humanist' oxymoron reverts to childish playing stupid.

Damn, that's just plain embarrassing!!!

It Isn't Benny, it's Dumb and Dumber!

Snicker.

Location hidden

#215859 Mar 1, 2014
<quoted text>
Your wife? I thought you believed in one man - one woman marriages. You've got that much covered by yourself.
And now the 'rational humanist' oxymoron reverts to personal attacks to avoid a reasoned response.

Your credibility is digging a hole to China with that sink rate...

Snicker.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#215860 Mar 1, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
Jawohl, mein Kommandant.
Jowls mine Kombat to you too, my friend.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#215861 Mar 1, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
If Stalin's atheism has a god, then humanism can have a god.
Humanists are not injected with immunizing agents against narcissism, nor are they immunized against being morally wrong.
Joe Stalin and Sam Harris are both narcissists, and both morally wrong. In fact, Stalin had already adopted some of the secular humanism advocated much later by Harris. Besides Harris' advocating murdering people preemptively for their religious views, as did Stalin, he bases objective morality on human flourishing.
Joe had his ideas about human flourishing. It required the inconvenient willingness to kill, torture, and imprison a shit load of people. That was his version of secular humanism.
Harris would move more slowly, I suspect.
Nice.

I heard a whip cracking.

What's that sound? Is it crack? Snap? Wh-tch? Whop-eesh?

I think Wh-tch! works best.

Location hidden

#215862 Mar 1, 2014
<quoted text>
They are both authoritarian ideologies centered about larger than life, narcissistic, angry, genocidal personalities that demand unconditional obedience under threat of torture and death. You call Stalin an atheist because he wouldn't tolerate the worship of any other gods but himself - just like Yahweh.
Humanism, which respects freedom and free will, deplores them both, and they both deplore(d) everything that humanism stands for.
Sorry, but Stalinism is just another religion with a human god.
1. You point blank lie. Christianity doesn't threaten death.

2. You lie about Stalin. He didn't demand worship. Communism is a humanistic ideology that rejects worship.

3. The proof is in the pudding, and that is why you keep avoiding the actual comparison of outcomes. It exposes you as a 'rational humanist' oxymoron.

Now make a childish, silly stupid comment like a good atheist.

Smirk.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#215863 Mar 1, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Your response and your history is all I have to go by. Mostly your response. I referenced you a link and in response you made it about me. I follow authority. First off I follow legitimate authority. Illegitimate authority is to be resisted. Legitimate authority positions is abrogated through abuses. The link provided plus the posts by RR etc is sufficient if the material is studied. Otherwise you might explain exactly what you do not understand given the material presented. As opposed to a vague statement about following authority.
Your exchange with RR and the search of his son's backpack is an example. Evidently you do not approve and insinuate it might be an abuse of authority. On the other hand RR claims authority over his son and that includes the search of his backpack. RR knows his son and we do not. RR is responsible for his son and we are not.
The Redneck is brainwashed, by religion.

You are also brainwashed, by the military.

Your authoritarian personality, coupled with the brainwashing, makes you perfect for the military/Christianity complex.

Location hidden

#215864 Mar 1, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. I have a vast education.
LOL.

Yeah, that's real obvious...

Snicker.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#215865 Mar 1, 2014
<quoted text>
You've got that nanny state stuff backwards. Nannies tell you who can't have an abortion, who can't get birth control through their health insurance, who can't marry who, who can't end their own lives or get help doing so, etc..
Liberals support freedom in all of those areas.
Liberals oppose freedom. You are confusing freedom with radical autonomy and escape from responsibility in the case of abortion, and entitlement to other peoples money in the case of free birth control.

Worded properly, liberals are for a Nanny State, shirking of responsibility, and the right to confiscate the property of others.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#215866 Mar 1, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Not anymore it isn't.
See Romans 13.

http://mobile.biblegateway.com/passage/...

Location hidden

#215867 Mar 1, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Not anymore it isn't.
When was it?

Was it two years ago when Obama opposed same-sex marriage?

Long Beach, CA

#215868 Mar 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. You're saying "I trust you but I'm always watching and protecting you".
I think a parent have every right to know their kid's business and to be a part of it. I have 100% access to their computers and idevices (none of which have Internet service, except when they're in a free wifi area). They have no lock on their door and never will.
If they or anyone ekes sees is as distrust, that's their problem. I see it as protecting. Kids will not tell you everything no matter what agreement or trust you think you have with them.
I employ a very open platform for kids and have even rewarded them for honesty when they've done something wrong and copped to it.
<quoted text>
I totally agree with you here. Openness, honesty and security builds a strong and lasting relationship between parent and child.
Good strategy, Redneck.

But remember, if all else fails, beat the crap out of your kids.

It's the 'Merkin way, isn't it?

Long Beach, CA

#215869 Mar 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Too big of a word for ya?
No, it's easy word.

I don't understand the relevance though.

In other words, what the f*ck are you talking about?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#215871 Mar 1, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good strategy, Redneck.
But remember, if all else fails, beat the crap out of your kids.
It's the 'Merkin way, isn't it?
Dunno, I've never beat the crap outta my kids.

What's it like?
tricki

Philadelphia, PA

#215873 Mar 1, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
When a book is proven to contain lies and errors it's entire contents is suspect.
'John' is proven to be full of errors and lies.
Only deluded people that think "The Bible" was written by God argue against that FACT.
"The Bible" didn't exist until 300 years after Jesus died.
liar. no proof
tricki

Philadelphia, PA

#215874 Mar 1, 2014
what is true in the bible? anything? don't answer. think.

Location hidden

#215875 Mar 1, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Moses lived on the same street as my sister.
I loved him in "Planet of the Apes".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 16 min Lumajuice 777,403
women should be slaves to men (Dec '13) 20 min Lumajuice 32
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 20 min mike 605,271
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 53 min Rick in Kansas 265,372
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Student 39,365
What Is Right With the USA 1 hr UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 6
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr June VanDerMark 560,139
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Freebird USA 175,775
More from around the web