Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 247683 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

tricki

Philadelphia, PA

#215876 Mar 1, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. They are both authoritarian ideologies centered about larger than life, narcissistic, angry, genocidal personalities that demand unconditional obedience under threat of torture and death. You call Stalin an atheist because he wouldn't tolerate the worship of any other gods but himself - just like Yahweh.
Humanism, which respects freedom and free will, deplores them both, and they both deplore(d) everything that humanism stands for.
Sorry, but Stalinism is just another religion with a human god.
god is larger than life. you are narcissistic, he is not genocidal and he has never demanded anything resembling unconditional obedience. stalin wasn't worthy of sqwat. god is worthy to be adored.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#215877 Mar 1, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh. I'm so sorry, Darwin's Pecker Flecker.
Just to remind you...
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I conclude from being on this thread the the quantity of hate people will pour onto a person is directly proportional to his effectiveness at annihilating their arguments.
Thanx for the hate, Buck.
Buck Crick wrote:
So the high gas prices and high taxes in California are made up by Fox.
Did I say they were? No, but they are right wing talking points, a very simplistic view of the issues. For example, among other things the higher taxes in CA pay for what is arguably the finest higher education system in the world.

Oh...sorry...I forgot you hate all them edumacated people.
Buck Crick wrote:
For sure, then, Detroit's bankruptcy was also made up by Fox. That Liberal Laboratory of Economics was actually a glowing success!!
Buck, you are engaging in an argument of the excluded middle. You are saying that because Fox sometimes tells the truth, they always tell the truth. So you are claiming that it is either all lies or all truth?

You aren't very good at logic, are you. Idiot.
Buck Crick wrote:
My sincere apologies to you and the moonbats of California. I should have gone out there myself so I would know they have low taxes and low gas prices, and not many illegal Mexicans driving drunk.
Ah...and Buck throws in a bit of racism besides.
Buck Crick wrote:
Thanks, man. Any more of my naive assumptions you would like to dispell?
Don't tell me. Obama didn't tell us we could keep our health plan!
Damn you Fox!!!
Oh, my. A tiny percentage can't keep their health plan...because it doesn't meet the standards. So in a very rhetorical way, yeah...Obama wasn't on the mark. But then, there are all those reports coming out of right wing sites that turn out to be actors telling stories that never happened.

Nah...no dishonesty coming out of conservatives.[/sarcasm]

Oh, and there is that Fox News report about ACA destroying 2 million jobs. Pure BS. Straight from Fox News.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#215878 Mar 1, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh. I'm so sorry, Darwin's Pecker Flecker.
So the high gas prices and high taxes in California are made up by Fox.
For sure, then, Detroit's bankruptcy was also made up by Fox. That Liberal Laboratory of Economics was actually a glowing success!!
My sincere apologies to you and the moonbats of California. I should have gone out there myself so I would know they have low taxes and low gas prices, and not many illegal Mexicans driving drunk.
Thanks, man. Any more of my naive assumptions you would like to dispell?
Don't tell me. Obama didn't tell us we could keep our health plan!
Damn you Fox!!!
BTW...

I notice you didn't respond to this bit of Fox lies...

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...

Is that because you know Fox was being dishonest and admitting it would destroy your narrative?

You ought to watch the Daily Show. They pwn Fox News nearly every night, showing some bit of dishonesty Fox has presented. You wouldn't even have to watch the whole show. The first segment is usually enough.

It is really sad when a fake news show gets it right far more often than a "real" news show.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#215879 Mar 1, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
No, it's easy word.
I don't understand the relevance though.
In other words, what the f*ck are you talking about?
You're getting angry. Never mind.

“Whispered Tales of Immortality”

Since: May 07

The Sacred River Alph

#215880 Mar 1, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to remind you...
<quoted text>
Thanx for the hate, Buck.
<quoted text>
Did I say they were? No, but they are right wing talking points, a very simplistic view of the issues. For example, among other things the higher taxes in CA pay for what is arguably the finest higher education system in the world.
Oh...sorry...I forgot you hate all them edumacated people.
<quoted text>
Buck, you are engaging in an argument of the excluded middle. You are saying that because Fox sometimes tells the truth, they always tell the truth. So you are claiming that it is either all lies or all truth?
You aren't very good at logic, are you. Idiot.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Oh, my. A tiny percentage can't keep their health plan...because it doesn't meet the standards. So in a very rhetorical way, yeah...Obama wasn't on the mark. But then, there are all those reports coming out of right wing sites that turn out to be actors telling stories that never happened.
Nah...no dishonesty coming out of conservatives.[/sarcasm]
Oh, and there is that Fox News report about ACA destroying 2 million jobs. Pure BS. Straight from Fox News.
The tiny percentage equates to 5-10 million people. Most of whom are hardworking middle class Americans.

Have you seen this?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#215881 Mar 1, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
Racism?! It's racist to call an illegal Mexican and illegal Mexican?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#215883 Mar 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Dunno, I've never beat the crap outta my kids.
What's it like?
Why don't you ask the wife you hit?

She has suffered the experience.

I can only imagine how horrible it must be.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#215884 Mar 1, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
That's actually coming from the CBO, the Congressional Budget Office.

"The CBO estimated that by 2017, there would be the equivalent of about 2 million fewer workers than there would be in the absence of the law [ACA]."

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state...

So what if Fox reported it? So did CNN, ABC, the Wall Street Journal, politifact, USA Today, the Washington Post, MSN and a plethora of other news agencies.

Are they all "pure BS"?

Long Beach, CA

#215885 Mar 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're getting angry. Never mind.
Pastor Catcher is gentle and kind.

Pastor Catcher knows not anger.

Yes, there is frustration with ignorant buffoons who waste 30 years of their life studying a book written by goatherders, and who lack health insurance coverage, and who resort to violence to resolve their personal issues.

This frustration is, I believe, understandable and justified.

But anger? Not at all, Redneck.

No anger--life is good!
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#215887 Mar 1, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert J. Bentley
"I will ensure that Alabama does not follow the trend of allowing gay marriages or civil unions, and I will protect our state's right to define marriage as between one man and one woman. I support the Defense of Marriage Act, affirming the right of states not to recognize same-sex marriages licensed in other states. Alabamians should work together to protect traditional marriage. The two-parent family provides the best environment of stability, discipline, responsibility, and character."
"Abortion is a fundamental assault on the sanctity of innocent human life. I will ensure that abortion in Alabama is limited only to cases in which the mother's life is in danger. I will oppose using public revenues to promote or perform abortion. As Governor, I will protect young girls from exploitation and statutory rape by requiring parental notification before a minor may obtain an abortion."
As Governor, he will protect young girls from rape by requiring parental notification before an abortion occurs.
Holyfuckinhell.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =9QGMz9beIL0XX
Thats ALA-INBRED-BAMA for ya..

Their girly men are so pathetic they even outlawed vibrators
LLL

“The Edge”

Since: Dec 10

Of Tomorow

#215888 Mar 1, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Redneck is brainwashed, by religion.
You are also brainwashed, by the military.
Your authoritarian personality, coupled with the brainwashing, makes you perfect for the military/Christianity complex.
Military/Christianity complex?
That's stretching it a bit me thinks.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#215889 Mar 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Authoritarianism is a form of government that enforced strict obedience at the expense of personal freedom. Compare a democratic regime to an authoritarian regime.
Christianity isn't a government.
It is and has been in many countries.

First and foremost is the country called The Vatican.

Why do you constantly lie ?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#215890 Mar 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Racism?! It's racist to call an illegal Mexican and illegal Mexican?
We called you a racist for referring to black people as "monkeys".
You even admitted to being a racist.
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#215891 Mar 1, 2014
Jacob wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, how do you explain everything got here? Just asking. If the Big Bang Theory (key word- THEORY) is real, then what was there before the Big Bang? There has to have been some sort of bomb to explode. So, how did the bomb get there? I'm just wondering how the heck you explain it all.
Another one from Bible Belt??

Long Beach, CA

#215892 Mar 1, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Military/Christianity complex?
That's stretching it a bit me thinks.
Yeah, it is. I was playing a bit with Ike's warning.

“The Edge”

Since: Dec 10

Of Tomorow

#215893 Mar 1, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
When was it?
Was it two years ago when Obama opposed same-sex marriage?
I don't mean the United States , I mean there are no Christian Theocracy's anymore.
But they have existed.

Long Beach, CA

#215894 Mar 1, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
We called you a racist for referring to black people as "monkeys".
You even admitted to being a racist.
And in any case, what's an "illegal Mexican" other than a slur?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#215895 Mar 1, 2014
KiMare wrote:
North Korea is currently the best example of a pure humanist country at this point in history. SMile.
North Korea is an authoritarian regime that is indistinguishable from any theocracy except that the role of the god is filled by a human being that is considered divine. It is just as brutal as the last Christian theocracy or as a Muslim theocracy today.

Murderous authoritarian regimes like the North Koreans and Christian theocracies detest humanists, and we don't think much of either of you, either.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#215896 Mar 1, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Your response and your history is all I have to go by. Mostly your response. I referenced you a link and in response you made it about me. I follow authority. First off I follow legitimate authority. Illegitimate authority is to be resisted. Legitimate authority positions is abrogated through abuses. The link provided plus the posts by RR etc is sufficient if the material is studied. Otherwise you might explain exactly what you do not understand given the material presented. As opposed to a vague statement about following authority.
Your exchange with RR and the search of his son's backpack is an example. Evidently you do not approve and insinuate it might be an abuse of authority. On the other hand RR claims authority over his son and that includes the search of his backpack. RR knows his son and we do not. RR is responsible for his son and we are not.
.. sometimes it's good to follow authority, other times not so much ..

.. the insights RR posted are his beliefs; Buck will differ with him and Ben will differ with Buck. Who is correct ??..

.. ultimately aren't we each our own final authority ??..

.. when I was a bit younger, a wise friend told me, "Every belief you have was placed there by an authority figure." For the past 15 years, I've hashed and re-hashed that statement. Is it true? What do you think ??..
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#215897 Mar 1, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
When a book is proven to contain lies and errors it's entire contents is suspect.
'John' is proven to be full of errors and lies.
Only deluded people that think "The Bible" was written by God argue against that FACT.
"The Bible" didn't exist until 300 years after Jesus died.
The “Word of God,” existed long before the “Bible.”

Thankfully you don’t know what you’re talking about.

And there are no errors in the Bible, none, zilch. Only maligned interpretations from people who know nothing about it except what they have read on a Atheist web site.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Catholic24 603,717
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 2 min The swamiji 7,695
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min It aint necessari... 881,436
The Christian Atheist debate 4 min Stilgar Fifrawi 4,113
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min Pegasus 272,912
Has anyone ever heard of the Coudenhoven-Kalerg... 19 min Truthiness 7
News The Latest: Husband: Kentucky clerk is 'standin... 42 min WasteWater 25
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 47 min WasteWater 8,382
More from around the web