Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 254988 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#216028 Mar 1, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. Harris and IANS (Hitchens is dead), and a lot of atheists do not hate Christians at all. They lack hate for Christians equally.
<quoted text>
When we attain majority status, we will endeavor to kill less, not more. You'll be better protected and enjoy the fruits of a more competent government that doesn't waste time trying to reconcile superstition with reality.
<quoted text>
I agree. It may be ethical to kill people, under certain circumstances, to protect yourself or others, for what those people are almost guaranteed to do, for the beliefs that they hold.
<quoted text>
I'd like an order of context, make it a paragraph please. No fries, no drink.
<quoted text>
Do you think you're making sense?
The Redneck felt the need to slip in the word "mongrel."

The rest of the last paragraph was just window dressing.

"Mongrel" is the latest mantra for the racists, under the leadership of Ted Nugent.

Since: Jan 11

United States

#216029 Mar 1, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
You really should consider the degrees of "no". Obama has actually tried very hard on a number of issues to find a compromise with the Repubs. The only answer he has gotten has been NO.
Now admittedly, there are some things the Dems are not willing to compromise on, but it certainly isn't every...single...issue.(Or near enough to every single issue.)
And I consider it a bad thing "Thats how these games work now-a-days". But "compromise" has become a filthy word in the Repub lexicon.
And ACA was modeled after Mitt Romney's Massachusetts health care plan. It is also very similar to the Repubs' counter proposal to Clinton's health care plan. So, yes, it was a Repub plan initially.
That is what I am seeing, that the ACA has a lot of Republican DNA.

Romney vetoed the mandate, but signed it anyway after his veto was overridden. Later he said "I'm proud of what we've done. If Massachusetts succeeds in implementing it, then that will be the model for the nation."

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#216030 Mar 1, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I said no such thing. I said homosexuality is a mating behavior birth defect.
Do you know what mating behavior is? Or the evolutionary purpose???
Do some research and get back.
Smile snort.
This is what you said:
There it is folks ~ The 'rational humanist' who sounds like a bully bigot.

Ss couples are still a defect of mating behavior making ss marriage an oxymoron.

Anal sex is still inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.

Smirk.

Defect, defect defect. You said it . You deny it and this is your post. And you are right I know about sex, had four children. But people marry all the time with no intention of having any kids, even tho they are able. What people do in their bedrooms is none of my business nor yours.....You want to go into your friends homes and see what they are up to at night? So you can condemn them? I guarantee that they are not just doing the missionary position. So I guess everybody is defective.. Are you jealous you never got off your back and tried anything else? So you want to persecute everybody else?

You are a joke?

Hearty laugh

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

Opal-Hearted Land

#216031 Mar 1, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get to boss me around. You goddam Christ-Stain.
That's all that one knows. Oh, and attempting to play the victim.

United States

#216032 Mar 1, 2014
River Tam wrote:
His staff comforts him. Hopefully, his bush doesn't burn.
Pharaoh, let my people go... to the adult book store!

United States

#216033 Mar 1, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
Was it a republican plan to force it on America defined as a tax? With it passing without going through the house first? In short that is violating the rules and breaching the laws we govern ourselves with.
This is from the wiki page I'm reading.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patient_Protecti...

"On November 7, the House of Representatives passed the Affordable Health Care for America Act on a 220–215 vote and forwarded it to the Senate for passage"

United States

#216034 Mar 1, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
This is from the wiki page I'm reading.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patient_Protecti...
"On November 7, the House of Representatives passed the Affordable Health Care for America Act on a 220–215 vote and forwarded it to the Senate for passage"
Sorry Aura.

I wasn't done reading.

This act ain't that act.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#216035 Mar 1, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
That's all that one knows. Oh, and attempting to play the victim.
He is a victim of his own ego.

United States

#216036 Mar 1, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
Was it a republican plan to force it on America defined as a tax? With it passing without going through the house first? In short that is violating the rules and breaching the laws we govern ourselves with.
I see what they did now.

The Senate utilized a bill that had already been passed by the House. They revised it to work for health care reform. Eventually the House did pass the Senate bill.

An Executive Order and the Reconciliation Process was used to get it all worked out.

This is very far from ideal.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#216037 Mar 1, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I see what they did now.
The Senate utilized a bill that had already been passed by the House. They revised it to work for health care reform. Eventually the House did pass the Senate bill.
An Executive Order and the Reconciliation Process was used to get it all worked out.
This is very far from ideal.
The problem with it isn't what it stands for, it's the way the government attached things to it, and made it a tax that means fines for non compliance. Never before have Americans been forced to buy a service or pay a fine. The other problem is the timing, I see it as just another way the government to make revenue, which means they aren't really concerned about you, but are about your money. We are fast losing freedom here, and we're soon to wake up with none.
If the government was really concerned about you and your health, they would have mandated a flat rate and footed the bill themselves, but as it is the government has raided all the money set for SS medicaid and has their claws firmly in us now. This is nothing more than another unsustainable pyramid scheme, that produces money from fines for them.

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#216038 Mar 1, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with it isn't what it stands for, it's the way the government attached things to it, and made it a tax that means fines for non compliance. Never before have Americans been forced to buy a service or pay a fine. The other problem is the timing, I see it as just another way the government to make revenue, which means they aren't really concerned about you, but are about your money. We are fast losing freedom here, and we're soon to wake up with none.
If the government was really concerned about you and your health, they would have mandated a flat rate and footed the bill themselves, but as it is the government has raided all the money set for SS medicaid and has their claws firmly in us now. This is nothing more than another unsustainable pyramid scheme, that produces money from fines for them.
My good friend Aura, I believe you paint with too broad a brush when you indict "the government."

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#216039 Mar 1, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Redneck felt the need to slip in the word "mongrel."
The rest of the last paragraph was just window dressing.
"Mongrel" is the latest mantra for the racists, under the leadership of Ted Nugent.

"Here I come again now baby
Like a dog in heat
Tell it's me by the clamor now baby
I like to tear up the street

And I been smokin for so long
You know I'm here to stay
Got you in a stranglehold baby
You best get outta the way"

~ Ted Nugent

Strangehold baby...

Texas?

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#216040 Mar 1, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I've started to look into this "Obamacare" thing.
The quickest way may be to watch Fox News and just believe the opposite of everything they say.
LOL

#216041 Mar 1, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I've started to look into this "Obamacare" thing.
The quickest way may be to watch Fox News and just believe the opposite of everything they say.
The biggest savings in health care costs will be that poor people will no longer require emergency room visits to get treatment. They will be able to get treatment in a doctors office for the vast majority of ills, plus they will get preventative medicine which will save bunches.

That is, if their states will sign onto the expansion of Medicaid...which a number of Republican controlled states have refused to do. Georgia's governor is even suggesting that poor people should even be excluded from the emergency room care they currently have.

Republicans seem to think that providing medical care for everyone is an evil thing. Especially since it passed under Obama.

#216042 Mar 1, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what you said:
There it is folks ~ The 'rational humanist' who sounds like a bully bigot.
Ss couples are still a defect of mating behavior making ss marriage an oxymoron.
Anal sex is still inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.
Smirk.
Defect, defect defect. You said it . You deny it and this is your post. And you are right I know about sex, had four children. But people marry all the time with no intention of having any kids, even tho they are able. What people do in their bedrooms is none of my business nor yours.....You want to go into your friends homes and see what they are up to at night? So you can condemn them? I guarantee that they are not just doing the missionary position. So I guess everybody is defective.. Are you jealous you never got off your back and tried anything else? So you want to persecute everybody else?
You are a joke?
Hearty laugh
Notice that quite a few of our theists are big on denial.

And that's not the river in Africa.

#216043 Mar 1, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
My good friend Aura, I believe you paint with too broad a brush when you indict "the government."
I have notice that AM seems to share a number of positions with the Tea Party.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#216044 Mar 1, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
I have notice that AM seems to share a number of positions with the Tea Party.
Conservative , not tea party. They're a little bit to radically far off center for me, with ideas of overthrow Roe vs Wade religion etc.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#216045 Mar 1, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
The Redneck is brainwashed, by religion. You are also brainwashed, by the military. Your authoritarian personality, coupled with the brainwashing, makes you perfect for the military/Christianity complex.

“Finding the occasional straw of truth awash in a great ocean of confusion and bamboozle requires intelligence, vigilance, dedication, and courage. But if we don't practice these tough habits of thought, we cannot hope to solve the truly serious problems that face us --- and we risk becoming a nation of suckers, up for grabs by the next charlatan who comes along.”- Carl Sagan

This is true on an individual level - the intellectually indolent become victims. But it's also tru at a group level. People that refuse to try - people that simply acquiesce to what sounds authoritative - when accumulated in sufficiently large numbers, put the rest of us at risk as well.
virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#216046 Mar 2, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah. So if a gal gave you a hand job, you'd call it sex.
Weird.
If anybody got off, it was sex.

#216047 Mar 2, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Conservative , not tea party. They're a little bit to radically far off center for me, with ideas of overthrow Roe vs Wade religion etc.
Are you saying the Tea Party is not conservative? Some of the Tea Party's big issues are guns, low taxes and small government.

You may not be a Tea Party-er, but you still share some positions with them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Bongo 30,128
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 4 min MUQ2 43,926
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 53 min Barnsweb 18,499
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr truth 638,092
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr truth 181,966
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr MUQ2 280,526
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 4 hr truth 269
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr macumazahn 968,910
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 7 hr An NFL Fan 38,053
More from around the web