Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 239499 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Filia Spartacus”

Since: Jun 13

Libertas

#215581 Feb 27, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan likes it that you think it's silly.
Just sayin....
<quoted text>
.. hi ya Chris ..
.. humans are akin to three-headed dragons with the middle head having to make the ultimate decisions ..
.. the left head (Satan if you will) says, "Go ahead, it will be fun" ..
.. the right head (Higher Self if you will) says, " That's wrong, don't do it" ..
.. and, there you sit, caught in the middle of the drama, both dragon heads yowling instructions ..
.. what to do, what to do ??..
.. does this daily drama have anything to do with belief or unbelief? Or, is it simply a manifestation of the human condition ??..
.. anyway, when it comes to sex, my left head always wins. Can I blame it on Satan ??..
Sounds like Jiminy Cricket.
:-)

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#215582 Feb 27, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope not. Especially when they're whispering things like "Beat me in the face with the Buck Member."
Ah, right. Those sweet nothings go in one ear and straight out the other. Nothing to impede them.

“Filia Spartacus”

Libertas

#215583 Feb 27, 2014
scaritual wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sex?!
o.O
If you're with a woman, you can't have sex.
Third base isn't "sex".
Sorry...
<quoted text>
Pay no attention to Ar aR in this matter.
He's *slow*.
True. There is more to sex than sticking it in, although I wouldn't expect a man like RR to know that.

“Filia Spartacus”

Libertas

#215584 Feb 27, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
I have heard haiku defined as 3 lines with a total of 17 syllables. I prefer the stricter definition of 5-7-5 syllables. It looks like you do as well.
I've written a few of them. They're easier to do than rhyming poetry.

“Filia Spartacus”

Libertas

#215585 Feb 27, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, Siro/Rio/etc/etc....
Your hate has revealed you for who you are-- and I'm so going to get this sock banned too.
Enjoy it while you are able-- you'll be gone, soon enough.
LMAO!
Siro's back.

LOLOLOL!!!

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#215586 Feb 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
We?!
You are the *only* Humanist here. At least the only person claiming to be one.
Have you ever seen any other poster besides you that says they're a Humanist?
All we've got is a bunch of opinionated, retarded, fact-hating, Christian-hating Topix Atheists! here.
And Blob.
I'll hold up my hand. Secular humanism looks like a logical progression to me.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#215587 Feb 27, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
I'm a humanist, and so are Hiding, HL, Scar, Double Fine, and I'm sure many others.
BTW, a high school graduate is unlikely to use the word "retarded" to refer to those who disagree with his views.
I say you don't have a high school diploma.
I'm humanish.

“The future begins”

every moment

#215588 Feb 27, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if they ever pulled DNA from those corpses in that tomb they found.

BTW - I thought the book was a great read and very informative.

Cheers!
Yup. I'd put it in the top three, or four, or.......;)

“The future begins”

every moment

#215589 Feb 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-huh.... If I say there are more blacks in prison than whites, all of a sudden the claim is made that I hate blacks.
I wouldn't say you hate blacks (based just on that) but if you stated that as if it meant anything without any analysis as to how that comes to be, I'd say it shows you willfully ignorant. I didn't say ignorant, I said willfully ignorant. Part of your stock-in-trade is to take a shallow reading of a bare factoid or select quote and pretend they inform anything more of substance beyond that bare factoid or quote. That is willful ignorance. A greatest hits compilation could be called, "Stupid As I Wanna Be."

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#215590 Feb 27, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm humanish.
Sorry, I forgot you, and Aerobatty, and Karl.

“The future begins”

every moment

#215591 Feb 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus doesn't use those exact words, but He doesn't have to.
"Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.”
"before Abraham was born, I am!"
A married man can tell you he's married without saying "I'm married". He can say "Meet my wife" or "Today's is our wedding anniversary" or "I'm her husband". No matter which of those he says, you quote clearly understand that he's married.
There are many verses in the Bible where Jesus refers to Himself as God. There are many, many more where other refer to Him as God.
To my knowledge they are all in John.

John's Gospel was written as much as a century after Jesus' death, when the wagons had been circled, the lines were drawn, and everybody knew what the issues were. John was written with an agenda clearly in mind. It was written specifically to address all the weaknesses present in the earlier attempts to deify a poor ol' itinerant rebel preacherman called Yeshua.

That's why the most popular quotes allegedly uttered by Jesus are almost exclusively from John. All the others are too wishy-washy on the subject. John gives Christians the separation they so deeply crave. Paul may be the godfather of Christian exclusion, but John is the king.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#215592 Feb 27, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm humanish.
Is that more like a Spanish or a radish? heheheh

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#215593 Feb 27, 2014
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>To my knowledge they are all in John.
John's Gospel was written as much as a century after Jesus' death, when the wagons had been circled, the lines were drawn, and everybody knew what the issues were. John was written with an agenda clearly in mind. It was written specifically to address all the weaknesses present in the earlier attempts to deify a poor ol' itinerant rebel preacherman called Yeshua.
That's why the most popular quotes allegedly uttered by Jesus are almost exclusively from John. All the others are too wishy-washy on the subject. John gives Christians the separation they so deeply crave. Paul may be the godfather of Christian exclusion, but John is the king.
The Gospel of John is so full if errors about Judaism and out right lies that it is a disgrace to everything that the Jesus of Mark and Matthew taught.
Curiously, it is the favorite (sometimes only) Gospel of Christians.

Without the Gospel of John (which is actually a 'Gnostic' text) Modern Christianity would collapse.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#215594 Feb 27, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Gospel of John is so full if errors about Judaism and out right lies that it is a disgrace to everything that the Jesus of Mark and Matthew taught.
Curiously, it is the favorite (sometimes only) Gospel of Christians.
Without the Gospel of John (which is actually a 'Gnostic' text) Modern Christianity would collapse.
Listening to you critique the bible is like a Gibbon (Hylobatidae) trying to teach a college Physics class.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#215595 Feb 27, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I forgot you, and Aerobatty, and Karl.
You're the only person I know who names their chickens after people.

Man get those chickens off your desk.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#215596 Feb 27, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Listening to you critique the bible is like a Gibbon (Hylobatidae) trying to teach a college Physics class.
I'd suggest that you try securing an education from a secular institution.

#215597 Feb 27, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
WeŽll have a little cleaning up to do to get back into compliance with that.
I see that Buck has leaped to the defense of Ehrman. No big surprise there. Buck defends every Christian apologist that is mentioned on these pages. Even though Buck claims to not be Christian.

BTW...the Wiki page on the Historicity of Jesus starts off with the warning...

"The neutrality of this article is disputed."

You will note that the theists citing this Wiki page failed to mention that little fact. As you have recently pointed out, there is a reason Christian apologists are not trusted.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#215598 Feb 27, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>I see that Buck has leaped to the defense of Ehrman. No big surprise there. Buck defends every Christian apologist that is mentioned on these pages. Even though Buck claims to not be Christian.

BTW...the Wiki page on the Historicity of Jesus starts off with the warning...

"The neutrality of this article is disputed."

You will note that the theists citing this Wiki page failed to mention that little fact. As you have recently pointed out, there is a reason Christian apologists are not trusted.
I see you attacking everything but the argument, pumpkin!
Only able to play the little 8itch role, right?

#215599 Feb 27, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope not. Especially when they're whispering things like "Beat me in the face with the Buck Member."
You're making Dave jealous. Dave wants you all to himself.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#215600 Feb 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
We?! You are the *only* Humanist here. At least the only person claiming to be one. Have you ever seen any other poster besides you that says they're a Humanist?
Jesus Tapdancing Christ On A Cracker
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/cayleymac/med...
RiversideRedneck wrote:
All we've got is a bunch of opinionated, retarded, fact-hating, Christian-hating Topix Atheists! here.
Are you complaining that you don't get the respect you deserve?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 20 min Turkey 839,983
The Art of Choosing the Right Driving School 1 hr gpsdrivingschool 1
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 1 hr Paul is dead 1966 3,084
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 2 hr Timeitwassaid 466
SIEMENS SERVIS LEVENT (O2I2) 342 OO 24 ) Siemen... 2 hr siemenswr 1
Kalite ileri Teknoloji SIEMENS ( 342 00 24 ) AK... 2 hr siemenswr 1
Want Voip Billing Reseller Service? 3 hr cloudastrix 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr Liam 590,800
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 hr Mr Ironhart 4,636
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr Jarring 100,083
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 10 hr Serah 612,216
More from around the web