Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258484 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#215798 Mar 1, 2014
Jacob wrote:
<quoted text>
How are you not a Christian now? I feel so bad for you. Seriously, I'm not being sarcastic or anything.
You should feel bad for me, but not for the reasons you think.

I went from being married to the daughter of a multi-millionaire at the start of one weekend to losing her and being in jail in Georgia on Monday.

Another week, I went from a pro contract with the Cincinnati Bengals to driving a forklift for $6.50 and hour. I was also shot twice. But that part didn't hurt.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#215799 Mar 1, 2014
KiMare'a wrote;
Calm down, you are having a silly hissy fit.

Your claim is that an imposed, violent dictatorship equates to Christianity.

That is a comparison of here and now tangible facts, not your ignorant, distorted view of the unknown.

Now, back it up. The fundamental basis of Christianity is choice.

SMile.
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get to boss me around. You goddam Christ-Stain.
And the sissy goes foul and runs...

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#215800 Mar 1, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree with his views.
I also think he is unworthy of respect, and he is a raving idiot who could only be elected by a collection of raving idiots.
But if you guys want $15 gas, all your earnings going to taxes and public employee pensions, and Mexicans over-running your state, go ahead. The smart ones among you have already moved to Texas.
Buck, could you give us some more right wing rants?

You watch watch way too much Fox News.

(Which means you watch ANY Fox News. And that explains in part why you can't tell BS from reality.)

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#215801 Mar 1, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
I'm a liberal.
I'm not in debt.
I'm generous.
I will buy you a one-way ticket to Texas.
Send it to 1234 FuckOff St. Riverside, CA.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#215802 Mar 1, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>

You don't get to boss me around. You goddam Christ-Stain.
Shut your pie hole and get me a cup of coffee. Two sugars.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#215803 Mar 1, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
So that it why you have to bash people into submission to your cult ?
"Join us orbe tortured for eternity anfter we kill you!" --Christianity
I bet you consider raping a woman at gun point a choice on the woman's part..
Uh-huh.

Join orbe religion anfter lunch.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#215804 Mar 1, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You should feel bad for me, but not for the reasons you think.
I went from being married to the daughter of a multi-millionaire at the start of one weekend to losing her and being in jail in Georgia on Monday.
Another week, I went from a pro contract with the Cincinnati Bengals to driving a forklift for $6.50 and hour. I was also shot twice. But that part didn't hurt.
Are you pushing that "Joe King" BS again?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#215805 Mar 1, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
Parents should refrain from hitting their babies.
It's a poor start if you don't.
Parents should refrain from sending their kids halfway round the world.

It's a poor choice if you do.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#215806 Mar 1, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you will have to tell me when Jesus really meant it when he referred to people as gods and sons of God, and when he meant something different. And you will have to square that with him denying the charge of claiming to be uniquely a son of God to get off the hook and avoid being stoned.
You will also have to square it with him telling mortal followers they could do everything he did and even greater things. That would include doing things greater than being the atonement for all sins of mankind throughout eternity.
You will also have to square that with his followers, after Jesus' death, traveling to Paul's churches and trying to unwind the Jesus-as-Atoner message he was preaching.
Excellent post.

Why can't you be this clear and succinct more often ?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#215807 Mar 1, 2014
"Jobs for every American is doomed to failure because of modern automation and production. We ought to recognize it and create an income-maintenance system so every single American has the dignity and the wherewithal for shelter, basic food, and medical care. I'm talking about welfare for all. Without it, you're going to have warfare for all."
Catcher1 wrote:
Hear, hear!
I figured you'd like that nonsense.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#215808 Mar 1, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. would you read your child's diary ??..
Yeah. I read my girlfriend's once.

Went home and punched Fountain in the mouth.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#215809 Mar 1, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:

.. would you read your child's diary ??..
If I suspected him of doing wrong, yes.

I do regular and random searches of my boy's room, backpacks and other belongings.

They can't hide nuttin from me.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#215810 Mar 1, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:

Then you will have to tell me when Jesus really meant it when he referred to people as gods and sons of God, and when he meant something different. And you will have to square that with him denying the charge of claiming to be uniquely a son of God to get off the hook and avoid being stoned.
You will also have to square it with him telling mortal followers they could do everything he did and even greater things. That would include doing things greater than being the atonement for all sins of mankind throughout eternity.
You will also have to square that with his followers, after Jesus' death, traveling to Paul's churches and trying to unwind the Jesus-as-Atoner message he was preaching.
Don't worry, I've got a lot to square with to God.

I'm not looking forward to my judgement day.

I'm confident, but I know God's gonna have some tough questions for me.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#215811 Mar 1, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Buck, could you give us some more right wing rants?
You watch watch way too much Fox News.
(Which means you watch ANY Fox News. And that explains in part why you can't tell BS from reality.)
Oh. I'm so sorry, Darwin's Pecker Flecker.

So the high gas prices and high taxes in California are made up by Fox.

For sure, then, Detroit's bankruptcy was also made up by Fox. That Liberal Laboratory of Economics was actually a glowing success!!

My sincere apologies to you and the moonbats of California. I should have gone out there myself so I would know they have low taxes and low gas prices, and not many illegal Mexicans driving drunk.

Thanks, man. Any more of my naive assumptions you would like to dispell?

Don't tell me. Obama didn't tell us we could keep our health plan!

Damn you Fox!!!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#215812 Mar 1, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. who taught you that ??..
http://dailyexegesis.blogspot.com/2014/02/i-s...

For one.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#215813 Mar 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry, I've got a lot to square with to God.
I'm not looking forward to my judgement day.
I'm confident, but I know God's gonna have some tough questions for me.
I know what you mean - tough questions.

I'm contantly afraid God will ask me "What is the capital of Djibouti?"

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#215814 Mar 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:

When Jesus said that, "I have said you are gods", he wasn't referring to every man. He was referring to magistrates, judges, and other people who hold positions of authority and rule.
They are representing God, but they are mortal and will eventually be judged by God for how they used that authority.
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Jesus was quoting Psalm 82, the psalm of Asaph. Those were not His words.

It's clear in Psalm 82 that the "gods" were judges and magistrates, specifically evil or wicked judges and magistrates they focused solely on self and worldly things.

“How long will you defend the unjust and show partiality to the wicked? Defend the weak and the fatherless; uphold the cause of the poor and the oppressed. Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked. "The ‘gods’ know nothing, they understand nothing. They walk about in darkness; all the foundations of the earth are shaken.

He's referring to people of authority that have authority over man and think they have authority over God, too.

It's explained as a futile endeavor:

"I said,‘You are “gods”; you are all sons of the Most High.’ But you will die like mere mortals; you will fall like every other ruler.”

Really, the whole point of Psalm 82 is that judges have to act impartiality and offer true justice, because even the great judges will stand before God, the one true Judge, someday.

Jesus was only reiterating that fact when he quoted the psalm, He was not implying the humans are gods.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#215815 Mar 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I do regular and random searches of my boy's room, backpacks and other belongings.
.. your need to know and control violates your children's emotional boundaries and is abusive ..

.. without respect for healthy boundaries, love cannot exist ..

.. so says HL ..

With Established Harem

#215816 Mar 1, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
lightbeamrider wrote:
.. exactly ..

.. you follow authority ..

With Established Harem

#215817 Mar 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
When Jesus said that, "I have said you are gods", he wasn't referring to every man. He was referring to magistrates, judges, and other people who hold positions of authority and rule.
They are representing God, but they are mortal and will eventually be judged by God for how they used that authority.
<quoted text>
Jesus was quoting Psalm 82, the psalm of Asaph. Those were not His words.
It's clear in Psalm 82 that the "gods" were judges and magistrates, specifically evil or wicked judges and magistrates they focused solely on self and worldly things.
“How long will you defend the unjust and show partiality to the wicked? Defend the weak and the fatherless; uphold the cause of the poor and the oppressed. Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked. "The ‘gods’ know nothing, they understand nothing. They walk about in darkness; all the foundations of the earth are shaken.
He's referring to people of authority that have authority over man and think they have authority over God, too.
It's explained as a futile endeavor:
"I said,‘You are “gods”; you are all sons of the Most High.’ But you will die like mere mortals; you will fall like every other ruler.”
Really, the whole point of Psalm 82 is that judges have to act impartiality and offer true justice, because even the great judges will stand before God, the one true Judge, someday.
Jesus was only reiterating that fact when he quoted the psalm, He was not implying the humans are gods.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 14 min MOGA1 27,265
News Federal court tosses out racist Texas voter sup... 14 min UMORONRACEMAKEWOR... 8
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 45 min Hukt on Fonix 985,986
News Trump gathered with possible Flake challengers ... 2 hr discocrisco 1
Do you believe that Jesus created the earth and... 2 hr Jake999 4
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Jake999 46,291
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 3 hr lastpost 4,298
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr RCC Literally God... 686,022
More from around the web