Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255511 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#214782 Feb 24, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. You need to be a crazy gun nut to protect yourself from all the other crazy gun nuts.
Actually that a straw man if I ever seen one, but.....
you can call somebody who has one. Or you can pray ,oh wait you don't believe in that bullshit?

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#214783 Feb 24, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Link me to that statistic.
From what I'm seeing, the 10 states with the most murder per capita, by firearm, have some of the more liberal or most liberal gun laws in the country. States such as Louisiana, Missouri, South Carolina, Mississippi, Florida, Georgia, Arizona. Mississippi has a a 55% gun ownership rate based on population. Louisiana - 44%.
Louisiana has the highest murder rate, by firearm, of all the states, and 44% of the population owns one or more firearms.
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/la-chicago-ra...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_...

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#214784 Feb 24, 2014

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#214785 Feb 24, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I'm seeing, the 10 states with the most murder per capita, by firearm, have some of the more liberal or most liberal gun laws in the country. States such as Louisiana, Missouri, South Carolina, Mississippi, Florida, Georgia, Arizona. Mississippi has a a 55% gun ownership rate based on population. Louisiana - 44%.
Louisiana has the highest murder rate, by firearm, of all the states, and 44% of the population owns one or more firearms.
In DC there illegal

District of Columbia pop 601,723 pop density10298 murders 131 gun murders 99 gun ownership 3.6% murders per 100k 21.8 1gun murders per 100k 6.5

New Orleans is a International freeport, lot of influx of drug traffic.

But typically the places where the gun laws are strictest , have the highest rates.

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#214786 Feb 24, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, every day, you post more and more things that make you look so monumentally stupid.
Math just isn't your friend, is it?
Let's see if I can lead you to the water...
Can you think of any other reason why California might have more gun deaths than any other state?
Hint: focus on these words "more than any other state"
You can do it....
Dude, you're posting to the Redneck.

The Redneck says he's been "touched" by a god, so he knows there's a god or how could he touch you?

And the Redneck says he's absolutely convinced that Satan is out there, right now, corrupting the minds of our citizens.

And that's without even mentioning his criminal behavior.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#214787 Feb 24, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
In DC there illegal
District of Columbia pop 601,723 pop density10298 murders 131 gun murders 99 gun ownership 3.6% murders per 100k 21.8 1gun murders per 100k 6.5
But typically the places where the gun laws are strictest , have the highest rates.
I'm not seeing that from the information I'm reading.

I say that as an owner of numerous firearms. I'm not going to give an exact number of what I personally own,, but I'll say this, between my brothers and I, we collectively own around 40+ firearms.

hahaaa.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#214788 Feb 24, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, you're posting to the Redneck.
The Redneck says he's been "touched" by a god, so he knows there's a god or how could he touch you?
And the Redneck says he's absolutely convinced that Satan is out there, right now, corrupting the minds of our citizens.
And that's without even mentioning his criminal behavior.
Yes, but was it a "good touch" or a "bad touch"?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#214789 Feb 24, 2014
<quoted text>
Louisiana has the highest murder rate, by firearm, of all the states, and 44% of the population owns one or more firearms
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
In DC there illegal
scaritual wrote:

I say that as an owner of numerous firearms. I'm not going to give an exact number of what I personally own,, but I'll say this, between my brothers and I, we collectively own around 40+ firearms.

hahaaa.
I wanted to clarify a bit more.

My point being, is that when populations are considered, and gun ownership rates are also looked at as well, there seems to be no benefit to a state having very strict laws, or permissive laws, and the percentage of a states population that does own guns, doesn't appear to factor in being a deterrent to crime.

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#214790 Feb 24, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but was it a "good touch" or a "bad touch"?
The Redneck hasn't disclosed the location of the touch.

Or his response to the touch.

I think he'd be well advised to take the Fifth.

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#214791 Feb 24, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaaa.
So how many of them did you kill?
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#214792 Feb 24, 2014
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like I said, coward!
It would appear that it is you who is the coward, its is your claim that Jesus existed, therefore YOU shoulder the burden of proof, to shit the burden of proof is an argument from ignorance which is a logical fallacy.

Your claim, your assertion, now stop being a coward and produce your evidence, otherwise put your tail between your legs and screw!!

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#214793 Feb 24, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Louisiana has the highest murder rate, by firearm, of all the states, and 44% of the population owns one or more firearms
<quoted text>
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
In DC there illegal
<quoted text>
I wanted to clarify a bit more.
My point being, is that when populations are considered, and gun ownership rates are also looked at as well, there seems to be no benefit to a state having very strict laws, or permissive laws, and the percentage of a states population that does own guns, doesn't appear to factor in being a deterrent to crime.
Sure it does, they used to not put that in the news, but lately they do. Lots of people saved their own life lately in the news.

The one thing that means more than anything else is population density, in all areas where there are more than 250,000 gun crimes go up, the more people the more violence.
Nothing will change that, not even eliminating guns will. DC is proof of that.
But the murder rate in DC is even higher than in anywhere, something they don't want you to know.

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2011...

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

Opal-Hearted Land

#214795 Feb 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks man, that means a lot.
Dream on, RR.

“True Blue”

Opal-Hearted Land

#214796 Feb 24, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. Hey Rosa :-)
Gday mate.
:-)

“True Blue”

Opal-Hearted Land

#214797 Feb 24, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
"Ooh, you're a girl!"
-kimaremad
"OMG, that's like, so third grade. Do ya flip your blonde pony tail when you say it?
That's about it's level. Playground insults...

Oh and that thing's got a total obsession with blondes, can't stand the fact that plenty of them are smarter than it.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#214798 Feb 24, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>Is that in the OT Laws about hygiene?

I'd love to learn more.

SMile.
Smile. Smirk snicker.

Seriously?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#214799 Feb 24, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>That's about it's level. Playground insults...

Oh and that thing's got a total obsession with blondes, can't stand the fact that plenty of them are smarter than it.
I'm not a blonde but that's neither here nor there.

The patriarchal zombies get offended by the mere thought of a woman having brains and they positively foam at the mouth in the presence of women who are more intelligent than they are.

Boo frikken hoo.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#214800 Feb 24, 2014
A man needed to paint his house, but only had one gallon of paint. His solution? He mixed the paint with 10 gallons of water and was able to cover the entire house.

But as soon as he was finished it started raining heavily and washed away all of his work.

The moral of the story? Repaint, and thin no more.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#214801 Feb 24, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, the existence of Jesus has not been historically proven.
Historicity of Jesus is established..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_J...

Virtually all modern scholars of antiquity agree that Jesus existed, and most biblical scholars and classical historians see the theories of his non-existence as effectively refuted.[1][2][3][8][9][10] In antiquity, the existence of Jesus was never denied by those who opposed Christianity....[24] According to New Testament scholar James Dunn, nearly all modern scholars consider the baptism of Jesus and his crucifixion to be historically certain.[5][42] He states that these "two facts in the life of Jesus command almost universal assent" and "rank so high on the 'almost impossible to doubt or deny' scale of historical facts" that they are often the starting points for the study of the historical Jesus... Bart D. Ehrman states that the existence of Jesus and his crucifixion by the Romans is attested to by a wide range of sources, including Josephus and Tacitus.[36]
----------

Ehrman puts people like you in the same category as holocaust deniers.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bart-d-ehrman/d...

share this story
Submit this story

In a society in which people still claim the Holocaust did not happen, and in which there are resounding claims that the American president is, in fact, a Muslim born on foreign soil, is it any surprise to learn that the greatest figure in the history of Western civilization, the man on whom the most powerful and influential social, political, economic, cultural and religious institution in the world -- the Christian church -- was built, the man worshipped, literally, by billions of people today -- is it any surprise to hear that Jesus never even existed?

That is the claim made by a small but growing cadre of (published ) writers, bloggers and Internet junkies who call themselves mythicists. This unusually vociferous group of nay-sayers maintains that Jesus is a myth invented for nefarious (or altruistic) purposes by the early Christians who modeled their savior along the lines of pagan divine men who, it is alleged, were also born of a virgin on Dec. 25, who also did miracles, who also died as an atonement for sin and were then raised from the dead.

----------

Stop your denial of reality. It makes you look foolish. Even with folks in your own camp.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#214802 Feb 24, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
It's not my claim to support-- it IS YOURS.
It IS up to YOU to prove the history of your alleged jesus character.
Get busy!
All you need?
Is One (1) document that is provably written by your guy.
What's that?
Your Jesus NEVER WROTE ANYTHING?
Wow...
... was he illiterate or something?
It was a valid question since you go against majority scholarship on this one. Name one contemporary historical account of any person who lived in the time of Jesus? You are the one who denies historicity of Jesus because there is no contemporary writings from His time affirming His existence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min River Tam 48,948
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 6 min andet1987 2,082
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min truth 646,704
Bring back thd human sexuality forum? 1 hr sno333 2
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 1 hr USA-1 38,758
How to solve racism (and sexism) once and for all 2 hr Hey U 5
Jesus and Muhammad were FRAUDS 2 hr Hey U 19
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr VIKING 971,730
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 7 hr Just Think 105,632
More from around the web