Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
205,281 - 205,300 of 224,064 Comments Last updated 4 min ago

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

JustWow wrote:
<quoted text>
While very poetic, simply wrong on so many levels.
You again go back to it is the best way to raise children - irrelevant for marriage.
Then you add the "blending" - again irrelevant for marriage.
Marriage is a legal contract that creates a family unit where one does not already exist.
How are same sex couples unable to live up to the definition?
That's not the definition. It might be the definition of something, and if you want it, have it. But it's not marriage.

“Knowledge is true opinion”

Since: Mar 07

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

KiMare wrote:
You mean since 'Romeo and Juliet'?
You do realize Romeo and Juliet weren't able to marry, right?
Did you read the whole play?
Spoiler alert.....they die
KiMare wrote:
How about 'Song of Solomon'???
Ah...King Solomon.
How many wives did he have again?
And who was it that he "loved the most"?(the answer may surprise you)
KiMare wrote:
What an idiotic gay argument...
Awww...Did I hurt your feelings?

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

Buck Crick wrote:
Bull shit. There is no equal protection problem with applying the restriction to all persons - as in no person can marry a member of the same gender.
So this would be why every case brought before a federal court concerning the issue has been ruled in favor of same sex marriage due to the equal protection clause of the US Constitution?
Buck Crick wrote:
Regardless of the history, if the the people decide through their representatives to define legal marriage as between a man and woman, they have the right.
Lucky for all of us that our laws prevent the will of the majority from suppressing a minority.

Isn't it great....

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not the definition. It might be the definition of something, and if you want it, have it. But it's not marriage.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/marria...

Definition #1
noun
(broadly) any of the diverse forms of interpersonal union established in various parts of the world to form a familial bond that is recognized legally, religiously, or socially, granting the participating partners mutual conjugal rights and responsibilities

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

Judged:

JustWow wrote:
This argument has always amazed me.
In my state SSM is illegal. If you want to impose it against the will of the majority then it will have to be imposed on the federal level or enough citizens within the state will have to be convinced. In that sense the burden is on those who wish to redefine marriage from man and woman to two persons.
Do you even realize how many times marriage has been "redefined"?
Your "traditional marriage" was between a man and multiple women or between a man and his "property". The idea a marriage for "love" is very recent (historically speaking).
Agree somewhat with the last statement. They have outlawed polygamy. Incest marriages are out. First cousins cannot marry in some states. Persons with STD's cannot marry. What that all means is states regulate marriages.
And again, all completely irrelevant to the legal contract that we call marriage.
Do you think we are at risk of going extinct as a species?
Not impossible.
You keep bringing up continuation of the species. How children should be raised (even though your ideal is no longer the norm).
Does that mean you do not believe children have rights to responsible loving relationships with biological parents?
Yet, as stated, procreation is not a requirement or marriage and marriage is not a requirement of procreation.
So? None of that justifies the imposition of SSM.
This is the legal quandary those wishing to deny marriage to same sex couples have.
The former [infertile couples] does not validate the other.[Same sex couples.] You can't reasonably say SSM is somehow validated because some OSM couples are infertile.
The only argument they (you) have against SSM is that they can't reproduce.
Not the only one but I would say SSM is anti science, anti evolution and anti Christian. It is a perversion of real marriage which is between man and woman.
Sorry, not a valid reason to deny equal protection under the law.
There is no equality between SSM and OSM and I already went over that.
As long as other couples who also cannot reproduce are allowed marriage rights, you are creating a separate class which is not allowed in our country.
What separate class? See above. Nice try. What I can say about your posts so far is you have not resorted to browbeating and name calling. Homophobe, bigot etc. So that speaks well of you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
He called Obama a Chicago, Communist- raised, Communist-educated, Communist-nurtured, subhuman mongrel.
Shame on him for having an opinion that you don't like.
Bad Ted! Bad.
He was communist-raised and educated.

It was well done, I might add.

Frank Marshall Davis, a hard-line communist, was introduced to the adolescent Barack by his grandfather and provided as a mentor. He mentored Barack throughout his formative years in the 70s.

Davis was on the FBI's "Security Index A". This meant in case of a national emergency, Barack's mentor was to be picked up on sight and arrested.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

Judged:

JustWow wrote:
<quoted text>
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/marria...
Definition #1
noun
(broadly) any of the diverse forms of interpersonal union established in various parts of the world to form a familial bond that is recognized legally, religiously, or socially, granting the participating partners mutual conjugal rights and responsibilities
That's a different definition than your last one.

Did you have a point?

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Not the only one but I would say SSM is anti science, anti evolution and anti Christian. It is a perversion of real marriage which is between man and woman.
And there it is...
You dislike the idea of SSM because of your religious beliefs.

I personally have absolutely no problem with you disliking SSM for religious reasons.
All people are allowed to hold on to their beliefs and act accordingly.
It's another great thing about our country.

Lucky for everyone else in this country, your religious beliefs are not a valid legal argument.

When we are speaking legalities, just and fair trump religion every day.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
lightbeamrider wrote:
Children optional between male and female. Children biologically impossible between male and male or female and female.
<quoted text>
HA HA HA!!!
Where'd sperm come from, ya knucklehead? Definitely not one of the females...
I do not talk to wife beaters or pedophiles -- and you are both-- you've admitted as much.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"soon"?
How soon? I mean, since you seem to think you have all the facts, tell em...
I do not talk to wife beaters or pedophiles -- and you are both-- you've admitted as much.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are trying to equate ss couples to medically handicapped couples, old couples and couples who choose not to procreate for now?
Nope. Same gender couples are **humans**.

And that, apart from being at least 18, is the **only** criteria that the US Constitution is allowed to make note of.

That little "shall not promote **religion**" clause you keep trying to overturn.

Only **religion** sees a problem with same sex couples.

And that is religion's problem-- it cannot BY LAW -- be allowed into the secular sphere.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

Judged:

JustWow wrote:
<quoted text>
So this would be why every case brought before a federal court concerning the issue has been ruled in favor of same sex marriage due to the equal protection clause of the US Constitution?
<quoted text>
Lucky for all of us that our laws prevent the will of the majority from suppressing a minority.
Isn't it great....
You misunderstood.

I said such bans do not violate equal protection.

I didn't say federal judges are honest, or uphold the Constitution.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
Medically handicapped couples often can be helped, same with old couples, and couples who choose not to procreate most often change their minds.
So?

It would go against your "god's law" if infertile couples **DID** use Modern Science to make babies.

Yet you turn a blind eye to this "abomination of nature"...

Your hypocrisy is showing, bigot.

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
Not impossible.
7 billion people and you are worried about extinction due to 10% of the population not having children?
lightbeamrider wrote:
Does that mean you do not believe children have rights to responsible loving relationships with biological parents?
I absolutely believe the ideal environment to raise a child is in a safe and loving home with their biological parents (I stated such a few pages ago)

But, which is better for the child. An abusive home, an orphanage or a loving, stable home with a same sex couple? Again, you are speaking of children's rights.
lightbeamrider wrote:
So? None of that justifies the imposition of SSM.
Not really sure why you feel imposed upon.
How does someone else having the ability to marry change your ability to marry or your marriage in any way?
lightbeamrider wrote:
The former [infertile couples] does not validate the other.[Same sex couples.] You can't reasonably say SSM is somehow validated because some OSM couples are infertile.
No. I am saying SSM does not need your validation.
It is you that bring up procreation.
If we allow one group who can't procreate to marry and have no problem with it, how can you deny it to another group simply because they can't procreate without assistance.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
Last I checked, ss couples NEVER mutually procreate! They even fail at the defect level for marriage!!!
SMirk.
Using the EXACT SAME PROCESS that your infertile couples use?

Same sex couples CAN have babies.

Your hypocrisy is showing-- BIGOT.

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a different definition than your last one.
Did you have a point?
Same definition, just more words.
I simplify it to the basic meaning.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

Judged:

JustWow wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize Romeo and Juliet weren't able to marry, right?
Did you read the whole play?
Spoiler alert.....they die
<quoted text>
Ah...King Solomon.
How many wives did he have again?
And who was it that he "loved the most"?(the answer may surprise you)
<quoted text>
Awww...Did I hurt your feelings?
Solomon loved a **man** the most-- he was definitely as gay as David and Jonathan were.

His wives were only there for show, and to ensure a bloodline-- his "kingly duty".

Likely his wives amused themselves in other ways-- perhaps with each other?

Or more likely, with Soloman's priest class.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

Judged:

JustWow wrote:
<quoted text>
And there it is...
You dislike the idea of SSM because of your religious beliefs.
I personally have absolutely no problem with you disliking SSM for religious reasons.
All people are allowed to hold on to their beliefs and act accordingly.
It's another great thing about our country.
Lucky for everyone else in this country, your religious beliefs are not a valid legal argument.
When we are speaking legalities, just and fair trump religion every day.
Look I am not the one who is imposing on anybody for any reason. I am simply pointing out it is those who are advocating for SSM as imposing. SSM can and is opposed for both religious and non religious reasons. It depends on what part of the country you are in. I am in the North-West..I work mostly with non Christian men and I can think of possibly one who would possibly support SSM. The rest despise the idea and these are not republicans. They are working class union members. So there is a divide in the country.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Such compassion.
Such caring.
So much for your "coverage for everyone" lie.
You're caught red-handed again, counselor.
What are you talking about?

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You misunderstood.
I said such bans do not violate equal protection.
I didn't say federal judges are honest, or uphold the Constitution.
Yet, obviously, they do.
If you disagree with the legal opinion of every federal judge to hear the case so far, maybe you can provide a better legal argument that all of the previous lawyers have.

I would love to hear it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

522 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 min Hate troublemaking arabs 114,996
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 min Stilgar Fifrawi 172,287
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min Charlie Sheen 256,410
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min thewordofme 720,372
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min June VanDerMark 532,498
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 13 min bacon hater 93,678
Xcntrik InVidor is A Fool! (Jul '09) 22 min Anon 65
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 26 min shyam 4,574
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 55 min Helga 72
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••