Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258482 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#214007 Feb 22, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have to strut about and declare victory for yourself like your fellow chess pigeon KiMare, you go into the same category as the person who tells others about how well liked they are or much sex they get.
What a dishonest cop out.

You simply were unable to present any reasoned response. The only thing was a childish troll attack like this one.

You are a hypocrite, coward and a liar.

Location hidden

#214008 Feb 22, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Grossly out of date-- a 21 year old, out of date paper means exactly zip.
I noted the first paragraph because it stated accepted facts about the constraint of marriage.

Facts don't get out-dated.

Smile.

Location hidden

#214009 Feb 22, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you were incapable of rebutting the three creation points and two prophecies, now you've given up on defending your claim that marriage has nothing to do with science.
Why do you take it out on me when truth embarrasses you?
Snicker.
<quoted text>
Not only were your 3 creation points utterly and completely destroyed?
Your two prophecies fail the test of usefulness-- they were not specific enough to qualify as prophetic.
But just as a Pigeon Chess player crows about "winning" after having kicked over the pieces, so too you crow about winning when you were not even in the race in the first place...
... sad.
My pity for you grows.
LOL, The Big Bang, life birthed out of the earth, and simple genderless life forms were 'completely destroyed'??? Have you told the scientists yet?

A prophecy about an unending, outstanding culture and the Church is not 'specific'?

Who do you think you are fooling?

Smirk.

Location hidden

#214010 Feb 22, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, I think someone who falsely makes a charge like that needs to take their own advice...
Right?
Judging by the hate and ad homoan attacks atheists direct against me, I'd say you should hate gay atheists...
Smile.
<quoted text>
I'm guessing you have killed someone, strictly based on how much hate you spew forth for others.
Your hate at me, in the above, is quite obvious.
It's also clear you would prefer to return to the days when your kind routinely murdered anyone **not** in your little club.
But that much hate? That which you display so frequently? Is unlikely to remain suppressed.
Thus, the presumption you are a common murderer.
It's a fair bet-- many Genuine Christians™ are after all.
Digging into stupid again with a slander spade?

The hate, bigotry and troll is clearly all you.

The amazing thing is that you counter that deceit with the claim of 'rational atheists'.

Clearly you need some Christianity...

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#214011 Feb 22, 2014
<quoted text>
What I said is that I wouldn't believe anything found only on a Christian website, not that you wouldn't. I chose the Christian one for you. Here is the same article from two secular sources
http://www.examiner.com/article/uk-court-rule...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13256...
<quoted text>
What do my views have to do with it? It's a link to a news story.
And yes, rebuking Christian homophobia is very consistent with humanist values. We're the ones pushing back against the church.
<quoted text>
Yeah, that's it. I'm frustrated. You people are such able adversaries.
If you have to strut about and declare victory for yourself like your fellow chess pigeon KiMare, you go into the same category as the person who tells others about how well liked they are or much sex they get.
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Chess+with+p...
You're a peach. I know you think I am stupid and I think your civility is skin deep. Time will tell who is right and who is dead wrong. Until then enjoy.

Location hidden

#214012 Feb 22, 2014
<quoted text>
You're so not a cynic.
You are simply a hategodbot, spewing your particular brand of bigotry whenever and whereever you go.
Sad.
But I don't hate you-- you are simply not worth the effort.
I do pity you greatly, however.
Bobby, you continue to spout ignorant hate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cynicism_%28phil...

Moreover, you lie. If my points didn't touch a nerve, you would have ignored me and not wasted even the effort to 'pity'.

I'm in your head and you don't know what to do.

SMile.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#214013 Feb 22, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> You're a peach. I know you think I am stupid and I think your civility is skin deep. Time will tell who is right and who is dead wrong. Until then enjoy.
What about this, Brother Marine:

PHOENIX (The Borowitz Report)—Arizona Governor Jan Brewer said today that she was reluctant to sign an anti-gay “religious freedom” bill passed by the Arizona state legislature this week, telling reporters,“I believe that bigotry and hatred should be free of government regulation.”

She said that while many Arizona business owners currently enjoy employing hateful practices,“I worry that if big government gets involved, that’ll ruin everything.”

“Don’t get me wrong—I think the anti-gay bill that the legislature passed was well-meaning,” she said.“All I’m saying is, let’s leave it to the private sector.”

Offering an example, she added,“Look at how Obamacare has messed up health care. I’d hate to pass a new law that results in government wrecking bigotry.”

But Governor Brewer got some pushback today from Republican legislator Harland Dorrinson, who told reporters, "I’m as opposed to big government as anyone. But promoting hate-based bias is one area where I believe government has an important role to play.”

For her part, Governor Brewer remains unconvinced by that argument. Noting that the current system of hatred and bigotry in place in Arizona has worked well for decades, she said,“If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#214014 Feb 22, 2014
KiMare wrote:
No, thank goodness there are only a few of you so arrogantly stupid to not know that mating behavior is one of the strongest animal instincts, not to mention your claim that science has nothing to do with marriage. Your silly, gay attempt to divert by trying to be clever is only further exposing your idiocy. You just keep digging the hole deeper. Your whole post reverted once again to angry rants about God and bully trolling. I suspect you are a bitter, angry gay. Do you understand your focus on God undermines your claim of atheism??? Smile.
Your religion has failed you like its failed the world. You have a right to resent it for that. I welcome you to join us and celebrate its impending demise. You'll feel better.

Fennario

#214015 Feb 22, 2014
KiMare wrote:
That's the lesbian in me you are attracted to. Smirk.
Nobody's attracted to you. You are repulsive.

Location hidden

#214016 Feb 22, 2014
KiMare wrote:
No, thank goodness there are only a few of you so arrogantly stupid to not know that mating behavior is one of the strongest animal instincts, not to mention your claim that science has nothing to do with marriage. Your silly, gay attempt to divert by trying to be clever is only further exposing your idiocy. You just keep digging the hole deeper. Your whole post reverted once again to angry rants about God and bully trolling. I suspect you are a bitter, angry gay. Do you understand your focus on God undermines your claim of atheism??? Smile.
<quoted text>
Your religion has failed you like its failed the world. You have a right to resent it for that. I welcome you to join us and celebrate its impending demise. You'll feel better.
Again, the 'rational atheist' response is a hateful, bigoted troll attack. How telling.

Why does truth and reality enrage you so???

Here is some history: Do you understand that whole cultures have predicted the demise of Christianity. They are gone, Christianity isn't.

Now I suppose you will go off the deep end...

Smile.

Location hidden

#214017 Feb 22, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody's attracted to you. You are repulsive.
Speaking for everyone again?

The 'rational atheist' has descended once again into gay troll assaults. Keep digging like that and you will reach hell.

The only 'fact' in our relationship is that you are a hypocritical, cowardly liar.

Smile.

Catcher1

Redondo Beach, CA

#214018 Feb 22, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking for everyone again?
The 'rational atheist' has descended once again into gay troll assaults. Keep digging like that and you will reach hell.
The only 'fact' in our relationship is that you are a hypocritical, cowardly liar.
Smile.
That was your last smile, smirk or snicker.

The Catcher white sheet envelops you.

Adieu.

Fennario

#214019 Feb 22, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
One thing I dislike is a smirking Christian. Did their Jesus smirk?
If he did, I'll bet that they wiped it off his face at the end there.

I figured out why KiMare is always smiling. He thinks he's on Candid Chimera.
OG Kush

United States

#214020 Feb 22, 2014
Does catchers white sheet have a 666 threadcount?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Location hidden

#214021 Feb 22, 2014
Lol, the 'rational atheists' post their profound wisdom...

Exposed as debunked punks.

By a near senile old jackass no less...

Snicker.

Fennario

#214022 Feb 22, 2014
KiMare wrote:
You don't know my belief system.
You're a Christian. What else is there to know? You flatter yourself by supposing that anybody here cares about your particular theology - your specific choices from the cafeteria menu. If you wrote out the details - baptism by immersion or by sprinkling, literal or metaphorical creation myth, Saturday or Sunday church, by works or by faith - I can't imagine anybody bothering to read it.

Unless you're into snake handling. I'd pay money to see that.

Catcher1

Redondo Beach, CA

#214024 Feb 22, 2014
<quoted text>
If he did, I'll bet that they wiped it off his face at the end there.
I figured out why KiMare is always smiling. He thinks he's on Candid Chimera.
Haha.

We do get our share of oddballs here, don't we?

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#214025 Feb 22, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I noted the first paragraph because it stated accepted facts about the constraint of marriage.
Facts don't get out-dated.
Smile.
Misconception does though, as does the general consensus of opinion.

Location hidden

#214026 Feb 22, 2014
Now the 'rational atheists' are scrapping around for something to cover their shame.

And still the personal assault.

Damn, that has to be embarrassing.

Snicker smile.

Fennario

#214027 Feb 22, 2014
KiMare wrote:
The opinion of social science about marriage is this: At its most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
Wrong.
KiMare wrote:
So far you've provided absolutely no validated rebuttal, except for a deceitful attempt. http://www.psy.cmu.edu/~rakison/bussandschmit... Read the first paragraph idiot. My statement stands. Snicker.
Your link not only failed to support your claim - at least as far as I read, which was about four paragraphs - it isn't authoritative.

It's also erroneous. Marriage doesn't constrain sexual behavior. The choice to be monogamous does. Married frequently take other lovers with or without the knowledge of the spouse, and unmarried people are frequently monogamous.

Furthermore, that perspective of marriage is woefully inadequate. As Just Wow and others have noted, marriage is about property rights and other rights unrelated to sex.

You won't always get a full rebuttal like this. Sometimes, all you'll get is "Wrong."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Rosesz 690,356
looking for boyfriend in dubai (Mar '15) 6 min Maxin 2
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 31 min Paul is dead 563
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 46 min Quirky 41,710
our STORE is starting on politics 3 hr zack LE hack 2
Trump's "Russia Worries" louder than the noon sun 3 hr Johnny 12
Sometimes I like Louis Farrakhan's "sermons"...... 5 hr Paul is dead 103
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr another viewer 989,717
More from around the web