Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
EXPERT

Cottonwood, CA

#213625 Feb 20, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>You will not find compassion among anything "christian".

They cannot afford it-- they *must* cling to their hate, in order to "justify" their idea of infinite torture...
Projection

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#213626 Feb 20, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You won't do it because you can't.
You have no high school degree.
Indeed he has no degree of any sort-- his near-total lack of any eduction is obvious.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#213627 Feb 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why bother asking a question if you're just rant on and on like you already know the answer?
I believe that God created AIDS.
God doesn't transmit it, people do.
Stupid, immoral people.
Now, revise your post.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I believe that God created AIDS. God doesn't transmit it, people do.
Then how, did it ever get transmitted to people?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#213628 Feb 20, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah.
Well stated.
Another few things I notice on apologetics websites.
Very often, the offsite links or links to referenced materials or sources are dead ends, as in "404 link not found" "Not Authorized to access this server". "Apache Server 5.12 blah blah etc...".
Extreme quote mining - so much so - that the quote offered is taken piecemeal from an entire page worth of text, the source does not support the claim made and sometimes negates the claim made on the apologetics website.
The last problem I've noticed regularly, is that a person is quoted that has a degree, has wrote a book or essay, whatever, and you can't find that person anywhere on the net, at all, or if you do, it was some guy that received a diploma from a double wide "University" somewhere in Arizona that has had 4 addresses in the last five years and other such "diploma mills" commonly seen in theological discussions.
I always look at the links offered by theists, and the above happens on a far more than regular basis.
It happens so often that you can literally bank on them being fraud.

Their problem is that these apologetics websites have an agenda to promote their hideous religion--- above all else.

One of the clues to their dishonesty, is that these people will ignore **anything** that contradicts their core set of "you must believe".

For example, they will continue to quote Josephus, even after being shown it's a bad quote.

There is no honesty in christian apologetics.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#213629 Feb 20, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Projectiles work pretty damn good too
7.62 x 51 is a crowd pleaser.
Yes, but their god is just an idea--

-- we all know (and so do they) that their god is myth.

Just an idea-- and nothing **but** an idea.

You cannot kill an idea with physical means-- but facts, evidence and such will kill lies every time.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#213630 Feb 20, 2014
tricki wrote:
“Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord.”–Adolf Hitler (Mein Kampf)
Atheist's proof God exists. Atheists trust Hitler's word and he said he believed in God.
Hitler was a godbot-- true.

But that just proves that being a True Believer™ makes you insane.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#213631 Feb 20, 2014
scaritual wrote:
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah and that was written 3000 or so years ago and these skeptics still don't get it. Then you tell them and there are emotional non rational responses like 6 of 1. What does any of that have to do with truth? Non healthy sexual behaviors equal incurable disease. Not only are they anti bible, they are anti science and anti logic.l
<quoted text>
And light beams.
Lightbeam would be a disgrace to a comic book...

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#213632 Feb 20, 2014
<quoted text>
Indeed.
The problem with a faith-based outlook?
Is that the faithist can *literally* believe in magical comets, or flying carpets, or even more ludicrous shyt, such as water-walking or infinite torture*.
I much prefer a *reality* based outlook-- the Universe is quite grand enough for me anyway.
* infinite torture? Wait.. what? Isn't that a contradiction? The whole *point* of torture, is that it will stop, or that it may stop. Infinite torture simply becomes routine... and no longer torture.
these people seriously *are* idiots.
Yeah, if you ponder the result of "eternal" torture and fate of the "damned" in the imaginary Hell-fire found in the myth. I figure that they'll just get used to it, eventually becoming like fish in water.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#213633 Feb 20, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Android? Bleh.
Android-- yes.

If you gave me a CrApple? I'd sell it as quickly as I could.

I will not be hemmed in by "The CrApple Way", thanks.

:D

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#213634 Feb 20, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah...
But where would you aim in order to put a bullet into an invisible disembodied magical super brain?
Oh, yeah, the bible.
LMAO!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#213635 Feb 20, 2014
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Projection
I do not talk to wife beaters or pedophiles -- and you are both-- you've admitted as much.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#213636 Feb 20, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, if you ponder the result of "eternal" torture and fate of the "damned" in the imaginary Hell-fire found in the myth. I figure that they'll just get used to it, eventually becoming like fish in water.
Indeed.

It is reflective of a very simple and shallow theology.

What else, from a bunch of ancient goat herders?

But simplistic and shallow ideas?
EXPERT

Cottonwood, CA

#213637 Feb 20, 2014
<quoted text>I do not talk to wife beaters or pedophiles -- and you are both-- you've admitted as much.
Obviously Freud was talking about you, penis envy.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#213638 Feb 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Four years later, I went to adult education school downtown and did what I needed for my diploma......
So you got your GED. A fact you denied in the past.

You are a pathological liar. Seems to a common trait with the Christ-Stains on this thread..
tricki

Boyertown, PA

#213639 Feb 20, 2014
No good reason to disbelieve the new testament survives scrutiny. No errors nor contradictions.

Einstein said God is not malicious, just subtle

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#213640 Feb 20, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You misinterpreted my post.
I was alluding to your belief that there's this Satan fellow out there somewhere, influencing the behavior of humans.
I think the whole Satan thing is as silly as your belief in a god.
But you don't, right?
You do believe there is actually a Satan; a real Satan; a fallen angel, no, redneck?
And please, spare us the word jumble.
Yeah, I remember when Ar aR made the claim about the Satans! influence becoming stronger from 1960 forward.

I presented the argument that it was due to Alaska and Hawaii being added as states and the failure of the Christian Church, "leadership", and even provided visuals.
http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg601/sca...

http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg601/sca...

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#213641 Feb 20, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>ok I woke up and listened to the "future" Holy Horseshit, there is no way you can be serious about this, REALLY???
Now I know why I steer my student away from this mindless garbage. It starts with something that sounds like a chainsaw at idle, Open 5th, and random open 5th for 1:30, I'm already bored to tears, these idiots think 1:30 of open 5th with chainsaw sounds is spellbinding, PLEASE!!! Then of course we have the obligatory wind sounds, very creative.
Ok, here comes the endless, and I mean endless three note Ostinato, with two triads over the top, and not very creative triads it's the II- to I-,not very exciting, Ok here comes the 6 note melody we'll hear until we're ready to puke, nice melody 5-4-b3-1-2 My granddaught could have written a more creative ditty. This goes on UNCHANGED for 4:45 with a real cheap fade out at the end. I thought fade outs went out in the 70's
No transition just a Choo Choo train sound for a min and another min to set the next boring drum machine groove. I simply couldn't stand anymore, the endless repartition finally got to me. Tie me in a room with this shit and I'll tell you where all the big guns are.
Final analysis: this is called minimalistic music, were everything lasts forever. There is NO fully formed melody only a 6 note motif used endlessly.. There is NO underlaying harmonic scheme, only childish diatonic triads. There is NO key change or change of modality, and this is what makes this no mindless and ultimately boring. Not even an attempt to change to new tonal centers, they probably don't know how, is see a lot of knob turning and tapes spinning, and very little performing They sit with glassy eyes, and slack jaws, no wonder
If this is what you consider a good example of electronic music, shame on you. There is so little music here as to be almost criminal to call it music.
Monotonous, in a monotone, lacking any melodic development, devoid of ANY harmonic scheme, monotonous drum tracks that sound more like a robot playing than a human, It's a collecting of unrelated sounds and special effects.
Whoever put this together knows noting about how to create a sense of drama, they are so into themselves with there chainsaw sounds, they think by having them last for an eternity, they become interesting, the opposite is true, things of very little substance grow old very quick.
Well at least I made it through about 7 min. of this total trash, If this is the future of music, I'll be working with my students to make sure they understand how bad this shit really is
The only time I have ever enjoyed the fake music was when it was paired with a fake instrument as in this first animation. It was quite enjoyable
&li st=PLnOADnwJFixcmpPc2qrfN2rESt 6nazjQK

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#213642 Feb 20, 2014
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Doubt the 'disagree'r even read the post. Starting to tune out those icons because they really don't mean a thing.
I figure if you get a positive judgit, then that's good, you've affected someone. They liked something you said.

If you get a negative judgit, that's good too, you know you're affecting someone else, and they don't like what you said.

Win/Win

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#213643 Feb 20, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
Says it left its wife.
Gets butthurt when someone can read its posts.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-GHnU9W0OysY/UYphy6U...
hahaaa

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#213644 Feb 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not about humility.
I didn't think I had to be so damned perfect in my writing.
If you don't understand what another person is writing, you should try asking for clarification instead of assuming what you think they meant.
Letters are symbols. Words are symbols. You look at a collection of letters arranged into words that form a sentence, and whatever is contained in those words you arranged to form that sentence is what you make them to be.

Sometimes those words can be understood differently, but the most important words are those arranged words that we all understand to be the same, no matter who hears them or reads them.

You should always strive for that clarity in written language.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min scaritual 753,723
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 7 min Toby 96,449
Is America really THE GREAT SATAN? 12 min itstired 6
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 min onemale 262,087
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min Michael 550,924
Do you Think Pageants are good for teenagers (Feb '12) 31 min Aikifreak 4
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 32 min lil whispers 602,823
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 4 hr girls united states 173

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE