Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255530 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#213582 Feb 20, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Once in a while stands.
It was not just a single incident.
And don't ask me to go back and find each time you did a word jumble song and dance.
I have the memory of an elephant, and you're the epitome of dishonesty.
It was a single incident.

Until you can demonstrate otherwise, I'm calling your bluff and calling you out for the liar you are.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213583 Feb 20, 2014
Six_Of_One wrote:
*tip of my hat to you*
*curtsies*

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#213584 Feb 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously?!
You need me to define two pretty simple words and tell you why they're different?
Stupid atheist.
Well, you don't seem to know the meaning of them. Perhaps you should check out Dictionary.com .

Wrath: vengeance or punishment as the consequence of anger.

Seems pretty straightforward to me.

#213585 Feb 20, 2014
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
Isaac Asimov? Hardly a sexy beast...!
Well, actually, his brain = VERY sexy actually!
But, he contracted HIV through a blood transplant after his triple bypass surgery - so WHATchoice exactly did he make that brought AIDS to himself?
Why don't you take time to understand what your posting and whether or not it is accurate?
RR doesn't take time to understand because...well...he's RR. It's just the nature of the beast.

#213586 Feb 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
14, 1014, 2014, 10014.....
The year doesn't matter. Satan exists and loves it that you don't think he does.
I've got my HSD, what the hell? What do I need more for?
Awww...isn't that cute. He believes in imaginary beings like Santa Claus.

And, jeez, shucks, a high school diploma!!! How impressive.

You might want to sue your English teacher. She clearly didn't teach you the right definitions for wrath and punishment.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213587 Feb 20, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
Well, you don't seem to know the meaning of them. Perhaps you should check out Dictionary.com .
Wrath: vengeance or punishment as the consequence of anger.
Seems pretty straightforward to me.
You cherry pick the dictionary, too?

Wrath
noun
1. strong, stern, or fierce anger; deeply resentful indignation; ire.
2. vengeance or punishment as the consequence of anger.

http://m.dictionary.com/definition/wrath

---

Punishment:
noun
1. the act of punishing.
2. the fact of being punished, as for an offense or fault.
3. a penalty inflicted for an offense, fault, etc.

http://m.dictionary.com/definition/punishment...

---

Just cop to it. I did not say punishment, I said wrath.

You are wrong.

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#213588 Feb 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure. So do you. We all do.
People like Rock Hudson, Freddy Mercury, Liberace, Magic Johnson, Eazy-E and Isaac Asimov all made their choices.
I don't feel one bit sorry for anyone that screws as many people as they can when they contract AIDS or any other STD.
In my view, they chose it because they chose the risk.
< River shakes her head. Looks up the word compassion in the dictionary. Thumbs past Christianity in her search >

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213589 Feb 20, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
Awww...isn't that cute. He believes in imaginary beings like Santa Claus.
And, jeez, shucks, a high school diploma!!! How impressive.
You might want to sue your English teacher. She clearly didn't teach you the right definitions for wrath and punishment.
Eh?

You think I had one English teacher?

Are you one of the "educated" here?

Yes, I'll sue my one English teacher.

LMMFAO!

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#213590 Feb 20, 2014
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
<shamelessly flirty remark to Catcher1, albeit funny, deleted here>
Aww.

Come on, make the remark, and I may do the kissing.

Redondo Beach, CA

#213591 Feb 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, you were kissing her ass.
Anytime anyone argues, or fights, with me, you jump in and are like; "Hi, I'm Catcher and I hate RR too. Let's bash him together because I can't do it by myself."
You're pathetic.
Catcher is empathetic.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#213592 Feb 20, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
And beset humanity with it. That deserves the death penalty if anything does..
Exactly.

Volcanoes, earthquakes, hurricanes, etc. all things this alleged deity could control but instead commits mass murder with them against millions of innocent people.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213593 Feb 20, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
Aww.
Come on, make the remark, and I may do the kissing.
You already did the ass kissing.

You're still doing the ass kissing.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#213594 Feb 20, 2014
<quoted text>
You can't make this god look good. You can only make yourself look bad trying.
They are so terrified of their evil deity torturing them that they can't admit the truth about it.

Religion in most cases is an act of cowardice.

Redondo Beach, CA

#213595 Feb 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Eh?
You think I had one English teacher?
Are you one of the "educated" here?
Yes, I'll sue my one English teacher.
LMMFAO!
You have a penchant for lying.

This, together with your less than rudimentary awareness of the most elementary notions learned in school, leads me to only one conclusion.

After you dropped out of school (which you concede), you did not go back and get a high school degree.

Prove me wrong, if you can.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#213596 Feb 20, 2014
<quoted text>
LOL. I think you've earned the title of thread statistician.
Here's the thing...

Ar aR made the comment once upon a time that I spent "all day" on topix. That was back when I was well below 9,000 posts. I started posting here on May 18, 2009. I "greyboxed" as "Heretic" for about a month before that.

I forget what his number was, at the time, but - even then - his post avg was at 75 per day. It's ranged as high as 114 - per day - but never below 75 - for as long as I've paid attention.

Interestingly enough, my daily avg. for the entire time I've posted on topix has remained pretty consistent, at about 9 per day. That's under the scaritual account and the Nontheist account.

If you recall - I wanted to see if there was a difference between calling yourself a nontheist or an atheist - and if theists reacted differently - there was a difference.

I still have that account.
http://www.topix.com/member/profile/nontheist

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213597 Feb 20, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:

You have a penchant for lying.
This, together with your less than rudimentary awareness of the most elementary notions learned in school, leads me to only one conclusion.
After you dropped out of school (which you concede), you did not go back and get a high school degree.
Prove me wrong, if you can.
No. I don't lie.

I dropped out halfway through 11th grade, I wanted to work and I wanted to move out on my own.

Four years later, I went to adult education school downtown and did what I needed for my diploma.

I could prove it to you by emailing you a copy of my diploma.

I won't do that because you're a psycho hose beast.

So no proof for you, Lilly.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#213598 Feb 20, 2014
OG Kush wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you and I think you should listen to your electronic music professors a little more. You have much to learn. A good educator should not be close minded.
In popular music, a synth lead is generally used for playing the main melody of a song, but it is also often used for creating rhythmic or bass effects. Although most commonly heard in electronic dance music, synth leads have been used extensively in hip-hop since the 1980s and rock songs since the 1970s.
Most modern music relies heavily on the synth lead to provide a musical hook to sustain the listener's interest throughout an entire song.
A synth pad is a sustained chord or tone generated by a synthesizer, often employed for background harmony and atmosphere in much the same fashion that a string section is often used in acoustic music.
Typically, a synth pad plays many whole or half notes, sometimes holding the same note while a lead voice sings or plays an entire musical phrase.
Often, the sounds used for synth pads have a vaguely organ, string, or vocal timbre.
Much popular music in the 1980s employed synth pads, this being the time of polyphonic synthesizers, as did the then-new styles of smooth jazz and New Age music.
German band 'tangerine dream' scored the movie thief with James Caan all electronic 40+ yrs ago!
You remain a fossil!
Wake up and listen to the future professor
http://m.youtube.com/watch...
ok I woke up and listened to the "future" Holy Horseshit, there is no way you can be serious about this, REALLY???
Now I know why I steer my student away from this mindless garbage. It starts with something that sounds like a chainsaw at idle, Open 5th, and random open 5th for 1:30, I'm already bored to tears, these idiots think 1:30 of open 5th with chainsaw sounds is spellbinding, PLEASE!!! Then of course we have the obligatory wind sounds, very creative.

Ok, here comes the endless, and I mean endless three note Ostinato, with two triads over the top, and not very creative triads it's the II- to I-,not very exciting, Ok here comes the 6 note melody we'll hear until we're ready to puke, nice melody 5-4-b3-1-2 My granddaught could have written a more creative ditty. This goes on UNCHANGED for 4:45 with a real cheap fade out at the end. I thought fade outs went out in the 70's

No transition just a Choo Choo train sound for a min and another min to set the next boring drum machine groove. I simply couldn't stand anymore, the endless repartition finally got to me. Tie me in a room with this shit and I'll tell you where all the big guns are.

Final analysis: this is called minimalistic music, were everything lasts forever. There is NO fully formed melody only a 6 note motif used endlessly.. There is NO underlaying harmonic scheme, only childish diatonic triads. There is NO key change or change of modality, and this is what makes this no mindless and ultimately boring. Not even an attempt to change to new tonal centers, they probably don't know how, is see a lot of knob turning and tapes spinning, and very little performing They sit with glassy eyes, and slack jaws, no wonder

If this is what you consider a good example of electronic music, shame on you. There is so little music here as to be almost criminal to call it music.

Monotonous, in a monotone, lacking any melodic development, devoid of ANY harmonic scheme, monotonous drum tracks that sound more like a robot playing than a human, It's a collecting of unrelated sounds and special effects.

Whoever put this together knows noting about how to create a sense of drama, they are so into themselves with there chainsaw sounds, they think by having them last for an eternity, they become interesting, the opposite is true, things of very little substance grow old very quick.

Well at least I made it through about 7 min. of this total trash, If this is the future of music, I'll be working with my students to make sure they understand how bad this shit really is

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#213599 Feb 20, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly?
That makes you sad? Really?
Pardon me if I think you are talking through your ass again, BenAssFucked.
So says the serial prison rapist. Did you use toys with Ben? We know how you love to use a toothbrush.

Redondo Beach, CA

#213600 Feb 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I don't lie.
I dropped out halfway through 11th grade, I wanted to work and I wanted to move out on my own.
Four years later, I went to adult education school downtown and did what I needed for my diploma.
I could prove it to you by emailing you a copy of my diploma.
I won't do that because you're a psycho hose beast.
So no proof for you, Lilly.
You won't do it because you can't.

You have no high school degree.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#213601 Feb 20, 2014
<quoted text>
Dammit!
[I tied mine in with a previous post, though]
"Buck so much" is easily confused with
Butt munch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 min Rosa_Winkel 105,666
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min New Age Spiritual... 646,855
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 2 min okimar 53,829
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 8 min ATHEOI 49,326
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 9 min Adam 3,685
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 12 min WasteWater 2,097
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 44 min Inspector2 44,718
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr The Hangman 971,789
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 3 hr patsy the shared ... 26
More from around the web