Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Jul 18, 2009 Read more: Webbunny tumblelog 237,704
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Read more

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#213347 Feb 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
It's God's wrath on the sexual deviant and immoral.
If the Christian god existed, and were it possible to kill it, it would just to do so for a multitude of reasons, not the least of which is it sadistically taking its wrath out on us with a lethal virus. If a human being deliberately gave a person AIDS, he would justly be convicted of a crime. If it was as many people as your god is believed to have killed, that person would be executed. Do you think that your god should be subjected to a different standard?

But creating the AIDS virus and deliberately infecting millions of people with it isn't even close to its greatest crime against mankind. Building a master demon and unleashing it on the earth is a greater one.

There is even an far worse crime for it to answer for. Building hell, keeping souls conscious after death, and turning them over to this master demon to torture for eternity to no benefit to anybody dwarfs the two crimes against humanity listed above. Killing your god and its evil lieutenant in order to rescue those souls - or to allow them to slip into unconsciousness at the very least - would be the greatest act of kindness possible.

I don't expect you to agree. I realize that you believe that that god would burn you that way as well if you did. As you say, it is wrathful

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#213348 Feb 20, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
You and almost every other theist believes what they believe by faith. You and Snake Boy have a faith based belief about what the Bible says.
Ya but Snake Boy neglects to adhere to what the Bible says, he's either ignoring parts of it or is ignorant of parts of it.
The Topix Atheists! don't have such faith based beliefs.
"never a god!"
"God isn't real"
"Prayers don't work"

Etc.

The Topix Atheist! has many beliefs...
You are arguing, as is typical for a faith based believer, that your version is correct, while another is incorrect, with no justification greater than that of your opposition. You both believe by faith.
Negative.

My justification is the Bible itself. The Snake handling preachers super cherry pick Matthew 16:17-18. They handle snakes but they don't drink poison and they don't heal the sick with mere words. Also, they seem to have never read 1 Corinthians 10:9.

"We should not test Christ, as some of them did--and were killed by snakes."
What does that tell you about faith?
Stuff.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#213349 Feb 20, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler was not a Christian. He gave it up for Darwinism.
Joining Christine as a Hitler apologist, huh?
Good luck with that.
Few people can twist history as well as you. Hitler never read Darwin - he read Herbert Spencer. That's Social Darwinism, not Darwinism. Darwin was quite against the Social Darwinists. But we both know you're going to ignore that and push your attack on Darwin because of your strange religious bias against evolution.

I'm not surprised someone of your weak mental stature doesn't understand the difference, but the "Social" there is quite meaningful.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213350 Feb 20, 2014
Six_Of_One wrote:
This is a repulsive post and a horrible way to speak. Have you ever watched someone die from AIDS? A straight person? A child?
You are scum.
Yes I have.

You can thank the sexually immoral for that.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213351 Feb 20, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
*<Ar aR> "... UM..uhhh ... Sometimes Christians feel like a snake, sometimes they don't?...... PRAISE GOD ALMIGHTY AND JESUS TOO! IT CAN BE ANYTHING WE WANT IT TO BE....! "
Message to Ar aR: From now on, I will be typing your name as such: Ar aR
You are welcome to emulate me in this respect as well. BTW, I'm flattered in advance. You're almost like my 6th younger sibling. Okay, but they have the ability to utilize logic and reason and quit the emulation thing around ten(10) years old. So you'd be like an infant 6th sibling.
It's just an exclamation point.

Don't flatter yourself.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213352 Feb 20, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Redneck indeed is a disgrace to humankind.
And he's a wiseass about it.
*curtsies*

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213353 Feb 20, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
"It's God's wrath on the sexual deviant and immoral."
Then explain why it is a problem with newborns. Is your God punishing them for their immorality and deviance?
And why do people get it through transfusions? Isn't the fact they need transfusions bad enough without your God inflicting them with AIDS as well.
You are a doofus.
Nope.

The sexually immoral transmit the disease to their unborn babies.

Why?

Because they're sexually immoral.

Combatting AIDS is very simple; don't f_ck everything you see and you won't get it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213354 Feb 20, 2014
scaritual wrote:
Ar Ar claimed at one time he - only - posted from where he worked at, and that he didn't even have internet at his home.
Dude, you are way behind the times. That was like a year ago.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213355 Feb 20, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah and that was written 3000 or so years ago and these skeptics still don't get it. Then you tell them and there are emotional non rational responses like 6 of 1. What does any of that have to do with truth? Non healthy sexual behaviors equal incurable disease. Not only are they anti bible, they are anti science and anti logic.l
Yup. And these emotional, irrational Topix Atheists! call me a scum for saying it.

Oh well. At lest they read it, that's a start.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#213356 Feb 20, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Christian god existed, and were it possible to kill it, it would just to do so for a multitude of reasons, not the least of which is it sadistically taking its wrath out on us with a lethal virus. If a human being deliberately gave a person AIDS, he would justly be convicted of a crime. If it was as many people as your god is believed to have killed, that person would be executed. Do you think that your god should be subjected to a different standard?
But creating the AIDS virus and deliberately infecting millions of people with it isn't even close to its greatest crime against mankind. Building a master demon and unleashing it on the earth is a greater one.
There is even an far worse crime for it to answer for. Building hell, keeping souls conscious after death, and turning them over to this master demon to torture for eternity to no benefit to anybody dwarfs the two crimes against humanity listed above. Killing your god and its evil lieutenant in order to rescue those souls - or to allow them to slip into unconsciousness at the very least - would be the greatest act of kindness possible.
I don't expect you to agree. I realize that you believe that that god would burn you that way as well if you did. As you say, it is wrathful
If the "God of Abraham" were human it would be considered the most evil human in the history of the world.
The excuse "God is not bound by human laws." is as pathetic an excuse for atrocities as "Kings/Dictators/Emperors /etc. do not have to follow human laws".

If it is evil for a human to commit genocide then it is even worse for a deity claimed to be loving to commit genocide.

However, I do not consider "God" to be a deity and is no more "anthropomorphic" than a super nova or school of piranhas.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213357 Feb 20, 2014
No, we do not dismiss accurate information from any source. The reader has to decide if the information is accurate. Knowing the standards and history of the source is a good place to start.
Information being accurate is not dependent on who reads it.

It is either accurate or it is inaccurate.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#213358 Feb 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Lemme" is an informal contradiction for "let me".
PS. What does "chgristina" mean?
PSS. What does "no need for a pedantic fook wit to point them out" mean?
PS. What does Lemme mean? Are you trying pr make coherent words?

Is it? Over here it tends to be a nickname for Fraser "Lemmy" Kilmister so it must be another Americanism totally meaningless to anyone else, you are so brilliant at them. And I thought you had fooked up again? I really thought you were throwing stones in glass houses and getting p|ssed on in the rain.

Chgristina means christian, thanks for being a pedantic fook wit and point it out.

Ahh, the pedantic fook wit is a reference to you, I hope you like it

#213359 Feb 20, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Few people can twist history as well as you. Hitler never read Darwin - he read Herbert Spencer. That's Social Darwinism, not Darwinism. Darwin was quite against the Social Darwinists. But we both know you're going to ignore that and push your attack on Darwin because of your strange religious bias against evolution.
I'm not surprised someone of your weak mental stature doesn't understand the difference, but the "Social" there is quite meaningful.
Hi, long time no see, how are you doing?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213360 Feb 20, 2014

Kill God?

o.O

haha. Good luck.

God doesn't infect anyone with AIDS, people do that on their own accord using their God-given free will.

I will never contract AIDS through my own choices. It's nice knowing that.

As far as Hell goes, you've been duly warned. You know what to expect and you choose to do nothing about it. You'll send yourself there, God won't.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213361 Feb 20, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
PS. What does Lemme mean? Are you trying pr make coherent words?
Is it? Over here it tends to be a nickname for Fraser "Lemmy" Kilmister so it must be another Americanism totally meaningless to anyone else, you are so brilliant at them. And I thought you had fooked up again? I really thought you were throwing stones in glass houses and getting p|ssed on in the rain.
Chgristina means christian, thanks for being a pedantic fook wit and point it out.
Ahh, the pedantic fook wit is a reference to you, I hope you like it
ChristineM wrote:
it must be another Americanism totally meaningless to anyone else, you are so brilliant at them.
Nice. Thank you!

I'm flattered.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#213362 Feb 20, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah and that was written 3000 or so years ago and these skeptics still don't get it. Then you tell them and there are emotional non rational responses like 6 of 1. What does any of that have to do with truth? Non healthy sexual behaviors equal incurable disease. Not only are they anti bible, they are anti science and anti logic.l
You are a disgrace to the uniform.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#213363 Feb 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Information being accurate is not dependent on who reads it.

It is either accurate or it is inaccurate.
http://www.sundriesshack.com/wp-content/uploa...

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#213364 Feb 20, 2014
What point that I made did you want to contradict? I said that anything true that could be found on a Christian apologetics site could be found elsewhere.
No you did not. This is what you wrote.
----------
<quoted text>
Those of us with any familiarity with Christian apologetics sites have long since given up looking to them for reliable information. Most skeptics reject Christian apologists because we are familiar by now with their motives, ethics, and tactics.
Reputation and past performance matter. If you can only find something on a Christian site, it's likely faith based, meaning unsupported by evidence, and therefore not convincing to a rational skeptic.
If you want to cite a reference to an audience that isn't all faith based thinkers, choose one that isn't Christian. There is nothing known only to Christians, meaning that anything true on a Christian apologetics web site was imported from a secular site. Please link to that if you want your reference to be taken seriously.
Fair enough?
I wrote the source does not matter is the info is correct. You refuted which was probably knee jerk. Now you appear to introduce an alien concept to try and save face. Out of time.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#213366 Feb 20, 2014
*Data

#213367 Feb 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Kill God?
o.O
haha. Good luck.
God doesn't infect anyone with AIDS, people do that on their own accord using their God-given free will.
I will never contract AIDS through my own choices. It's nice knowing that.
As far as Hell goes, you've been duly warned. You know what to expect and you choose to do nothing about it. You'll send yourself there, God won't.
And who do you believe created AIDS?

Honey you canít just claim your god created the good bits and expect everyone you donít like to create the bad bits, that puts them on an equal creation footing to your god and I am sure you would not want that. For your god to have been responsible for creation then he must by definition have created AIDS, childhood leukaemia, cancer, malaria and so much more.

How do you know that you will never contract AIDS through your own choice. I know you are great at giving out Americanisms so please accept this bit of British wisdom in return Ė A standing prick has no conscience

Why do godbots always assume that threats of hell are going to effect anyone other then there own conscience?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Catcher1 825,725
Where did all these Dangerous Cops come from? 4 min Doctor REALITY 4
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min kent 582,813
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 6 min Jac 442,474
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 20 min Jac 98,830
3727 s 164th St zip cod 98188 21 min sunny 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 42 min Freebird USA 176,371
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Ugly Truth from d... 611,782
More from around the web