Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256128 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#213398 Feb 20, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
HL...think you might like this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =EjAoBKagWQAXX&feature=kp
If robots can one day have emotions, will they be capable of love?

And if so, will it matter to them the "gender" of whom they fall in love with?

... that video made me think of these questions....

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#213399 Feb 20, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> So you are effectually saying it is fine to dismiss accurate information because of the source.
Correct-- mainly because it's never accurate or honest (from **your** favorite sources).

This is experience talking-- your sources never tell the unvarnished facts-- always they lie, and with malice and aforethought.

Your sources have an **agenda**, after all.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#213400 Feb 20, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah and that was written 3000 or so years ago and these skeptics still don't get it. Then you tell them and there are emotional non rational responses like 6 of 1. What does any of that have to do with truth? Non healthy sexual behaviors equal incurable disease. Not only are they anti bible, they are anti science and anti logic.l
You are unaquanited with the truth or with any actual ... facts.

As for non healthy sexual behaviors?

Your hideous hate-cult is all too familiar with those, is it not?

Your cult teaches sexual deviancy: pure submissive on the part of the females, and pure dominance on the part of the males?

That is unhealthy.

Your cult **also** looks the other way, when children are abused by your cult's leaders.

That is **really** unhealthy.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#213401 Feb 20, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
What point that I made did you want to contradict? I said that anything true that could be found on a Christian apologetics site could be found elsewhere. Do you disagree? If so, please provide an example of factual information found only on one of these sites, who developed the data, and please tell us how you know that your example is factual.
If you cannot, then please tell us why insisting that you cite the original source from which the apologetics was imported is unacceptable to you.
The bottom line is that if you want to be believed, you have to present something that is believable to your target. I've told you that apologetics sites are no longer trusted by evidence based thinkers. We are all to familiar with the methods and standards. They are your own as well. You don't fact check, and you don't require good evidence or sound argument.
There is a radical difference between our ways of knowing. You don't respect ours, and we don't respect yours. I don't expect you to learn anything form me ever, because you do not trust my of deciding and knowing, which require evidence and reason. You trust faith and people with faith.
You should do the same: recognize that we don't trust faith based sources, and not just because faith is not a path to truth, but because faith based thinkers have a reputation for contempt for the truth as evidence based thinkers understand it, and have repeatedly demonstrated a proclivity for twisting facts to support their faith based preferences.
So either bring material from neutral, secular,and reputable sources, or be expect your.source to be distrusted. Reputation matters. Your divorce material was typical. This was the link: http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/tgc/2012/...
I looked for its sources. Three were provided. Click on the hypertext associated with them and see where it takes you - the same place in all three cases, which is where you already are.
Then I hunted down a review of the book cited in the first reference, and found this on Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/Christians-Hate-Filled-...
"Sociologist Bradley R. E. Wright uncovers what's really happening in the church: evangelicals are more respected by secular culture now than they were ten years ago; divorce rates of Christians are lower than those who aren't affiliated with a religion .. and shows that God is still effectively working through his people today."
Sorry, but I this is apologists citing other apologists. Show me non-Christians confirming these things. If they are true, that should be no problem. If it's a problem, they probably aren't true.
You can call that prejudice, which is prejudgement, and it is, but it's not irrational. It's based on experience, and is accurate. I have also prejudged that if I stick my hand in fire, I will be burned. Is that wrong to think?
Yep.

In less than a minute of GOOGLE, I found dozens of studies refuting his lie.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#213402 Feb 20, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Christian god existed, and were it possible to kill it, it would just to do so for a multitude of reasons, not the least of which is it sadistically taking its wrath out on us with a lethal virus. If a human being deliberately gave a person AIDS, he would justly be convicted of a crime. If it was as many people as your god is believed to have killed, that person would be executed. Do you think that your god should be subjected to a different standard?
But creating the AIDS virus and deliberately infecting millions of people with it isn't even close to its greatest crime against mankind. Building a master demon and unleashing it on the earth is a greater one.
There is even an far worse crime for it to answer for. Building hell, keeping souls conscious after death, and turning them over to this master demon to torture for eternity to no benefit to anybody dwarfs the two crimes against humanity listed above. Killing your god and its evil lieutenant in order to rescue those souls - or to allow them to slip into unconsciousness at the very least - would be the greatest act of kindness possible.
I don't expect you to agree. I realize that you believe that that god would burn you that way as well if you did. As you say, it is wrathful
Yes-- if the christian monster-god *did* actually exist?

It would behoove anyone who has the slightest sense of morality and even the *tiniest* shred of compassion, to hunt this monster down and destroy it.

Since (fortunately) this monster is 100% fiction?

The best we can do, is to try to combat the evil **idea** of this monster.

And so we do...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#213403 Feb 20, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
If the "God of Abraham" were human it would be considered the most evil human in the history of the world.
The excuse "God is not bound by human laws." is as pathetic an excuse for atrocities as "Kings/Dictators/Emperors /etc. do not have to follow human laws".
If it is evil for a human to commit genocide then it is even worse for a deity claimed to be loving to commit genocide.
However, I do not consider "God" to be a deity and is no more "anthropomorphic" than a super nova or school of piranhas.
Indeed.

Might **does**not** make right.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#213404 Feb 20, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
We should check with New Atheist guru, Sam Harris.
He might suggest murdering all HIV-positive people. He suggested murdering religious people for their thoughts, before any actions. The threat of an HIV carrier should be at least as dangerous.
What about it Sam? Thumbs up or down?
Well...

You could put two thumbs up his ass or two thumbs down his eye sockets.

That's a personal preference right there.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#213405 Feb 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Kill God?
o.O
haha. Good luck.
Your god is 100% fiction.

So it's the **idea** of your god we are "killing".

And?

It's working-- already your kind cannot burn witches nor impale heretics.

Soon, your god will be as dead as ..

..... Thor.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213406 Feb 20, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:

Yep.
In less than a minute of GOOGLE, I found dozens of studies refuting his lie.
Marriage is a religious act.

Why would any atheist get married?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213407 Feb 20, 2014

Indeed.
Might **does**not** make right.
What does make right?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#213408 Feb 20, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Those people die, too, Blob.
I do not talk to wife beaters or pedophiles -- and you are both-- you've admitted as much.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213409 Feb 20, 2014
Your god is 100% fiction.
So it's the **idea** of your god we are "killing".
And?
It's working-- already your kind cannot burn witches nor impale heretics.
Soon, your god will be as dead as ..
..... Thor.
My "kind" never burned witches. My "kind" knows that witchcraft is bullshit and doesn't exist. My "kind" loves their neighbor, wannabe witch or not.

How is it that your kind is killing a nonexistent god?

That's a feat in and of itself.....

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#213410 Feb 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage is a religious act.
Why would any atheist get married?
I do not talk to wife beaters or pedophiles -- and you are both-- you've admitted as much.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#213411 Feb 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What does make right?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#213412 Feb 20, 2014
<quoted text>
If robots can one day have emotions, will they be capable of love?
And if so, will it matter to them the "gender" of whom they fall in love with?
... that video made me think of these questions....
Are you going to make a square shaft fit a round sleeve?

Let me know how that turns out.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213413 Feb 20, 2014
I've never beaten a woman and I've never had sexual desires for kids.

G'head troll. Keep trolling.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#213414 Feb 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
My "kind" never burned witches. My "kind" knows that witchcraft is bullshit and doesn't exist. My "kind" loves their neighbor, wannabe witch or not.
How is it that your kind is killing a nonexistent god?
That's a feat in and of itself.....
Christians burned about a bathtub full of witches.

Atheist mass murderers top that on their coffee break.

The causal link between mass murder and atheism is about 180,000 times higher than that of Christianity.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213415 Feb 20, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you going to make a square shaft fit a round sleeve?
Let me know how that turns out.
It might not be a good idea to talk about rods and shafts to the Topix Atheists.

They might take it wrong and think you're flirting.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#213416 Feb 20, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why bother asking a question if you're just rant on and on like you already know the answer?
I believe that God created AIDS.
God doesn't transmit it, people do.
Stupid, immoral people.
Now, revise your post.
You do? And sexuality and lust? Wow what a great god you worship, not content with genocide and child murder he goes and invents killer diseases and the ability to transmit them too.

How about childhood leukaemia and the various cancers where the stupid immoral people who contract them have no fooking say in the matter? Are they your gods inventions too?

It is really no wonder that you are such a nasty a$$hole.

Why should I revise my post? Because you dictate it? Nope, life does not work like that.

And you have not answered my second or third questions

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#213417 Feb 20, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Few people can twist history as well as you. Hitler never read Darwin - he read Herbert Spencer. That's Social Darwinism, not Darwinism. Darwin was quite against the Social Darwinists. But we both know you're going to ignore that and push your attack on Darwin because of your strange religious bias against evolution.
I'm not surprised someone of your weak mental stature doesn't understand the difference, but the "Social" there is quite meaningful.
Hi, Hiding!

*waves*

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Anthony MN 650,746
Why did God allow sin into His universe? 6 min Doctor REALITY 29
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 8 min RiccardoFire 45,006
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 9 min Doctor REALITY 445,938
the sick dark lonely world of homosexual1987 12 min Doctor REALITY 3
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 min Neville Thompson 281,485
how long after taking the Vivitrol shot can i f... (Nov '12) 15 min Doctor REALITY 173
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 17 min Catcher1 56,378
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 1 hr Ajay 74
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 hr Hangman 971,894
More from around the web