Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256555 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#213025 Feb 18, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Do we need to fuss over what kind of ignorant he was? He had great faith, and now he's dead.
Are you familiar with the Darwin Awards?
The preacher's son has vowed to take over the church and continue the use of poisonous snakes in their rituals.

A perfect example of "keep the faith."

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#213026 Feb 18, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:

Really?
Are you a mind reader?
If so, you're not a very good one because "the marriage certificate is just a piece of paper", were not words uttered by me, in my supposed marriage that I was never unfaithful in and did not abandon.
When there's no love, a contract is exactly what it is, it's all it is. If it wasn't, marriage would not be a legal issue at all.
When there's love, marriage is only deemed necessary, by the law as well as societal standards set by people who are not me.
Throughout history, marriage has been nothing more than a business transaction and sacred love, requires no legal bondage.
In our society, marriage is never deemed necessary. It's a personal choice.

I don't view marriage as a legal contract like you heartless Topix Atheists! do. I view it as a holy and sacred bond between a couple before God, a covenant.

To degrade marriage down to just a "legal contract" is ludicrous to me.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213027 Feb 18, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I’m picking on our Atheist friends but I do agree with separation from Church and State. In my opinion where there’s a historical preference already in place. Such as with memorial crosses from WWII for example. Those should stay in place because they are now part of history.
If these Ten Commandments have been on display on government property for 50 years. They’re now part of the communities history and should remain.
Anyway these guys are fun to pick on. And they take it so well.[smiling]
In that particular story you linked to, the Ten Commandments display was not on public property. It was on private property out in front of the courthouse.

Separation established.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213028 Feb 18, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
So says Mr. Divorced.
I know, blame the woman.
Eagle 12 wrote:
Always two sides to every story.
You don’t know both sides so you just step down from your podium and stop passing judgment on people.
You are asking a possible feat from an impossible man.....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213029 Feb 18, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
.. welcome home RR; we all missed you ..
.. either you're a bit prejudice against gays (mediocre bigot) or I'm overly sensitive ..
.. cant decide which one ..
.. but, unequivocally, you are a prime specimen for the sociological study of misogyny and racial bigotry ..
.. and, a bible thumper ..
I'll thump it against yet tight buttocks muscles.

How bout that?

Hi

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213030 Feb 18, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
How do you know they're lesbian?

They might be bi.

They might be acting.

Ya never know.

Why label them?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213031 Feb 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Unable to speak?!
No, that's not what I said.
blacklagoon wrote:
Yes you did, you agreed with eagle 12 assessment that anyone who doesn't believe in YOUR God is dumb.
Oh.

Yes, apologies. I neglected to check the Topix Atheist! simple-minded dictionary of one-meaning words.

My bad.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213032 Feb 18, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Are you an idiot, right there before your face......"these signs will accompany those who believe in my name,, they will PICK UP snakes. Anyone who wants to validate their belief and be on the "right side" of God, would do those things without worrying about the dangers as in "It will not hurt them."
There is no commandment, just a very plain instruction that, if you believe in me, do these things, they can't hurt you.
There is a direct commandment which invalidates your little hypothesis.

Jesus answered him, "It is said: Do not test the Lord your God."

Those folks that test God are as foolish as you.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213033 Feb 18, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
You had a thought? Prove it.
Fyi, ar ar hit his ex wife that he divorced, on the head.
She had it comin.

I warned her over and over again to stop biting me. I begged her to stop.

She didn't.

Bitch got bopped on the head.

Then she stopped.

You see, if a woman is man enough to hit, she's man enough to get hit.

Never forget that.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#213034 Feb 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>She had it comin.

She didn't.

Then she stopped.

Never forget that.
Never forget that?

You're an idiot.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#213035 Feb 18, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!
Looks like you just gave this thread's Christian heterosexual males on this thread something to fantasize about - married, or not!
LOL
Roc
Lightbeamer's level of seriousness is perplexing. and we all suffer for his sanity.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213036 Feb 18, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
"Animals don't have Gods, they're smarter than that"
True, but they're immoral enough to eat their young.

Is that what the Topix Atheist! aspires for?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213037 Feb 18, 2014
Or give it two neurons - at least not while he was out of bed or on his feet. His CNS would be spoken for.
Have you seen Honey Boo-Boo and her family?
I like the Robertson's because of their strong Christian and family values.

I've seen Honey Boo-Boo but never watched the show. I watched about 2 minutes of it on YouTube a few weeks ago and had to turn it off. Talk about ridiculous....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213038 Feb 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Eagle was correct. Coots died because he was Biblically ignorant.
Do we need to fuss over what kind of ignorant he was? He had great faith, and now he's dead.
Had you read past the first sentence, there'd be no fuss. You'd understand what I meant.
Are you familiar with the Darwin Awards?
Yes. And Coots definitely gets that award, along with every other nincompoop who tests God like he did.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#213039 Feb 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>She had it comin.

She didn't.

Then she stopped.

Never forget that.
I wonder what would push a woman to bite a lying, misogynist drunk of a man(?), over and over.

I know a thing or two about misogynist lying men who drink a lot.

I didn't bite one I was with though. I learnt to fight in the streets as a tiny teen girl, because I was beaten to a pulp daily, at home, by a grown man, until I was 13 years old.

I learnt Muay Thai, in a gym and had to fight guys because girls couldn't take me, even if they were twice my size.

I had to defend myself from would be rapists.

Two of my boyfriends hit me when I was older. They hit me first and they only got to do it once.

My ex husband backhanded me, years later, so hard my head smashed into the wall, we had a two month old baby at the time and I was recovering from a c-section. He was drunk and I yelled at him because we were having an argument.

I'm verbal, small and non violent but no man gets to hit me more than once, the one I married, was no exception.

There's a great big world outside of your village, with all kinds of people in it.

A man who hits a woman, is not a man at all, not even if he hides behind a "god" that doesn't exist and is protected by a church that harbours pedophiles.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#213040 Feb 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>In our society, marriage is never deemed necessary. It's a personal choice.

I don't view marriage as a legal contract like you heartless Topix Atheists! do. I view it as a holy and sacred bond between a couple before God, a covenant.

To degrade marriage down to just a "legal contract" is ludicrous to me.
Says the guy who left his wife.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213041 Feb 18, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Here's the Scripture, buddy boy: Mark 16:17-18 "And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.” Nowhere in there is a commandment to do anything.

Do you see a commandment or do you wanna just continue elementary school insults?
I see a challenge. How strong is your faith? Do you really believe? Do you trust your god and his promises? I don't, but do you? I sure hope not.
Of course I trust God. But I'm wise and learned enough not to test Him. Jesus said not to, so I won't.

That Scripture is not a challenge. The Bible is consistent that God will protect us according to His will. It is also consistent that we should not test God. See Exodus 17:2 and Matthew 4:7.

Apparently, neither you nor Coots ever studied the Bible very much...

1 Corinthians 10:9
"We should not test Christ, as some of them did - and were killed by snakes."

I can understand that you've probably never read that Scripture, but you'd think a supposed minister or pastor would've read that part.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213042 Feb 18, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
Never forget that?
You're an idiot.
You'll remember.

I have faith in you.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#213044 Feb 18, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
Says the guy who left his wife.
She broke her vows, her covenant between me and God.

There was nothing left.

Stop presuming. There's more to life and relationships than your one little story.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#213045 Feb 18, 2014
OG Kush wrote:
<quoted text>
Dead wrong?
You are already dead musically but don't know it!
Out of date out of touch living in the past
I doubt your musical expertise surpasses mine in anyway.
This is the future grandpa...
An immersive virtual musical instrument, or immersive virtual environment for music and sound, represents sound processes and their parameters as 3D entities of a virtual reality so that they can be perceived not only through auditory feedback but also visually in 3D and possibly through tactile as well as haptic feedback, using 3D interface metaphors consisting of interaction techniques such as navigation, selection and manipulation (NSM).
I forgot to ask are you also a virtuoso on the trumpet?
It is painfully obvious you know little of electronics.
You should perhaps tell the people who hire me to perform and compose that I'm" dead" musically, it might save them quite a bit of money, ha ha ha ha.

Yes I suppose everyone who enjoys music by the great classical composers are also "out of touch and living in the past"

Your argument fails on so many levels as to be laughable, you don't even realize that music is an art form, you approach it as technological advancements in electronics which has nothing to do with art.

Such impressive words, or so you think........3D entities of a virtual reality...auditory feedback......hepatic feedback........3D interface metaphors..........Doesn't sound very human to me nor anyone else concerned with music as a human creative process.

Once again the phrase, "Ever see an old diamond" comes to mind. You fail to understand that there is no such thing as outdated music, and living in the past as it relates to music is nonsensical, you realize none of these things because you know nothing about music or its history, most likely because you're a wet behind the ears pup, who doesn't realize what actually constitutes as music.

I can assure you that your expertise in music is most likely non-existance, and the phrase "I've forgotten more than you will ever know" comes to mind.

I play well enough to be in demand, and have made a very comfortable living in an extremely competitive environment. I have no other source of income like many "Weekend Warriors" who sell insurance during the week or run a car dealership.

You obviously live in a stark world of sharp edges, black, silver, chrome, the smell of electricity, you have not discovered, and probably never will, the world of subtle curves, and shapes, of a myriad of colors and hues, only things than can come from humans. Good luck with your world of 3D interface metaphors and hepatic feedback, I'll stick to breathing life into music where nothing played is exactly to same way no matter how many times it's played.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 11 min bad bob 183,170
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 13 min lightbeamrider 106,495
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 31 min LAWEST100 653,901
rajkot to chotila gey sex (Nov '15) 34 min samir 19
Looking for Female Yorkie to mate with my male ... (Mar '13) 52 min Miguel 169
looking for male pomeranian to breed with 2 yea... (Apr '11) 56 min Wanting new babies 113
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr andet1987 2,575
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Insults Are Easier 63,721
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr crucifiedguy 281,853
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr Gabriel 973,749
More from around the web