Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#212253 Feb 13, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Good, so glad you ancestors had the foresight and clairvoyance to p|ss off so you could be born across the Atlantic and not here
Yes the puritans moved over the water so they could be free to impose their religion on all by force, threat and violence if required. It seems that your ancestors did a good job.
Ahh but China and India beats you on population numbers, China is catching up and due to overtake you on finance. Europe beats you on humanity and human rights. Oh yes and the African nations have been electing Black presidents for a long time so no need to get you nickers in a twist. Tell me have you had any female presidents yet? Honey you want to hype up the US with propaganda then you need to understand the state of the world before sticking your foot in your mouth.
Perhaps you are correct that in the US man in inhumane, not so much in Europe. I do not ridicule any god thatís just your own insecurity. What is the point of ridiculing a myth?
The threats to this world at the moment originate from/because of the 3 abrahamic religions, The Hebrews are determined to massacre the Palestinians and hence begin a war with Islam and Islam is determined to see their religions grow by wiping the christian aggressor off the map. So is seems that without the three abrahamic religions this world would be a safer place to live.
Ahh so you agree that while freeing his few chosen people your god carried out the first genocide, murdered tens of thousands of children and condoned rape and slavery?
He advised that the people his chosen few captured should be either murdered or kept as sex slaves and raped at will. Itís written in the babble so you canít deny it.
Funny your wet dreams about Hitler because he has never been excommunicated and what he did he did with full knowledge and agreement of the Vatican/ As far as the head of the biggest christian church in the world was concern then he was still a good christian. It is not your decision who is or is not christian
Now you are being foolish, Hitlerís father was Jewish, the Hebrew people consider Satan to be a personal metaphor, the yetzer hara that tempts us to do wrong and metaphors do not sire children.
And still you have not seen the decency to respond to the original statement that ďNot one addiction clinic in the UK is affiliated to any churchĒ. Why is this, could it be that it shows you were wrong?
Hitler has never been kicked out of the Moose Lodge, either.

So Hitler is a moose. He has antlers.

Great reasoning again, Chris Stalin.

I don't know your income status, but you could make good money as a consultant to people who want to sound stupid.

Oh, by the way. Europe doesn't piss without asking our permission.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#212254 Feb 13, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Sometimes you have to trim the heard, for good reason. Just like when those scientists killed that healthy giraffe the other day.
I believe that's what Hitler felt...
Richardfs

Saint Marys, Australia

#212255 Feb 13, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler has never been kicked out of the Moose Lodge, either.
So Hitler is a moose. He has antlers.
Great reasoning again, Chris Stalin.
I don't know your income status, but you could make good money as a consultant to people who want to sound stupid.
Oh, by the way. Europe doesn't piss without asking our permission.
Based on your logic (and typing than made me LOL) he was an islamic communist!!

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#212256 Feb 13, 2014

Location hidden

#212257 Feb 13, 2014
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on your logic (and typing than made me LOL) he was an islamic communist!!
No. My logic only says that his Christian upbringing and his name on a membership role does not make him anything.

It's solid logic. Especially coupled with the documentation proving he hated christianity and had plans in place to eradicate it from Germany.

You might want to check your own typing, Richard fuckstick.
Richardfs

Saint Marys, Australia

#212258 Feb 13, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
No. My logic only says that his Christian upbringing and his name on a membership role does not make him anything.
It's solid logic. Especially coupled with the documentation proving he hated christianity and had plans in place to eradicate it from Germany.
You might want to check your own typing, Richard fuckstick.
So he wasn't a NAZI.

ps. We all make typos.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#212259 Feb 13, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
Maybe if their church didn't kill and abuse so many, someone might care or even believe they're downtrodden.
There is no reason to have feelings for a church - just its victims, which includes its adherents. If some people are feeling a bit beleaguered defending the church, that is by choice. We expect them to consider our arguments, reconsider their own choices, and make rational and compassionate ones in place of simply accepting ideas on faith. If they can't or won't do so, then they'll just have to accept the scorn of those of us who have.

I do empathize with them. They probably got to where they are with no malice, and in obedience to people and ideas that they trusted. But they'll have to take that up with those people. We have to concern ourselves with societal health and the victims of the church, not the plight of people caught in the crossfire of a transforming cultural paradigm, who, as I alluded, are also its victims - albeit willing ones.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#212260 Feb 13, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>And high school dropouts outnumber people with doctorate degrees. Did you have a point?
They're gonna beat us up?

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#212261 Feb 13, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> 1) Spiritual things , which science has limited understanding, should not be insinuated as majic. There is no abra cadabra. 2) Ok, but as the story goes, God created man and has made a prescription for his behavior. Righteousness according to him.
.. it seems you're confusing magic, mysticism and spirituality ..

.. magic is the use of different techniques, including rituals and tricks, to accomplish a given result. In religion, baptismal and the Eucharist would be considered magic, abracadabra, a person is saved from hell ..

.. if anything, Jesus was a mystic; He combined magic and spirituality ..

Fennario

#212262 Feb 13, 2014
KiMare wrote:
I equated specific points of the Creation story to science.
blacklagoon wrote:
No you DIDN'T equate specific points of the creation story to science, you re-interpreted them so you could get them to align with science. This is not only extremely dishonest and desperate, it's down right stupid. Point of fact, the order of creation stated in Genesis does not even come close to the order that science shows us to be true.
But if you think that you need to try to steal the glorious achievements of science to validate your mythology despite the fact that their accounts of the history of the universe have unbelievably little in common, or to offer prophecies of the quality of Chinese fortune cookies as evidence of a supernatural provenance for it - if these are your best arguments - then what you are actually saying is that you have nothing at all.

Notice his tacit admission that the science is correct. He is hoping to make his mythology appear to conform to it.

But that's a pretty tough job considering how little the biblical creation myth resembles the scientific account. Each contains many, many ideas, with almost no overlap. He came up with the universe and life having a beginning, like every other creation myth, but absolutely nothing else. There is no other idea in either account that can be found in the other.

Regarding the advent of human life, he claimed that his bible anticipated that mankind is made from "dirt." But that is not the scientific account. Our composition resembles the oceans in which our ancient ancestors evolve more. His bible would have done better if it claimed that his god had fashioned us from the sea with its water, ions, and organic molecules. I'll bet one of the other myths got that part right, which would make it twice as prophetic as the Genesis myth.

Location hidden

#212263 Feb 13, 2014
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
So he wasn't a NAZI.
ps. We all make typos.
You seem confused.

Location hidden

#212264 Feb 13, 2014
<quoted text>
There is no reason to have feelings for a church - just its victims, which includes its adherents. If some people are feeling a bit beleaguered defending the church, that is by choice. We expect them to consider our arguments, reconsider their own choices, and make rational and compassionate ones in place of simply accepting ideas on faith. If they can't or won't do so, then they'll just have to accept the scorn of those of us who have.
I do empathize with them. They probably got to where they are with no malice, and in obedience to people and ideas that they trusted. But they'll have to take that up with those people. We have to concern ourselves with societal health and the victims of the church, not the plight of people caught in the crossfire of a transforming cultural paradigm, who, as I alluded, are also its victims - albeit willing ones.
I compliment your tone.

I recall when it was not this way.

But I still don't like Grateful Dead.

Location hidden

#212265 Feb 13, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
They're gonna beat us up?
If you like that sort of thing, I could find time to knock you around a bit.

First, I owe Bongo an ass whoopin'.

Should I pencil you in, Aunt Betty?

Location hidden

#212266 Feb 13, 2014
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
But if you think that you need to try to steal the glorious achievements of science to validate your mythology despite the fact that their accounts of the history of the universe have unbelievably little in common, or to offer prophecies of the quality of Chinese fortune cookies as evidence of a supernatural provenance for it - if these are your best arguments - then what you are actually saying is that you have nothing at all.
Notice his tacit admission that the science is correct. He is hoping to make his mythology appear to conform to it.
But that's a pretty tough job considering how little the biblical creation myth resembles the scientific account. Each contains many, many ideas, with almost no overlap. He came up with the universe and life having a beginning, like every other creation myth, but absolutely nothing else. There is no other idea in either account that can be found in the other.
Regarding the advent of human life, he claimed that his bible anticipated that mankind is made from "dirt." But that is not the scientific account. Our composition resembles the oceans in which our ancient ancestors evolve more. His bible would have done better if it claimed that his god had fashioned us from the sea with its water, ions, and organic molecules. I'll bet one of the other myths got that part right, which would make it twice as prophetic as the Genesis myth.
All right then. Add some sea water and call it mud. Mud-to-Man. Still quite a story.

Did you know about this cure for cancer?

http://www.rifeenergymedicine.com/difference....

Fennario

#212267 Feb 13, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> "cold rain and snow" today.
Well she's coming down the stairs combin' back her yellow hair, and I ain't goin' be treated this old way.

Location hidden

#212268 Feb 13, 2014
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Continued:
4.) Hitler made references to your God in many of his speeches, the word GOD was present on the belt buckle of every single soldier in his army. The Catholic Church celebrated his birthday on many occasions, and he was NEVER excommunicated by the Church for his crimes against mankind.
Hitler is simply dead, as are all those who's lives have ended, there is no evidence that life continues after death and certainly no evidence for either heaven or hell. I'm always at a loss to figure out why you think some kind of cosmic justice exists.
You doctrine is so dysfunctional, here is a prime example.
Rejecting Jesus and or God is considered the one unpardonable sin punishable by being throw into those lakes of fire you think exist. I could in fact be a very decent human being, a loving husband and father, going out of my way the help the needy, give to charities, but because I am unable, due to the critical thinking ability given to me by this God, to believe in Jesus or God, I am condemned to eternal torture.
Now we have a serial killer who specializes in young children. He lives to commit horrendous acts of cruelty. He kidnaps, and then slowly, ever so slowly tortures them. He keeps them alive for days and weeks, the agony for these poor children never seems to end. And when he tires of his sick game, he rapes and then murders them. A prime candidate for eternal torture right? Wrong, all this sick individual must do is to be "saved" renounce his sins and accept Jesus Christ as his savior, and he has punched his ticket to eternal bliss in heaven.
It's a sick and twisted doctrine, how anyone with any intelligence can accept such bullshit will remain a mystery to me.
You didn't explain in there anywhere how dinosaurs reproduced with no DNA.

Teasing us?

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#212269 Feb 13, 2014
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I think my thesis in that subthread has been that KiMare has invested considerable resources in a promise that not only cannot be validated and need not be kept, but which comes from a source that has made other promises that haven't been kept.
You seem to be saying that faith in scripture - choosing to accept it as authoritative - is an adequate basis for trusting it. Why isn't faith in any other contradictory and mutually exclusive position just as valid?
As I have recently pointed out, and Bongo has confirmed without coming straight out, is that Bongo really does not believe what he said about scripture and strongly held belief. He admitted that even though a Muslim has a strongly held belief in the Quran the Muslim is wrong.

Which admission completely destroys Bongo's argument that strongly held beliefs are right.

#212270 Feb 13, 2014
KiMare wrote:
Smirk.
This accompanies a great many of KiMare's posts.

Clearly KiMare does not believe it when the Bible says humility is a virtue.

#212271 Feb 13, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Sometimes you have to trim the heard, for good reason. Just like when those scientists killed that healthy giraffe the other day.
This is one of the WORST things apologetics has to say. Utterly immoral.

#212272 Feb 13, 2014
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Im offering no defense for the catholics but I am suprised at that prejudiced atheist indignation that majors on a few hundred kids violated by a few priests yet does not seem to consider millions starving to death and subject to poverty, and drug and alcohol abusing parents, to name just a few maladies. Religion with all its problems is a better way.
A few hundred???

You are sadly misinformed.

And even one, abused in the name of religion, is one too many.

More awful apologetics from Bongo.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Catcher1 738,681
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 5 min RFD 3,048
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Oxbow 542,068
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min JudgeNJury 259,191
America is feeding the Chinese 9 min Ultra Dave 5
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 10 min Rosa_Winkel 95,436
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 12 min jimmysays 1,807
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 50 min mike 600,993
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 1 hr Chlo-chan 149
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••