Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
203,181 - 203,200 of 224,740 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Judged:

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
I can read fine. Here is his words "<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You just keep repeating yourself like unsophisticated software
He answered you. Many of us did. No, we don't.
Then he asked you questions, and as is typical for you, you offer no answers.
You didn't learn a thing during your last visit, did you? You are back to ask your same question again and again and again and again, and give nothing in return. It was explained to you how counterproductive that was toward your presumed purpose, and you were both told about and shown the contempt it would generate.
Still, like the faith based thinker you are, you ignored reason and evidence, and chose to give it another try. That is your contribution. You offer yourself as an example of the damage that faith based thought can do - how it removes you from reality, and sets you on a path of irrelevance.
We see it in KiMare as well, who has also chosen a path of irrelevance that alienates the people he wants to reach, who has also been told just how that is so, and who thinks he'll give it another try anyway.
Clearwater is on the same boat. He actually uses the negative feedback as evidence that he is on the right path because a bible passage "foretells" that such behavior will be repudiated - another casualty of faith based thinking. I imagine that you and KiMare would agree.
Riverside Redneck did better. He was able to use the negative feedback he was receiving to modify his posting style. Neither you, Clearwater, nor KiMare has that ability."
In his hate of Christ he thinks he knows what ability people do or do not have. Funny thing I've been reading postings from people that are quite vocal against the church and often sit in judgment. Some have said outright one reason they leave is because they feel Christians look down on them and yet in this forum we see it often from people that are not Christian. Just saying.
b Just admit that you want to call him the antichrist , because when you do that , it's ok to kill him. Then after you kill him you will go... oops he wasn't the antichrist cause I keel'ed him. But he ( you point over there>) is the antichrist!
It's the christian way.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong. <quoted text> Wrong. <quoted text> By the Holy Spirit you may be right for the first time. Although crudely put. No surprise there. <quoted text> Not really. <quoted text>
hahaaa...

Good rebuttals~/. We've all learned so, so much from your views given above~/.
lightbeamrider wrote:
You are leaving out a lot and from the tone it all sounds absurd to you but you need to know He did not sacrifice Himself for the benefit the the those destined for destruction. The message of the cross is foolishness to them as you indicate.
Maybe you could clarify the "leaving out a lot and from the tone it all sounds absurd" part with your insight.
lightbeamrider wrote:
Is any of this original or paraphrases from a hostile site? Probably the latter.
It's original, although I've stated it in numerous ways.

It doesn't come from religious doctrine or a book of myth, if that's what you're asking.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>b Just admit that you want to call him the antichrist , because when you do that , it's ok to kill him. Then after you kill him you will go... oops he wasn't the antichrist cause I keel'ed him. But he ( you point over there>) is the antichrist!
It's the christian way.
"It's the mean old debbil"
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity; The result of an imaginary screw with an imaginary virgin and an imaginary deity's - "proxy ghost self" - which "fathered" itself, just so it could sacrifice itself to itself to save its own creations from the wrath of itself.
What were you saying about Christian credulity, again?
If you only knew what you donít know. Then you would know that you didnít know what you claimed to know. Knowing nothing as if it was something is a weight without the scale.

And you have nothing to compare because you have nothing from the beginning. In the end you will still have nothing. Belief in nothingness is not something to be proud of.

Try selling non existing hot chocolate in a blizzard. Or imaginary snow cones in the hot Summer. Even though you have nothing, youíre so proud of your nothingness.

Your argument is non existent because itís without substance. Something is always better than nothing. And nothing is all you have. Zero multiplied or divided by Zero always equals Zero.

Zero is what you believe in and Zero is nothing.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Judged:

Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you only knew what you donít know. Then you would know that you didnít know what you claimed to know. Knowing nothing as if it was something is a weight without the scale.
And you have nothing to compare because you have nothing from the beginning. In the end you will still have nothing. Belief in nothingness is not something to be proud of.
Try selling non existing hot chocolate in a blizzard. Or imaginary snow cones in the hot Summer. Even though you have nothing, youíre so proud of your nothingness.
Your argument is non existent because itís without substance. Something is always better than nothing. And nothing is all you have. Zero multiplied or divided by Zero always equals Zero.
Zero is what you believe in and Zero is nothing.
"In the beginning...."

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> hahaaa...
Good rebuttals~/. We've all learned so, so much from your views given above~/.
Factually incorrect is all that is necessary. Hahaa is more of a response having nothing to do with logic. You cannot even get right what you critique. That means you respond to a distortion. A phantom.
Maybe you could clarify the "leaving out a lot and from the tone it all sounds absurd" part with your insight.
Could and have but it would be a waste of time. Paul critiqued it all 1900+ years ago when he stated the gospel is foolishness to those who are perishing.
<quoted text>
It's original, although I've stated it in numerous ways.
Doubtful. Kilmare responded to a similar critique just a few pages away. At least Divinity Surgeon cites a source. Are you saying Divinity's source copied from you?
----------

Divinity Surgeon wrote:
"The Story of Salvation
Omnipotent God chooses not to use his power to simply forgive humankind, but instead implements a solution which requires that he impregnate a teen girl in order to give birth to himself so he can have himself slaughtered to save human beings from the hell that he created.
He then decides to communicate his scheme through conflicting accounts penned decades later by anonymous authors and subjectively handed down by flawed translators who can't even agree on the interpretation of "virgin".
Think about it."
- The Thinking Atheist.
----------

lightbeamrider wrote:
Is any of this original or paraphrases from a hostile site? Probably the latter.
It doesn't come from religious doctrine or a book of myth, if that's what you're asking.
Well seeing as how you got so much wrong it is believable you did not refer to the New Testament which you refer to as a book of myth. You must think you are right and 2000 years of Christianity has always been wrong. You do have a right to be wrong.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Judged:

Some might find this interesting:

So and So brought the betrayal of Jesus by Judas to my attention last night, and I've been thinking about it ever sense. Luke 22:3 says that Judas was possessed by Satan which led him to the Pharisees with his plan to double-cross Jesus.

Now, here is where things get weird for the bible narrative. If Satan is aware of God's plan to sacrifice Jesus in order to save humanity, and if Satan wants to take as many people to hell as he can, why on earth would he help God with his plan to have Jesus crucified thus providing a savior for the world?

Is Satan helping God?
Is God pulling Satan's strings?
Where is the free will that Christians claim exists in any of this?

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Judged:

Doctor REALITY wrote:
Atheism is not a 'faith'. It's 'spiritual cowardice', where men try to run and hide from the Lord that they might continue to embrace the sins they love.'Where can I go, that You are not there, o; Lord?!'
IMHO, Christianity is the "spiritual cowardice", in that it is following the herd, afraid of rocking the boat. Atheism is facing the truth, no matter how much you might want it to be otherwise. There is no evidence of God, but (most) Christians are afraid to face that fact.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Judged:

Divinity Surgeon wrote:
"The Story of Salvation
Omnipotent God chooses not to use his power to simply forgive humankind, but instead implements a solution which requires that he impregnate a teen girl in order to give birth to himself so he can have himself slaughtered to save human beings from the hell that he created.
He then decides to communicate his scheme through conflicting accounts penned decades later by anonymous authors and subjectively handed down by flawed translators who can't even agree on the interpretation of "virgin".
Think about it."
- The Thinking Atheist.
Well, when you put it like *that*, it sounds very silly.

;)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>b Just admit that you want to call him the antichrist , because when you do that , it's ok to kill him. Then after you kill him you will go... oops he wasn't the antichrist cause I keel'ed him. But he ( you point over there>) is the antichrist!
It's the christian way.
Indeed, it *is* the christian way.

One of many reasons why calling it a death cult, is valid.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Judged:

TheBlackSheep wrote:
Some might find this interesting:
So and So brought the betrayal of Jesus by Judas to my attention last night, and I've been thinking about it ever sense. Luke 22:3 says that Judas was possessed by Satan which led him to the Pharisees with his plan to double-cross Jesus.
Now, here is where things get weird for the bible narrative. If Satan is aware of God's plan to sacrifice Jesus in order to save humanity, and if Satan wants to take as many people to hell as he can, why on earth would he help God with his plan to have Jesus crucified thus providing a savior for the world?
Is Satan helping God?
Is God pulling Satan's strings?
Where is the free will that Christians claim exists in any of this?
Brilliant!

By using sound logic and understanding of the long-term consequences of a given action, we see how really stupid the bible narrative really is.

In short, the people who wrote it were about as sophisticated as ... a goat herder.

... hardly surprising, as they *were* just goat herders in fact.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Judged:

Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
IMHO, Christianity is the "spiritual cowardice", in that it is following the herd, afraid of rocking the boat. Atheism is facing the truth, no matter how much you might want it to be otherwise. There is no evidence of God, but (most) Christians are afraid to face that fact.
Most christians *know* there is no evidence for god.

They call this knowing, "doubts" and are constantly whining about how to counter these doubts.

It's pretty sad to witness, really-- there is no real cure for such doubts--

-- except with actual evidence, of course.

Of which they have none.

And around and around it goes...

... is it any wonder they are so jealous of non-believers, who have got *off* the nauseous carousel?
christINSANITY is EVIL

Leamington, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Judged:

mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked if lying was absolutely morally wrong.
You need to answer others questions first,if you expect to be taken seriously

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Aura Mytha wrote:
It's the christian way.
Hang on a second! I thought I was the antichrist.

Oh wait, I'm the debil.. oops.. hard to keep up with all the fantasies.
christINSANITY is EVIL

Leamington, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> BLOB, You've got a psychosis, you blithering idiot.
You're projecting,again,dumbo

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, when you put it like *that*, it sounds very silly.
;)
I only believe in Buffy, plus, she didn't die and she was nice enough to help make more slayer goddesses.

lol

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
Factually incorrect is all that is necessary. Hahaa is more of a response having nothing to do with logic. You cannot even get right what you critique. That means you respond to a distortion. A phantom.
Still, you have no rebuttal. Just the usual LBR bare assertions and argumentative fallacies.

I'm not sure you can do more than that.
lightbeamrider wrote:
Could and have but it would be a waste of time. Paul critiqued it all 1900+ years ago when he stated the gospel is foolishness to those who are perishing.
Still, you have no rebuttal. Just the usual LBR bare assertions and argumentative fallacies.
lightbeamrider wrote:
Doubtful. Kilmare responded to a similar critique just a few pages away. At least Divinity Surgeon cites a source. Are you saying Divinity's source copied from you?
----------
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
"The Story of Salvation
Think about it."
- The Thinking Atheist.
----------
lightbeamrider wrote:
I dunno, lets look.

Here's one version.

From Jul 15, 2010
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/la-mirada-ca/...

Maybe you can find a date for when the comment supplied by Luci(Divinity Surgeon) was made @ The Thinking Atheist, and compare the dates.

I've made the similar observation/comment on various forums(not topix, alone) in one form or another for almost 10 years now.
lightbeamrider wrote:
Well seeing as how you got so much wrong it is believable you did not refer to the New Testament which you refer to as a book of myth.
It(bible) is a book of myth. It(bible) qualifies as historical fiction - or myth - and nothing more.
lightbeamrider wrote:
You must think you are right and 2000 years of Christianity has always been wrong. You do have a right to be wrong.

Remember a while back when I told you to just respond with "BLASPHEMER!" to posts you can't rebut?

It'll be as effective, and it'll be a time saver and easier for you, or, you can keep using the usual LBR bare assertions and argumentative fallacies.

Yeah, do that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Most christians *know* there is no evidence for god.
They call this knowing, "doubts" and are constantly whining about how to counter these doubts.
It's pretty sad to witness, really-- there is no real cure for such doubts--
-- except with actual evidence, of course.
Of which they have none.
And around and around it goes...
... is it any wonder they are so jealous of non-believers, who have got *off* the nauseous carousel?
Evidunce is Evilution is a lie!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what you posted:
Matthew 16:17-18 (NASB77) 17 And Jesus answered and said to him, "Blessed are you, Simon Barjona, because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. 18 "And I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades shall not overpower it.
How does that support your position? Because Christianity is still around? Do you think that those words make the Christian bible valuable? Do you consider them quality prophecy, or valuable in any other way? Apparently skeptics see them differently.
I saw your scriptures and commented, "Thanks. That was a big help. "
Scaritual parodied them with "1)A great and holy breeze came forth issuing down from the heavens, and the Jesus! began to slowly turn and even to spin. Then sparks flew from his eyes, yea, and even from his toes. 2)Then the Jesus spake, and said unto them; '"WHEEEE HEE HEEE HEEE!".- Revolution, Chapter 2: 1, 2 (Parable of the Whirled) "
Do you still think that you produced something of value there, or that you have made the case that your bible is more than what skeptics say it is?
The challenge has been to present an authentic prophecy.

I did. It is the first time 'ekklesia' is used in the NT, and is done so by Jesus.

Scaritual attempted to equate the passage to a silly rant.

I noted the dramatic difference. He then bailed.

Not sure what you are confused about.

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Hang on a second! I thought I was the antichrist.
Oh wait, I'm the debil.. oops.. hard to keep up with all the fantasies.
Devul, devil, I dunno maybe...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

316 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
GMO foods and you! 7 min andet1987 51
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min curiouslu 722,585
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 10 min ocxz 115,869
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 29 min onemale 257,182
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr UidiotRaceMakeWorldPEace 172,602
**** jesus loves you **** (Aug '07) 1 hr Truths 48,600
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Truths 599,155
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr Liam 533,887
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 7 hr bottom1980 484