Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
202,861 - 202,880 of 225,572 Comments Last updated 47 min ago

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So long as one isn't prejudiced against any groups or the jokes don't change your view of said groups, it isn't racism. It's just humor.
What do you call a ten-year-old girl trapped in RiversideRedneck's backyard who can run real fast?

A virgin.

It's just humor~/.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Aerobatty wrote:
But Ham has a book...
The one where Bamm-Bamm has to pay Fred 50 pieces of silver?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have told us, several times, that you're a racist.
You claim you're a racist but not a supremacist.
Fine distinction.
It's all the same.

"In 1865, during the early days of the Reconstruction Era, the city became the birthplace of the first Ku Klux Klan, founded by six Tennessee veterans of the Confederate Army. John C. Lester, John B. Kennedy, James R. Crowe, Frank O. McCord, Richard R. Reed, and J. Calvin Jones established the KKK in Pulaski on December 25, 1865."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulaski,_Tenness...

I've seen lots of racism/supremacists. Racism and the supremacists aren't strangers to this part, nor any part of the country. I've traveled all over the U.S., and while it isn't as overt or prevalent in other areas, it's still everywhere.

Ar Ar evidences that quite well.

He's already pulled the "well, since I'm not prejudiced, it's just humor" card, and while that comment flies with his buddies/peer group, it's a hollow claim to me, and I hope and think to the majority of people in this country.

Racism, supremacy, just two examples of the same tree.

“Truth and kindness”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I justsw a clip of it, but it seemed Hams whole defense was: Because the bible says it.
Basically that was it, tho he through in finding trees in old rocks, Nye brought up subduction, Ham thinks the flood is the source of all fossils, the usual inane answers.

I got about an hour and a half into it cause my Explored kept stopping and would recover the page and having to go the spot it left off and start again. Drove me crazy, but I was determined to listen to this.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Darwins Stepchild wrote:
I watch part of the Nye/Ham debate (Ham on Nye).
Ham's initial presentation (not counting the 5 min. introduction) was nothing more than one massive appeal to authority...
Ham: This guy made important contributions outside of biology, so you should believe everything he has to say about biology...'cause he's an expert is something else.
I just about spewed coffee all over my keyboard when the YEC astronomer said he saw nothing in astronomy that pointed to an old universe. W...T...F??? The only way he COULD NOT see that is to close his eyes tight and bury his head in the sand.
The whole debate + Q&A is about 2 1/2 hours long. That is a long time to listen to Ham's idiocy. Nye's presentations are pretty good, though.
I got a kick out of one online Christian magazine doing a poll and found 92% of their readers thought Nye won the debate.
One very telling point...
When each was asked what would change their mind on the subject...
Nye: Evidence
Ham: Nothing
Even Pat Robertson said Ham made creationists look bad.

When a whackadoodle like Robertson says you're making the team look bad, you know you've really mucked it up.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. racists believe in the supremacy of their race ..
.. the ethnic cleansing in Rwanda and Auschwitz prove it ..
.. there is no fine distinction ..
Well I'm not that kind of racist.

I don't discriminate and I don't think any race is superior to another.

It's just fun to poke at stupid stereotypes.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
Thanks. I guess it's coming up soon, then, right?
Don't bet on it.
Thanks again. Can we assume that you are offering your own witness as an endorsement for a Christian upbringing rather than a humanist one?
You're welcome.

I'd hope that if I was brought up Humanist, I wouldn't be spending as much time on religion as you.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
But Ham has a book...
And according to Lewis Black, it's not his book.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
Taking POW's is different than kidnapping,
It aint necessarily so wrote:

Making people property is always immoral, as is condoning it. You've been told this enough times now.
Always immoral?

I agree that it's immoral but I can't speak for everyone. Neither can you.

Besides, taking POWs is not making a person into property.
Getting back to character issues, and Christians versus humanist, do you have a working theory yet for why so many of us are treating you with such disdain?
Ya.

You're intolerant bigots that hates anyone who doesn't think the way you do.
Yes, I know that the bible authors saw it coming - Bongo reminded us. But do you have any speculation on why?
Ya.

Because people who live immoral lives are easy to predict. Anything that gives you pleasure is automatically seen as moral in your eyes.
If so, does it involve only other people, as in other people being assholes, or other people being infested with demons, or does it involve you at all?- apart from your righteousness, of course.
No, not infested with demons.

More like infested with egotistical and selfish behavior and thoughts.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:

.. Catcher did not ask you to post racist jokes, that was your decision ..
I've asked him repeatedly, for months, to stop posting to me.
.. the very idea behind slavery in the U.S.A. was based on the erroneous belief that Blacks were an inferior, savage species and Whites were superior, ditto for Native Americans ..
I know. Sad, isn't it?

When we were discussing slavery, I was referring to ancient slavery. People had a much different outlook of it back then than we do today.
.. I disagree with Catcher - the very philosophy behind racism is a belief in racial supremacy ..
I disagree.

I think a person can be realist without being supremacist.

I think that because I am one of those people.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
ooooohhhhh.....
Well you've been saying "babble" all this time, so...
So you follow the great book ooooohhhhh.... written in praise of the god of aaaahhhhhh…. All hail to aaaahhhhhh….

No wonder you get all uptight at the KJV

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I'm not that kind of racist.
I don't discriminate and I don't think any race is superior to another.
It's just fun to poke at stupid stereotypes.
And yet you call black people "monkeys," and you tell us that you think segregation was a good thing because it kept us safe from the criminal-minded black people.

Give it up, you're a filthy racist through and through.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
*sigh*
How can one argue with that?
Damn you and your sweetness......
Catcher1 wrote:
And goddamn you for your disgusting ChristoWhiteSupremacist beliefs.
You're either too stupid or too blinded in your hatred of me to understand that I was complimenting her, envying her and idolizing her calmness and sweetness.

No more racist jokes.

You aren't worth the anger of the whole room.

Just please stop posting to me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
What do you call a ten-year-old girl trapped in RiversideRedneck's backyard who can run real fast?
A virgin.
It's just humor~/.
HA HA!!

See ? Even an old geek like you can spin a good yarn.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:

But Ham has a book...
Tide with Beach wrote:
The one where Bamm-Bamm has to pay Fred 50 pieces of silver?
No, that was a Darwin book...
Chris Clearwater

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. Clearwater makes everything personal, void of fact ..
.. to make his point about the salvation of Christianity, he discloses Mrs. Clearwater's presumed lesbian history followed by good, charitable acts towards homosexuals he personally knows. Such a kind person! In the next sentence, he points to the perverse, sinful nature of gays ..
.. then there's the alcoholism in his family, people dying because they didn't find Jesus ..
.. it's about manipulation, not my personal take on Mrs. Clearwater. What do I think about his Mrs? Before pondering that question, I'd have to first believe him. I don't. If it's true, what she does in the bedroom is none of my business ..
.. it seems you have many questions but are unwilling to consider the answers in good faith. For me, that's a setup intended to booster ego so not responding is a viable option ..
.. true spirituality is the ability to act within the bounds of dignity. My recent posts have violated that boundary. For that, I apologize ..
Do you even read the things I post or see what you want to? Many of my postings have been setups by people like Catcher that in his own words this is just a game and entertainment. When he ask a question of a Christian than bashes them for what they stand against its silly. On my wife's brother I never said he died without Jesus, we do not know. We did pray with him a day before he passed and hope he said yes to God but don't know. He died because his liver have out and was 51, nothing else is relevant.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all the same.
"In 1865, during the early days of the Reconstruction Era, the city became the birthplace of the first Ku Klux Klan, founded by six Tennessee veterans of the Confederate Army. John C. Lester, John B. Kennedy, James R. Crowe, Frank O. McCord, Richard R. Reed, and J. Calvin Jones established the KKK in Pulaski on December 25, 1865."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulaski,_Tenness...
I've seen lots of racism/supremacists. Racism and the supremacists aren't strangers to this part, nor any part of the country. I've traveled all over the U.S., and while it isn't as overt or prevalent in other areas, it's still everywhere.
Ar Ar evidences that quite well.
He's already pulled the "well, since I'm not prejudiced, it's just humor" card, and while that comment flies with his buddies/peer group, it's a hollow claim to me, and I hope and think to the majority of people in this country.
Racism, supremacy, just two examples of the same tree.
Ah, but look how different the leaf is from the branch...
Chris Clearwater

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Gave out.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I've asked him repeatedly, for months, to stop posting to me.
<quoted text>
I know. Sad, isn't it?
When we were discussing slavery, I was referring to ancient slavery. People had a much different outlook of it back then than we do today.
<quoted text>
I disagree.
I think a person can be realist without being supremacist.
I think that because I am one of those people.
Correction:
*racist*, not *realist*

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So you follow the great book ooooohhhhh.... written in praise of the god of aaaahhhhhh…. All hail to aaaahhhhhh….
No wonder you get all uptight at the KJV
The KJV is a medieval book written by medieval minds FOR medieval minds.

It's no wonder you like it do much.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

548 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min WasteWater 259,053
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min chinitta12 536,850
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 9 min Tim Osman 117,726
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min ROCCO 729,515
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 10 min shyam 940
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 26 min Connexon 657
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 39 min trifecta1 599,512
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••