Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 10,123)

Showing posts 202,441 - 202,460 of223,067
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>Plus, you can't really call what the church receives now persecution. Once you've persecuted others, it's just self-preservation.
.. there it is folks !!..

.. atheists, women, homosexuals and other groups are simply mounting a defense against the claims of Abrahamic religions.'Vile, sinful abominations' will no longer accept the unwarranted derogatory labels hatched by churches, temples and mosques that encourage separation, fear and shame ..

.. thanks AINS !!..

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:

That kind of slavery the Bible prohibits.
“Anyone who kidnaps another and either sells him or still has him when he is caught must be put to death”
-Exodus 21:16.
Just Think wrote:
That's an admonishment against kidnapping, not slavery, you cherry picking dumbass.
Kidnaps AND sells....

Just think, please.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

Bongo wrote:
Whats a slave? Are you a slave to your Spaniard boss? Try not obeying him, see what happens.(no disrespect intended) I live where the highest property taxes and utility rates in the world are. Am I a slave to them, lest they take my property away? Who gets to describe slavery as so bad? It was normal back then. Now we have high taxes to pay for all the services that without them, we would have slavery here. Many slaves live in mansions. Joseph was a slave and was boss over Egypt.
A slave is a person that's legal property of another person.

Though you make some good points, I am not a slave.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

Judged:

sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
If anyone or organization treats other people with disdain, persecution will follow, I don't care who you are. No crystal ball needed for that one.
Is that why there are so many social problems? Parents cant order their kids because the kid will rebel? Meanwhile, they spend all their time and money to support the little slave? Make your bed, brush your teeth, take out the garbage, mow the lawn, no smoking, no cursing, no fornication etc etc. Big meanie parents. Our nation is screwed because of lack of proper parenting or as you would say, slave treatment.

“Truth and kindness”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then IANS has some persecution coming....
"This is the kind of thing that makes my blood boil, and intensifies my resolve to see that church weakened."
"It's too serious to be polite about"
"The church is what it is: a selfish and destructive force that needs to be opposed and weakened."
"That will come about quickest with the use of forceful, urgent, and indignant language"
"It's more than a right. It's a duty."
Then he quoted Hitchens: "I think religion should be treated with ridicule, hatred and contempt, and I claim that right."
What a compassionate, loving, tolerant, friendly Topix Atheist Secular Humanist! huh?
Christians have been trying to wipe out the opposition from Moses till now. Now that there are people standing up and telling the truth, suddenly it is the "poor Christian" being persecuted. Maybe we should treat you the way you did people during the Inquisition? How would you like that kind of persecution instead of just trying to keep you out of government policy making and our schools?
christ

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Topix atheists regularly treat me with disdain.
So you expect they will be presecuted? When?
.. because they fail to understand your message and are unable to read between the lines of fabricated rhetoric ..

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Good Morning Chrissy, Man just does not know. The faithfull believe. You said science does not go there. Man is limited, very limited. God has us right where he wants us. You may call it majic, but God knows exactly what hes doing , we don't. He made no fingerprint the same. Everyone meets the mystery, after an approx. 24,000 days .
You may have just dragged yourself out of you pit but I have been up and about for 10 hours or so – so good afternoon.

Man has a very good idea, which means the time for bronze age guesswork is gone

The faithful are entitled to have faith in whatever they want, all they need to do to get my full acknowledgement in agreeing that there faith is faith is to stop pretending that there faith is truth. The word ‘faithful’ gives it away.

Nope you are limited by blaming god for your failure. Which god by the way? There have been over 3700 that have been imagined since recorded history.

The thing about magic, the real telling thing is that magic does not exist…

Why guess at gods to blame genetics when nature is so vast and varied. 7 billion sets fingerprints are nothing in the scheme of the universe, there are billions of galaxies each containing billions of stars and every single star is different from all the others. We can go further than that. Every single atom in the entire universe vibrates at a different frequency than any other atom, this of course has profound quantum implications far beyond your comprehension but it actually means that all atoms in the universe are in communication with each other and no god is involved

And no one has ever come back and said “hey guys, follow me, this heaven trick is just the bees knees.”

You must be living in the wrong country, life expectancy in the UK is about 29600 days. Must be all the religion you got over there cutting it short eh? And still no one has come back with good news…

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

<quoted text>
Thank you very kindly. The hats were a hit.
Did you succeed in trashing the opposition?

“Truth and kindness”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

Judged:

Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Whats a slave? Are you a slave to your Spaniard boss? Try not obeying him, see what happens.(no disrespect intended) I live where the highest property taxes and utility rates in the world are. Am I a slave to them, lest they take my property away? Who gets to describe slavery as so bad? It was normal back then. Now we have high taxes to pay for all the services that without them, we would have slavery here. Many slaves live in mansions. Joseph was a slave and was boss over Egypt.
Maybe they should take a cat of nine tails and teach you that insolence is not tolerated. And you will never go home.

Get off your lazy butt and bring me a sandwich, and it better be cut diagonally with the crust off. And a nice hot cup of coffee. After that you can go shovel horse sh** at the stable and if you are lucky I may feed you some swill.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never referred to any babble, sweet cheeks. Only you have.
My dearest numb nuts, you claim to be a christian. How do you know that the path you follow I the path of christianity if you do not refer to the babble?

Actually you have referred to the babble several times and you have often mocked my use of the KJV. I didn’t realise you were such a liar

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
That kind of slavery the Bible prohibits.
“Anyone who kidnaps another and either sells him or still has him when he is caught must be put to death”
-Exodus 21:16.
<quoted text>
Kidnaps AND sells....
Just think, please.
No, idiot, that's not what it is saying - seriously. It says if you kidnap someone you will be put to death - whether you still have that person with you of if you have sold them.

Nice try, cherry picker.

You're so stupid it makes my head hurt. You don't even understand your own bible.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe it was Gov. Cuomo who made the statements.
The invidiousness of his statement is that he defamed people, not just a particular policy view. People who are pro-life, pro-second amendment, and opposed to same-sex marriage,(omitting the governor's straw-man exaggeration of the terms) make up over half the nation's population.
If Cuomo has arguments that diminish the credibility of such people, he should use them, rather than use fallacious and elitist rhetoric to diminish them as human beings.
Further, with tax and regulatory policy in NY being what it is, there is no need for finding new reasons to keep people out, or encourage them to flee.
Indeed. That's what is so funny. While this Governor is doing all he can to run people out of the state of New York here in Florida they are buying airtime on local stations wanting people to relocate a business in New York. Good luck with that.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

Judged:

sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians have been trying to wipe out the opposition from Moses till now. Now that there are people standing up and telling the truth, suddenly it is the "poor Christian" being persecuted. Maybe we should treat you the way you did people during the Inquisition? How would you like that kind of persecution instead of just trying to keep you out of government policy making and our schools?
christ
--The historical record of killing for atheism is 182,716 times worse on an annual basis than Christianity's worst year.

--There is a 58 percent chance that an atheist leader will murder a noticeable percentage of the population over which he rules.

--Atheist crime against humanity is 18.3 million percent worse than the very worst depredation committed by Christians, even though atheists have had less than one-twentieth the number of opportunities with which to commit them.

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

Judged:

Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> You are right on cue , as foretold. Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you. Your reactions should help more Christians behave better and adhere to the ideals.
True.

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

Judged:

Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
"What is the next 'logical' step.."
You're welcome.
You tell me. I don't view anyone or group of people like air pollution. The ovens?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. because they fail to understand your message and are unable to read between the lines of fabricated rhetoric ..
I don't think that's it.

I think if they understood my message, their disdain would intensify.

They hate the suggestion of a spiritual source of action.

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Well that's much different.
<quoted text>
Let me guess: you're worried about Christianity being eradicated like air pollution. That's what you are implying here. But you're just shocked, not outraged, at the idea, right?
And yes, absolutely, your church needs to be stopped and controlled.
<quoted text>
What I said was that you are outraged by language directed against Christians and the church, but are indifferent to how that church characterizes and treats non-Christians. Your reaction to comment my pretty much confirms that. You have expressed zero interest in anything but Christians and the church. I want to know why you think anybody should treat you or your church differently. If you're looking for sympathy, you're going about it in the wrong way.
In this forum that is true. Much of what goes on in my life I never share as it would be pointless. And no, I am not worried about the church, the body of Christ being stopped. I do hope as we near the time when the Lord comes back more people will see the difference between light and dark, truth and error.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

Cyber Cthulhu
Tentacles in the machine
Haunted computers

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
Thanks. We won. By just one question. We keep the trophy another year. It was truly a team effort. We had six people answering questions - everybody provided at least one answer that nobody else knew - and two writing down questions and answers, which was critical when we needed to discuss our choices in the two minutes after each round.
The questions were tough. We got 65 out of 80, and barely won:
One guy knew who Olivier Messiaen was - a composer and ornithologist. I'd never heard of him. One knew Margaret Thatcher's middle name - Hilda. I also was the only one to know Noel Neill (Who played Lois Lane in the original television series Superman with George Reeves?). One guy know when the ampersand (@) was added to email names - 1972 (I would have guessed the 80's, but he's a computer wonk that was in the field then, and remembered its advent).
Tough test, great team.
Quite some years ago, a friend of mine interviewed for Jeopardy. He was quite confident, and he IS a very knowledgeable fellow, but he failed the initial exam.

I asked him what was one of the questions he missed. "She was queen of England for nine days." I piped up, "Who is Lady Jane Grey?".

Silence, followed by "How did you know that?"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. there it is folks !!..
.. atheists, women, homosexuals and other groups are simply mounting a defense against the claims of Abrahamic religions.'Vile, sinful abominations' will no longer accept the unwarranted derogatory labels hatched by churches, temples and mosques that encourage separation, fear and shame ..
.. thanks AINS !!..
Onward, Topix Atheist! warrior

Be gentle...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 202,441 - 202,460 of223,067
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

423 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min gort 716,181
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 7 min Hidingfromyou 93,160
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min hojo 529,755
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 13 min HasBhaRAT Trolls Fixers 114,565
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Chess 440,799
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Serah 598,716
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 2 hr Sasha 108
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr onemale 255,614
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 12 hr Shut-Up 60