Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#210929 Feb 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you not read?!
“Anyone who kidnaps another and either sells him or still has him when he is caught must be put to death”
Kidnaps AND sells. That's what stupid ass Colonial Americans and African slave lords did. Kidnap and sold.
"...EITHER SELLS HIM OR STILL HAS HIM WHEN HE IS CAUGHT."
STUPID!!!!

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#210930 Feb 5, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
I do believe parents have the right to teach their children as they will. And I have the right to criticize them in their choices if I think they are bad choices.
However, I do not think the government should support religious schools with the taxpayers money. It's an Establishment Clause thing. Public schools should be non-sectarian.
Just out of curiousity, do you think christmas parties should be banned in PS? Christmas plays etc.?

Your post brought back a memory to me. We were having a christmas party in 6th grade at the Public School I attended. I remember looking forward to it with great anticipation. I also recall the teacher asking 2 of my fellow classmates to leave the room because the party was starting. I thought what in the world is going on.

After they left the teacher told us those two students were Jehova's Witnesses and they didn't celebrate Christmas. I felt sorry for them. BUT, the rest of the class did celebrate it. I really am not sure how the school looked at it at that time, but for me and the rest of the kids (I'm sure) it had little to do with Christs birth and more to do with a gift exchange, games, good food and fun times.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#210931 Feb 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Only the ones that act like monkeys.
In your eyes, that'd be three of em.
No, stupid.

You call BLACK kids monkeys, not white kids.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#210932 Feb 5, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Did they have questions about infinite-length donuts?
You could have killed those.
Please provide a quote about "infinite-length donuts".

Didn't think so.

You are so full of s#!t.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#210933 Feb 5, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
The evidence contradicts that.
Agreed. He screwed up with the Garden of Eden. He screwed up with the Flood.

If God (assuming He exists) is all powerful, and wants to eliminate evil, why is there still evil?

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#210934 Feb 5, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
I do believe parents have the right to teach their children as they will. And I have the right to criticize them in their choices if I think they are bad choices.
.. yes, free speech gives you the right to criticize a parent's choice ..
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
However, I do not think the government should support religious schools with the taxpayers money. It's an Establishment Clause thing. Public schools should be non-sectarian.
.. that's the hard part. For instance, some charter schools teach Hebrew on an elementary level, nothing there violates the Establishment Clause. But, the underlying intent is clear ..

.. I'm curious to see what will happen, aren't you ??..

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#210935 Feb 5, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
"...EITHER SELLS HIM OR STILL HAS HIM WHEN HE IS CAUGHT."
STUPID!!!!
You better watch that temper of yours.

Couple it with your hatred of white Christians, you'll get I to trouble.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#210936 Feb 5, 2014
Bongo wrote:
Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
I have a problem with this as well. Imagine telling something like that to your kids: whenever people have are unhappy with your behavior or have negative things to say about you, they are evil people that are lying and persecuting you. You should interpret that as a sign that you are right and should rejoice.Do you see any problem there?

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#210937 Feb 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm one of them. I don't have health insurance any more. If got way too expensive.
Sorry to hear that!

I would imagine that for you and your family your looking at about 10- 12 grand premium with that amount of deductible. Obama thinks thats affordable healthcare. Think he's out of touch?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#210938 Feb 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:

Only the ones that act like monkeys.
In your eyes, that'd be three of em.
Catcher1 wrote:
No, stupid.
You call BLACK kids monkeys, not white kids.
Only the ones that act like monkeys.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#210939 Feb 5, 2014
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Just out of curiousity, do you think christmas parties should be banned in PS? Christmas plays etc.?
Your post brought back a memory to me. We were having a christmas party in 6th grade at the Public School I attended. I remember looking forward to it with great anticipation. I also recall the teacher asking 2 of my fellow classmates to leave the room because the party was starting. I thought what in the world is going on.
After they left the teacher told us those two students were Jehova's Witnesses and they didn't celebrate Christmas. I felt sorry for them. BUT, the rest of the class did celebrate it. I really am not sure how the school looked at it at that time, but for me and the rest of the kids (I'm sure) it had little to do with Christs birth and more to do with a gift exchange, games, good food and fun times.
Face it, Christmas has become a secular holiday.

No, I don't oppose Christmas parties in school, or Christmas-y plays...as long as the message is non-religious. Stick to themes like...peace on earth...time of giving...help your fellow man...and keep the God stuff out of it.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#210940 Feb 5, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
Just to point out, Moses (who didn't actually exist as a real person) predated Christianity by several centuries.
But I do understand your point.
Historians around the globe say that Moses existed.

A Topix Atheist! says he didn't.

What to do, what to do.......

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#210941 Feb 5, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. He screwed up with the Garden of Eden. He screwed up with the Flood.
If God (assuming He exists) is all powerful, and wants to eliminate evil, why is there still evil?
A little over 2 thousand years ago Jesus said it was finished. And we aint seen hide nor hair of him since..........

Sure dont feel like its finished..........

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#210942 Feb 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I know you ain't alone. There's a lot of pathetic, intolerant atheists out there pretending to be compassionate to their fellow humans. Your compassion for people ends when they don't share your ideals or morals. Mine doesn't.
Save it. I just read your post on slavery.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#210943 Feb 5, 2014
Rider on the Storm wrote:
Sorry to hear that!
I would imagine that for you and your family your looking at about 10- 12 grand premium with that amount of deductible. Obama thinks thats affordable healthcare. Think he's out of touch?
My insurance went up to what would equal 25% of my income. I don't care how much a person makes, 25% is a big hit.

Also, I don't qualify for Obamacare, I make above their "income threshold".

Obamacare says I can afford my own insurance....

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#210944 Feb 5, 2014
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. yes, free speech gives you the right to criticize a parent's choice ..
<quoted text>
.. that's the hard part. For instance, some charter schools teach Hebrew on an elementary level, nothing there violates the Establishment Clause. But, the underlying intent is clear ..
.. I'm curious to see what will happen, aren't you ??..
On the face of it, teaching Hebrew isn't wrong. However, it IS almost totally irrelevant in today's world.

It has about even less relevance than teach them to shoe horses. Very few people are going to end up using such knowledge. The time would be much better used teaching things that ARE useful...like basic science and math.
Bongo

Medford, NY

#210945 Feb 5, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is "Ds" and what was the fear reference?
Darwinstepchild, he was telling RR something about fear being everywhere.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#210946 Feb 5, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
I do believe parents have the right to teach their children as they will. And I have the right to criticize them in their choices if I think they are bad choices.
However, I do not think the government should support religious schools with the taxpayers money. It's an Establishment Clause thing. Public schools should be non-sectarian.
The guys who wrote the Establishment Clause used taxpayer money to support religious schooling.

The Establishment Clause has nothing to do with taxpayer money or religious schools.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#210947 Feb 5, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Face it, Christmas has become a secular holiday.
No, I don't oppose Christmas parties in school, or Christmas-y plays...as long as the message is non-religious. Stick to themes like...peace on earth...time of giving...help your fellow man...and keep the God stuff out of it.
No one needs to follow your rules, thankfully.

There's nothing wrong with a public school having a play about Jesus for the holiday that celebrates His birth.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#210948 Feb 5, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. He screwed up with the Garden of Eden. He screwed up with the Flood.
If God (assuming He exists) is all powerful, and wants to eliminate evil, why is there still evil?
Who says God wants to eliminate evil?

Did God tell you that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Insults Are Easier 809,694
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 min World 176,090
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 9 min Naked Truth from ... 39,609
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 15 min Gaza lives 121,333
concerned 23 min concerned22639 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 27 min oxbow 574,070
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 38 min Naked Truth from ... 608,194
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr RADEKT 268,883
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 11 hr Coco 203
More from around the web