Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 244909 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#211010 Feb 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The Establishment Clause is quote clear. It states that Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion.
It doesn't say a school teacher can't.
School teachers aren't Congress.
Are you gonna fight to stop all Christian related holidays from being expressed at our schools or is your ignorant focus just on Christmas?
So if certain schools in Michigan want to teach Muslim theology and celebrate Muslim holidays, the Christian and Jewish schoolchildren should just get on board - right?

Location hidden

#211011 Feb 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Those laws aren't Christian laws.
Thanks for your help.
Right because RR only reads the Cherry Picked Bible!

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#211012 Feb 5, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
--The historical record of killing for atheism is 182,716 times worse on an annual basis than Christianity's worst year.
--There is a 58 percent chance that an atheist leader will murder a noticeable percentage of the population over which he rules.
--Atheist crime against humanity is 18.3 million percent worse than the very worst depredation committed by Christians, even though atheists have had less than one-twentieth the number of opportunities with which to commit them.
Nobody has ever killed for a lack of belief in deities just as nobody has ever killed for a lack of belief in Snow Pixies.

Glad I could help.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#211013 Feb 5, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
LOL.
He has offended most of the thread by now, and in assorted ways.
Just as the prophecy foretold.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#211014 Feb 5, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
So if certain schools in Michigan want to teach Muslim theology and celebrate Muslim holidays, the Christian and Jewish schoolchildren should just get on board - right?
Yes.

It's called freedom.

Freedom that congress "shall not infringe".

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#211015 Feb 5, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Right because RR only reads the Cherry Picked Bible!
Post to someone else, would ya?

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#211016 Feb 5, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
This is the kind of thing that makes my blood boil, and intensifies my resolve to see that church weakened. It hurts people. It's hurting schoolchildren by keeping their worlds smaller and more ignorant, and by impairing their competitiveness in the job market. And it hurts the nation, which is already reeling from problems like an increasingly gullible and incompetent electorate, and too many citizens distrustful of science and unable to understand the climate change problem or the threat it entails.
It's too serious to be polite about, and that is just one front. The church is what it is: a selfish and destructive force that needs to be opposed and weakened.That will come about quickest with the use of forceful, urgent, and indignant language not watered down by concern for who is offended.
I know how much language like this riles the Christians - how evil, god hating and intolerant they see us. But really, we can't afford to care about that under the circumstances. There is no reason why others should treat the church with any more respect than it offers.
It is indifferent to the damage it does, contemptuous of the law and of church-state separation, and of the values of secular society. I'm sure that it is for reasons like these that Hitchens said, "I think religion should be treated with ridicule, hatred and contempt, and I claim that right."
It's more than a right. It's a duty.
I agree completely.

I haven't had a chance to watch this yet but here it is anyway:

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#211017 Feb 5, 2014
River Tam wrote:
Nobody has ever killed for a lack of belief in deities just as nobody has ever killed for a lack of belief in Snow Pixies.
Glad I could help.
Except for the 89 atheist rulers of the 28 historical regimes in the past century that have killed an estimated 148 million people, that is.....

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#211018 Feb 5, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
It is impossible for a school teacher to comply or fail to comply with the Establishment Clause.
.. it's tricky. When a student broaches a religious topic, a teacher must decide if it falls under The Free Exercise Clause. Sometimes drawing a clear line is difficult ..

.. public school teachers must ensure that there is no religious or anti-religious discussion within the classroom ..
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
And "the people" have never said such a thing.
People = The Board of Education

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#211019 Feb 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Lol, so pathetic. So intolerant.
Onward Topix Atheist! warrior.
"Victory has defeated you."

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#211020 Feb 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Apology accepted.
Now grow thefuck up.
Says the guy who:

Calls black kids monkeys.

Says black people are criminal minded.

Admits he's a racist.

Says segregation was a good thing, because it kept "us" safe.

Smashes a windshield with a club with the driver in the car.

Uses corporal punishment on a six-month-old baby.

Hits women.

Notifies the public when he has anal sex with his wife.

And you want ME to grow up?

Dude!!!

San Francisco, CA

#211021 Feb 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"black people" is disingenuous and you know it.
I'm no supremacist.
But you are a liar.
I call three drug addict, violent kids "monkey", you say I call black people monkey.
I said I bopped my wife on the head once, you call me a woman beater.
I said I tapped my baby's butt as discipline, you call me a baby beater.
You're a fuckingliar. Now and always.
Live with it.
The record speaks for itself.

Ho hum.

San Francisco, CA

#211022 Feb 5, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Dealing with a pathological liar like you tends to make people angry...
The irony is that the Redneck warns others to watch their temper, yet he's the one who smashed a windshield with a club, with the driver in the car.

And hits babies and women.

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#211023 Feb 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
The Bible doesn't condone slavery, it only lays out a few laws written for the ancient Israelites.
That's called condoning.

San Francisco, CA

#211024 Feb 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Not this guy.

I'm going to stay all over you like a cheap suit.

Call you out for the pig that you are.

Here, you'll understand better in Redneckese: Deal with it.
Bongo

Medford, NY

#211025 Feb 5, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad I could help.
Of course they didn't lack belief in a deity, they were the deity, albeit a mortal one. Its sad to see the position you homersexshulls have to take because of your different behavior. There must be lots of angst in your crowd

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#211026 Feb 5, 2014
Bongo wrote:
Do you really think slavery is any worse than the millions who crowd the freeways everyday , working jobs they don't necessarily like for less money than they need? Why? So they can eat, pay the mortgage, taxes etc etc? Slavery may have been the best thing that ever happened to Africans. Look where theyre at now. They absolutely dread going back. The Jews were freed from slavery, then they wanted to go back to Egypt. Imagine that. Slavery is a very subjective term. No one is as free as they think. I wont even get into the millions of psychic slaves , which I think you are.
Look at what a Christian feels compelled to argue in defense of Christianity.
Bongo

Medford, NY

#211027 Feb 5, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
"Organizing for Action", a liberal group, has a new ad out encouraging people to support Obama raising the minimum wage.
It shows a woman riding a subway as an example of a low-paid American worker.
She turns out to be a British citizen, shown in London, riding the East London Line to Newcastle.
Sure, let's trust the advice of these people.
This kind of dishonesty is rampant with liberals. Its amazing how dumb the masses are in swallowing Their propaganda

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#211028 Feb 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right. Take away my right to vote because you disagree with me.
You atheists make me sick.
There are more farmers and ranchers in this country than there are atheists and secularists. More than 30 million of them. You call that "a very few".
All the food you get comes from those "very few" ranchers and farmers. Have some respect, asshole.
What is it with this rant about farmers? All I said was that farmers don't need to shoe horses themselves, all they need to do is get a blacksmith. And you go off on a rant?

And just what the heck are you trying to say with your demographics?

You seem to have run off into non sequitur land.

The original point was...since you seem to have such a short attention span...that in some charter schools all children are being taught Hebrew...which is pretty much a useless skill unless you are going to be a Talmudic scholar or a diplomat to Israel.

Just as horseshoeing is a pretty useless skill unless you are going to be one of the handful of blacksmiths still plying that profession.

Jeez.

Location hidden

#211029 Feb 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as posting to you continues to highlight what a lying dumbass you are, I'll continue to post to you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 min bad bob 177,611
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min June VanDerMark 599,805
"This is A.C.! I have Walter in the car!! He's ... 18 min Doctor REALITY 3
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 21 min Dave Nelson 864,906
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 26 min Student 40,886
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 28 min RADEKT 272,419
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 39 min Frannie 44
The Christian Atheist debate 7 hr Justice League_ 2,009
White Lives MATTER 14 hr Burke Devlin 113
More from around the web