Since: Sep 13

Adelaide, Australia

#1 Sep 3, 2013
Although one cannot begin to compare it with such horrors as Islamic female genital mutilation, Circumcision IS itself, genital mutilation also.
This much is fact, and isn't even debatable by anyone who doesn't make up their own meanings of words.

Like countless other males around the globe, I myself am circumcised. Yep, they snipped my tip!! Unfortunately though, I do have somewhat of an issue with it.

Growing up, I never really understood why it was done to me, and never knew exactly what was done to me. I guess you could say I assumed it was normal, so I never really questioned it.
The problem is though, that I grew up, and started noticing other males, hence the problems began.

The main reasons people are circumcised today, is because of indoctrinated parental religious beliefs, tradition and cosmetic reasons (some think it looks better). Very very few choose this to be done to themselves.

As statistics show, there is absolutely no NEED for the procedure to be done, therefore making it unnecessary. In fact, it actually desensitises the penis, reducing the pleasure of intercourse, and for all those guys out there who really enjoy sex, who in their right mind would want it to be less pleasurable? That I am very interested to know!
In some cases however, statistics have shown circumcision MAY be beneficial by helping to reduce the chance of HIV infection. I would argue that a condom is much much much better at HIV prevented than circumcision!

Some would argue, with good intentions, it is within the parental rights to 'butcher' their child. I, for obvious reasons, have a pretty serious concern about this, as do many medical practitioners.

Don't get me wrong though. For anyone who is circumcised and doesn't have an issue with it, or for anyone who wants to be circumcised, good for you, by all means, go for it!!

Personally,(because it is such a personal issue), I believe it should ONLY be allowed to be performed on those mature enough to make the decision for themselves.
The reason because of this, is that people such as myself who wish they never were circumcised, cannot turn back the clock and make themselves 'whole' again, and what makes it worse is that they never had a choice in the matter to begin with.

I question those who are not circumcised do you ever sit there wishing your parents DID chop off a part of your penis, and if so, why haven't you done something about it?
Funnily enough, I haven't met 1 individual like that yet, in fact most people cringe at the thought of it!! I hope you see my point.

Mothers and fathers, I'm all for parental rights, but they too have limitations and should not be abused.
Would you allow an artist to tattoo your infant? Would you consider giving them breast implants and/or Botox? I would hope not.
Circumcision is exactly the same. It is a cosmetical procedure that unfortunately cannot be undone, and you need to start seeing it for what it truely is.

If it is for religious beliefs, fine. But let your child choose for themselves what THEY want done to their own bodies, as you have absolutely no right to take away what is rightfully theirs without their consent.

If it is of such importance for one to have it done to themselves for their religious beliefs, but are scared of it being painful (as it will be), surely it is safe to say you should be willing to make that small sacrifice to stand true to your beliefs.

Come on Australia. We need to stop living a 'bronze aged' mentality, and start using our critical thinking abilities a lot, lot more.

The purpose of this thread is to show the males side of the genital mutilation dilemma.
Luther

Cantonment, FL

#2 Sep 3, 2013
Heavy, dat.

wuz always sold to me as being more "hygienic"

Since: Sep 13

Adelaide, Australia

#3 Sep 3, 2013
Luther wrote:
Heavy, dat.
wuz always sold to me as being more "hygienic"
That is supposedly true, although cleaning (with a foreskin) is no more than the usual hygiene practices e.g. cleaning behind your ears etc. Look after yourself, no problems really.
Luther

Cantonment, FL

#4 Sep 3, 2013
hahaa

yeh, gotta WASH ol' willy!
lukeymuffler wrote:
<quoted text>
That is supposedly true, although cleaning (with a foreskin) is no more than the usual hygiene practices e.g. cleaning behind your ears etc. Look after yourself, no problems really.
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#5 Sep 3, 2013
lukeymuffler wrote:
<quoted text>
People way back then didnt wash all that much,I suppose..
heck some people even today dont wash enough also,if everyone did maintain clean hygiene there would be no dieseases..
Nature created mans foreskin for a reason,why cut it off?
Knock off purse seller

Denver, CO

#6 Sep 7, 2013
lukeymuffler wrote:
Although one cannot begin to compare it with such horrors as Islamic female genital mutilation, Circumcision IS itself, genital mutilation also.
This much is fact, and isn't even debatable by anyone who doesn't make up their own meanings of words.
Like countless other males around the globe, I myself am circumcised. Yep, they snipped my tip!! Unfortunately though, I do have somewhat of an issue with it.
Growing up, I never really understood why it was done to me, and never knew exactly what was done to me. I guess you could say I assumed it was normal, so I never really questioned it.
The problem is though, that I grew up, and started noticing other males, hence the problems began.
The main reasons people are circumcised today, is because of indoctrinated parental religious beliefs, tradition and cosmetic reasons (some think it looks better). Very very few choose this to be done to themselves.
As statistics show, there is absolutely no NEED for the procedure to be done, therefore making it unnecessary. In fact, it actually desensitises the penis, reducing the pleasure of intercourse, and for all those guys out there who really enjoy sex, who in their right mind would want it to be less pleasurable? That I am very interested to know!
In some cases however, statistics have shown circumcision MAY be beneficial by helping to reduce the chance of HIV infection. I would argue that a condom is much much much better at HIV prevented than circumcision!
Some would argue, with good intentions, it is within the parental rights to 'butcher' their child. I, for obvious reasons, have a pretty serious concern about this, as do many medical practitioners.
Don't get me wrong though. For anyone who is circumcised and doesn't have an issue with it, or for anyone who wants to be circumcised, good for you, by all means, go for it!!
Personally,(because it is such a personal issue), I believe it should ONLY be allowed to be performed on those mature enough to make the decision for themselves.
The reason because of this, is that people such as myself who wish they never were circumcised, cannot turn back the clock and make themselves 'whole' again, and what makes it worse is that they never had a choice in the matter to begin with.
I question those who are not circumcised do you ever sit there wishing your parents DID chop off a part of your penis, and if so, why haven't you done something about it?
Funnily enough, I haven't met 1 individual like that yet, in fact most people cringe at the thought of it!! I hope you see my point.
Mothers and fathers, I'm all for parental rights, but they too have limitations and should not be abused.
Would you allow an artist to tattoo your infant? Would you consider giving them breast implants and/or Botox? I would hope not.
Circumcision is exactly the same. It is a cosmetical procedure that unfortunately cannot be undone, and you need to start seeing it for what it truely is.
If it is for religious beliefs, fine. But let your child choose for themselves what THEY want done to their own bodies, as you have absolutely no right to take away what is rightfully theirs without their consent.
If it is of such importance for one to have it done to themselves for their religious beliefs, but are scared of it being painful (as it will be), surely it is safe to say you should be willing to make that small sacrifice to stand true to your beliefs.
Come on Australia. We need to stop living a 'bronze aged' mentality, and start using our critical thinking abilities a lot, lot more.
The purpose of this thread is to show the males side of the genital mutilation dilemma.
The practice needs to stop, religious belief or not. Someone's "religion" should never be used as an excuse to do things to their kid.

Disgusting.

“Merely Paying Lip Service”

Since: Apr 13

Scappoose, Oregon USA

#7 Sep 7, 2013
I absolutely hate when I see a man who's been done that way, and yes I agree it is male genital mutilation. I grew up seeing lots of them both ways, and they just never looked... right. And when I got older I realized, from a female perspective, just how fun it is to play with the foreskin at least I think so! And from a 'sexual pleasure' perspective, from the male side, I'm told that men who have been circumcised have a decreased sensation because those special receptive nerves have spent their entire life brushing up against fabric of clothing, and have become just a little bit desensitized. Don't know for sure, but I really prefer to never be with a guy who's had that done to them (though I realize that's penalizing them for something that's not their fault, and that is unfair-but it's how I feel). And finally, if the procedure was botched and the scar tissue behind the glans tighter in one area than another, it causes an unattractive and in some cases painful for the man, curve during an erection.
dad of 3

Portland, OR

#8 Sep 7, 2013
It's not a "personal choice" unless you're not done, and later in life after you have experienced it you want to get rid of the foreskin, and you make that choice as an adult. When it's done as an infant it is not a choice of the person having it done to them! With all the cosmetic surgery available for things like 'vaginal rejuvenation' I wonder when they're going to come up with 'penis rejuvenation' foreskin replacement.
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Huntington, MA

#9 Sep 7, 2013
It could be worse. You could be circumcized at the 8th day after birth while a Jewish Rabbi performs a Metzitzah b'peh. What's a metzitzah b'peh you ask? Well,,, a jewish rabbi takes the freshly snipped boy, fills his own mouth with some kosher red, and applies suction to the affected area.
Some infants actually contract herpes from such a procedure.
Perfectly legal.

You're welcome.
Knock off purse seller

Denver, CO

#10 Sep 8, 2013
The Worlds Biggest Lie wrote:
It could be worse. You could be circumcized at the 8th day after birth while a Jewish Rabbi performs a Metzitzah b'peh. What's a metzitzah b'peh you ask? Well,,, a jewish rabbi takes the freshly snipped boy, fills his own mouth with some kosher red, and applies suction to the affected area.
Some infants actually contract herpes from such a procedure.
Perfectly legal.
You're welcome.
What weirdos.
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Springfield, MA

#11 Sep 8, 2013
Knock off purse seller wrote:
<quoted text>
What weirdos.
Yup!
They print our dough, run our media, entertainment, use us for their Muslim hatred, and a boatload of other things. The biggest lie of them all is they originated from Khazar Indo/Russia, converted to judaism, schemed to open the fed here, convinced Britain to steal Palestine, were responsible for the bolshevik genocide of tens of millions of Christians, and tether us to all this modern day bs in the Mideast. So by "blood" these people, and the 90% plus that 'occupy' and stole Palestine are NOT the chosen people or direct descendents to Abraham at all.

The World's Biggest Lie indeed.
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Springfield, MA

#12 Sep 8, 2013
Boy are we fools.
Sybian Princess

Portland, OR

#13 Sep 8, 2013
I agree, I don't see how it's a personal choice if the person involved has no way to make a choice! I am very much against it, just on the grounds that it's pretty much an elective surgery. They used to try and sell it saying that it was 'medically advisable' but I was figured it's part of the basic design, and has to be there for a reason. I'm with one of the other people here, when I see a guy that's been done I feel kind of sorry for him.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#14 Sep 8, 2013
I don't know, I always liked the look of a cut penis. But that's just one girl's opinion. I don't know much about the hygiene thing, but I guess either way is still sexy.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#15 Sep 8, 2013
infants can not choose. so ? it's never a personal choice. unless you are circumcised later as a teen or adult, then that's a personal choice.

“Merely Paying Lip Service”

Since: Apr 13

Scappoose, Oregon USA

#16 Sep 9, 2013
I hate circumcision! Interesting article; The cruelest cut? "... opponents call it male genital mutilation, or child abuse. Many parts of Europe concur. A court in Cologne this summer ruled that circumcision contravened the rights of a child to decide later in life on his religious beliefs. A German doctor has now filed charges against a rabbi for performing circumcisions on two infant boys..."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/aug/28/...
Major Dick

Cantonment, FL

#17 Sep 10, 2013
I think I can accommodate you.

Fast & Bulbous.
samgilmour wrote:
I don't know, I always liked the look of a cut penis. But that's just one girl's opinion. I don't know much about the hygiene thing, but I guess either way is still sexy.
Knock off purse seller

Denver, CO

#18 Sep 11, 2013
Jenji wrote:
I hate circumcision! Interesting article; The cruelest cut? "... opponents call it male genital mutilation, or child abuse. Many parts of Europe concur. A court in Cologne this summer ruled that circumcision contravened the rights of a child to decide later in life on his religious beliefs. A German doctor has now filed charges against a rabbi for performing circumcisions on two infant boys..."
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/aug/28/...
It's about time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min Dragnet52 227,760
Aiding the hearing impaired 12 min Nathan N Valle 20
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 24 min dirty white boy- 601,169
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 48 min dirty white boy- 740,082
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 48 min tarek 887
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 50 min Chris Clearwater 173,813
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 54 min truth 543,048
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 6 hr gangsxofxroses_andii 157

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••