lazy atheist

Reynoldsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

All those "False" votes makes me wonder what those voters consider the greatest success.
Sybian Princess

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Well, I would agree that in general "religion" has done more harm then many other things. The trouble is, people confuse religion with God! The best way I ever heard it put was "God is God, religion is man" that means religion all religions are man-made institutions, which started out as a way for him to try and understand God. And when people get so wrapped up in the trappings and memorized prayers of their religion [Catholicism?] Where they are chanting and reciting things when they don't even know what they mean, and their more concerned with the religion than with the God it was intended to worship, that's where Satan can come in and have a heyday.
lazy atheist

Reynoldsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Sybian Princess wrote:
Well, I would agree that in general "religion" has done more harm then many other things. The trouble is, people confuse religion with God! The best way I ever heard it put was "God is God, religion is man" that means religion all religions are man-made institutions, which started out as a way for him to try and understand God. And when people get so wrapped up in the trappings and memorized prayers of their religion [Catholicism?] Where they are chanting and reciting things when they don't even know what they mean, and their more concerned with the religion than with the God it was intended to worship, that's where Satan can come in and have a heyday.
You do know the catholic mass has been said in the celebrants native tongue since roughly 1967, don't you? Your "observation" is outdated.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••