Does god exist?

Does god exist?

Created by Alexander of Earth on Jul 7, 2012

569 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Maybe

First Prev
of 41
Next Last

“This planet is”

Since: Jun 12

wonderfull

#1 Jul 7, 2012
It's obvious god doesn't exist.
Logic Paradox:

How can something complex be at the very beggining.
Impossible.

“This planet is”

Since: Jun 12

wonderfull

#2 Jul 7, 2012
Why religion even exists:

A. Imagination

B. Psychologists observe that the majority of humans often ask existential questions such as "why we are here" and whether life has purpose. Some psychologists have posited that religious beliefs may recruit cognitive mechanisms in order to satisfy these questions. William James emphasized the inner religious struggle between melancholy and happiness, and pointed to trance as a cognitive mechanism. Sigmund Freud stressed fear and pain, the need for a powerful parental figure, the obsessional nature of ritual, and the hypnotic state a community can induce as contributing factors to the psychology of religion.

“suck”

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#3 Jul 7, 2012
Even when you have known God, you will not be able to believe that you have known Him. That is what I mean when I say God is a mystery. Unknown, He remains unknowable. Known also, He remains unknowable. Unseen, He is a mystery; seen He becomes an even greater mystery. It is not a problem that you can solve. It is bigger than you. You can dissolve into it -- you cannot solve it.

If you are looking for God, you will never find Him -- because looking means you have a certain idea already of who God is. And your idea is bound to be either Christian or Judaic or Hindu or Mohammedan. Your idea is going to be your concept -- and your concept can never be higher than you. And your concept is bound to be your concept. Your concept is bound to be rooted in ignorance, borrowed. At the most, it is just belief; you have been conditioned for it. Then you go on looking. A person who is looking for truth will never find it, because his eyes are already corrupted, he already has a fixed concept. He is not open.

I hope that says enough.

“This planet is”

Since: Jun 12

wonderfull

#4 Jul 7, 2012
U can solve it...

“This planet is”

Since: Jun 12

wonderfull

#5 Jul 7, 2012
We have the fossil record to disprove the biblical god.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#6 Jul 7, 2012
shivawia wrote:
A person who is looking for truth will never find it, because his eyes are already corrupted, he already has a fixed concept. He is not open.
You are making a universal truth claim based on your ''fixed concept''. Truth can never be found. If you say that then why should anyone believe you. If truth can never be found then your statement is by definition false. Your statement self refutes.

The fact i am typing this to you know is objective truth and will be true a thousand years from now. It is true for all people at all times whether they know, believe, or do not believe it to be true. All truth is objective truth.

“This planet is”

Since: Jun 12

wonderfull

#7 Jul 7, 2012
There is no proof of a god. But there are paradxes of a god's existence, so technically there is proof of a god's non-existence.

“This planet is”

Since: Jun 12

wonderfull

#8 Jul 7, 2012
Thankfully, more people are becoming atheists every day.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#9 Jul 7, 2012
Alexander of Earth wrote:
It's obvious god doesn't exist.
Logic Paradox:
How can something complex be at the very beggining.
Impossible.
Jesus said all things are possible with GOD! Do I believe Jesus or Alexander of dumb, Im going with Jesus big time..

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#10 Jul 7, 2012
Alexander of Earth wrote:
Thankfully, more people are becoming atheists every day.
what % of the people are atheist

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#11 Jul 7, 2012
Alexander of Earth wrote:
We have the fossil record to disprove the biblical god.
no you don't

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#12 Jul 7, 2012
Alexander of Earth wrote:
There is no proof of a god. But there are paradxes of a god's existence, so technically there is proof of a god's non-existence.
wrong again!

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#13 Jul 7, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> You are making a universal truth claim based on your ''fixed concept''. Truth can never be found. If you say that then why should anyone believe you. If truth can never be found then your statement is by definition false. Your statement self refutes.
The fact i am typing this to you know is objective truth and will be true a thousand years from now. It is true for all people at all times whether they know, believe, or do not believe it to be true. All truth is objective truth.
Jesus say Im the truth the way the life.. John 14-6

“This planet is”

Since: Jun 12

wonderfull

#14 Jul 7, 2012
Sorry towny-clowny, but I DO have the fossil record to disprove the biblical god. U are simply in denial.

“suck”

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#15 Jul 7, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> You are making a universal truth claim based on your ''fixed concept''. Truth can never be found. If you say that then why should anyone believe you. If truth can never be found then your statement is by definition false. Your statement self refutes.
The fact i am typing this to you know is objective truth and will be true a thousand years from now. It is true for all people at all times whether they know, believe, or do not believe it to be true. All truth is objective truth.
You cannot find the Truth. You cannot approach it. No religion can help a human being find the absolute Truth, therefore it doesn't exists. Religion divides people.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#16 Jul 7, 2012
shivawia wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot find the Truth. You cannot approach it. No religion can help a human being find the absolute Truth, therefore it doesn't exists. Religion divides people.
If truth does not exist then why should i believe you when you make absolutist truth claims?

“This planet is”

Since: Jun 12

wonderfull

#17 Jul 7, 2012
Europe has a lot of atheists.
The atheist population of U.S.A is rising everyday.
Japan is full of atheists.
No wonder it's full of smart people.
Creationism is merely a theory.

“suck”

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#18 Jul 7, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> If truth does not exist then why should i believe you when you make absolutist truth claims?
You believe what you want so do I. Not that im forcing my beliefs onto you.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#19 Jul 7, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>what % of the people are atheist
all the INTELIGENT ones

the number doesnt matter

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#20 Jul 7, 2012
shivawia wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot find the Truth. You cannot approach it. No religion can help a human being find the absolute Truth, therefore it doesn't exists. Religion divides people.
agreed
religion has no truth only fairy tale fantasies.

tell me,how is the Absolute Truth different from simple old Truth?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 41
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Clearwater 63,762
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 min ffj 973,751
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Liamm 653,910
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr andet1987 2,577
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr -Scare__ Crow- 3,803
Why do guys lie to women so much about marriage? 1 hr Deceived by guy 1
Does anyone know Darrin Neuling?? 2 hr Deceived by guy 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr onemale 281,858
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 9 hr lightbeamrider 106,490
More from around the web