The 'perfect' kind of church to attend

The 'perfect' kind of church to attend

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

Doctor REALITY

United States

#1 Jul 21, 2013
Have you ever watched a Charles Stanley church service telecast?? Well, the reason I asked is because if you watch as the camera crew work their way around the church during the telecast, the first thing you notice is all of the people from different races, cultures, colors, backgrounds etc etc.. In my opinion, when you see stuff like THAT, you KNOW that pastor has something REAL special going on in their church. See, since we KNOW that the Lord is 'Lord' over all races of people, and He wants to save all people from all races and nations, that's how I KNOW a church were people from many different races and backgrounds is the perfect kind of church that I would like to be a member of. Maybe I shouldn't say this, but, it seems to me that a church that has only one, or is predominately one, race of people is a church that has a kind of 'weakness' about itself that has caused people who are 'different' from the majority of members to feel like an 'outsider' who's not really welcomed, but for the sake of the Gospel 'they are'. That's not REAL 'welcome' Just keepin' it REAL.
Knock off purse seller

Denver, CO

#2 Jul 21, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Have you ever watched a Charles Stanley church service telecast?? Well, the reason I asked is because if you watch as the camera crew work their way around the church during the telecast, the first thing you notice is all of the people from different races, cultures, colors, backgrounds etc etc.. In my opinion, when you see stuff like THAT, you KNOW that pastor has something REAL special going on in their church. See, since we KNOW that the Lord is 'Lord' over all races of people, and He wants to save all people from all races and nations, that's how I KNOW a church were people from many different races and backgrounds is the perfect kind of church that I would like to be a member of. Maybe I shouldn't say this, but, it seems to me that a church that has only one, or is predominately one, race of people is a church that has a kind of 'weakness' about itself that has caused people who are 'different' from the majority of members to feel like an 'outsider' who's not really welcomed, but for the sake of the Gospel 'they are'. That's not REAL 'welcome' Just keepin' it REAL.
You dislike churches with mostly one race?? Sure you do, if they're white. Blacks have churches in their area and they're mostly if not completely BLACK but you wouldnt say that about them, would you.

Got ya pegged. You have selective disgust.

Double standard.

No wonder no one takes you seriously.
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

#3 Jul 21, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Have you ever watched a Charles Stanley church service telecast??
Well, the reason I asked is because if you watch as the camera crew work their way around the church during the telecast, the first thing you notice is all of the people from different races, cultures, colors, backgrounds etc etc..

In my opinion, when you see stuff like THAT, you KNOW that pastor has something REAL special going on in their church. See, since we KNOW that the Lord is 'Lord' over all races of people, and He wants to save all people from all races and nations, that's how I KNOW a church were people from many different races and backgrounds is the perfect kind of church that I would like to be a member of. Maybe I shouldn't say this, but, it seems to me that a church that has only one, or is predominately one, race of people is a church that has a kind of 'weakness' about itself that has caused people who are 'different' from the majority of members to feel like an 'outsider' who's not really welcomed, but for the sake of the Gospel 'they are'. That's not REAL 'welcome' Just keepin' it REAL.
There's no people in Stanley's church.

They're filming on a 'green screen' and then edit by digitally inserting whatever scenery and demographics they want for later telecasts.

You should see his Aryan skinhead versions they broadcast in the Portland, Ore. area.
Doctor REALITY

United States

#4 Jul 21, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no people in Stanley's church.
They're filming on a 'green screen' and then edit by digitally inserting whatever scenery and demographics they want for later telecasts.
You should see his Aryan skinhead versions they broadcast in the Portland, Ore. area.
If you only had a brain.
Doctor REALITY

United States

#5 Jul 21, 2013
Knock off purse seller wrote:
<quoted text>
You dislike churches with mostly one race?? Sure you do, if they're white. Blacks have churches in their area and they're mostly if not completely BLACK but you wouldnt say that about them, would you.
Got ya pegged. You have selective disgust.
Double standard.
No wonder no one takes you seriously.
If you only had a brain.
Knock off purse seller

Denver, CO

#6 Jul 21, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>If you only had a brain.
Great way to defend yourself. "When you cant substantiate your side, insult!"
Knock off purse seller

Denver, CO

#7 Jul 21, 2013
Doctor TRUTH

Russia

#8 Jul 21, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Blacks tend to segregate themselves. They keep to themselves because they prefer it that way. THEY are the racial ones. Plus the fact that the Obama media has done all they can to please master O, in his plan to keep the nation divided.
Our pastors have made it plain on radio and tv programs that people from all races and colors are welcome to attend our serves. We believe that people from all walks of life will be in Heaven. Revelation 7: 9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
Read the whole chapter for more understanding.
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

#9 Jul 21, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Would you know one if somebody showed you one?
Doctor REALITY

United States

#10 Jul 21, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you know one if somebody showed you one?
Knock off purse seller

Denver, CO

#11 Jul 21, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =nauLgZISozsXX
Trying to be funny eh?
Doctor REALITY

United States

#12 Jul 22, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
I would absolutely LOVE to be a member of a church led by people like Charles Stanley, John McArthur, J. Vernon McGee(God rest his soul), Adrian Rogers(God rest his soul), Allister Begg, Arkansas' own, Charles Capps, Lasserie Bradley Jr., David Jeremiah, and I like listening to Fred Price Jr. There's a few others, but those are the ones I listen to the most. I used to LOVE to listen to me some Jimmy Swaggart!....until THIS happened.......:
Knock off purse seller

Denver, CO

#13 Jul 22, 2013
Swaggert the pervert.
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

#14 Jul 22, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
If you had a mind of your own you would be listening to pastors with intelligence.

"‘PUT JESUS ABOVE OUR BLACKNESS’: GUESS WHICH PASTOR HAS A BLUNT MESSAGE FOLLOWING THE TRAYVON MARTIN OUTCRY
Jul. 22, 2013 8:02am Billy Hallowell

Pastor Ken Hutcherson’s story both inspires and captivates audiences.
The faith leader,....has had a fascinating journey when it comes to his views on race relations in America.
Considering this latter element of his story, Hutcherson is speaking out in the wake of the George Zimmerman verdict.

After opening a recent op-ed with a Martin Luther King Jr. quote about speaking the truth, he warned readers that what he was about to say wouldn’t be popular, polite or safe — but that it is, in his view,“right.”
From there, he dove right in to the tragic Trayvon Martin saga.

“When you have a young black boy who is killed by what some are calling a white Hispanic, and Jackson and Sharpton (of the PPA or the Poverty Pimps of America), and a liberal media involved, you have the equivalent of nitroglycerin,” Hutcherson wrote.“Oh by the way, I never heard of ‘white Hispanic’ before but I guess this fits the bill in this case. This incident only needed someone to light the fuse.
Why is this true because black people are involved?”

The preacher went on to state his agreement with some of Dr. James Manning’s sentiments surrounding George Zimmerman and the Martin case.

As you may recall, Manning delivered a controversial message proclaiming that African Americans are viewing the world — and the Martin case — through their “black eyes” and that they need to start looking, instead, through the “blood of Jesus.”

Hutcherson continued:

I believe Dr. James Manning hit it on the head when he said that black people have a difficult time accepting truth simply because they are black. That’s right, black people are involved and it is impossible for the average black person to believe the truth. They refuse to believe that a black boy could be in the wrong when it comes to a white Hispanic. Blackness is the apex of victimhood and our blackness is above truth, above our Christianity, above our God, above our Holy Spirit, so that means if our blackness is above the Holy Spirit, then it is above Truth.
This is so important for everyone to know this so they can understand why this Trayvon and Zimmerman case is where it is today and why blacks refuse to believe what really happened....."

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/07/22/pa...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 2 min DENG 38,047
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Rosa_Winkel 30,091
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min truth 638,058
REPORT: Prince's red blood cell count was EXTRE... 8 min Doctor REALITY 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 10 min good advice 617,978
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 min onemale 280,525
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min pusherman 968,905
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 22 min good advice 43,922
More from around the web