created by: fear4 | Oct 24, 2007

Top Stories

163 votes

Why did you join topix?

Click on an option to vote

  • news reports
  • social networking
  • I get off on insulting people
  • to demonstrate my superiority
  • to demonstrate my stupidity
  • good question
  • all of the above
  • other

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of55
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“THE GAME IS RIGGED”

Since: Oct 07

Monroe, LA.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Oct 24, 2007
 

Judged:

2

1

1

I joined because I actually THOUGHT that ADULTS could discuss and engage in civil debates. Boy was I wrong. Even a good debate can turn into a pissing contest quickly.

“Ignorance is bliss”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Oct 24, 2007
 

Judged:

2

1

CLYDE L wrote:
I joined because I actually THOUGHT that ADULTS could discuss and engage in civil debates. Boy was I wrong. Even a good debate can turn into a pissing contest quickly.
Your not alone Clyde, If this site is any indication of the state of our country and its citizens we are in deep.....you understand. Great headline dude!

Since: May 07

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Oct 24, 2007
 

Judged:

2

CLYDE L wrote:
I joined because I actually THOUGHT that ADULTS could discuss and engage in civil debates. Boy was I wrong. Even a good debate can turn into a pissing contest quickly.
Well said, I couldn't agree with you more.
xgolfer

Newington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Oct 24, 2007
 

Judged:

1

CLYDE L wrote:
I joined because I actually THOUGHT that ADULTS could discuss and engage in civil debates. Boy was I wrong. Even a good debate can turn into a pissing contest quickly.
If you believed that, you didn't look around much first

“THE GAME IS RIGGED”

Since: Oct 07

Monroe, LA.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Oct 24, 2007
 

Judged:

1

xgolfer wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believed that, you didn't look around much first
Maybe you're right. I actually came across Topix by accident several months ago. Instead of posting comments, I would just read what others had to say on various topics, such as the war, politics, religion, race, etc. Needless to say, these topics tend to get people "animated" with their language.
sooner

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Oct 25, 2007
 
I have not joined because I do not know how. Stupid, "huh."

“The Evil Parallel Universe”

Since: May 07

Terran Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Oct 25, 2007
 

Judged:

2

Bored with time to kill

“It's about freedom of choice.”

Since: Jun 07

Mannasas Va.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Oct 25, 2007
 

Judged:

1

sooner wrote:
I have not joined because I do not know how. Stupid, "huh."
Just click on the sign up button on the top of the page,by posting here you've already technically "joined" the forums though.

I started posting here back in late 05/early 06 when the forums were first introduced & discovered the site quite by accident myself.
sooner

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Oct 25, 2007
 
Mike in Va wrote:
<quoted text>
Just click on the sign up button on the top of the page,by posting here you've already technically "joined" the forums though.
I started posting here back in late 05/early 06 when the forums were first introduced & discovered the site quite by accident myself.
Thanks I'll try it..
Just a thought

Odessa, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Oct 25, 2007
 
What other sites are there out there that are kind of like this one? There must be a lot more.
johnny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Oct 26, 2007
 

Judged:

1

I find topix stuff unintelligent... like the St. Bernard story... or both unintelligent and intentionally inflammatory... such as the "DNA pioneer claims Blacks are Genetically Inferior".

Is the purpose of this service to simply stir up people over things which have no truth value? One is based on poor reasoning, the other on an individual who is obviously not behaving according to his training, and hence it is misrepresentative.

That is my impression of this service. Cheap shots.

Since: Nov 07

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Nov 3, 2007
 

Judged:

1

Its fun!!!!!!!!! DUH

-Tori
Just An Observer

Oscoda, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Nov 3, 2007
 

Judged:

1

To read the public consensus on current issues and events.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Nov 5, 2007
 

Judged:

1

1

I didn't really join anything. I'm not committed to anything, didn't pay anything. But I started out thinking this was a news source. I was shocked to find out that any numbskull could be a contributor...including me! I got sucked in by a baiter...which now I know better as a troll. The best and only way to get to them....the GOOD ones anyway, is to ignore them. I've seen the most eloquent and well spoken writers fail at killing the really good trolls. Ignoring ANYONE who is rude or offensive is difficult, and is almost impossible without some experience in failing at making your point to them. Ignoring them, eventually always works .

Since: May 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Nov 5, 2007
 
CLYDE L wrote:
I joined because I actually THOUGHT that ADULTS could discuss and engage in civil debates. Boy was I wrong. Even a good debate can turn into a pissing contest quickly.
Well said, I am still trying to kind more than a handfull of adults that can talk with out getting mad if we do not agree on something.

“Life Happens”

Since: Nov 07

The Jellicle Junkyard

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Nov 5, 2007
 
Other. Someone I knew from another forum invited me
Donna Atlanta GA

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Nov 5, 2007
 
CLYDE L wrote:
I joined because I actually THOUGHT that ADULTS could discuss and engage in civil debates. Boy was I wrong. Even a good debate can turn into a pissing contest quickly.
Honestly, you have to look past the weeds and find the flowers. I love boards that aren't censored because you get so many flavors. If you don't like what someone says, don't respond. They're just looking for attention anyway.

I don't come here to insult anyone, and I don't respond to those who do. I weed through the garbage (I admit, some of it makes me laugh), and converse with people who seem like they have some intelligence and at least a fair command of the language.
xgolfer

Newington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Nov 5, 2007
 
indigestion

“Not all Who Wander Are Lost”

Since: Nov 07

AKA Wheezy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Nov 5, 2007
 
CLYDE L wrote:
I joined because I actually THOUGHT that ADULTS could discuss and engage in civil debates. Boy was I wrong. Even a good debate can turn into a pissing contest quickly.
For the conversation about the controversial issues you really can't discuss in person without someone jumping into your face shouting.

lol, at least here, when they rant you can ignore them and don't have to worry about a suckerpunch when you turn around to leave.

:D

“Honor above all else!”

Since: Oct 07

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Nov 25, 2007
 

Judged:

1

CLYDE L wrote:
I joined because I actually THOUGHT that ADULTS could discuss and engage in civil debates. Boy was I wrong. Even a good debate can turn into a pissing contest quickly.
Idealistic and funny. No insult intended. Anyway, I joined so I could edit the news in the town I live in and the surrounding communities. Face it, the little robot is not always that good at finding stories.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of55
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

580 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min RiversideRedneck 679,366
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min June VanDerMark 511,682
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 12 min KiMare 89,389
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 14 min RiversideRedneck 216,343
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 14 min Jturner4643 217
Gay Snapchat Names 26 min BigBoy_x 1,296
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 35 min yon 37,991
teen snapchat nudes 38 min tomyybb 104
•••
•••
•••