Does anyone know Mr D that worked at ...

Does anyone know Mr D that worked at LaSalle School??

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Since: Apr 10

Torrington, CT

#1 Apr 10, 2010
Please write back and let me know if you know a Mr D. from LaSalle. He like to be called Mr D but his real name is Mr James Dolciotto. Please leave a comment if you know of him and share what you think of him. Thank you
David

Newburgh, NY

#3 Oct 16, 2010
I had Mr. Dolciotto at St. Augustine's. He was a very fine man and teacher.
Mia

UK

#4 Apr 25, 2011
He was fabulous! I worked with him one Summer and he made the job pure joy! He never wore socks lol.
Anthony

United States

#5 May 11, 2011
Yes. I've known Mr. D for 25 years.
[email protected] I have his phone#
If you e-mail me your full name and
phone number, I'll get him your info
so he can call you.
Mike

Poughquag, NY

#7 Jul 4, 2011
James Dolciotto died either last night or this morning. He was very special to our family and he will be missed. I was the last one to speak to him when he passed and he told me to call him back in a few hours. He said that he had a headache and felt like he was going to throw up. I told him I would call him back in a half hour. I tried......The phone rang and rang. I started to get worried in the am when he still wasn't answering his phone. My wife and i called the police and they went to his apartment. They saw his car and had to make entry in the second floor window at his development. he was found in his bed, dead of natural causes. How does a man at 67 die of natural causes???? I have to go and identify the body tomorrow morning and I am going to demand an autopsy. He was a father to me when my real old man could not have given a shit. I have know Mr. D for over 2o years and he will be missed, not every day, but every minute. Please feel free to contact me for funeral arraignments.
Mary

Newark, NJ

#8 Jul 5, 2011
Mike wrote:
James Dolciotto died either last night or this morning. He was very special to our family and he will be missed. I was the last one to speak to him when he passed and he told me to call him back in a few hours. He said that he had a headache and felt like he was going to throw up. I told him I would call him back in a half hour. I tried......The phone rang and rang. I started to get worried in the am when he still wasn't answering his phone. My wife and i called the police and they went to his apartment. They saw his car and had to make entry in the second floor window at his development. he was found in his bed, dead of natural causes. How does a man at 67 die of natural causes???? I have to go and identify the body tomorrow morning and I am going to demand an autopsy. He was a father to me when my real old man could not have given a shit. I have know Mr. D for over 2o years and he will be missed, not every day, but every minute. Please feel free to contact me for funeral arraignments.
Mike, my name is Mary and James Dolciotto is my mother's first cousin. Jim's niece, Karri Ann, called my mother to notify her of his passing. Please let us know any funeral arrangements. Thank you
JIMMY CAMARO

Elizabeth, NJ

#9 Jul 5, 2011
You will be missed. May God hold you tight in his arms, and when you get there, tell my mom I said Hello...
Mike

Poughquag, NY

#10 Jul 5, 2011
Mary wrote:
<quoted text>Mike, my name is Mary and James Dolciotto is my mother's first cousin. Jim's niece, Karri Ann, called my mother to notify her of his passing. Please let us know any funeral arrangements. Thank you
Mary,

I will let everyone know when the funeral is. I am in the process of making the arraignments. Its real hard. We have spoke about this many times. I just cant believe the time is now. I have to identify the body today and that was really tough. He has a plot in queens that was already paid for. He wanted to be buried next to his mom and dad. I have to be strong for my kids but its hard. We spoke 10 times a day and never made a move without letting the other know about it. He was like a father to me and a best friend. I appreciate you writing your thoughts.... he was one of a kind and he will be missed. I will let you know about the arraignments.
Mike

Poughquag, NY

#11 Jul 5, 2011
JIMMY CAMARO wrote:
You will be missed. May God hold you tight in his arms, and when you get there, tell my mom I said Hello...
He loved that car. Who is this???
Sadtohear

Dover, NJ

#12 Jul 6, 2011
Hi, I would appreciate the update for his funeral arrangements. I was lucky enough to work with Jimmy and i know everyone would really appreciate the chance to be there as well. Thank you
Mary

Newark, NJ

#13 Jul 6, 2011
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary,
I will let everyone know when the funeral is. I am in the process of making the arraignments. Its real hard. We have spoke about this many times. I just cant believe the time is now. I have to identify the body today and that was really tough. He has a plot in queens that was already paid for. He wanted to be buried next to his mom and dad. I have to be strong for my kids but its hard. We spoke 10 times a day and never made a move without letting the other know about it. He was like a father to me and a best friend. I appreciate you writing your thoughts.... he was one of a kind and he will be missed. I will let you know about the arraignments.
Mike, Thank you for your reply. I was wondering if I could ask you a question. Jim often referred to his godson. Is that your son who he was referring to? My mom, Vivian is his first cousin and was very close to him and is still shocked over the news of his passing. I would appreciate you keeping in contact with me. Thank you. Mary
Kyle

East Meadow, NY

#14 Jul 6, 2011
i found out just a few hours ago today....I lost all composure at work and had to leave...Words cant express how i feel inside. he was a teacher/father/friend to me since 95.. He believed in me when i didnt. I lost contact after 2001. Could someone please email me wit arrangements.. I have to say goodbye . Thank you
richard stanzione

Bronx, NY

#15 Jul 6, 2011
Mary wrote:
<quoted text> Mike, Thank you for your reply. I was wondering if I could ask you a question. Jim often referred to his godson. Is that your son who he was referring to? My mom, Vivian is his first cousin and was very close to him and is still shocked over the news of his passing. I would appreciate you keeping in contact with me. Thank you. Mary
Hi Mary - Its your cousin Rich (Charlie and Betty's son)- i hope you and aunt vivian are doing well. its been a long time. i look forward to seeing you...just not at uncle jims wake. we will talk then. this whole situation just stinks and is leaving a bad taste in all of our mouths.

send love to the family from the family...

your cousin...Rich
Mike

Poughquag, NY

#16 Jul 6, 2011
Sadtohear wrote:
Hi, I would appreciate the update for his funeral arrangements. I was lucky enough to work with Jimmy and i know everyone would really appreciate the chance to be there as well. Thank you
I have a 10 am appointment tomorrow at OB Davis funeral home in Port jeff. I will let everyone know the day and times. Thank you all so much for writing on here. I know he was well liked and loved by many. God Bless
Mike

Poughquag, NY

#17 Jul 6, 2011
Mary wrote:
<quoted text> Mike, Thank you for your reply. I was wondering if I could ask you a question. Jim often referred to his godson. Is that your son who he was referring to? My mom, Vivian is his first cousin and was very close to him and is still shocked over the news of his passing. I would appreciate you keeping in contact with me. Thank you. Mary
Mary, we loved him so much that we made him the godfather of all three of our boys. We met your mom at the coram diner when we all went out to eat with uncle Jimmy. I will let everyone know the exact date and time of when his viewing will be. I spoke with him many times about "what to do" when this ever happened but......now that its here, I wish we spoke a little more about it in detail. Trying not to offend family members or stepping on any toes is not my intentions. To others who think the "situation sucks" might want to re evaluate that statement and ask themselves.....does it suck because he's gone??? or does it suck because of other reasons??? listen I want to set the record straight. I understand why others feel the situation "sucks". I am simply doing what "He" wanted me to do. Where I come from, loving someone or caring for someone doesn't matter whether your family or not. Being family doesn't mean anything in this day and age..... its how you treated the person while they were alive. The way you show that person HOW that person meant to you and how much you meant to them. There wasnt a day that went by that my family didnt call him and vise versa. Uncle Jimmy.....to me.... was like a father. I showed it everyday to him. Did others??? All I want to do is get through this hard time and not be hassled right now. Can I do that??? I really wish others would allow me and my family the proper time to grieve before unimportant issues are presented?
richard stanzione

Bronx, NY

#18 Jul 7, 2011
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary, we loved him so much that we made him the godfather of all three of our boys. We met your mom at the coram diner when we all went out to eat with uncle Jimmy. I will let everyone know the exact date and time of when his viewing will be. I spoke with him many times about "what to do" when this ever happened but......now that its here, I wish we spoke a little more about it in detail. Trying not to offend family members or stepping on any toes is not my intentions. To others who think the "situation sucks" might want to re evaluate that statement and ask themselves.....does it suck because he's gone??? or does it suck because of other reasons??? listen I want to set the record straight. I understand why others feel the situation "sucks". I am simply doing what "He" wanted me to do. Where I come from, loving someone or caring for someone doesn't matter whether your family or not. Being family doesn't mean anything in this day and age..... its how you treated the person while they were alive. The way you show that person HOW that person meant to you and how much you meant to them. There wasnt a day that went by that my family didnt call him and vise versa. Uncle Jimmy.....to me.... was like a father. I showed it everyday to him. Did others??? All I want to do is get through this hard time and not be hassled right now. Can I do that??? I really wish others would allow me and my family the proper time to grieve before unimportant issues are presented?
Mike -

I'm not going to get into this on the computer. I realize you are dealing with a tremendous burden during this difficult time. we are all grieving this sudden terrible loss. this is the 2nd passing my family has had this year...both close dear members of this family. don't say family means nothing in this day and age - every family is different and ours is very close - always has been and always will be. it doesn't take daily phone calls to make a family close. When you say "Uncle Jimmy..to me..was like a father. I showed it everyday to him. Did others???" Your damn right we did... mom always doated on crazy uncle Felix...always invited, wanted and included in all family activities..always loved...godfather to my son and sister as well...please dont go there.... that crazy son of a bitch was our favorite uncle growing up....:)

i don't doubt for a second that you and your family are grieving as much as we are...you guys were obviously his family as well, but when someone you've never met before suddenly calls you and gives you this news and then tells you that they will be handling all of the details....details that blood family usually handles, well put yourself in our shoes.... its a little hard to digest...as is this whole thing...we'd all just rather have him back in our lives...

no offense was intended ... and i'm not going to take offense to your comments either.... just grieving and sad over here...

i'll talk to you....
CAMARO 95

Elizabeth, NJ

#19 Jul 7, 2011
Hey Mike, just one question...who's gonna help you out now? Talk about taking advantage...
lerner

United States

#20 Jul 7, 2011
CAMARO 95 wrote:
Hey Mike, just one question...who's gonna help you out now? Talk about taking advantage...
Camaro 95, who are you and how do you know Jimmy? Just wondering, thanks!
Sadtohear

Dover, NJ

#21 Jul 7, 2011
Any updates on the funeral/wake. Many of his fiends from work are asking.
Thanks
Pam
Mary

Newark, NJ

#22 Jul 7, 2011
richard stanzione wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Mary - Its your cousin Rich (Charlie and Betty's son)- i hope you and aunt vivian are doing well. its been a long time. i look forward to seeing you...just not at uncle jims wake. we will talk then. this whole situation just stinks and is leaving a bad taste in all of our mouths.
send love to the family from the family...
your cousin...Rich
Hi Rich, Great to hear from you, just wish it was under different circumstances. It has been a long time since I have seen or talked to you and I know things are very hard for all of you. I hope to have the chance to spend time with you. My sympathies to you and your family for both losses you have had this past year. Mary

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Steve III 654,225
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 13 min Insults Are Easier 64,206
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 14 min Toby 106,563
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 21 min Catcher1 9,378
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 26 min Gabriel 973,873
Gays snapchat usernames 50 min Timmberg97 19
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 52 min who 281,905
More from around the web