Only Love can defeat terrorism
spam

Indianapolis, IN

#42 Jul 10, 2010
Captain O wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get it, do you? The people of Afghanistan want peace and stabilitiy and the only group that is able to guarantee that are the Taliban. Every day, Afghans are being murdered, maimed, tortured and raped by NATO/ISAF forces, including our U.S. military. The people in Afghanistan HATE the tyrannical occupation forces and wish they would leave ASAP. Why do you think that the Taliban have no trouble getting new fighters to join them? Have you ever thought about that?
Regarding Iraq, our military is NOT fighting al Qaeda there because it doesn't exist there any longer. Al Qaeda operatives were active for a short period of time between the murder of Saddam and the forging of a Sunni pact which chased all al Qaeda members out of Iraq. So explain to me, why tf our military is still in that country.
Will the answer ryhme with foil Alex?
spam

Indianapolis, IN

#43 Jul 10, 2010
Captain O wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm merely posting the facts which obviously you're unable to handle. During the few years between the defeat of the Soviets and the invasion by NATO, the Taliban ruled Afghanistan with a heavy hand but they brought peace and stability to that war-torn country.
It is precisely peace and political stability that need to be re-established in Afghanistan and that's what these Afghan freedom fighters are fighting for.
Got it?
If America was invaded by foreign troops that were raping and killing our women and children, I imagine we would react in a negitive manner.(Drop them in their tracks.)

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#44 Jul 12, 2010
therealdeal wrote:
<quoted text>There hasn't been one successful attack on American soil since 9/11. What we are doing IS working. National security is job one. These sneaky little bastards have had every opportunity to ruin major events like the Olympics, World cup, Super Bowl, Airline flights, etc. but we are always one step ahead of them and killing them like the cockroaches they are.
Did you not read the news of how that Pakistani guy almost blew up Times Square? He didn't fail because U.S. security forces or police caught him. He failed because he didn't prepare his bomb correctly. He failed solely because of himself, not because of the U.S. He did a very good job of evading police and securit forces. You guys got lucky not because police caught him, but because he failed due to his own incompetence in carrying out his insanity. If it had been any more competent lunatic, he would've blown that area to hell and there's nothing the cops would've been able to do about it.
Captain O

Domsühl, Germany

#45 Jul 12, 2010
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you not read the news of how that Pakistani guy almost blew up Times Square? He didn't fail because U.S. security forces or police caught him. He failed because he didn't prepare his bomb correctly. He failed solely because of himself, not because of the U.S. He did a very good job of evading police and securit forces. You guys got lucky not because police caught him, but because he failed due to his own incompetence in carrying out his insanity. If it had been any more competent lunatic, he would've blown that area to hell and there's nothing the cops would've been able to do about it.
Well said, True Truth. The ignoramus should watch "The Spy Factory" which shows how our intelligence agencies are not only totally incompetent but outright criminal. Due to the FBI's and NSA's constant blunders, the 9/11 hijackers were allowed to carry out their attacks:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/spyfactory/progr...

“Listen to the sounds”

#46 Jul 12, 2010
Captain O wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said, True Truth. The ignoramus should watch "The Spy Factory" which shows how our intelligence agencies are not only totally incompetent but outright criminal. Due to the FBI's and NSA's constant blunders, the 9/11 hijackers were allowed to carry out their attacks:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/spyfactory/progr...
I'm a South African muslim. My country's military is nowhere near as advanced as the U.S., yet we face virtually no threat of terrorism at all. In fact, the only threat of terrorism our country faced, was before our 2010 World Cup when the terrorists threatened to come to our country to attack the U.S. football team. That hasn't materialised.

No one threathens to attack South African people because our country does not attack anyone or threathen anyone. We strive to give other people no cause at all to hate us.

That is what the U.S. has yet to learn. Instead of striving to defeat all those who hate them, the U.S. needs to find a way to make other people stop hating them.

If someone hates you they'll get you. Sure advanced weaponry and defence systems would make it difficult, but they'll get you. The best thing, and also the cheapest, is to give no cause to hate you. The U.S. government just loves to push its weight around in the middle east to secure cheap oil. Be it through military force, or funding of puppet Arab governments or funding the Zionist Regime. Terrorists in the middle east can pretty much take their pick on why they should hate the U.S.

And in the end it is ultimately the U.S. civilians who suffer, be it through direct attack, economic meltdown or media fiascos.
Captain O

Domsühl, Germany

#47 Jul 12, 2010
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a South African muslim. My country's military is nowhere near as advanced as the U.S., yet we face virtually no threat of terrorism at all. In fact, the only threat of terrorism our country faced, was before our 2010 World Cup when the terrorists threatened to come to our country to attack the U.S. football team. That hasn't materialised.
No one threathens to attack South African people because our country does not attack anyone or threathen anyone. We strive to give other people no cause at all to hate us.
That is what the U.S. has yet to learn. Instead of striving to defeat all those who hate them, the U.S. needs to find a way to make other people stop hating them.
If someone hates you they'll get you. Sure advanced weaponry and defence systems would make it difficult, but they'll get you. The best thing, and also the cheapest, is to give no cause to hate you. The U.S. government just loves to push its weight around in the middle east to secure cheap oil. Be it through military force, or funding of puppet Arab governments or funding the Zionist Regime. Terrorists in the middle east can pretty much take their pick on why they should hate the U.S.
And in the end it is ultimately the U.S. civilians who suffer, be it through direct attack, economic meltdown or media fiascos.
Again, you hit the nail on the head, True Truth. I hope that my fellow Americans will wake up one day and realize that military aggression against innocent people will always backfire and cause asymmetrical attacks against U.S. citizens.
YeahRight

Anderson, IN

#48 Jul 12, 2010
Captain O wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm merely posting the facts which obviously you're unable to handle. During the few years between the defeat of the Soviets and the invasion by NATO, the Taliban ruled Afghanistan with a heavy hand but they brought peace and stability to that war-torn country.
It is precisely peace and political stability that need to be re-established in Afghanistan and that's what these Afghan freedom fighters are fighting for.
Got it?
You might want to broaden your reference materials beyond wikipedia and pbs.

“Come into my Parlour”

Since: Jul 09

Santiago, Chile

#49 Jul 12, 2010
I still don't know why the US attacked Iraq in the first place. Could someone tell me?
therealdeal

United States

#50 Jul 12, 2010
Captain O wrote:
<quoted text> Why do you think that the Taliban have no trouble getting new fighters to join them? Have you ever thought about that?
That's so easy. Ppl are starving to death over there. Throw a little money at someone and they will do what they are told. Even strap a bomb to themselves and kill innocent women and children.
therealdeal

United States

#51 Jul 12, 2010
Web Spider wrote:
I still don't know why the US attacked Iraq in the first place. Could someone tell me?
Bc the ppl of Iraq were pissed at us for not getting Saddam the first time around. Sure we wiped out all of his bare footed soldiers while he was hiding in tunnels like a rat. Saddam started playing games regarding wmd and that was our excuse for going in to wipe him out. We are still there to train their police and keep the peace. Democracy and freedom do not happen over night.
andet1987

Slinger, WI

#52 Jul 12, 2010
Web Spider wrote:
http://desip.igc.org/ConvergingAgendas.html

“Come into my Parlour”

Santiago, Chile

#53 Jul 12, 2010
therealdeal wrote:
<quoted text>Bc the ppl of Iraq were pissed at us for not getting Saddam the first time around. Sure we wiped out all of his bare footed soldiers while he was hiding in tunnels like a rat. Saddam started playing games regarding wmd and that was our excuse for going in to wipe him out. We are still there to train their police and keep the peace. Democracy and freedom do not happen over night.
OK. That's the excuse (as you so aptly call it)... Now what is the reason?

“Come into my Parlour”

Santiago, Chile

#54 Jul 13, 2010
andet1987 wrote:
Interesting. But I think it is about the oil too ...

“Come into my Parlour”

Santiago, Chile

#55 Jul 13, 2010
therealdeal wrote:
<quoted text>Bc the ppl of Iraq were pissed at us for not getting Saddam the first time around. Sure we wiped out all of his bare footed soldiers while he was hiding in tunnels like a rat. Saddam started playing games regarding wmd and that was our excuse for going in to wipe him out. We are still there to train their police and keep the peace. Democracy and freedom do not happen over night.
And the US wants to force freedom on the Iraquis, right? No wonder Bush had to duck flying shoes (the symbol of their everlasting gratitude)...

“Come into my Parlour”

Santiago, Chile

#56 Jul 13, 2010
therealdeal wrote:
<quoted text>That's so easy. Ppl are starving to death over there. Throw a little money at someone and they will do what they are told. Even strap a bomb to themselves and kill innocent women and children.
And you think it's the prerogative of a rich country with well-paid soldiers to kill innocent women & children, right?
YeahRight

Anderson, IN

#58 Jul 13, 2010
Web Spider wrote:
<quoted text>
And you think it's the prerogative of a rich country with well-paid soldiers to kill innocent women & children, right?
So where have you gotten your facts on exactly how many innocent women and children have been killed by our "well paid" soldiers? Or have you pulled that phrase out of your azz? Has there been any innocent men or is it just the women and children?

“Listen to the sounds”

#59 Jul 13, 2010
YeahRight wrote:
<quoted text>So where have you gotten your facts on exactly how many innocent women and children have been killed by our "well paid" soldiers? Or have you pulled that phrase out of your azz? Has there been any innocent men or is it just the women and children?
Here's some statistics from the Afghan war:

Civilians Killed as a result of Taliban Insurgents: 5700
Civilians Killed by U.S. actions: up to 28000 (est.), with 8000 through direct killing and 20000 due to starvation and water shortages.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilian_casualt... (2001%E2%80%93present)

Iraq War:

95000 - 105000 civilians killed since March 2003.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_th...

Those civilians all have relatives, some of which will seek revenge for U.S. actions. They'll seek to join terrorist groups, or form their own group and keep planning. And the cycle just keeps repeating itself.

Around 3000 civilians have died during 9/11. For that, as well as false WMD excuses, the U.S. government has killed over 128000 civilians in the middle east.

Today, Taliban attacks have been as rampant as ever, with the past months having been the deadliest months for U.S. forces.

Evidently, terror doesn't defeat terrorism. It only makes it stronger.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#60 Jul 13, 2010
One of the most important differences between Man and the animals is that Man was created with both earthly desires and with a conscience. Every person possesses desires that incite him to evil, along with a conscience that inspires him to avoid it. Alongside such pleasing attributes inspired by that conscience--love, sacrifice, compassion, humility, affection, honesty, loyalty and kindness--he also possesses destructive and undesirable tendencies, stemming from his earthly desires. Thanks to his conscience, however, the believer can distinguish between right and wrong and opt for what is morally right. Strong belief in and fear of God, faith in the hereafter, powerful fear of the endless torments of hell and a yearning for Paradise all keep the temptations of his earthly desires at bay. Therefore, he always behaves well towards people, is forgiving, responds to wickedness with good, assists those in need, and shows compassion, love, affection and tolerance.

Terrorists, on the other hand, listen to their earthly desire for violence instead of their consciences, and can easily turn to all forms of wickedness. They become loveless, aggressive people who easily hurt others without the slightest pang of conscience. Having no fear of God, they do not know the morality of religion, nor do they practice it. Nothing can stop them from committing crimes.

In restraining its citizens, society's prevailing rules can go only so far. Thanks to its law enforcement units, the state may be able to partially protect streets and public spaces, and--thanks to a powerful system of justice--may be able to take necessary means to ensure public order and ensure that the crime rate drops. But since it's impossible to keep watch on every individual, 24 hours a day, it's essential that peoples' consciences enter the equation at some stage. Someone who doesn't heed the voice of his conscience can easily turn to crime when on his own, or surrounded by people of like mind. The result is a society of individuals who gladly lie when they feel it necessary, have no compunction against enjoying unfair profits, and feel no qualms about oppressing and exploiting the weak. In a society that has lost all spiritual values and has no fear of God, purely physical measures are clearly not going to solve every problem. The morality of religion, on the other hand, commands a person to avoid evil deeds, even when on his own and when he knows that nobody in his community will ever punish him for his misdeeds. The person who knows that God will call him to account for his every deed, his every decision and his every word--and will reward him for them accordingly in the hereafter--will always avoid evil.

Terrorist organizations can't possibly have any place in a society whose people avoid evil of their own free will. Where religion's morality prevails, problems that give rise to organizations supporting the use of violence will disappear naturally. If the whole society possesses superior virtues like honesty, sacrifice, love and justice, there can be no place for such things as poverty, unequal distribution of income, injustice, the oppression of the weak, or limitations on freedoms. On the contrary, a social order will emerge that meets the wants of the needy; where the wealthy protect the poor and the strong, the weak; where everyone can enjoy the very best health care, education, and transport systems. There, tolerance and understanding will dominate the relationships between different ethnic groups, religions and cultures.

For these reasons, proper morality is the key to solving so many social problems. The source of that key, in turn, is the Qur'an, which God has revealed as a guide for mankind.

YeahRight

Anderson, IN

#61 Jul 13, 2010
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's some statistics from the Afghan war:
Civilians Killed as a result of Taliban Insurgents: 5700
Civilians Killed by U.S. actions: up to 28000 (est.), with 8000 through direct killing and 20000 due to starvation and water shortages.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilian_casualt... (2001%E2%80%93present)
Iraq War:
95000 - 105000 civilians killed since March 2003.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_th...
Those civilians all have relatives, some of which will seek revenge for U.S. actions. They'll seek to join terrorist groups, or form their own group and keep planning. And the cycle just keeps repeating itself.
Around 3000 civilians have died during 9/11. For that, as well as false WMD excuses, the U.S. government has killed over 128000 civilians in the middle east.
Today, Taliban attacks have been as rampant as ever, with the past months having been the deadliest months for U.S. forces.
Evidently, terror doesn't defeat terrorism. It only makes it stronger.
Wikipedia is not quite a reliable source. You or I can get on there and alter the text.

Doing a google search will give you many sites (most with an agenda) with numbers all over the board. One has to seriously question any number that is prefaced with "up to". For example, "up to 1,000,000 deaths were cause by __________" but in reality 1 death caused by __________ fits into this statistic and makes the statstic correct. Taliban insurgents are responsible for more deaths http://www.philly.com/philly/wires/ap/news/wo... with NATO troops responsible for 20% of the civilian deaths. Is that to many - yes.

How does one differentiate civilians from insurgents? Many of the left leaning publications will take the word of people with agendas. Everyone is an innocent civilian to them. Even the ones with AK47s and those wearing bomb vests.

I am not saying by ANY stretch that innocent civilians are not killed. That is one of the many down sides of war. But as long as the people the US is fighting quits hiding among the "innocent" civilians it will continue.

“Listen to the sounds”

#62 Jul 13, 2010
YeahRight wrote:
<quoted text>Wikipedia is not quite a reliable source. You or I can get on there and alter the text.
Doing a google search will give you many sites (most with an agenda) with numbers all over the board. One has to seriously question any number that is prefaced with "up to". For example, "up to 1,000,000 deaths were cause by __________" but in reality 1 death caused by __________ fits into this statistic and makes the statstic correct. Taliban insurgents are responsible for more deaths http://www.philly.com/philly/wires/ap/news/wo... with NATO troops responsible for 20% of the civilian deaths. Is that to many - yes.
How does one differentiate civilians from insurgents? Many of the left leaning publications will take the word of people with agendas. Everyone is an innocent civilian to them. Even the ones with AK47s and those wearing bomb vests.
I am not saying by ANY stretch that innocent civilians are not killed. That is one of the many down sides of war. But as long as the people the US is fighting quits hiding among the "innocent" civilians it will continue.
Did you even open the link i sent you? Or did you just read my post. Wikipedia doesnt say "up to 28000". I summarised it for you. And Wikipedia isn't the gospel truth, but it does strive to be unbiased and in this article it cites many reputable references. You cant just simply dismiss the figures just because it doesnt suit your government. Do not let your patriotism for your country be mistaken with loyalty and unquestioning trust for your government.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 4 min dollarsbill 6,400
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min It aint necessari... 863,923
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 19 min MUQ2 835
The Christian Atheist debate 34 min BenAdam 1,939
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 37 min pusherman_ 599,406
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 40,859
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 2 hr Halle Berry Sister 2,771
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr WasteWater 272,403
More from around the web