Hundreds Gather to Honor Slain Aborti...

Hundreds Gather to Honor Slain Abortion Doctor

There are 1113 comments on the The Washington Post story from Jun 6, 2009, titled Hundreds Gather to Honor Slain Abortion Doctor. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

This Jan. 19, 2002 file photo shows Dr. George Tiller, shot to death at his church last Sunday, May 31, 2009, who had been the target of a relentless protest campaign for most of the 36 years that he performed abortions at his Wichita clinic.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

“Over The Mountains of the moon”

Since: Apr 08

Down the vally of the Shadow

#125 Jun 9, 2009
Caffeinated wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen...this is a forum. The point is to discuss the topic at hand. Good, bad, nice, or controversial. That is what makes it fun....the exchange of ideas. And at times...it is not going to be pleasant.
For those of us who enjoy controversial topics, we know that conversation is going to get heated.
If you want sweet dialogue, go talk with your grandmother...you know? Maybe she can bake you some cookies while she's at it.
Just because some people aren't crying about this guys death, does not make them a criminal.
It is a thread with a serious subject but what some fail to realize is that the family members of this man may be reading threads on topix and come across this one. Would you like to be the child of this man and stumble on some of the foul things said here by some posters?
Caffeinated

Lake Zurich, IL

#126 Jun 9, 2009
NorCal88 wrote:
<quoted text>It is a thread with a serious subject but what some fail to realize is that the family members of this man may be reading threads on topix and come across this one. Would you like to be the child of this man and stumble on some of the foul things said here by some posters?
ROTFLMAO!!!!

"Would you like to be the child of this man and stumble on some of the foul things said here by some posters?"

You mean the kids with a pulse?
Caffeinated

Lake Zurich, IL

#127 Jun 9, 2009
NorCal88 wrote:
<quoted text>It is a thread with a serious subject but what some fail to realize is that the family members of this man may be reading threads on topix and come across this one. Would you like to be the child of this man and stumble on some of the foul things said here by some posters?
If this guy was worried about his kids, or anyone elses', he would have become a pediatrician instead of a murderer.

It isn't up to me to guard them from the dangers of his father's world. As far as I know, they have a mom too. Let her worry about it.

Apparently, she must be a lunatic too. Who would marry such a man...and have kids with him?? But then again, most serial killers have a large following while in prison.

There is no explaining the human psyche.
AverageWhiteGuy

Elberfeld, IN

#128 Jun 9, 2009
Ole tiller probably didnt have any children but rather he murdered tme before they were born and put them in a glas jar where he would look at them and burst into maniacal fits of laughter on a daily basis.

And then he later probably cooked them and ate them.

“Over The Mountains of the moon”

Since: Apr 08

Down the vally of the Shadow

#129 Jun 9, 2009
Caffeinated wrote:
<quoted text>
ROTFLMAO!!!!
"Would you like to be the child of this man and stumble on some of the foul things said here by some posters?"
You mean the kids with a pulse?
Why don't you just go to some of the soldier memorial threads and start bashing them as well!

“Over The Mountains of the moon”

Since: Apr 08

Down the vally of the Shadow

#130 Jun 9, 2009
Caffeinated wrote:
<quoted text>
If this guy was worried about his kids, or anyone elses', he would have become a pediatrician instead of a murderer.
It isn't up to me to guard them from the dangers of his father's world. As far as I know, they have a mom too. Let her worry about it.
Apparently, she must be a lunatic too. Who would marry such a man...and have kids with him?? But then again, most serial killers have a large following while in prison.
There is no explaining the human psyche.
You are correct about the human psyche...look at how you act on this thread!

“Over The Mountains of the moon”

Since: Apr 08

Down the vally of the Shadow

#131 Jun 9, 2009
AverageWhiteGuy wrote:
Ole tiller probably didnt have any children but rather he murdered tme before they were born and put them in a glas jar where he would look at them and burst into maniacal fits of laughter on a daily basis.
And then he later probably cooked them and ate them.
only people from Kentucky to sick crap like that.
Caffeinated

Lake Zurich, IL

#132 Jun 9, 2009
NorCal88 wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you just go to some of the soldier memorial threads and start bashing them as well!
How dare you!

You are trying to compare Tiller, with the brave men and women that serve our country?

Shame-on-you!
Caffeinated

Lake Zurich, IL

#133 Jun 9, 2009
NorCal88 wrote:
<quoted text>You are correct about the human psyche...look at how you act on this thread!
Meaning what?

“Over The Mountains of the moon”

Since: Apr 08

Down the vally of the Shadow

#134 Jun 9, 2009
Caffeinated wrote:
<quoted text>
How dare you!
You are trying to compare Tiller, with the brave men and women that serve our country?
Shame-on-you!
What i'm saying is, is that the title of the thread lends itself to be a memorial thread and should be treated as such.

By the way, I am active duty military and have been for 21 years so i believe in the freedom of choice. I don't put my a ss on the line for people to take freedom away from others. My job is to ensure freedom.
Yum

Houston, TX

#135 Jun 9, 2009
Well, look at it this way:

The middle east has their fanatical, theocratic terrorists willing to kill for "God" and cheer the murder of another member of society who meant them no harm, while we have fanatical, theocratic terrorist willing to kill for "God" and cheer the murder of another member of society who meant them no harm. Out there, they are called the Taliban and Al Qaeda, and over here, they are called Pro-Life activists.

Irony at it's finest. The American Taliban.

“Over The Mountains of the moon”

Since: Apr 08

Down the vally of the Shadow

#136 Jun 9, 2009
Caffeinated wrote:
<quoted text>
Meaning what?
you encourage the demented remarks toward a dead man and could care less if his family reads this thread. It is disrespectful and i know for a fact that other threads have been created to bash him. I would say try one of those threads but the damage is already done. I guess my service and the service of all military troops to ensure freedom and rights is all for nothing, at least that is how it feels when i read the garbage being posted on threads like this.
Curtis Lowe

Montgomery, AL

#137 Jun 9, 2009
Fish wrote:
<quoted text>That's because you are a Christian fundamentalist, which is synonymous with hypocrisy. You don't actually believe in acting Christ-like. You just expect everyone else to.
Christ was a hothead. He would have offed this prick himself if he had the chance.
Curtis Lowe

Montgomery, AL

#138 Jun 9, 2009
A Watcher wrote:
<quoted text>Only someone like you would love to have people abandoning babies, babies born suffering from a horrible condition, or mothers dying in child birth.
Pretty much. It's not easy being me, but I muddle through OK.
Caffeinated

Lake Zurich, IL

#139 Jun 9, 2009
NorCal88 wrote:
<quoted text>What i'm saying is, is that the title of the thread lends itself to be a memorial thread and should be treated as such.
By the way, I am active duty military and have been for 21 years so i believe in the freedom of choice. I don't put my a ss on the line for people to take freedom away from others. My job is to ensure freedom.
What exactly are you honoring?
Caffeinated

Lake Zurich, IL

#140 Jun 9, 2009
NorCal88 wrote:
<quoted text>What i'm saying is, is that the title of the thread lends itself to be a memorial thread and should be treated as such.
By the way, I am active duty military and have been for 21 years so i believe in the freedom of choice. I don't put my a ss on the line for people to take freedom away from others. My job is to ensure freedom.
And what about freedom of speech?
Caffeinated

Lake Zurich, IL

#141 Jun 9, 2009
NorCal88 wrote:
<quoted text>you encourage the demented remarks toward a dead man and could care less if his family reads this thread. It is disrespectful and i know for a fact that other threads have been created to bash him. I would say try one of those threads but the damage is already done. I guess my service and the service of all military troops to ensure freedom and rights is all for nothing, at least that is how it feels when i read the garbage being posted on threads like this.
Really? What have I said exactly that is "demented"? And no...I don't care if his family reads what I have said. Why would I? They know that he is a murderer. His choice...not mine. If anything, they should be ashamed to be associated with him. Although, he is responsible for his own actions, so I wouldn't hold it against them.

You out of anyone should understand life...and the living.

Your job being in the military is to assure life for Americans...not death.

And, yes...thank you for my freedoms. I can honestly say that I appreciate them more than the left wing socialists that you defend.
AverageWhiteGuy

Elberfeld, IN

#142 Jun 10, 2009
Abortion doctors are not really human but are genetically regressed mutations of the human race. The sole purpose of the evolutionary process is to advance a particular race of animal and or human so that it becomes stronger, smarter and more efficiently capable of procreating its own. In other words we as individuals comprising the human race are supposed to care for feed and protect others human beings. We are not supposed to behave as animals and murder and butcher each other before we are born.
mmullins

United States

#143 Jun 10, 2009
Caffeinated wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure that God has already forgiven you. As for the rest of us....it really doesn't matter what we think.
If you are a good person, you know it. No need for guilt. You have a right to an opinion.
ty
some do not realize as a christian when we do something that is not of GOD'S will we must ask for forgiveness
mmullins

United States

#144 Jun 10, 2009
NorCal88 wrote:
<quoted text>What i'm saying is, is that the title of the thread lends itself to be a memorial thread and should be treated as such.
By the way, I am active duty military and have been for 21 years so i believe in the freedom of choice. I don't put my a ss on the line for people to take freedom away from others. My job is to ensure freedom.
my brother was also a three term marine
he was one of the most decorated non-commissioned officers in the marines
he was in beruit at the time of the bombing
i could have lost him then but i thank GOD for protecting him
he was also a christian
he died at christmas from flu and diabetis complications
his job to was to ensure our freedom so please do not disgrace his memorial

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Buck Crick 864,459
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min June VanDerMark 599,565
Something blocking my vaginal entrance...? 37 min daijoubu 1
9/11&bin 42 min REV CAROL 1
Know What You Throwing Away 55 min CarlBenjamin 1
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr HipGnosis 1,984
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 1 hr Grunt56 221,990
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr -Stray Dog 6,456
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Epiphany2 612,903
More from around the web