LETTER: Stand up for the unborn child

Full story: The Lufkin Daily News

There have been many people outraged by the treatment of dogs and animals in recent letters to the editor.

Comments (Page 4,313)

Showing posts 86,241 - 86,260 of146,419
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Brilliant

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

Judged:

Sue wrote:
<quoted text>
"SOME of us are here to debate the TOPIC."
When do you plan on starting?
OK Sue, lets debte:

Exactly WHAT makes you feel that a human fetus is more important than say, as dog fetus?

I will be waiting for your answer.

“Born OK the First Time”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

Judged:

Sue wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I'm not. I have found the discussion about burying the bodies of those killed by abortion disturbing on many levels.
I lost my son when I was 16 weeks pregnant. Yes, he was my SON, just as much as Megan and Becky are my daughters. I held him in my arms, took pictures of him, named him, had a funeral for him, and buried him next to my grandparents. The comments today and yesterday were cruel and heartless.
Many prochoicers say that they don't know of anyone who regretted their abortions. Why would a woman who does approach that subject with you? So that you can make fun of her? So that you can belittle her? So that you can tell her that the life that they took was a worthless clump of cells?
I have seen the very ugly side of many people during this discussion and I have lost a lot of respect for many of you.
Sue, you didn't see the point of the discussion. I find it just as repulsive that your anti-choice buddies have no problem parading body parts around for their agenda. It isn't any of their business what is done with those body parts because the body parts in question DID NOT COME FROM THEM OR FROM ANY OF THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS. So if one of them or their family members chooses to terminate a pregnancy or has a miscarriage and then decides to parade those remains on a videotape, pictures, or other media source to further their agenda, go for it. Otherwise, it's none of their business what happens in another person's medical procedure.

It is also none of their business how another person chooses to mourn or close that chapter in their lives. Just because someone chooses to terminate a pregnancy doesn't mean they don't mourn. Everyone is different, and you can mourn the termination of a pregnancy without regretting it. If conducting a funeral helps with the healing process, it's their choice. If allowing the clinic to dispose of the remains in the way they do is what they want, that is THEIR DECISION, NOT YOURS.

That was my point to the discussion. Personally, I put no mystical reverence to human remains. I mourn what was. I don't see why you or your anti-choice cronies should be so fixated on what is none of your business. And before you or any of your extremist friends could gang up on me and say something ignorant like 'what if you were thrown in a dumpster' I made the statement that I find the whole process of funerals and embalming to be degrading and unnatural. We (as in our bodies after death) were intended to go back into the 'circle of life' so to speak. If you lose respect for me because of that, so be it.

You had a choice in how to deal with what happened to you. Allow others to have their choice, as well.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

Judged:

Brilliant wrote:
<quoted text>
This has been fun, but I am sure that everyone sees the CONTINUING pattern.
I'm ending it, and not going to comment. So you can see that I am trying.

“playtime...”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

Judged:

Big Sky wrote:
<quoted text>
Just letting you know how 'far out' there you sound with 'needing' someone to give you some document to prove to you that your kid...is real.
But, you don't get it still. Now, those tribes must have an 'event' or the little bugger isn't real.
What if I obtain documents falsely? If I have the document...it makes me really...them? Have you ever heard of 'false ID'?
No one has to give your proof that your child is real when you push them out of your vagina. No matter where you are, that event happens and it is called giving birth, it is the start of that life within this world and it is the first breath of air taken. The documents that you get for whatever country you live in is what gives that baby the legal rights and citizenship of that country. I'm not saying it has to be celebrated before it is real...how dumb is that? I do know that that little event will change your life forever...you can disagree how ever much you want in your little dream world. I think you're the one that doesn't get it.
just me

Teaneck, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

Judged:

just me wrote:
<quoted text>
A real live human being is in the womb from day one to the birth of it at age 9months.
If someone believes that it is not a human in there then how do you explain the fact that if the mother goes in labor at 21 weeks and delivers her child ...all of a sudden, it looks, acts and IS in fact a child because it came out of his/her womb......http://www.breitbart .com/article.php?id=D8ND737G0 &show_article=1
Please explain.
Lala honey? can I have that cricket sound again?

kthanks!
Brilliant

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

Judged:

just me wrote:
<quoted text>
A real live human being is in the womb from day one to the birth of it at age 9months.
If someone believes that it is not a human in there then how do you explain the fact that if the mother goes in labor at 21 weeks and delivers her child ...all of a sudden, it looks, acts and IS in fact a child because it came out of his/her womb......http://www.breitbart .com/article.php?id=D8ND737G0 &show_article=1
Please explain.
Sorry. There are no human beings in a mans womb. Or in "her" womb either.

Look up Human Being. Then pay close attention to the word BORN.

Maybe of you look it up and study hard, you will figure it out and learn something that will benefit you forever??

I would love to give you the answer, but it really doesn't matter. You are going to spew your nonsense, no matter how idiotic it is, and truth, facts, and reality, are not about to sway you from your mission.

So either look it up or not. I do not care if YOU choose to remain ignorant. I choose not to waste my time in pursuit of an argument with people who won't learn or face FACTS.

I DO hope you make the right CHOICE.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

Brilliant wrote:
<quoted text>Pssst (like RC is fond of saying) what no one ever said to YOU was that they shared a computer.
How would you know that??? You were not here....
I typed that me and Les shared a comp about three times when she came over. One of those times you were posting to both of us. I see her on average once every two weeks.
just me

Teaneck, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

Judged:

Brilliant wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe of you look it up and study hard, you will figure it out and learn something that will benefit you forever??
I would love to give you the answer, but it really doesn't matter. You are going to spew your nonsense, no matter how idiotic it is, and truth, facts, and reality, are not about to sway you from your mission.
So either look it up or not. I do not care if YOU choose to remain ignorant. I choose not to waste my time in pursuit of an argument with people who won't learn or face FACTS.
No answer....just as I expected.

{{yawn}}

NEXT...?
Brilliant

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

Judged:

Johnny13 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can explain it real easy. No one says that. That is what you think they are saying, because you don't understand. You obviously don't care about science, so it is weird that you would demand it, when you will just dismiss it anyway.
Exactly.

I have posted the MEDICAL link that explains the process that occurs during birth, that makes a fetus, a human being, and that flips the switch from dependant fetus to baby. Katie has posted it as well.

Why bother? They will deny that it has any validity, because it does not support the agenda of that little rocket scientist, planning the next mission to mars, from conception on, that screeches in horror and pain and while swimming furiously but futilely away, during an abortion....

“playtime...”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

Judged:

just me wrote:
<quoted text>
No answer....just as I expected.
{{yawn}}
NEXT...?
Next, you answer. If God cares so much about fetuses then why does he order the death of women, children, pregnant women, first born, etc. in the bible? Whey does he allow so many miscarriages to happen. If he is setting an example, he's not setting a very good one is he?

“Mind your own business”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

Judged:

Brilliant wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Nana, can you resend that email from "G"? I am getting ready to send my complaint to topix but I can't find that e-mail, and it says it all, LOLOLOL, thanks.

Chicky, are you smokin crack? ROFL I don't have the "email" but here is a link to everything about "G"

http://www.talksexwithsue.com/Gspot.html

If you want another source to verify the information, may I suggest:

http://www.divinecaroline.com/article/22081/5...

I have learned to make sure I do not use any unverified information.

Next time, share the good stuff !!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

NaughtyNana wrote:
<quoted text>
Chicky, are you smokin crack? ROFL I don't have the "email" but here is a link to everything about "G"
http://www.talksexwithsue.com/Gspot.html
If you want another source to verify the information, may I suggest:
http://www.divinecaroline.com/article/22081/5...
I have learned to make sure I do not use any unverified information.
Next time, share the good stuff !!
Oh for crying out loud Nana, I'm sorry. I thought something else. Someone is working their G with me and CP.

I'm sorry

Since: Jun 07

Santa Maria, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

Judged:

just me wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi STO,
see, now I am confused with you because you told me here in this post that you do not believe that the z/e/f is a human and here is your post to sue saying differently.
State the Obvious wrote:
<quoted text>No, she didn't.
She said a zef is human and that is why she advocates to illegalize abortion.
I agree, a zef is a human entity.
Now, I want her to take it a step further, and explain to me why SHE believes a zef signifies more than a dog or whatever example you want to use. She used "dog".
Is the zef "sacred", to her? Does she believe in reincarnation, and hopes to see a dead loved-one, again, someday? Does she base her beliefs in a Christian POV? What? Why?
If you are not curious, that's fine. I am. I want to know. If she doesn't want to tell me, she can speak for herself.
I gave her the option to refuse answering. I just want to see a post that clearly states, she is refusing to answer.
Hey just me,

I said that a zef is not a "human being", in answer to your question.

I said to Sue that I agree a zef is a "human entity".

I might have had 4 more siblings, but my mom had two miscarriages (one would have been twins) and one abortion.

If you asked my mother how many kids she's had, she wouldn't include those four, because they never "were". They were never infants, never children, never "babies". My mother doesn't mourn what never was.

They were her pregnancies, affecting her body -- nobody else's. She got the medical care that SHE needed. The only "human being" that was, then, and is, now, is my mom. There were no other "human beings" involved.

Hope that helps you understand my POV.

Since: Dec 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

Judged:

Wednesday July 9, 2008
PRIESTS UNDER SIEGE: THE MEDIA’S ROLE

March 22, 2002

Reports are surfacing that many Catholic priests are under siege in the wake of the sex abuse scandal in the Catholic Church. Catholic League president William Donohue commented on this phenomenon today:

“Virtually every priest I know is very angry over the sex abuse scandal in the Church. They are good men who would never commit or countenance evil acts against children or adolescents. But they also object, quite rightfully so, to feeling under siege. Take, for example, the instances cited today in the New York Post’s front-page story. Priests are being verbally attacked in public and are the object of invective. Similar stories have come to my attention.

“The media have an obligation to expose scandal, whether it be in the Catholic Church or in government. Most have acted responsibly. But some are actively feeding the problem. For example, in the ‘Page Six’ section of today’s New York Post, there is a vicious cartoon showing a priest in the confessional smoking a cigarette, with a bottle of booze next to him and his pants down around his ankles. On the other side of the screen is a boy who asks,‘Anything yuh wanna confess to me?’ Evidently, the New York Post hasn’t figured it out: the very problem of priests under siege it decries is a function, in part, of its own tolerance for Catholic-baiting.

“Speaking of cartoons, cagle.com lists hundreds of professional cartoons. The ones that depict Protestants, Jews and Muslims are mostly innocent jabs. The ones that depict gays are either innocuous or deride anti-gays. And then there’s Catholics. On the front page it lists a special section called ‘Pedophile.’ There are 18 cartoons of a sweeping nature condemning all priests.

“On September 11, 29 Muslims attacked the U.S. And the first thing out of every leader’s mouth was to admonish Americans not to blame all Muslims for the deeds of a few. Fine. But when it comes to a tiny minority of rotten priests, it’s okay to slam them all. Which only proves that anti-Catholicism is the nation’s biggest prejudice.”

Since: Dec 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

Judged:

source catholicleague.com

“DEATH IS COMING”

Since: Apr 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

“Have a beautiful day!”

Since: Jul 08

all over--military brat & wife

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

Brilliant wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a snip from an article *not* from an unbiased site, but all the sites (even in regular online newsites) seemed to be pretty biased one way or the other. I was looking for something more along the lines of just the court decision, but couldn't find it before the phone company starts working on our line.

Pro-Lifers Praise Ruling Allowing Statement on Abortion
Kaitlynn Riely
Correspondent

( CNSNews.com )- South Dakota may enforce a law that requires doctors to provide pregnant women with a written statement saying, "the abortion will terminate the life of a whole, separate, unique, living human being," a federal appeals court ruled last Friday.

In Planned Parenthood v. Rounds, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit voted 7-4 to strike down a 2005 preliminary injunction issued by the U.S. District Court for South Dakota.

The injunction had prevented a statute - requiring abortion providers to tell women, in writing, that an abortion would terminate the life of a "living human being" - from taking effect. The decision by the appeals court reversed the injunction and remanded it to the district court for further proceedings consistent with its opinion.

The lawsuit, filed by Planned Parenthood Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota, required the court to consider whether the definition of human being should include "the unborn human being during the entire embryonic and fetal ages from fertilization to full gestation."

South Dakota Gov. Mike Rounds and Attorney General Larry Long, representing the state, argued against Planned Parenthood in the suit, providing evidence that the embryo or fetus is "whole, separate, unique and living."

The court's ruling said, "Planned Parenthood submitted no evidence to oppose that conclusion."

The court cited a bioethicist's affidavit, submitted by Planned Parenthood, which stated that "to describe an embryo or fetus scientifically and factually, one would say that a living embryo or fetus in utero is a developing organism of the species Homo Sapiens which may become a self-sustaining member of the species if no organic or environmental evidence interrupts its gestation."

Kyle Holt, director of operations for South Dakota Right to Life, told Cybercast News Service that he was pleased with the court's decision.

"The Eighth Circuit Court's ruling is another significant pro-life victory in South Dakota," Holt said. "It sheds light on the ugly reality that abortion ends the life of a living, breathing human being. Women deserve to know the truth, and now they can."

Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) was disappointed by the decision. The organization said the South Dakota statute violates doctors' and patients' constitutional rights by interfering in the doctor-patient relationship.

http://www.crosswalk.com/news/11578547/

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

"from who else"
there is a vicious cartoon showing a priest in the confessional smoking a cigarette, with a bottle of booze next to him and his pants down around his ankles. On the other side of the screen is a boy who asks,‘Anything yuh wanna confess to me?’

now thats some funny stuff,too bad its so true

“Mind your own business”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

Judged:

Big Sky wrote:
<quoted text>
Big Sky: Yes...really, I do disagree. And I'm very disappointed with you.

OK, please feel free to disagree with me. Poor Choosie. I am sure he ran across that KKK site by accident.

“Serenity...”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

Judged:

R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>Oh for crying out loud Nana, I'm sorry. I thought something else. Someone is working their G with me and CP.
I'm sorry
Now I'm TOTALLY confused!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 86,241 - 86,260 of146,419
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

661 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min Aerobatty 216,241
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min BenAdam 679,155
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Gods R Delusions x Mine 511,590
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 min Toby 89,370
Remember there's always someone suffering mor t... 11 min kandikisses44 5
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 14 min PetesaKe 109,341
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 26 min RADEKT 250,251
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 1 hr zoelitchfieldx 215
•••
•••
•••