Birdies group

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#11670 Nov 30, 2013
Nora, my sister-in-law doesn't wear jewelry either, I thought every woman loved jewelry but evidently not. For us jewelry lovers it's unthinkable, what do you normally get her?
How is your Dad?

Where is everyone, we can't stop posting, our group will be back to normal one day, in the near future I hope!!

Location hidden

#11671 Dec 1, 2013
Sorry to be absent for a few days. I was worn out from shopping. I didn't want to go out at all on Black Friday, but Kohl's had deals on Men's clothing that my hubby needed for work. We spent over an hour and a half in line to check out from that one store. It was crazy. I did more shopping online for my Dad and hubby. I don't know what to get my nephews or brother-in-law.

I also went to the post office to return some items to ShopHQ. I have been on a bad streak with them lately. Two items I got recently had missing stones. I had some just poor quality stuff, too.

Nora, the color I got in that diamond ring was blue. It was gorgeous.

Location hidden

#11672 Dec 2, 2013
Mrs P., I did all of my shopping online for hubby and MIL plus myself. After hearing about what is going on at shopping malls with those teenagers "slamming people and knocking them unconscious, it if is not safe to go anywhere,lol!

What are you going to get your Mom this year for Christmas?

What did you send back to shopnbc? Was it the watch?

Location hidden

#11673 Dec 3, 2013
Nora, how is Broadway Babe doing? Has anyone heard from Bella, lately?

Location hidden

#11674 Dec 4, 2013
Good morning everyone! I have been decorating for Christmas. I have not finished my shopping at all, but I think my hubby and I are giving each other a gun safe.

Broadway Babe is doing great. She can not drive yet. Her SIL has cancer and is very ill.

I am thinking of doing all my shopping online. We got Dad an end table from Hammacher Schlemmer KU-83407. It has 4 open shelves to put stuff. I ordered a book on Copernicus for my BIL. Still don't know what to get my sister. So far I have two wall calendars for her. One called Yoga cats and another of Israel. Don't know what to give my stepson, but I bought him a Hawk calendar. He used to be a falconer. Maybe I'll give my sister a gift certificate for Lancome. She loves make up.
Shoppinggal

Chesaning, MI

#11676 Dec 5, 2013
Have been reading everyone's posts and am really glad to hear that BELLA is on the mend! God is good.

MRSPEACOCK I had to send a Sleeping Beauty turquoise ring back to ShopHQ. It was one of Michael V's and had a tiny hairline crack on one side of the stone. The mounting was paper thin too. They emailed me a UPS label to send it back. I agree with you, their stuff is getting on the junky side. I still am getting my best things on eBay.

I'm all decorated for Christmas. I finished putting my tree up yesterday. It all makes the house a lot more cheerier looking.

Location hidden

#11677 Dec 6, 2013
Shopping Gal, I am so glad to hear from you! Glad you are decorating and staying as upbeat as possible. I also had to send back a Michael V Sleeping Beauty piece. I bought a pretty expensive bracelet, but one stone fell out and the clasp wasn't secure. Normally, his stuff is better. Another piece I sent back had a scratch across the stone. I think they are rushing manufacturing to get stock in for holiday shopping. Quality is suffering.

Nora, I haven't put my decorations up yet. I have been shopping online pretty much every day since Thanksgiving. I want to buy as much online as possible, too. I am done with my niece and nephews, my Dad, my husband. However, I still need something for my BIL and more for my sister and Mom.

Mrs. Dolittle, so far for my Mom I have bought a Temptations set from QVC (bakeware) and a black spinel sparkle necklace. I don't know what else to get her. Maybe a cookbook or something to go with the bakeware?

I don't have a clue for my BIL. He had some tools on his wishlist. That's more my hubby's department. I don't know what type of jewelry to get my sister yet. I thought about a cross necklace.

Location hidden

#11678 Dec 6, 2013
Have any of you tried Stretch Pay? I used it for the first time last week. Does JTV send you email reminders about each month's payments like ShopHQ does?
Shoppinggal

Suttons Bay, MI

#11679 Dec 6, 2013
MRSPEACOCK....Yes, I think you are right about ShopHQ rushing to get merchandise for Christmas and quality is suffering. I really felt bad about having to send that ring back as the stone was such a beautiful color.
Does your Mom have pierced ears? Maybe a nice pair of black spinel earrings to go with the necklace would be nice for her.

I haven't tried any of Jtv's stretch pay. I don't know if they would send a monthly notice or not. Sometimes I don't even get a shipment notice from them. I know one time I ordered something from them and I already had the item for several days and got a shipping notification. That was funny.

Location hidden

#11680 Dec 6, 2013
Shoppinggal, I have had the same thing happen to me, one time I had already sent the item back to them when I received the "shipping notice".

Looks like we were right about them not giving any coupons this shopping season, I have been receiving 15-35% off coupons from a lot of the places I shop but not from KTV, they are just not giving out coupons, too bad because I would have shopped more with them if I had a coupon I could use when I wanted to and not when they wanted me to. I really need to quit shopping anyway and this just gives me motive to do so.:)

Location hidden

#11681 Dec 7, 2013
I have bought everything on line and more to buy. We got a big snow here and south and Dallas got freezing rain. It is frozen solid today. Wow! We have hunkered down inside. I'm not going out on icy roads.

I thought about buying from ShopHQ but they were always higher priced. Now it sounds like they are getting sloppy. I have stopped buying jewelry altogether. I have enough.

Shopping Gal, so glad to hear from you. Did you get that bracelet? Was it good?

I'm all rested and no headache! I know now it is stress. When I have duties for the family, I get tense. I am supposed to take Dad to the doctor and I need to relax and do it anyway. You know when they have dementia, they are so emotional. I just need not to react so much to that. But that's my Dad. It is hard not to revert back to being a daughter with him. I have to be his parent right now.

I bought a pair of boots for myself from Macy's. On line. At first I thought they didn't fit as I couldn't get the zipper up. But I tried them again and they did zip! Made my day. HA! They are Born Messina. So maybe I'll switch from jewelry to shoes! LOL

Location hidden

#11682 Dec 7, 2013
Nora, the weather sounds terrible, stay in and stay warm.
Did you ever find something for your sister?

I have being doing all of my shopping on line also, can't stand to be at a store and find something that I really want and cannot find the right size or color, it's much easier on line, and sometimes cheaper if you have a coupon and free shipping. Plus, I'm getting good at it (online shopping.) LOL

Location hidden

#11683 Dec 7, 2013
Copythat, I so agreed. Getting it delivered right to my door is wonderful! I still do not now what to get my sister! A Lancome gift? A book? Food?

It is still very cold here. Lots of churches are cancelling services for tomorrow and our Bible study is cancelled. We each will study at home.

Location hidden

#11684 Dec 7, 2013
Nora, as I read your list I thought Lancôme...what a great gift, a book also a great gift as I love to read, and then I came to the last one...FOOD...that's my fav!!! LOL Seriously any of the afore mentioned gifts would be great, especially the Lancôme, I know I would love to get a gift of Lancome.

Mrspeacock, when do you go back to have your tests, seems like it has been a while since I heard you mention going.

Mrsdolittle, my daughter and her family went camping this past week, I can't believe she loves it so, of course who wouldn't with the camper that they have, you can't really call it camping in one of those. lol It's definately not like camping out in a tent like we used to do.

Location hidden

#11685 Dec 9, 2013
Where is everyone?? I just did on line shopping for Christmas: a shirt, two books, and some other gifts. Hubby and I still want the gun safe.

I cancelled both my dad's doctor appt and my eye doctor check up. No sense in taking him for a well man check up. Lot of people are sick with respiratory viruses.

Just heard that school is called off again tomorrow! We went out today and the main road are fine, it is the side streets that are sheets of ice.
mrsdolittle

Marlinton, WV

#11686 Dec 9, 2013
Hi Nora, have no idea where everyone has gone. Mrs Peacock use to be a regular poster and she has not been posting very much lately and I MISS that!!

We have a very nice gun safe and we got it at Gander Moutnain a few years back. What kind are you looking at?

We did not go to church Sunday or go out today as the roads were still vey slick from the sleet and freezing ice.
Mrs_Poe

Morton Grove, IL

#11687 Dec 9, 2013
ZaZa's,
I have a formal observation with my boss this Friday. Friday the 13th. Please, please, I need all the positive prayer you can muster up. There is stuff going on with my boss and I that make me want to cry.....I guess it is never too late in a career to have trouble. It is just so new to me. Never had trouble in 22 years in my school district. Yeesh......

Location hidden

#11688 Dec 9, 2013
Hi Mrs. Dolittle, I understand not going in the icy roads. Freezing ice is the worst.

I've forgotten which kind of gun safe.

Oh Mrs. Poe, I'll keep you in my prayers. I can testify about it never being too late in a career to have trouble

Location hidden

#11689 Dec 10, 2013
Hi everybody. I had internet issues yesterday and today. Over the weekend, we were snowed in. It just snowed another 4 inches this morning. The weather is awful. These next 2 nights will be lows at 3 degrees!! I don't want to leave the house.

I am supposed to get blood drawn Thurs. Then, I am supposed to get a leg ultrasound next week. After that, I have to see the doctor on Dec 23. All this stuff stresses me out.

Meanwhile, I have slowly been decorating around the house. I still have stuff to buy. I will probably be out Christmas Eve still looking. Ugh!

Mrs. Poe, I will pray you have a good meeting with your boss.

Shopping Gal, I hope you are doing OK.

Nora, I am glad your headaches seem to have gone away.

Mrs. Dolittle, I don't want to leave the house in this weather either. Stay warm!
Mrs_Poe

Morton Grove, IL

#11690 Dec 10, 2013
Thanks, Nora and Mrs. Peacock. Prayer is a good thing. Nora, I am so happy to hear about your headaches going away. Mrs. Peacock, Good luck with your ultrasound. Man, our lovely ladies have had their challenges.....going to sleep.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min Rosa_Winkel 865,110
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min June VanDerMark 599,856
Pro Lifers Are The Same As liberals 1 min RiccardoFire 20
Ncole became a 'Jezebel'....but everything was ... 1 min Doctor REALITY 1
How about a grocery delivery service in Bryan/C... 1 min Anonymous 1
chat with demi lovato 112 (the real official de... (Jan '09) 1 min yeah 1,944
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 1 min Burke Devlin 221,994
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr ChristineM 2,014
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 6 hr Frannie 44
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) Fri sangili karuppan 7,502
More from around the web