Birdies group

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#11607 Nov 2, 2013
I'm so glad we heard from bella's husband.

Location hidden

#11608 Nov 3, 2013
Nora, me too, how are you feeling today?

Location hidden

#11609 Nov 3, 2013
How is everyone today? I have felt kind of yucky. Drainage!! No headache but tired and scratchy. Finally no headache.

Location hidden

#11610 Nov 3, 2013
Nora, I have had a headache all day. I guess it's my turn. I was outside a lot yesterday, so maybe that has something to do with it. My sinuses are stuffed.

I haven't heard anything new about Bella. Hope she is able to get home soon. I feel so bad about her situation.

Has anyone heard from Shopping Gal? I think I will email her now.

Location hidden

#11611 Nov 4, 2013
Grls, I feel kinda bad today also. I have been sneezing my ead off and my eyes hurt. This comes with the change in seaasons for me evey year.

Glad we heard from Bella's husband and that FINALLY she is able to keep food down and not feel too nauseaous. Praying she will be home shortly and back to her self, MISS her deeply!!

Mrs P., I heard from shoppinggal on Saturday and she is very lonely, I feel for her so.

Location hidden

#11612 Nov 4, 2013
Mrs. Dolittle, I wrote Shopping Gal, but haven't heard back. I understand she has to be going through the worst sadness of her life. I hope she knows we haven't forgotten about her even with what's going on with Bella. I hope she has family members to take care of her and talk to her.

It's weird that the leaves are just changing and they are still on the trees here. Normally, mid-October they change and come down by now. It's pretty, but hubby wants the leaves to come down so he can get them all cleaned up for the season, LOL!

Location hidden

#11613 Nov 4, 2013
I too have had an awful time with allergies, sneezing and my eyes are itching and running.

I know that this has been so hard for Shoppinggal, to be with someone that long and then be by yourself, my heart goes out to her, wish there was something I could do for her!! The upcoming holidays will be so hard for her.

I'm also glad we heard from Bella's husband and the news is getting better.

Mrsdolittle, are you at the lake?

Location hidden

#11614 Nov 5, 2013
Every day I think about Shopping Gal and say prayers for her. I feel so sad for her. Wish she didn't have to go through this!! The holidays will be hard. I guess if she can remember it is about love, giving and Jesus, it will help. The first Christmas after my ex-husband left me, I gave away my Christmas tree and some ornaments to a needy family. I just put up a table top tree. It is hard.

And Bella is getting better. Every day I pray for her too.

Yesterday I had a migraine! I kept treating it with sinus medicines and they had no effect. I kept feeling worse and worse. Then I realized it was a migraine!! I gathered up all my medicines and checked for interactions with the meds I was taking, too see if it was OK to take migraine medicine. It was, I took one and went to bed.

Today I have not had a headache! YAY! It is dark, misty, rainy and foggy here. I love it.

Location hidden

#11615 Nov 6, 2013
Nora, glad you didn't have a headache yesterday. The day you described makes me want to put up my Christmas tree and decorations, I am going to try to sneak my tree up this week end...I just LOVE Christmas!!!:))

Location hidden

#11616 Nov 7, 2013
Copythat, I wish I could get my decorations out early, too.

It's getting cooler this weekend. It may snow. I am not ready for snow, yet.

Has anyone heard from Shopping Gal? I wrote her last weekend. I hope she is OK. Still praying for her and Bella.

Location hidden

#11617 Nov 7, 2013
Mrspeacock, these Hallmark Christmas movies are making me want to put up all kinds of decorations, but the only thing I might be able to get away with this early would be my tree, I can put it in a corner and no one has to know that the crazy lady has her tree up. LOL:))

Location hidden

#11618 Nov 7, 2013
Copycat, We are going to the lake this weekend and stay thru the following weekend. We will close the travel trailer up then and winterize it as we will not be going back until Spring.

I heard from shoppinggal today and it is hard on her to say the least. She only has one of her stepsons that live near her to help out.

Amy and copycat, I say go for it if you want to put up your trees. I way whatever makes you happy do it because we as women spend a lifetime trying to always please others and we leave ourselves last. It is high time we came fist,lol!!

Just so happy Bella is doing better and as that really cheers my heart :)))

Location hidden

#11619 Nov 7, 2013
I agree Mrsdolittle, life is too short to not put my tree when I want to, if it makes me happy, then I should do it.:))

Location hidden

#11620 Nov 8, 2013
I have a new Christmas tree in the box upstairs to use. I look forward to it. Yes, I agree with Mrs. Dolittle, if you are ready to have your tree up then go for it! I bought a Christmas ornament that has an australian red heeler like mine. I have one for each dog.

I am thrilled for Bella! I hope the rehab helps her. She has home to look forward too.

Broadway Babe had her surgery on Weds. Her computer broke down and I haven't heard from her. But she'll be in the hospital a while and busy after she gets home.

Talked with Shopping Gal a bit. She's mourning and isn't ready to post yet. I understand. She says she had an upper respiratory illness as he passed and then was sick from that. So it all hasn't sunk in yet. Such a roller coaster of feelings she must be having!

I'm still having headaches now and then. Things are getting better. I think when the weather changes so do my headaches. We took the dogs to the vet for checkups and I got a headache.

But back to Christmas! I love Christmas! We are making some changes to Thanksgiving: a turkey breast instead of a stuffed turkey, Cranberry Salad, yams, french cut green beans with almonds.
Less difficult to cook. And then decorate for Christmas. I love the lights. Some neighbors north of us hire people to come in and put up their lights and they did it Weds.

We are all older in my family so we are thinking of gifts of foods, colognes, books and smaller priced but useful things.

Location hidden

#11621 Nov 8, 2013
Nora, you are making me hungry!! My mom switched to turkey breast last year. It was more convenient for her, too. She even cooked it a little early, had it sliced and put it in some broth to keep moist. Then, she warmed it back up in the oven as the rolls and sides were finishing up Less cleanup than with the big turkey.

I thought Broadway Babe's surgery was not going to happen because of an insurance issue. I am glad it got done. She will need a lot of rehab, but I am sure she will feel better later.

I heard back from Shopping Gal, too. I feel for her, and I hope she knows we all miss her and care for her.

Copythat, you get that tree up for me. Since I can't drag mine out of the basement alone, my hubby trumps my vote. I can wait a couple weeks. I still want to start getting my other items ready.

Location hidden

#11622 Nov 8, 2013
We have had turkey breast for years, we cook ours in a crock put with cream of chicken soup and celery in it. It falls apart but it is so delicious and tender and stays juicy. Our son also fries a turkey...YUUUUUM so good!!!

So glad to know that Broadway Babe's surgery is over, I too thought that there was a concern that it wouldn't happen because of insurance.

We have a lot to be praying for, but so glad that we have each other to pray for one another!!!
Mrs_Poe

Niles, IL

#11623 Nov 10, 2013
Ladies,
I just wanted to let you know how sweet I think all of you are. What a splendid bunch of folks...

Location hidden

#11624 Nov 10, 2013
Mrs. Poe, I feel the same thing! I just wish we lived in the same town!

Location hidden

#11625 Nov 11, 2013
Mrs. Poe, you are totally correct. We are a caring group of friends here. I am very grateful for you all.

If anyone is a fan of Chuck C's jewelry at ShopHQ, there are some crazy deals on exotic gemstone stack rings. There are 2 different styles, and both have the offer of buy 1 get the 2nd for $10. The item numbers are 130-227 and 132-900. You can do the offers multiple times, as long as you buy in pairs. So, I can get 4 rings but pay $99 each for 2 and $10 ea for the other 2. Great deal. He uses nice quality gemstones.

Location hidden

#11626 Nov 11, 2013
Broadway Babe is home from the hospital. She says, "Here is the advice I’m giving everyone: if anybody tells you that having a total hip replacement is preferable to 2 weeks in Hawaii, this is not true." Boy is that ever the truth. But it beats being lame from a bad hip.

I'll have t check out Chuck's rings.

A friend of mine got to go to Moorea which is an island near Tahiti. They are going to buy me some Tahitian pearl earrings and bring them home for me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 min Annaleigh 106,505
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 2 min Johnny 805
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min karl44 63,978
You are of your father......THE DEVIL. 25 min Doctor REALITY 23
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 47 min Gabriel 973,788
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 45,237
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 281,866
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Steve III 653,989
More from around the web