Birdies group

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#11363 Sep 11, 2013
Mrs.Peacock and Copythat,
Thanks again for the prayers. The pressure sore on my heel is much better today.

CopyThat,
Sorry to hear you hubby is having a problem. Is the congestive issue a new diagnosis? My prayers are with your family.

It is hot here too. I feel it us so stupid they make Kids start school even before Labor Day - when it is still this hot after Labor Day!

Location hidden

#11364 Sep 11, 2013
Thanks for your concern, no this is something he has had for a few years, it just gets worse every once in a while, especially when he is having trouble with allergies, it was really bad this time, the last time his he had a spell, his med dr said that he felt that his heart had enlarged and wanted him to go to his heart dr but he didn't, all the heart dr wants to do is add multiple meds to what he is already taking and you have to be careful with him as some meds he reacts to VERY badly, differently that most people. His med dr put him on something for his high triglycerides and he had a very bad reaction to it, we thought for a while he was going to die. Life around here is ALWAYS exciting.:)

It is very hot and humid here too, will be glad when it cools down a little, hubby feels better in cooler weather, he breathes better.

Bella, SO GLAD that you are doing better, makes me feel a LOT better.:))

Location hidden

#11365 Sep 11, 2013
Copythat, I feel the allergies making it hard for me to breathe, too. I have been coughing and stuffy for a couple weeks. When all that stuff in my head drains into my throat and chest, I have an awful time coughing it up. It's gross and I wheeze. Yucky! The humidity makes it 10 times worse because the air is so heavy. I feel your hubby's difficulty in that regard.

Bella, glad the sore foot is feeling better :). I don't know why all the different school districts start at different times. My nephews didn't start until after Labor Day, however, their older sister started a week and a half earlier for her school.

Location hidden

#11366 Sep 11, 2013
Copythat, I am sorry your husband has congestive heart failure. My mom lived with it for 15 years. She just refused to eat right.

Bella, I'm glad your foot is better today.

Unfortunately, I'm continuing to have a headache. I went to bed with it, woke with it, and it has continued tonight. We want to wait until allergy season is over until I seek treatment but maybe I shouldn't.

Dad is doing OK. He is bothered by allergies too. He has congestive heart failure too. The doctor gives him Lasix to help his heart work.

I took Dad to a luncheon today. He enjoyed it. I got my headache to subside with two Tramadol. When I walked with him to the car, it came right back. Motion seems to trigger it! So weird.
Mrs_Poe

Niles, IL

#11367 Sep 11, 2013
Copythat,
Thinking of you and your husband, and add him to my prayers. I too, did not know he had congestive heart problems. I guess I would be redundant saying what the other ladies have said. I hope your husband is a cooperative one. I sometimes think men are real babies, and do not do what they should where their health is concerned...

Bella,
PRAYERS AND HEALING THOUGHTS.....

gonna go chill. Pooped...

Location hidden

#11368 Sep 12, 2013
Nora, those headaches are terrible. I hope it goes away soon. I have had the same thing happen. I had a migraine, took something and laid still for a while. Started to feel better, but as soon as I moved, it hurt all over again. I can't do anything with a migraine except try to sleep in a dark, quiet space and hope it goes away. If you have a headache for a week or more, I would have it checked. Maybe it is nerves in your neck/back of the head being pinched?

Mrs. Poe, I hope you have good kiddies this year in your classes that don't give you too much trouble.

Location hidden

#11369 Sep 12, 2013
I woke wth a bad migraine! Got up and ate breakfast then took an allergy pill and migraine pill. I slept for 2 hours and got up feeling better. I'm not going to do much today. The headaches started on Sept.4th. Every single day since then.

The pollen count here is very high. I think that is why I have such bad headaches. We haven't had any rain since Aug. 16.

Location hidden

#11370 Sep 12, 2013
Nora, allergies are really bad here, too. No rain until today. We haven't had any significant rain since the very beginning of July. A little drizzle today....probably less than 0.10 inch.

I went to see my Dr. He didn't get on me too bad about my weight. However, he is telling me that if I don't lose enough, I will probably not be able to get off the blood thinners. He thinks it would be too risky. I don't like being on meds, so I want to lose the weight for once. I haven't lost but 12 pounds all year. I have to see him in 3 months for more tests on my legs to see if the clots are still there. If no clots and my weight is down enough, I can go off the drugs. Yeah.

The diet restrictions on the meds make it harder to lose weight. I can't eat salads and most green veggies. I am supposed to avoid oily fish and even olive oil. I am going to have to cheat a little and incorporate some of these to lose weight.

Location hidden

#11371 Sep 13, 2013
Bella, I wrote you an email yesterday. Hope you are OK.

Location hidden

#11372 Sep 13, 2013
Where is everyone today? I was scouring KTV's website for new items. They are re-making some of the old gold and diamond rings. I saw the diamond "pillow" ring, Big Blue (the huge blue diamond ring), mocha diamond pendants I haven't seen in years. I am glad to see gold coming back.

Location hidden

#11373 Sep 13, 2013
Mrspeacock, today is my grandson's 14 th. birthday so we have been busy with him almost all day, it seems like only yesterday he was a little one, time really does fly!!!
I too have noticed that they are remaking some of the old styles, the champagne and white buckle ring is back on the site, it's $630 now, wasn't it $499 before?? Glad to see them doing this, hope the diamonds are worth the higher price tag.

Location hidden

#11374 Sep 14, 2013
Copythat, I had a friends' daughter's birthday yesterday, too. How eerie to have a birthday on Fri. the 13th.

I did see the buckle, too. I am glad they are trying to bring back some rings from the past. I am sure they will be more money, but if the quality is there, it would be worth it. They are still much lower than retail.

Location hidden

#11375 Sep 14, 2013
That's very true Mrspeacock, I wouldn't mind the higher prices if the quality was there, and not the rock salt that seems to be so prevalent these days!!

Both of my grandson's are into hunting, their Dad carried them today, it was the opening day of bow hunting and my 16 year old grandson got his first deer, I am proud for him, but hunting just wasn't my husbands thing, mine either, but our son and both grandson's are into it, so is my daughter in law, but not me, just couldn't do it!!!

My grand son was born at 9:12 pm on 9/13, how old is your friend's daughter?

I bet that Mrsdolittle is at the lake, I think she said she was going this week.

Bella, how is your leg, is it still getting better??

Location hidden

#11376 Sep 14, 2013
CopyThat,
This week has seen some progress and a few setbacks for me. The second change in the second of my two antibiotics still has not cleared up the new low grade infection. The wound clinic had an opening so I went back there Thursday. They provided some new leg wrapping techniques. In addition to the zinc patches, they put a wound dressing with silver as an anti bacterial in the places on my leg. Unfortunately by 6pm I had a severe allergic reaction to the silver. My leg looked like raw hamburger meat.:-(. Fortunately after the removal of the silver stuff the allergic reaction abated. It has been discouraging and frustrating to say the least. I just have not felt line talking about it. I still can only get out to go to the doctor and church and to get my hair done.. I am sleeping better.

Location hidden

#11377 Sep 14, 2013
Bella, so SORRY to hear of the setback, so how is the place now that had the silver applied to it? Glad that the reaction stopped after the application of silver was removed and that you are sleeping, that is some consolation, you are in my thoughts and prayers, I hope this coming week will be one of great changes, for the better!!!

Location hidden

#11378 Sep 14, 2013
Oh Bella! That is just terrible!! I'm so sorry to read that your skin was like raw hamburger! Silver caused that???!! Wow.

And Copythat,I hope your husband is doing better. Allergies & heart conditions don't mix!

Both of you will be in my prayers.

Location hidden

#11379 Sep 14, 2013
Nora, he is dong better but he still needs your prayers and they are greatly appreciated!!!

Location hidden

#11380 Sep 14, 2013
Sorry Nora, mean to ask how your headaches are doing and how is your Dad?

Location hidden

#11381 Sep 15, 2013
Whew. Chuck has some nice diamond rings today. I didn't buy anything, but I took some notes for when the holidays get closer. His Top Value ring for the day is gorgeous! Love those colored baguettes.

Nora, I hope your headaches have abated some.

Bella, hope you are feeling better, also :).

Copythat, my friend's daughter just turned 20 on the 13th. I am not much for hunting, but it is a necessary thing to keep the population in check. I have some uncles really into that.

Location hidden

#11382 Sep 16, 2013
Mrspeacock, that Top value really was pretty, I like that it was in 14k and the stones looked like they were pretty nice too, I still want that green diamond ring that is in silver, I think that you and someone else has it is it Shoppingal?

His Dad told him that they would hunt until their freezer was full and until an elderly lady at church had as much as she could use, then they wouldn't get anymore this year, even if they haven't taken their limit, I personally don't eat deer meat very much and my husband won't eat it at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min NICK 79,511
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Dang Jersey Piney 995,744
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr KENTUCKY CATHOLIC 701,419
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr Dang Jersey Piney 448,363
Arsonist strikes @ Little Rock Pregnancy Planni... 5 hr Cowards 2
The Last TRUMP (Donald Trump) Of God 5 hr Prophecy 1
Trump Jr met with a CONVICTED PEDOPHILE during ... 6 hr Doctor REALITY 7