Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Mrs. Dolittle, I like your version of camping. I am not one for tents and no bathrooms, either. You even have TV and a/c!! Amazing. Sounds wonderful.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Oh Mrs. Dolittle! That sounds GREAT!!!! We will have to buy a camper some time!!! There is also no way I would camp in a tent!!

I hope all is well with everyone! So glad to hear you slept in the cool, Mrs. Peacock.

I've been busy working up a new budget with hubby's retirement. Discovered we were spending up to $400 a month on cell phones and internet, DirecTV and home phone. YIkES!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Mrsdolittle, glad that you enjoyed your "camping" adventure, my daughter loves hers! I will have to admit that if I go camping, that is the way to go, the one and only time I ever went camping in a tent I was 6 months pregnant with my daughter and it was over the Fourth of July holiday, I was miserable, I said never again!! lol I discovered that I was NOT the rugged outdoorsy type:))

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

How do you all have your carpets cleaned? I called Stanley Steemer and they told us today between 1 and 4. Well we waited until SIX and I gave up and cancelled them. The carpet wouldn't be dry enough to put the dog beds back down for bed time. I rescheduled them for Thursday at 8 a.m. I hate that too.

I want to buy my own carpet cleaner and just do it myself.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

CopyThat,
I am not the sleep in a tent on the ground type either.:-). I would have to do the nice camper type living with a bed and a TV like Mrs. Dolittle.

Mrs.Dolittle,
Sounds like you are having a great time at the lake. I am so happy for you.:-)

Nora,
We rent a nice carpet cleaner and clean the carpets.

Mrs.Peacock,
Thanks for the heads up about the 15% off. I bought PTH 126 with it. Did anyone else get anything?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Bella, that pendant is gorgeous!! I saw it on TV. Large and green and looks like the holidays :).

I bought a ruby ring, also thinking of the holidays, CEM025. I hope it's nice.

It's 94 and climbing here today, and SOUPY humid. I hope it rains to lessen the humidity. Whew!!

Do any of you have a Soda Stream? Do you like it?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Mrs. Peacock,
What is a soda stream?:-)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Nora, When I did have carpets I had my own carpet cleaner machine and I used that.

Mrs Peacock, I have seen the soda machines advertised and had an inkling to buy one but never did. I drink so much pop everyday that it gets heavy carrying those 2 liters bottles home and carrying then into the house. Let me know what you find out about them.

Bella and copycat, I love the camping idea now that I have everything there that I have at home. I especially liked getting out on the lake and riding in the boat all around. They even have restaurants right on the lake where you pull up to the dock and walk in. The travel trailer is just ike a minature house with all the comforts.

Nice pendant Bella and Mrs P.that is a nice ruby ring. You girls have very good taste :))) I love all jewelry it seems,lol! My last purchase was the opal necklace.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Trust me Mrsdolittle, camping in a tent in our heat and humidity in July was for the birds. LOL Give me a travel trailer anyday!!! We are looking to possibly buy a small travel trailer or one you drive, it doesn't have to be big as we wouldn't be going without our daughter and her family, hers is a 32 or 34 foot so it is large, I just prefer to have my own.

Mrspeacock, I too have been looking at the soda stream, I have been reading the reviews and it seems that either you love it or hate it, so let me know if you get one, it would save space and money, if it tastes like the "name" brand soda.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Bella, the Soda Stream is a system to make your own soda and sparkling water at home.

I don't think I will get the soda stream. I am so loyal to certain brands of pop/soda that I don't think theirs will taste like the "real thing". My hubby doesn't think it will be convenient to keep trading in and buying the CO2 canisters for it. I guess that could be a pain.

I wish I knew more about the flavorings they use. I hear it's sugar free, so I guess it uses Splenda or Aspartame to sweeten. I don't know about caffeine content. I try to not have much caffeine, so that would be important to me. I only drink one caffeinated beverage a day and early in the day.

Mrs Dolittle, I love boats, and I bet it would be neat to drive up to a restaurant.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Michael V is on ShopNBC with lots of Sleeping Beauty Turquoise including the TTV stud earrings. His turquoise is deep blue and pristine....no matrix.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

copycat, our travel trailer is 32 feet long and also has two slideouts that make the bedroom and the living room wider. I hope you all get one as they are just so nice to stay in.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Mrsdolittle, we are looking, we thought the late fall or winter would be a good time as alot of people buy in the summer and don't enjoy as much as they thought they would and sell at those times, just a matter of waiting.:) My daughter's has one slid out and those things really make a difference in the amount of room you have, my brother also has a really large motor home, it has 2 slide outs, he loves it, his wife would rather stay in a motel.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Stanley Steemer came today and the carpets just look wonderful! So I have abandoned all thoughts of "doing it myself."

Mrs. Dolittle, do you have a particular brand of RV? How wonderful!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Nora, Our travel trailer is a Palomino Puma.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Mrs.Dolittle,
WOW!!! That is a really nice trailer.,,no wonder you enjoy it so much.:-)

Nora,
Nothing like nice clean carpets.

Ladies.... I mailed date correction for the 15% coupon. It is different from the 10% one.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Bella, got it, THANKS!!! How's your leg doing?

Nora, so glad that you were pleased with Stanley Steemer, steam cleaning carpets isn't a fun job, better to let someone else do it, if the price is right. I had a friend who owned a carpet cleaning business and she said not to use the cleaner that comes with the machines at the store, it attracts dirt so you have to clean you carpets a lot sooner than you had planned. Her advice was to use Woolite, that it did a really good job of cleaning and didn't attract dirt like the rental cleaning solution does.

Mrspeacock, did you buy anything from Michael?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

That RV is perfect. What we'd love. Enjoy!!!
Did you get it new or pre-owned.

Yes our carpets look just perfect now. The carpet layer told us never to let Stanley Steemer put protector on it so we don't.

Bella, that pendant is gorgeous. Wow. 13+ carats! So is your ring, Mrs. Peacock.
Mrs_Poe

Morton Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Hi Ladies,
I just got my gold bead bracelet that I won on EBay. It is lovely and cost just a bit over scrap gold. How can ya beat it? I have managed to find pawners who get rid of their stuff on EBay, and I realize that almost all my wins are from Pawners. They are the best. For those of you who like to use EBay, most of the pawners have really good prices. There are some in really ritzy communities that mark up their prices, but they are rare. So if you see a pawner selling on EBay, look carefully!

I am already tired from teaching, but the kids are adorable. It is just that there is a shit load of responsibilities that have nothing to do with teaching. My district is so into technology that it is almost silly, because they keep changing to the latest trend. I feel like I am trying to catch a speeding train. It makes me weary, because it all has so little to do with the children. Oh well. I have to try and keep my spirits up.
The nature of learning is changing drastically.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Mrs.Poe,
Sounds like you have bought some beautiful jewelry in EBay.:-)'
Mrs.Poe,
Our schools are the same disaster. They have every child a tablet. They lose time during school fiddling with the darn things. Time teachers could really use to teach.
Has anyone bought anything with the JTV Coupon?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 11,141 - 11,160 of11,682
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

348 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 7 min bmz 36,393
Penis Size 9 min The Rogue 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min It aint necessarily so 716,430
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 41 min petesake 114,618
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 44 min Buck Crick 223,169
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 46 min River Tam 598,743
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 1 hr Gabric 62
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr truth 529,972
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 255,692