Comments
11,121 - 11,140 of 11,681 Comments Last updated May 15, 2014

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#11279 Aug 23, 2013
Mrs. Peacock, Thank you! I hope Dad will be comforted somehow.

Maybe your AC has a bad capacitor. My husband installed one and that did the trick.

Location hidden

#11280 Aug 24, 2013
Nora, that is what we hope it is. We ordered a new capacitor online. I hope it come today. If that fixes it, that would be wonderful.

I love the TBV earrings, but I feel guilty if I shop now because of the stuff breaking down in the house. Someone in our group here has to order them so I can hear how nice they are when they come.

Location hidden

#11281 Aug 24, 2013
I watched the diamond show with Jenn and the one with Misty saw nothing that I needed. I have to stop buying now.

My husband has officially decided to stop working. In Sept. he wil be 73 and I will 62. I haven't decided if I should take social securiy or wait until I'm 66. But he will stop doing consulting. So now that I've got all the credit cards paid off, no more jewelry.

I went through files of the things I've sold on Ebay. I found receipts for 14KT gold chains for only $29!!!! Good grief! 2006 is a world away from now in jewelry.

Location hidden

#11282 Aug 24, 2013
The part for the air conditioner came today, and it was the problem after all!!! Even though it wasn't bulging out, the capacitor had to be bad because the new one made the compressor kick in again. Yay!!! I hope it holds out at least the rest of this year.

Nora, I guess your hubby will get Soc. Security when he retires? If so, you can probably wait so you get more money when you do get it. It's up to you though. My hubby can't get it till 67 because of the new rules.

I didn't get to watch much of the diamond shows. I saw a lot of morganite pieces. Love it still. I have to stop myself from buying more pieces because I love that blush pink color---then I remember the earrings, pendants and rings I have already.

Location hidden

#11283 Aug 24, 2013
My hubby is already getting social security and I can get mine next month if I want.
Mrs_Poe

Morton Grove, IL

#11284 Aug 25, 2013
Mrs_Poe

Morton Grove, IL

#11285 Aug 25, 2013
Hi ladies,
Just posted a tricolor bead bracelet I won on Ebay. Picture is too small. It's just little tri color beads, but nine grams of gold, so they should be substantial. I told myself I would not buy anything. I lasted one month. Of course, now that I am working, I guess I feel there is more moolah coming in....

Nora, I am so busy testing kids for English needs that I have not even started teaching yet. Hopefully, the little ones are nice, and there will not be any severe behavior problems...
Mrs_Poe

Morton Grove, IL

#11286 Aug 25, 2013
This is what I want next, if it is still around in a month or so...

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/14K-GOLD-VICTORIAN-ROU... $(KGrHqFHJBkFH)yUIO9wBSFQjU3rU w~~60_57.JPGAm

Am I bad, or what...
Mrs_Poe

Morton Grove, IL

#11287 Aug 25, 2013
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/14K-GOLD-VICTORIAN-ROU... $(KGrHqFHJBkFH)yUIO9wBSFQjU3rU w~~60_57.JPG

trying again. I linked wrong...
Mrs_Poe

Morton Grove, IL

#11288 Aug 25, 2013
nope....not right...
Mrs_Poe

Morton Grove, IL

#11289 Aug 25, 2013
Mrs_Poe

Morton Grove, IL

#11290 Aug 25, 2013
Night. Night. Now I posted the wrong picture. That is a rolling ring I won some time ago....
Mrs_Poe

Morton Grove, IL

#11291 Aug 25, 2013
Mrs_Poe

Morton Grove, IL

#11292 Aug 25, 2013
that is it....Now, nite, nite

Location hidden

#11293 Aug 25, 2013
Mrs. Poe. I am sure anything you buy on ebay is a great deal. No need to feel so guilty. You work hard, too.

Nora, I am glad your hubby will be retiring soon. I hope you will get to do more together now that he will be around more. I know you probably can't travel a lot because of your Dad, but I am sure you can have fun close to home.

Location hidden

#11294 Aug 25, 2013
Mrs.Poe,
That is a lovely multicolored bead bracelet that you want to eBay. I'm sure it will look spectacular on your wrist. You sure find some lovely stuff on eBay.:-). I hope you have a good class of kids this year in school.

Nora,
I know your hubby is looking forward to retirement. You will be able to take time to to do things you have been looking forward to. I will be able to get SS soon too.

Mrs.Peacock,
Yaayyyy! I am so happy the capacitor fixed the AC! I hope you have a much deserved cool night.:-)

Location hidden

#11295 Aug 26, 2013
Yay! It was nice and cool last night in my bedroom.

Bella, now I won't need the portable one I ordered. It will come today, and I don't know how I will be able to get it into the house at 95 pounds. It's good to have a backup in case this happens again, though. We will hook it up and try it to make sure it works, at least. It's too heavy to send back.

Location hidden

#11296 Aug 26, 2013
Hi Ladies :))) Sorry I have not posted for some time but we just got back from the lake last night. I had a wonderful time this past week riding in the boat and going out to eat. Our camper has all the benefits of home including central air. We have one tv in the living room and one in the bedroom so hubby and I can watch what we want. MY MIL said this was not even remotely like camping as we were living like at home,lol. She said when they use to camp it was with a tent and cooking outdoors and no bathroom. No way would I go for that! The doggies loved it and it was good to get away to a different atmosphere even though living where I do is so peaceful and tranquil. Never thought I would this way again about going to the lake and staying but it so exhilarating.

I have not even had a chance to think about jewelry as of lately. Maybe this winter when I finally am at home I will get back into the swing of shopping again.
Mrs_Poe

Morton Grove, IL

#11297 Aug 26, 2013
Mrs. Dolittle,
Your vacation sounds fabulous. It is always great to have a total change of pace. I would not like real camping either. Exhilarating is a great word to describe your time. Fabulous!

Location hidden

#11298 Aug 26, 2013
Mrs. Dolittle, I like your version of camping. I am not one for tents and no bathrooms, either. You even have TV and a/c!! Amazing. Sounds wonderful.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 min stephania 600,362
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Huh 734,186
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 3 min MUQ1 36,770
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min Dr_Zorderz 258,259
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min superwilly 226,601
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min KayMarie 539,674
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 22 min Liam R 441,231
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••