Birdies group

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#11258 Aug 18, 2013
Nora, I don't know the name of the drug he had, but it didn't agree with him at all. The doctor said he would use the knock out type next time, no matter what the insurance co. says. They took out the polyps and sent them for examination. I hope that's the end of it for a while.

I would have used that 15% off the other day if it worked on clearance. Yesterday, the $15 dollar one DID work on anything, but it wasn't enough. Why are they so inconsistent on what you can use the coupon to buy? If they all worked on anything, I would shop a lot more.

I saw a lot of nice Moissanite yesterday. Did you see the canary?

Location hidden

#11259 Aug 18, 2013
Mrspeacock, I am having to restrain myself from buying the big canary ...OH MY it is SOOO beautiful!! If I had a good coupon now that I have seen it I would buy it.
So sorry for your Dad and what he had to go thru, bet the Dr won't have an easy time of talking him into another colonoscopy.

Bella, they showed your knuckle dragger ring yesterday, that is one honking ring!! Did you get anything?
Mrs_Poe

Niles, IL

#11260 Aug 18, 2013
Hi Ladies,
Lots of news to catch up on.

Nora and Mrs. Peacock,
Both of you had troubles with your daddies. You guys have had your hands full. So many issues. I have never heard of being totally awake during a colonoscopy. Geez. I cannot imagine. I hope both dads are ok. Mine has been dead over 40 years. He was a young man when he died.

Mrs. Dolittle,
You sound like you have been having some fun. That is always a good thing.

Bella,
Your health seems to be on the mend finally. Just keep it up. Good luck.

Copythat,
I am so happy for you and your husband. It is so good to hear good. What a relief!

Well, back to work tomorrow. Yeesh...Here I go again....

Location hidden

#11261 Aug 18, 2013
Oh Mrs. Poe, It is hard to believe your summer break is already over!!!

I'm going to keep up my gardening and cleaning out my upstairs rooms. I am making progress. I put 6 bags of mulch down yesterday. Then I showered and worked on the closet.

Today I didn't go to Bible class as they were going to a class in another city. But I studied by myself. I'm studying about the Tabernacle.

Bella, I'm so glad you are getting better. Finally!!

Location hidden

#11262 Aug 19, 2013
Mrs. Poe. Good luck today on your new school year. It does seem earlier and earlier that school starts every year. I hope you have fun with all the young ones. Thanks for asking about my Dad. He is OK for now. Has yet to find out about the pathology report.

Nora, you go girl! It sounds like you are doing lots of clean up and yard work. I really need to clean out my closets, but I know it will be a monumental task. I keep putting it off.

Copythat, that big canary moissanite is stunning. I wish CW would make a smaller, more affordable version of the radiant cuts. My Dad will not enjoy having another colonoscopy, you are right about that.

Location hidden

#11264 Aug 20, 2013
Does anyone else have well water??? I am having a heck of a time getting my shower clean, I am setting here with a Clorox "high" from spraying it but it does very little to clean it, at least I know it has been sanitized. lol
If anyone else has well water, pleas feel free to pass along some cleaning tips. I have tried everything I can think of but it still looks dirty.

How is everyone today??

MrsPoe thinking of you, I don't envy you at all. The parents need to be thankful I am not the teacher, the children all would probably be bald.lol:)

Have to go and rinse the shower.

Location hidden

#11265 Aug 20, 2013
Where is everyone? I have a perfect excuse for my absence today....QVC Christmas shows all day :). I do love to see their cute items.

Copythat, don't have well water, so I can't help you there. I used steamers, all types of cleaners and scrubbing a ton. Nothing gets everything clean in my shower either. It's old and ground in there, I guess.

Ladies, check in so we know what's going on with you all. It gets too quiet here sometimes :(.

Location hidden

#11266 Aug 21, 2013
Mrspeacock, I saw that QVC had Christmas on yesterday, I should have know that is where you were. I have been wondering the same thing, it gets very lonesome when no one is posting, guess I don't have much of a life. LOL:)
The foam Clorox worked very well, I had never used it before but I will keep it now, the shower doesn't look new again, but it does look much better!!
Mrs_Poe

Niles, IL

#11267 Aug 21, 2013
Copythat,
I also have a tub/shower that always has a ring around it, and it has been remodeled only six years ago. I get the feeling it is cheap material. I really do not know, but it is not the pretty porcelain like I had growing up. I will try the Clorox foam! Yep, teaching is rough, and now we have to learn a whole computer communication system...blogs, discussion groups, online assignments, hyperlinks,....I need more of a tech background than I have. It sounds interesting if it doesn't kill me first. The kids are the least of what I do. It is crazy. At least they are very sweet. Unlike the junior high punks I used to have. I have promised myself to take more sick days if I experience bad burn out....more importantly, is that your husband is ok. That is what is really important in life. If you have your health, the rest works itself out.

Mrs. Peacock,
Thanks for the well wishes! I need them.

Nora,
Yes, I am back working. In a week or two, it will feel like my vacation was years ago!! I have not started taking my kids yet. I am still organizing times to take them, cause they are pulled from their regular classes so that I can teach them English....Nice to hear from you!!

Location hidden

#11268 Aug 22, 2013
MrsPoe, there is no way I could handle all of the tech stuff you have to do now to be a teacher. I used to sub sometimes at the school where my kids went, the school tried to get me to take a permanent sub job, but once or twice a year was enough for me. LOL
Good Luck in this school year, hope it's a good one for you!! Also hope the Clorox foam works for you, it did a better job than I had anticipated for me. We bought it to clean the nasty rental house, did a really good job there so I thought I would try it on my shower, of course you have to be careful and make sure you have good ventilation.

Bella, how are your fall injuries doing?? Hope you aren't as black and blue as you were.

Location hidden

#11269 Aug 22, 2013
Ladies, I am sweating. The A/C gave out in the house again yesterday. Last night was a nightmare. It's going to be in the 90's again next week. It's late in the season, so hubby doesn't want to get it fixed again. No guarantees that it would stay fixed since we had it worked on twice last year. So, I am looking into buying a portable A/C unit. Do any of you own one? How does it work? Does it cool?

I sure hope we can find something to get through the next few weeks.

Location hidden

#11270 Aug 22, 2013
Mrspeacock, we have had one in our bathroom window since hubby had his gallbladder surgery in July of 2010, it is great some nights I just turn the airconditioner on low and turn the one on in the bathroom works very well, my daughter cools her whole house with window units, her AC went out a couple of years ago and that is all she uses.

Location hidden

#11271 Aug 23, 2013
Copythat, we aren't allowed to get window units due to home owners assoc. rules. We need to get one that the whole unit is inside with a hose that goes outside. It's like a big dryer vent really. I have read some bad reviews like they don't really cool or they are too noisy. I don't mind the noise if it cools down this house. I ordered one online from GA, and it's supposed to get here Monday.

Last night it was 87 degrees in my bedroom. Had 2 fans going, but it wasn't cool air that was blowing around.

I hope to get this new portable one up and running on Monday night. I just have to suffer a few more nights till then.

Location hidden

#11272 Aug 23, 2013
Mrspeacock, my daughter has one in her kitchen that they run the hose out the window, as far as I know she likes it and it works fine, she is having some really bad hot flashes so it takes a lot to keep her cool.lol
The rest of her house has window units, her house is like going into a meat locker.:)

Bella, haven't heard from you or Mrsdolittle for a while, hope everything is alright with you two!

Location hidden

#11273 Aug 23, 2013
Sorry.... Ladies. Last week my left leg developed a new infection. So I was kinda down. Went back to the doctor this morning and the antibiotic was working and the extra compression using an ace bandage was allowing more healing and less fluid leakage.

Mrs. Peacock,
I hope you get this portable unit works like a charm. Maybe this weekend will be a cool one.

I watched the diamond shows yesterday. They had some nice megacarat pieces in 14K gold:
The four carat platform ring and the three carat Misty diamond bracelet.

Location hidden

#11274 Aug 23, 2013
Bella, so sorry about your leg, I was afraid something else had come up, hopefully the ace bandage will help to accelerate the healing process and this time it will completely heal.
Which platform ring did they show, the one you have??

Location hidden

#11275 Aug 23, 2013
Nora, meant to ask earlier, how is your Dad, has he found anyone else that he feels comfortable with?
Mrs_Poe

Niles, IL

#11276 Aug 23, 2013
Bella,
My goodness, girl, you have had your problems with health. Please,please, let's have that infection heal. I will be thinking of you. Too much already! Get well!!!!

Location hidden

#11277 Aug 23, 2013
Hi Copythat, Mrs. Peacock, Bella, and Mrs. Poe,
I hope all is going better now.

Mrs. Peacock, I would have to get the AC repaired. End of season or not. Yikes! It is so hot and humid here!

Bella, I am so sorry about your leg!!! Not again!!
I will pray that these infections go away!

Mrs Poe, How was school today?

I saw the diamond shows and saw my diamond bracelet this afternoon. Got it out to wear again. I love that 4 carat diamond ring.

Dad has not found anyone else but new people are moving in. He still misses the younger woman who was the activities director. Today he said, "I hope she doesn't marry someone else." !!!!! She is my age. It is a fantasy ... a dementia fantasy. I asked Dad if she has said she loves him and stammers around when I ask that. I guess that means no. I have been very depressed with all of this and other situations with Dad all week.

Location hidden

#11278 Aug 23, 2013
Nora, my hubby is tired of putting money into this a/c after twice having service last year. He would rather have something to show for the money, so that's why he wanted to get the portable unit. We only need to get through a couple more weeks of hot weather, so I am trying to be tough until this portable one shows up on Monday.

Hubby might try to replace an easy to install part on the central air outdoor unit and see if it does the trick. If it does, that's great, but we can still use the portable a/c on the second floor. It's really hot up there all the time in the summer.

Bella, I hope you are doing OK today and the bandages and antibiotics heal that infection fast!

Nora, I hope your Dad finds a new companion closer to his age in the same place he lives. Poor guy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Bear Claw 60,336
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Mogadore 994,103
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min kent 695,741
Is America 'Mystery Babylon,' mentioned in the ... 27 min Paul really ist tot 16
Prove there is No God 1 hr Andre_Ron 1
Never thought I'd see the day...when............. 6 hr Doctor REALITY 6
News US may never see another spiritual leader like ... 12 hr Doctor REALITY 2
wierd situation with my mom. (Jul '14) Feb 19 Pimpy 23
More from around the web