Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#11238 Aug 13, 2013
Today I took Dad to the dentist again. He has had to have get 2 crowns and a filling. This is the second time they've tried to get the crown on. This worked.

Dad and I ate at Steak N Shake. It was good. Tomorrow Dad goes to the doctor for a check up and I asked him what he wanted to talk to the doctor about. He said, "I think I have brain cancer." I asked what makes him think that. He said he will get up to do something and has no memory of what he was doing. I gently told him that he has mild dementia. It is why he can't walk, or talk well and can't retrieve words. I said, "I bet it is very frustrating." And boy did he ever agree with me! I'd already phoned the doctor about everything we've seen. I pray there is medicine to help him.
Thank God for the assisted living!

I drove home in a very heavy rain! It was like driving in a car wash! I could barely see and I'm sure I hydroplaned some. Yikes!

Location hidden

#11239 Aug 14, 2013
Nors 2 ct. amond ring is on preowns if anyone is interested in a size 8. It is POP26510
Preowned 14k Wg 2.00ctw Pc/Rd/Bg Diamond Ring Not Sizeable
Low Inventory
JTV Price:$1199.99
Clearance Price:$719.99

Location hidden

#11240 Aug 14, 2013
Meant to say Nora's diamond ring.

Location hidden

#11241 Aug 14, 2013
Mrsdolittle, I'm surprised to see you, thought you might be spending all your time at the lake, I know I would.:))) How large is your RV, is it one you pull or drive?

Nora, hopefully the Dr will have something that will help your Dad, it is a horrible thing to have to go thru. I pray for him and you.

Location hidden

#11242 Aug 14, 2013
Dad was in such good sharp mental ability yesterday, it was something that even he knows something isn't right with his mind. Today to the doctor for some help. I'm all prepared with notes and papers. It is a long road with dementia.

Yes, I saw two of my diamond ring which I happen to be wearing these days. It is fun to wear and very comforting. POP26510

Location hidden

#11243 Aug 14, 2013
Copycat, We are going to go and stay a week very soon. It is a travel trailer and it is 32 feet long with two slides. It is 165 miles from us so when we go we will stay and make the most of it for a week at a time.

Location hidden

#11244 Aug 14, 2013
Nora, hope the doctor has some answers for you and your Dad on his memory issues and the attachment emotions that have come on recently. Let us know how it goes.

Mrs. Dolittle, I bet you cannot wait to get there to the lake for a whole week. Doggies, too :).

Wouldn't you know KTV puts a yellow diamond ring on preowns when I just bought one from another network? The one on KTV is less money, but I like the fact that the diamonds are larger in the one I bought, and it's 14KT vs. 10KT at KTV.

Location hidden

#11245 Aug 14, 2013
Well, ladies, the doctor says my dad is fine. Despite the facts. He sees nothing wrong with my dad being "in love" with a woman who is near my age. He didn't change any medicines. Dad described his relationship with the woman as being like a sister to him.

Location hidden

#11246 Aug 14, 2013
Nora, that's good news if the doctor thinks there is nothing wrong.

Ladies, Chuck is on again with clearance and one-hour only deals on his NYC II line. It's making me crazy to not buy everything. I am tempted by some opal and rainbow collection pieces. I am one addicted jewelry lover. Sigh.....

Location hidden

#11247 Aug 14, 2013
Mrspeacock, you know what they say...the first step is admitting that you have an addiction.LOL
We need o find a 7 step program for our jewelry addiction, but something tells me it wouldn't do me any good!!!:)) I would still spend thousands a month if I had it, which I don't anymore, which is probably a good thing!!

Nora, glad that the Dr feels everything is OK with your Dad, I'm sure he's just very lonely, it's normal to feel that half of you is gone when you were married to someone as long as your parents were. How does this woman feel about your Dad, didn't you say it was a staff member?

Bella, how are your battle injuries doing, are you still all bruised up??

Location hidden

#11248 Aug 14, 2013
Dad called me tonight and he has decided to stop trying to pursue this woman. She is my age and probably not interested in Dad as anything more than a friend. I wonder if he felt embarrassed that I talked about it in front of his doctor and realized how silly he sounded. But he is just making himself depressed and sad yearning for her. She's not working there anymore.

Dad does have vascular dementia but when you are almost 91, it is not surprising. Actually, he is in good health for his age.

Location hidden

#11249 Aug 14, 2013
Bella, How are you feeling?

Copythat and ShoppingGal how are your husbands?

Location hidden

#11250 Aug 14, 2013
Nora,
Do sorry to hear your Dad is having some emotional upheavals. It sounds like you are handling the situation in a perfect manner. I am sure he will move in with your care and attention.

Mrs. Dolittle,
I know you are excited about staying a week at the lake. I hope you have some nice weather this fall. Nothing like sunrises and sunsets at a beautiful lake!

I am feeling better. The swelling continues to go down and my pain meds are finally working correctly. I still have some whopper bruises on my legs. Face and jaw are fading though. Thank goodness.

Location hidden

#11251 Aug 15, 2013
Bella, that's good news that your swelling and bruises are going down :).

Nora, since the lady is not working there anymore, maybe the situation will resolve itself. I hope so. I am sure there are many other people in the assisted living that feel lonely, too. Maybe they can find comfort together.

Location hidden

#11252 Aug 15, 2013
Ladies, if you have facebook, go to KTV's page before 4PM EDT.

Location hidden

#11253 Aug 15, 2013
Nora, my husband is doing very well, we received the results of the bone scan, all is well, we knew it was just glad to get results, he has some arthritis starting and the scan showed every time his ribs were fractured, which has been many over the years but THANK GOD, no cancer as the Dr was suspecting!!!:)
I hope that your Dad can find someone else that he likes and enjoys their company, sad to be lonely, even though he is in a place where he is with a lot of other people, sometimes we just want that "someone special" that we feel a connection with.

Location hidden

#11254 Aug 16, 2013
Copythat, that is WONDERFUL news! I am sure you are thrilled. No cancer and the stomach vessels are stable for now. Poor guy must have been really worried with all the tests and doctors. He must be relieved!

My Dad had a colonoscopy last minute this week. He scheduled it on Monday and had it Wed. He had a rough time because it was a new place, new doctor and his dumb insurance company told the doctor NOT to give him the anesthesia that knocks you out. He was awake for the whole thing, but worse than that, he had a terrible reaction to the "relaxing" drug they did let him have. He was throwing up and sweating through his clothes during the procedure!!

They found all sorts of stuff in there to make him nervous like polyps, hemorrhoids and diverticula. Also, something on his prostate. Now he's nervous about the results from the polyps and what he has to do now about the prostate. Poor guy. I feel bad he is not feeling well.

Location hidden

#11255 Aug 16, 2013
Copycat, I am so happy for you and your husband that all turned out well or him :)))

Girls, I just sent you all an email for 15% from JTV, hope you find something nice! This a very surprising coupon cosidering how scarce they have become.

Location hidden

#11256 Aug 16, 2013
CopyThat,
That is wonderful news for your hubby! I am so happy for both of you.

Mrs.Peacock,
Sorry to hear your Dad had such a tough time. I would take that doctor to task as there is no excuse for such painful botch ups. I would complain to lab running the test and the doctor that prescribed it so he can follow through on correcting the debacle.

Mrs.Dolittle,
Thanks for catching that. I had not even noticed it on the original email. All hidden up in a corner. The " shy" coupon. I wonder how many people missed it....

Location hidden

#11257 Aug 17, 2013
Mrs. Peacock, I've always had Versed and never general anesthesia for my colonoscopies. I woke up during one of them. Were they able to remove the polyps? Bless his heart with that reaction to the drugs! But if he was that sick, I'd change doctors!

I was very tempted to use that coupon at KTV yesterday but didn't.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min karl44 574,338
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 6 min RiccardoFire 39,655
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 7 min Tony17 5,460
This ~ or ~ That? (game) (Dec '12) 28 min -TheExam- 1,640
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 33 min -TheExam- 1,371
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 34 min BenAdam 608,265
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 1 hr Ruby88 53,316
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr PELE78 810,319
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr RADEKT 269,038
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 20 hr viky235 164
More from around the web