Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#11172 Aug 3, 2013
Nora, what was the item number on the tanzy penant you got? Did you ever find your other shoe that you lost?

Mrs P., Ebay is one of the best places I have shopped for jewelry by far! You get one of a kind jewelry items that are high quality and not mass produced. Shoppinggal told me she feels the same way about Ebay and wished she had known about it years ago. I have recieved many compliments on what I bought so far.
Shoppinggal

Hope, MI

#11173 Aug 3, 2013
BELLA...glad to hear you are on the mend and are getting some pain relief that works and some sleep!

COPYTHAT...that is good news about your hubby. I am so glad for you both. I just hope we get some decent news next Thursday. I'm really getting anxious about that appointment. I'm anxious to know what they can do for him but hate to go at the same time.

MRSPEACOCK...MRSDOLITTLE is right. We are both addicted to eBay. Everything I have bought so far has been top notch and excellent bargains.

Location hidden

#11174 Aug 4, 2013
Hope you are all doing something relaxing today. I don't think I will be able to relax until after this new pipe goes in and I know we aren't leaking water.

Hubby is cutting the grass because the people that mark the underground utilities will be spray painting the yard either Tues or Wed.

Other than that, I went to Costco for 3 items, but I ended up buying a lot more. It's impossible not to see something there and think, "I need that." I ended up spending over $150 on stuff.

Location hidden

#11175 Aug 4, 2013
Mrspeacock, I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one that does that.:)

Location hidden

#11176 Aug 4, 2013
Copythat, LOL! Isn't that always the way? I do like going there, but it does get expensive sometimes. Did you see any of the Forever Brilliant show on ShopNBC? I saw some of it, but I never heard a good explanation of the treatment to make it whiter/better than the other moissanite.

Location hidden

#11177 Aug 5, 2013
Mrspeacock, same here, I have the shows on TiVo and I haven't watched all of them. The prices were out of my league, which I know they would be. On the moissanite website the Forever Brilliant is more expensive than the regular moissanite. I wonder if there is a chance that the treatment might fall apart after many years, I wouldn't want to take a chance on it.

Location hidden

#11178 Aug 5, 2013
Copythat, I wonder why there are 2 different categories of Moissanite at all. If this new treatment to make moissanite brighter is SO GREAT, then why isn't it just a standard to do that to ALL moissanite from now on? I don't like having to figure out which moissanite is the new/improved and which is the regular type.

Location hidden

#11179 Aug 5, 2013
Me either Mrspeacock, too many other things to think about. Guess I'll just have to order what I think I might want now and then if KTV starts to sell it, I won't have to worry about it, personally, I just think it is a marketing ploy to make more money. I'm afraid if they get it too white, it will look fake and no one will think that it is a "diamond".

Location hidden

#11180 Aug 5, 2013
Sent you all an email. Check it out. Items going fast.

Location hidden

#11181 Aug 5, 2013
Mrs P., Thanks for the email. I did not find anything that interested me that much to buy. What about you, did you get anything?

Copycat, I was just getting ready to say the same thing about a marketing ploy to get people to buy a new and improved moissanite product. That is the way it is with everything; industries are always coming up with gimmicks to get the consumer to buy the newest thing out there which is not always better.

Bella, How is your leg doing now? Been thinking about you a lot lately :)))

Location hidden

#11182 Aug 5, 2013
Mrs. Dolittle, I was tempted by the ring on pre--- that is DOCC38. I saw it presented on TV with Robert last weekend. It looked like the diamonds were higher quality than normal for KTV.

Bella, I hope you feel better soon and get some rest.

Location hidden

#11184 Aug 6, 2013
Missed most of the PO, we were at the hospital having hubby's bone scans, we were at the hospital almost 6 hours!!! He had his injection at 12:00 we had to be back at 4 and did not get home until 8:30, I am still exhausted. It will be 4-5- days before we get the results.

Location hidden

#11185 Aug 6, 2013
Copythat, I didn't know you were going to have more testing with your hubby. I hope it all turns out OK.

There are still some nice items on preowned, but about 4:15 yesterday afternoon, there was so much on there I hadn't seen for a while. Huge morganites, pink diamonds, green diamonds, purple diamonds, light champagnes and mochas, too. There was moissanite in gold and a lot of white diamonds, also. I was wondering why it took so long to have a big preowned event like that. I wish it was on a day with coupons. They did have free shipping, which is something, I guess.

The ring I liked is now gone, so I am free from temptation for now.

Location hidden

#11186 Aug 6, 2013
CopyThat,
I will pray for good news from the bone scan.. The doctor is just being cautious. I know the test must have been exhausting.

Location hidden

#11187 Aug 6, 2013
CopyThat,Praying for good news on the bone scan.

Mrs. Dolittle, The tanz pendant was AC088P I am still wearing it. Of course the chain is small but the pendant it perfect. There is ONE left.

It is very hot here. We wait unil after dark to bring in the mail. Bleck!

My father's dementia seems to be getting worse. He varies. Sometimes like child and sometimes like normal Dad. Keeps putting his hands on the staff in the form of hand holding and hugs. I informed the doctor today.

Yesterday was the anniversary of Mom's death and he forgot. My sister and I grieved. 4 long years.
And he is more emotional about little things than before. For example, if they plan an activity and the person doesn't show up.

This has been really sad. It just is out of our control. Thank God he is in the assisted living.

Location hidden

#11188 Aug 6, 2013
Nora, do you think the drugs he is on for the dementia are not as effective anymore? Like his body got used to them, so he needs a bigger dose? I hope the doctors will find a solution to keep him lucid. I'd hate to think of him going back to not knowing if it's day or night and not eating. He seemed to be doing so well. Maybe the hugs, etc, are just because he is lonely? I am sure your Mom is watching over him and you and your sister :).
Mrs_Poe

Morton Grove, IL

#11189 Aug 6, 2013
Copythat,
Good luck with the bone scans. I think of you.

Norma,
It is so sad to see your parent deteriorate. My mom was bedridden with oxygen, a portable toilet, sponge baths, etc., for 8 years. Emphysema is a slow death. Hang in as best you can. We certainly have our baggage to carry, don'we?

ZaZa's,
I have to stop EBay. I have gorgeous things, but enough is enough. I could have taken a European vacation for what I have spent. But actually, I prefer the jewels....I just cannot do it anymore. Just a few times a year. It is an addiction, and you do get one of a kind, unique things...I have to stop.

I hate all the junk on KTV. Diamonds in silver, gems in copper. They were hawking the copper stuff last nite. Doesn't copper turn green? Think of copper pots. And the moissonite upgrade is marketing at it's finest. Like pushing Druzy. Druzy is very pretty, but very inexpensive. It is common quartz. The most plentiful mineral on earth, or at least one of them. Marketing. Like the labradorite fiasco a few years ago, Just nonsensical advertising. Buyer beware....

Location hidden

#11190 Aug 6, 2013
Thanks everyone for the good thoughts, I appreciate them, more than you will ever know!!!

Nora, well said and oh so true, you have to be an educated jewelry shopper or you are gong to get taken.

Nora, my Mom would always get worse this time of the year, until the fall really set in good and then she would get a little better, hope that is all that is wrong with your Dad, thinking of him and praying for you both.

Shoppinggal, let us know what you find out at the Dr's, isn't it the 8th. that you go back?

Location hidden

#11191 Aug 6, 2013
That was supposed to be "Mrs Poe, well said...OOPS!!:))

Location hidden

#11192 Aug 6, 2013
Nora,
Also have the doctor re-evaluate his meds. Some meds can make the dementia worse. His behavior is not unusual though. My Mom got real clingy as her dementia worsened. We had a sitter come and keep her company in the afternoons. It was worth every penny.

Mrs. Poe,
I wondered about the copper turning green too. The megacarat gold in diamond rings they got in April were an exception. The diamonds in three rings I got them were exceptional and among the nicest I have ever gotten from JTV.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min USA Born 559,278
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Catcher1 774,779
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 12 min Mandela 37,804
Scientific proof for God's existence 16 min God Truth 8
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 24 min Seraphima 604,902
Obamacare: the thievin' 'hyenna' of healthcare ... 25 min Doctor REALITY 4
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 41 min onemale 265,058
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 hr joe 441,761
More from around the web