Birdies group

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#11152 Jul 30, 2013
My doctor has always been good about the pain meds. I had no pain with the stuff he gave me the week after the fall. The patches were supposed to be stronger and the patch a convenience. I just did not mesh (pardon the pun) with that technique. He changed me to a pill that is three steps up the ladder from the L one. I think I slept 12 hours after having no pain last night. Blessed relief.
Nora,
We could barely leave town for a long weekend the entire 5 years my Mom was here in a nursing home. She would always have a meltdown if some type. Your new tree sounds gorgeous!:)

Location hidden

#11153 Jul 30, 2013
Mrs. Peacock, It was only in 2011 that we bought the last Christmas tree! We stored it in an attic that must have gotten to 115 degrees Anyway most of the lights were burned out.

Bella, Thanks for the tip on not leaving town. We were gone from a Thursday to late Monday. Too long!!

Location hidden

#11154 Jul 31, 2013
Just thought I would let everyone know that hubby goes to the Cardio Vascular Surgeon in the morning, will be so glad to finally find out what the Dr feels that we should do, as it turns out they found a spot on his spine, it appears to be scar tissue, but he has to have a full bone scan on Monday to be sure. He has had trouble with his disc for years, I'm sure that is what the spot is.

Glad to see your post Nora, seems like forever since you posted.

Bella, how are you healing, is the bruising about gone?

Location hidden

#11155 Jul 31, 2013
Copythat, I pray all goes well and the doctors have a good plan to help your hubby.

Nora, I thought you did get that tree the same year I got the one from QVC. I had a section of lights go out both times I used it, but not enough to throw it out. I will add more lights this year.

We got our first estimate to fix the water leak. It is around $2000. I hope the next estimates are lower. We realllly cannot afford this expense right now. I am still paying off my medical bills and my credit cards. Yikes!
Nora2

United States

#11156 Aug 1, 2013
Sitting in the dentist chair waiting on the dentist. Dad is getting a crown put on. I sneezed & clicked my teeth, chipping my front tooth! So I'm having the doc smooth the tooth.

Location hidden

#11157 Aug 1, 2013
CopyThat,
I hope the doctor has good news for you this morning.
My bruises are still there. I will send a picture if my "good" leg. I really fell hard and the leg that caught the worst of it is still very swollen and hit to the touch.

Mrs. Peacock,
Did you find what was leaking?

Nora,
Bummer in that sneeze.:(

Location hidden

#11158 Aug 1, 2013
Bella, I hope your "bad" leg gets better soon.

We are pretty sure there is a leak underground in the front yard. It isn't near the house, but it whole line has to be replaced. Most of the bids have been $2000 or more. One is a little lower. Still, it's going to hurt financially. I will have to go "on the wagon" and not buy bling for a while.

Copythat, post when you can about your hubby's plans going forward.

Nora, I don't like being at the dentist. I hope the chip isn't too bad.

Location hidden

#11159 Aug 1, 2013
Hi everyone, the news is GOOD, 2 small aneurysms that the Dr.s will keep a watch on, evidently a CT from a few years ago showed the same 2 and they haven't hardly changed in that time period, so I am thanking God, it has been a stressful for the last few days, even though I knew that everything was OK, it was still good to hear the Dr say so!!!

Location hidden

#11160 Aug 1, 2013
Copythat! Praise God! I'm so glad it is good news!

Mrs. Peacock, Not such great news! Be sure to get a reliable plumber. Rats! I guess pipes can freeze and get old. Or burst when it is hot. It is hot here but only the 90's. I can understand going on the wagon and not buying bling.

I lost one sandal!! It was a Golkies from Norm Thompson. I had flung my sandals off and I think I may have scooped up one sandal and thrown it away with the Sunday paper! GAD! First I lose the gold watch and now a sandal that wasn't cheap.
I've looked everywhere for the sandal.

My tooth is now smooth again. Our dentist has an absolutely huge handbar moustache. He smoothed it without sedation and said if it hurts to let him know. I said, I'll just grab your moustache! It didn't hurt. Always open your mouth when you sneeze.

Location hidden

#11161 Aug 1, 2013
Copythat, that is good news! What are the doctors going to do from here? Just have him come in again in the future to make sure they don't get larger?

Nora, what a strange thing to lose ONE sandal. Maybe it will still turn up. Maybe one of the doggies wanted to play hide and seek with it? I am glad your dentist could fix your tooth without pain.

Our house isn't that old, so the pipe thing makes me mad. I think they put in bad materials when the house was built. Now we have to pay the price. It is not fun. I hope it gets fixed one time and never needs anything again in the future.
Mrs_Poe

Niles, IL

#11162 Aug 1, 2013
Copythat,
I am glad you got good news regarding your husband. You must be relieved!

Nora,
Are you sure you didn't fling the slipper at the dentist? I am glad your tooth is ok. Now find that slipper!

Mrs. Peacock,
Isn't it awful how expensive house repairs are? We flooded twice, and our insurance covered a whole flood system that cost over ten thousand. Thank the Lord for insurance. We had plumbing problems that also led to our house front.

Bella,
How is the pain level? How are you healing?

Gonna go crash....bedtime....

Location hidden

#11163 Aug 2, 2013
Mrs. Poe, I wish this was covered. We have to pay it all out of pocket. Ugh...

They can't start until next Wed or Thurs, so we are leaking away another 5 days or so. They have to wait for the underground utilities to be marked in the grass and they have to finish another couple jobs on Monday and Tues. Oh well. I guess we will hope the water dept gives us a break on some of the bill.

Location hidden

#11164 Aug 2, 2013
Mrspeacock, are you going to watch the moissanite shows tomorrow on NBC? They are supposed to have some of the "Forever Brilliant" stones the white ones that aren't supposed to have any yellow in them. I am looking forward to seeing them, won't be buying, but I can always look.:))
Sorry about the leak, what a bummer.

Bella, how are you feeling today??

Mrsdolittle, miss reading your post, along with almost everyone else, guess everyone is extremely busy, or we have finally fun out of things to "chat" about, makes me REALLY SAD if that is the case!!!

Location hidden

#11165 Aug 2, 2013
The Forever Brilliant Moissanite jewels have their own issues. It is a treatment applied to the basic Moissy. It has been known to burn the stone and result tiny pit marks. C&C are doing this in response to another company buying their Moissy and treating it and then selling it under the name Amora Moissanite (advertised as whiter than regular Moissy) Once C&C applies the Forever Brilliant treatment, this other company cannot apply their treatment.

Location hidden

#11166 Aug 2, 2013
Went to the doctor this morning. Everything continues to heal. There is still a lot swelling in the leg that took the brunt of the fall. To be expected as that leg is absorbing all that internal bruising and is very warm to the touch because if that. I still have a knot on my head and jaw. It is still pretty sore there. I am resting comfortably this afternoon with my legs propped up.

Location hidden

#11167 Aug 2, 2013
Bella, glad that you are healing, even though you probably don't feel as though you are, a fall as bad as the one you had can take quite a while to heal.
Thanks for the info on the "Forever Brilliant" stone, thought they had found a formula to make them whiter, didn't realize that it was a treatment. I like the hint of yellow in the stones I have, to me, it makes them look more like a natural diamond, at least one that I could afford, I could never afford a D, E colorless stone.

Location hidden

#11168 Aug 2, 2013
Copycat, Just not much to post about in my neck of the woods. Just the same ole same ole everyday stuff going on. I did bid on a pretty opal bead necklace from a place in India that shoppinggal told me about. She is also bidding on an opal necklace. She and I are hooked on Ebay just like we were JTV some time back. We go from shopping at one jewelry website to another with our addiction,lol!

I am so happy to hear that your husband got an excellent report and that nothing has changed, that is very good. I prayed for both of you along with Bella each and every day. Bella is still in my prayers that her leg will heal and all the aches and pains will subside.

Bella, Just take it easy and not let anything worry you. You need to rest as much as possible to recuperate and if it means several months than do it :))) Let your girls and hubby take care of everything as you have taken care of them in the past.

Location hidden

#11169 Aug 2, 2013
Copythat and Bella, I hadn't heard of this treatment to make Moissanite whiter. I will check out some of the show on ShopNBC. I like the prices I have gotten at KTV, so if ShopNBC's prices are a lot more, I'll still with CW on KTV.

Mrs. Dolittle, you are having a ball on ebay with Shopping Gal, huh? I still haven't stepped into that. Maybe once I get my credit cards paid down.
Nora2

United States

#11170 Aug 2, 2013
So good to read everyone's posts! Bella, I am glad the doctor says you are healing!!! Prayers!

I did not know about the moissanite treatment! I'll stick to JTV.

Mrs. Peacock, wow that is rough! I hope they get with it & fix it as soon as possible!

I got my new tanzanite pendant today & it is deep blue! I love it! Not too expensive but dark blue!

Location hidden

#11171 Aug 3, 2013
Nora, congrats on the new tanzy pendant. I do love tanzanite. One of the top 5 gemstones I own, for sure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Gods r Delusions ... 658,892
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min Happy Lesbo 71,064
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 11 min Buck Crick 275
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 24 min DENG 39,178
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 28 min Gabriel 974,846
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 30 min andet1987 3,046
UK Phone Numbers for Fun 51 min Amazingfunlad 26
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 283,030
More from around the web